Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
YancyQ
Jan 18, 2008
Grimey Drawer
so if you pay this guy $5000 you get to watch ROX poo poo on C9 in a Bo5?

i hope riot is taking notes for their future pay-per-view model

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

Taciturn Tactician posted:

ESPN is reporting on league doxxing drama. What a world we live in.

I assume that right now, ESPN's eSports division is like 2 dudes in a really cramped room that all of the other ESPN employees laugh at because they're still on the "lol esports aren't real sports" train.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Libertine posted:

Impact desperately tries to remember the English words "cum shot" as he tries to form the sentence to request a gank from Meteos

lol

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

GreyPowerVan posted:

I think it's childish but they're still somehow making it to worlds every single year

It says a lot about NA that a team that has a jungler who retired because he doesn't like being stressed out by serious games and a bunch of memers who clog up comms is top three like what, four years running? TSM needs to sell whatever secret method they used to get a good local player like biofrost to the other orgs and rescue NA.

E: also when they didn't have Meteos they had hai "please let me retire I beg you" lam in jungle

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011

Taciturn Tactician posted:

It says a lot about NA that a team that has a jungler who retired because he doesn't like being stressed out by serious games and a bunch of memers who clog up comms is top three like what, four years running? TSM needs to sell whatever secret method they used to get a good local player like biofrost to the other orgs and rescue NA.

E: also when they didn't have Meteos they had hai "please let me retire I beg you" lam in jungle

Remember when Link had to sub for Hai and he said it was odd playing with C9 because no one talked? It wasn't always like this!

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
shame no eu comms leaked and we can't enjoy hours of

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4kkoGHQx5Q

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Typical Pubbie posted:

Remember when Link had to sub for Hai and he said it was odd playing with C9 because no one talked? It wasn't always like this!

I'm pretty sure the original elise "cum shot" clip was from like, season 4. Memeing is not some new thing for C9. They probably just weren't comfortable doing it with Link.

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
Signaling to your team mates that an ability will be ready in 5 seconds is effective use of comms. It's everything else that's the problem. I mean I guess you could say CUM SHOT is indicative of a distinct lack of esports professionalism but it's really a minor thing.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Typical Pubbie posted:

Signaling to your team mates that an ability will be ready in 5 seconds is effective use of comms. It's everything else that's the problem. I mean I guess you could say CUM SHOT is indicative of a distinct lack of esports professionalism but it's really a minor thing.

It doubles as effective communication in the bedroom.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
the whole skype thing is super dumb considering that they could just use whatsapp if they needed an easy form of encryption. it's not rocket science.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Libertine posted:

It doubles as effective communication in the bedroom.

obviously they've been spending a lot of resources on team building

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

To this day, it still boggles my mind that the loving "cum shot in 5" clip even made it on air.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
vitality picks up steeelback, is in danger of being good

http://www.team-vitality.fr/news/steeelback-joins-team-vitality

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Lovechop posted:

vitality picks up steeelback, is in danger of being good

http://www.team-vitality.fr/news/steeelback-joins-team-vitality

Good signing. I thought something might have been up when he just "randomly" left Roccat the other day.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
IMay's Road is showing that Chinese hyper-aggression in solo queue by playing Disco Nunu and inting at level 1

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!

Typical Pubbie posted:

C9's efficient use of comm memes has gone down drastically since season 4.

Seriously, if this is a typical set of comms for C9, I imagine Reapered is either contemplating quitting or throwing Memeos and Sneaky out a window.

Freaksaus
Jun 13, 2007

Grimey Drawer

thelazyblank posted:

C9's efficient use of comm memes has gone down drastically since season 4.

Seriously, if this is a typical set of comms for C9, I imagine Reapered is either contemplating quitting or throwing Memeos and Sneaky out a window.

I remember hearing their comms back in S3 and at the time I thought their comms were super clean, especially compared to the rest of the NA teams. That might have also just been because of Hai controlling the entire team though.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
wait did echo fox drop dardoch during this or before?

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Libertine posted:

Good signing. I thought something might have been up when he just "randomly" left Roccat the other day.

Steeelback is really good and better than Police but Vitality's problems remain the same. They have no playmaking and their shotcalling is super passive. They only win if Shook snowballs Cabochard or the enemy team does nothing and game is decided in a teamfight. I think if they played in the no laneswap patch they would actually do well. I think they were horrible at laneswaps but have very good lanes. Nukeduck is passive but he never really loses lane and does good on certain comfort picks. Steeelback is another passive player who is good teamfighter like Nukeduck.

Dardoch said on his stream that he is still looking for an LCS team. I don't know who will get him with all the leaks and attitude problems he has already shown. Still pretty good NA jungler and in summer he was one of the main reasons after Piglet TL did so well. Good playmaking/shotcalling/mechanics but horrible attitude and super tilty player.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Dardoch is one of the most talented NA players to come out in a while but it sounds like he's burning every bridge he can on the way out.

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
I wonder if team management has ever tried getting the parents involved for younger gently caress ups like Dardoch.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

wait did echo fox drop dardoch during this or before?

He never actually signed with them / they never submitted any paperwork to Riot. So he is off TL but currently unsigned.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream

Typical Pubbie posted:

I wonder if team management has ever tried getting the parents involved for younger gently caress ups like Dardoch.

You wouldn't want a parent to come in and try to convince their kid not to sign a lovely contract.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
can anyone help me add to this list, its for a project (do not ask what the project is!!!)

• brokenshard
• LEP
• woolite
• nintendudex
• wickd?

this will be important in the future

stump collector
May 28, 2007
EKKO

VILEROZE

ZUNA

MANCLOUD (after season 3)

BILLY BOSS

CRUZERTHEBRUZER

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Lovechop posted:

can anyone help me add to this list, its for a project (do not ask what the project is!!!)

• brokenshard
• LEP
• woolite
• nintendudex
• wickd?

this will be important in the future

Wickd was a relevant player once though. Even if said relevance came from getting carried by Froggen, he has actually won things

exethan posted:

EKKO

VILEROZE

ZUNA

MANCLOUD (after season 3)

BILLY BOSS

CRUZERTHEBRUZER

These are good

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Wuxi posted:

Wickd was a relevant player once though. Even if said relevance came from getting carried by Froggen, he has actually won things

yeah that's true. it's easy to forget that wickd actually was pretty good once upon a time

thanks for your list exethan. man it's funny how many legendarily bad players are top laners

stump collector
May 28, 2007
i forgot flaresz, the guy who openly trolled his team on stage several times

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
PEAK Voyboy
PEAK IWDominate
PEAK scarra
PEAK Imaqtpie
PEAK LOCUST

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Wasn't there an NA support who was complete dead weight? Maybe it was Em Eye Eh or whatever that guy with MIA phonetically spelled was?

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Evaniskus was pretty poo poo

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

exethan posted:

Evaniskus was pretty poo poo

Its not called the Evaniskus award for nothing after all

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
i thought this was a discussion about players that owned

stump collector
May 28, 2007
I think elementz was the last truly bad solo queue player to get kicked from a LCS roster

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
What is the general theme for this list we are making

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Evaniskas (sp?) was the inaugural LVP. Elementz is a good choice.

There were a couple eu LCS teams who picked up support players and dropped them in like one or two weeks because they were so bad I can't remember their names though.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Never gonna let anyone forget Avalon who sunk the only E-Sports team I've ever spent real money on Merch for.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Don't forget RF Legendary, arguably the worst player ever to transition from solo queue star to LCS nobody.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
So MF has been doing pretty well in soloqueue for a while now, do you think there's any chance of her getting picked up at worlds, or is she just the type of champion who never gets picked competitively?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Aumanor posted:

So MF has been doing pretty well in soloqueue for a while now, do you think there's any chance of her getting picked up at worlds, or is she just the type of champion who never gets picked competitively?

She had a lot of really standout win% patches in solo queue this split and I thought many times she would break into competitive. She rotates extremely well with her movement passive. I don't think you can play her into any comp at competitive level though because she has to have a few teammates who can help setup her teamfight and she has to have the ability to get off damage without getting piled on. That second part is the most difficult since most pro teams are just a big collection of piledown CC-chain/killing champions. I think it depends a lot on what the Jungler/Top meta looks like whether or not she can be played. I think G2 Zven/Niels might have played her once this season but I can't remember if that's right.

e: Oh yeah and Jhin kind of crowded her out because he's basically the same kind of bully style kit as her except his team fight ultimate can be fired from a full screen away instead of a single gap closer away.

• Locked thread