Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which country won WW1?
The United States
USA
America
View Results

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

24/7 Ballroom Blitz (No explosives) (1000 tickets)

... :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

revolther
May 27, 2008
Yeah, that sounded like a fancy version of metro.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Panch posted:

24/7 Ballroom Blitz (No explosives) (1000 tickets)

... :(

no rcon so not happening

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

I'm loving hyped for pigeon mode.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

afkmacro posted:

no rcon so not happening
you can disable explosive and increase ticket counts from the standard options.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Fao Fortress posted:

Join one of the earliest amphibious landings of the Great War as the British Empire struggles to secure the oil on the Al-Faw Peninsula. The majestic Ottoman fortress of Fao guards the entrance and is not falling uncontested. Here you will fight through marshlands and dunes, over bridges and shallow coves. The assault finally enters the ancient fortress itself. The quest for oil begins here. The Dreadnought needs to feed.

:getin:

Makes me wonder what kind of leviathan they'll have in the forest, assuming they want one for each map.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

Perestroika posted:

Makes me wonder what kind of leviathan they'll have in the forest, assuming they want one for each map.

Crossing my fingers for a railway mounted gently caress off sized artillery piece!

Ofaloaf posted:

I'm loving hyped for pigeon mode.

It pretty much is the plot for that old cartoon.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Bohemian Nights posted:

lol just lol if you play a battlefield game for any other reason than to be at the top of the scoreboard

There are many ways to win at battlefield. Some times I have won by getting half a clan banned from their own hardcore server by jihad grenade on lockers. Getting the urock server admin so mad he bans half the players on the server with his rampage only ending when he accidentally banned himself. Go to any 24/7 lockers/metro and fling flairs like candy. Claymore hell on pearl market. There are many was to win in battlefield.

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

No one has mentioned Operations yet?

quote:

Operations offer epic journeys across several maps based upon real battles of World War I. We wanted to offer a large and epic experience with a focus on teamplay and frontline combat. Adding this meta-layer to the game mode, and stretching it across multiple interesting locations that both look and play very differently, adds a whole new layer of scale and variety to the battles in Battlefield 1. Your team can win on one map, proceed to the next map, and actually see the map you previously fought over on the horizon.

This sounds awesome but how in the hell will I see Sinai if Argonne was the next map???

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

This sounds awesome but how in the hell will I see Sinai if Argonne was the next map???

Just squint and you'll be fine, gently caress that whole ocean thing in the middle.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

In-game PTSD flashbacks, obviously. :v:

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Perestroika posted:

In-game PTSD flashbacks, obviously. :v:

That is why the medics have the opium injectors

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

JoshVanValkenburg posted:

That is why the medics have the opium injectors

Yesssss.

Opium.

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

Multiple Rush-style maps within the larger Conquest maps?

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Can't believe I'm letting myself get caught up in the dice hype again but those are some cool sounding maps

How did they solicit beta feedback and is it too late? I assumed it was Reddit because that's how all the other battlefield games got patched:jerkbag:

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

FastestGunAlive posted:

Can't believe I'm letting myself get caught up in the dice hype again but those are some cool sounding maps

How did they solicit beta feedback and is it too late? I assumed it was Reddit because that's how all the other battlefield games got patched:jerkbag:

Haha thank gently caress no.

They asked us to fill out a survey instead, which was pretty detailed.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
drat my dumb rear end completely missed that. Oh well. Hopefully light tank doesn't get nerfed too bad

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

FastestGunAlive posted:

drat my dumb rear end completely missed that. Oh well. Hopefully light tank doesn't get nerfed too bad

Hoping they don't make horses too fragile too, It was nice claiming a horse for yourself as it is hard to spawn in one.

Happy to hear they are looking into doing something with Support.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Can't wait to play on FAO Schwarztress.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

SeanBeansShako posted:

Hoping they don't make horses too fragile too, It was nice claiming a horse for yourself as it is hard to spawn in one.

Happy to hear they are looking into doing something with Support.

Agreed on both counts. Invincible horse wasn't that bad to fight against in my opinion and it was fun to ride

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Invincible horse was hilarious as it would trot along not giving a gently caress despite being enveloped in a direct artillery hit killing the rider. gently caress you Warhorse indeed.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

They play out really well anf are great incentive for staying on a server.

Tarantula
Nov 4, 2009

No go ahead stand in the fire, the healer will love the shit out of you.

Perestroika posted:

I would guess another Zeppelin, 3 behemoths is plenty fun for me, keen to see the dreadnought in action.

Mr Shiny Pants
Nov 12, 2012
Loved the beta, I usually play assault scout and I love that the bullets feel faster.

The Russian gun with the close range scope was a really awesome gun. It made it possible to capture flags and get in close.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
I very much preferred all the scout rifles with iron sights so I hope there's an option to strip the individual guns of their scopes in the full release, because having to use a scope with the gewehr 98 was zzzzzz

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Bohemian Nights posted:

I very much preferred all the scout rifles with iron sights so I hope there's an option to strip the individual guns of their scopes in the full release, because having to use a scope with the gewehr 98 was zzzzzz

There was a scopeless version of that rifle.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

SeanBeansShako posted:

There was a scopeless version of that rifle.

idk, tried both versions of the m98 and both came with scopes, one of the m95s came with ironsights tho

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Bohemian Nights posted:

idk, tried both versions of the m98 and both came with scopes, one of the m95s came with ironsights tho

I pretty much grabbed the one without the scope the moment I saw it, didn't notice the other variants.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

evil_bunnY posted:

you can disable explosive and increase ticket counts from the standard options.

even if that were true, there's so many ways to work around the server rule set in previous titles that it's not enforceable at all without rcon or procon.

Mr Shiny Pants
Nov 12, 2012

Bohemian Nights posted:

The Russian one had like a red dot sight with minimal zoom, it was awesome.

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOETfELb2JI

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

I chuckled, they oddly match up quite well.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
Will players be forced to take cover in mounds of their comrades' corpses for hours as deafening hellfire rains down without mercy, or is that going to be DLC?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

They dropped some melee weapon info down on their sites blog, have a read.

Light vehicle damage. Interesting.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
"who wants to stand behind a landship and beat it to death with a shovel?" -- DICE

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
I never heard anyone yell before charging in the beta.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

New Concept Hole posted:

Probably like how jeep beeps were client side in bf3 initially

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

Chronojam posted:

That or the yelling is incredibly quiet in the 3p mix.

New Concept Hole fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Sep 22, 2016

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

:munch:

New Concept Hole posted:

You only hear yelling during the charge and not before, it activates instantly from sprinting. And you either hear it or you don't at all, as opposed to gunfire. I hope they make it super obvious by release because there is no expert navigation required when you have as much damage resistance as a cavalry officer while charging.

https://streamable.com/v83k

Chronojam posted:

They made horns audible to everyone this time around, they've remembered something at least.

Delacroix fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Sep 22, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

I really hope they've left the beep-and-step-out bug in.

Psion posted:

"who wants to stand behind a landship and beat it to death with a shovel?" -- DICE
damage to light vehicles, not light damage to vehicles.

evil_bunnY fucked around with this message at 09:17 on Sep 22, 2016