Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Cat Mattress posted:

Well it seemed the obvious next step:

I wonder if Tom reads this still.

Potato Salad fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Sep 21, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

He will wonder why he does.

Axiem
Oct 19, 2005

I want to leave my mind blank, but I'm terrified of what will happen if I do
Inspiration.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
The cat is slipping out of the bag faster and faster.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

She was right the first time

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Kikas posted:

The Kat's in a boat, please try to keep up

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Kikas posted:

Clearly you've never had a cat in a bag

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Robot was with them? Or is this Smitty pulling some serious strings to have Robot intercede when things became a little derailed?

What happens when Smitty's strings pull too far?

This is such a good chapter.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

It makes much more sense that they brought robot with them on purpose.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

EmmyOk posted:

It makes much more sense that they brought robot with them on purpose.

Not really. Jeanne didn't move at all until he interceded.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Demiurge4 posted:

Not really. Jeanne didn't move at all until he interceded.

It was more that she started moving when Annie started touching her stuff. Sword ghost felt that something was off and almost started attacking Annie, but the robot is a nice distraction.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Until we see characters react we won't know, but my understanding is that they had Robot sit at a distance from the scene until something went wrong, at which point he'd jump in and keep Jeanne busy, as he is doing.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Huh, Robot's biological arm looks pretty messed up in the Jeannescape

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
This has to be the most complicated sequences that has been in the comic to date. There are four different perspectives going on right now: Annie in Arrow Land, Kat and Annie on the boat, Robot and Jeanne in Blueland, and the same events happening from the outside perspective. And sometimes we are sidestepping into Flashback Land, which is a fifth perspective. And it all makes sense! Well done, Tom :golfclap:

Worthleast
Nov 25, 2012

Possibly the only speedboat jumps I've planned

Dr Subterfuge posted:

This has to be the most complicated sequences that has been in the comic to date. There are four different perspectives going on right now: Annie in Arrow Land, Kat and Annie on the boat, Robot and Jeanne in Blueland, and the same events happening from the outside perspective. And sometimes we are sidestepping into Flashback Land, which is a fifth perspective. And it all makes sense! Well done, Tom :golfclap:

I think the flesh ship chapter was a good preparation for this sort of sequence.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
I like the contrast between angry Jean and expressionless murderghost. I don't think she can change expression in the real world.

It's also really sad that when holodecked into forgetting she's a murderghost she happily spends a pleasant afternoon chatting with a friend and doesn't hesitate to defend her against an evil murderbot :smith:

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

Worthleast posted:

I think the flesh ship chapter was a good preparation for this sort of sequence.

Now that you mention it that probably had just as many perspectives. The relatively rapid switches here make it really apparent how well it flows.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
Jeanne hasn't cut Robot into confetti yet, so something is probably slowing her way down.

Cavelcade
Dec 9, 2015

I'm actually a boy!

IMJack posted:

Jeanne hasn't cut Robot into confetti yet, so something is probably slowing her way down.

The fact that she thinks she's human, probably.

Splicer posted:

I like the contrast between angry Jean and expressionless murderghost. I don't think she can change expression in the real world.

Uh...

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

IMJack posted:

She still thinks she's human, thanks to Blue, and that's probably limiting her, I imagine.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Jeanne is going to cut Robot's muscle arm, and it will bleed, and that's going to mess up Jeanne's head real bad

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
Wait how do you parry a ghost sword?

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
If it's real enough to pierce your heart it's real enough to be parried. :colbert:

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
Cortosis ore.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Actually Robot is just cool as hell at fighting unlike lovely humans

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
Jeanne pretty much instantly slaughtered things that were far above humans though.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Iceclaw posted:

Jeanne pretty much instantly slaughtered things that were far above humans though.

So it's a good thing she's being limited by Blue.

Buckets
Apr 10, 2009

...THE CHILD...
I think Red might've noticed whats going on, she's got a blank face but it's kinda facing the reader rather than the middle distance.

Also still waiting for Zimmy to bomb this party.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Red will use her powers of having amazing hair to charm the savage ghost.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
the only death this chapter will be Red and blue's friendship; when jeanne cuts Red's hair off

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

Mazerunner posted:

the only death this chapter will be Red and blue's friendship; when jeanne cuts Red's hair off

Red's Hair: 0%

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

Running this joke into the ground with no survivors

Calef
Aug 21, 2007

IMJack posted:

About that...

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
Oh cool, more of Robot is organic now!

Or was, anyway.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Ow, flesh is soft and squishy!

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
She's about to get real confused

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
For some reason I find myself remembering Robot's exultation of pain some chapters ago. I wonder how he's feeling about that now.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

"Change of plans robots, flesh is the worst thing ever"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Flesh is a curse.