Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

HOW?

AND WHERE?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

SettingSun posted:

Anything that accelerates the rate I get the currency that buys Umbrite is ok in my book.

I would agree but I should be done with that nightmare by next Tuesday so it's dome and should just give more cute glamours.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
i'm just ready for prepatch doldrums to end tbh

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

The astro buff will just read 'SCH and WHM deleted'.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Wanna help that mi'kitten complete her sticker book.

And it's kind of looking like squadron recruits are semi random rather than ones you create yourself? I wonder what the attrition rate will be like.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Thundarr posted:

Wanna help that mi'kitten complete her sticker book.

And it's kind of looking like squadron recruits are semi random rather than ones you create yourself? I wonder what the attrition rate will be like.
They're static, I think I heard there are something like 80 of them? There are apparently certain ones you can only recruit by doing gold saucer challenge logs.

e: 60 actually

quote:

Squadrons (platoons):
There are a total of 60 NPC adventurers.
Each character has small settings behind them.
The rewards will vary depending on the team composition.
The plattons includes 3 aspects.
Expanding on the members to create a platoon where you can register up to 8 members and you can kick and exchange them. Everytime you clear one of the challenge logs, the system will judge if a new applicant will show up or not. There are NPCs that only show up when you clear Golden saucer related challenge logs.The race, gender, class is totally fixed.
You can train your platoon with each member having their individual level, but you cannot touch on their personal parameters. Instead, the players will train parameters like their team work and knowlege of tactics. In other words, you will train the platoon as a whole.
Missions.
There are various missions that pop up, so you'll consider the compatibility and comprehensive strength of the whole team and dispatch them to gain rewards like tokens that were difficult to gain outside of battle. The rewards will vary depending on the team set up so they want players to think about how to train them and group them up, because that's what makes this different from retainer ventures.

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

I'll have the entire inner workings of platoon things datamined once the patch hits because the database files for platoons are already in the game files, they're just blanked out atm

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Ah, I hadn't seen that, thanks. I guess that means there will be "best platoon composition" posts online within a week then, but oh well. Actually getting to order around npcs to send on missions is probably something I'll get into either way.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

It reminds me a lot of the Duty Officers or Admiralty stuff in STO and that was like the only good part of the grind in that game. :toot:

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
Darn, I was hoping to send out the dream team of Dyce, Dyce's Elder Bro, Zalbakk and Almand out to further my FFT references.

Oh well, plenty of other things to play with instead.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Asimo posted:

It reminds me a lot of the Duty Officers or Admiralty stuff in STO and that was like the only good part of the grind in that game. :toot:

One of the missions you could send your Officers on was arrange a production of Macbeth in the Holodeck and it had a chance of adding a rogue hologram William Shakesphere or other Macbeth characters as joinable officers

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.
I'm pretty excited for squadrons. I'll laugh pretty hard if there's a certain item you can only get by sending out the biggest train wreck of a team possible who all hate each other.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
So how long does it take to do a server transfer? Hour? Day?

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

I remember in 1.0 you had a created character partner similar creation wise to a retainer and that charecter didn't make the comeback to 2.0. Could this callback to that?

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I really like that Creator gear. It looks a lot like the 120 stuff though.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

I am fine with the EXDR gear being recolors and not caring how the Alex gear looks because both are a total pain in the rear end to collect :v: (also 90% of my inventory is nothing but "potential glamor material" and I don't want to sort it out to make room for more)

Still hyped for 3.4 though!

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

sword_man.gif posted:

i'm just ready for prepatch doldrums to end tbh

:same:

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Is their higher quality vender food because I have been buying Pearl Choclate from the horizen merchant since early game and wonder if something is better to buy on the cheap

Griz
May 21, 2001

Ishgard and Gold Saucer have some higher level crafter/gatherer foods.

for everything else, just buy orange juice or whatever else is super cheap to get the exp bonus. you don't need actual good food unless you're raiding.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Chinese dress is finally coming to outside of china, bad news it costs like 20 bucks which is gently caress

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
So can I use Squadrons to form my own catboi harem army or not?

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Rhymenoserous posted:

So how long does it take to do a server transfer? Hour? Day?

Mine took approximately 4 minutes.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Tae posted:

Chinese dress is finally coming to outside of china, bad news it costs like 20 bucks which is gently caress

What about the mount

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

quote:

Q. Are you adding something different for __men?
A. No. If we try to maintain that equity as a policy, we'll have to make most equipment unisex, and on top of that it'll require more development time and we'll have to cut the amount of total gear we can implement. At the moment we are working to get rid of the gender lock for bunny suits for men.

Q. So men and women are going to be able to equip it?
A.Yes. The NA community had an especially high demand so we thought we should do it. Our female staff is putting hard work into creating it.

An especially high demand, you say

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

quote:

A. If we try to maintain that equity as a policy, we'll have to make most equipment unisex,

God forbid you let a lady use the Butler Pants.

Just let everyone wear everything. There's no reason I can't dress up as a pretty twink princess in a mainline Final Fantasy game.

Also bring in the Hawaiian shirts from FF9 so I can go full tourist for Ala Mihgo

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Tae posted:

Welp, the male version looks better anyways :v:

FortMan
Jan 10, 2012

Viva Romanesco!

Heck, let Lalafell wears everything. It's not like you need to do different model for different gender, anyway.

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

Unlock all the hairstyles for them too and stop pretending potatoes have a gender.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Anyone want to do an unsynced Coil run this weekend in prep for 3.4?

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Mordiceius posted:

I'd be game for that on Sunday, T9 is a heckuva roadblock.

Dr Snofeld
Apr 30, 2009

Hunter Noventa posted:

I'd be game for that on Sunday, T9 is a heckuva roadblock.

I cleared T9 on Tuesday. The golems and meteors seem to be the real sticking point since they're still able to wipe you unsynced. Once we got past that phase, unsynced DPS is high enough that her HP melted away before the fire and ice/divebombs could mess us up too badly.

The good news is that T12 and T13 seem to be a fair bit easier if you've got a few experienced hands to help.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!
I could definitely attempt to be around this weekend if folks want to get their clears. Coil is good fun, synced or otherwise.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

God forbid you let a lady use the Butler Pants.

Just let everyone wear everything. There's no reason I can't dress up as a pretty twink princess in a mainline Final Fantasy game.

Also bring in the Hawaiian shirts from FF9 so I can go full tourist for Ala Mihgo

All I want is a catboy retainer in a maid outfit, and a hulking Femroe one in the butler suit.

Machado de Assis
Dec 12, 2005

Mordiceius posted:

It's the only pre-HW content I haven't done, so I would definitely be interested, is there a linkshell or something we can use to coordinate?

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
If you guys run sunday I can heal DPS constantly with my white mage cause there will be no need for heals if we're going unsynched

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
Saturday's the last day of my vacation and the wife is at work, so yeah, I'll run Coil. My WHM is only level 52 at the moment, but like ilvl 102 or something.

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

God damn it, where are my ant keys?! I'm gonna miss my flight!

Machado de Assis posted:

It's the only pre-HW content I haven't done, so I would definitely be interested, is there a linkshell or something we can use to coordinate?

I would also love to wrap up Coil. I've only been through the first coil, I still have two and three to do.

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared

Bleu posted:

SL the Pyro posted:

I don't usually use Berserk for the initial pull. My initial pull combo is Unchained > Tomahawk > Tomahawk > Butcher's Block Combo > Butcher's Block Combo. That way I can go straight into a Berserk Triple Cleave without worrying about losing aggro.
I'm pretty sure Overpower has a higher threat coefficient even single-target and should be used in any situation where the difference between 8 and 15 yards doesn't matter (i.e. everything).

You're not wrong, Overpower provides more enmity than Tomahawk, but the range actually can matter if I have to pull the boss to a certain position, like the middle of the arena when he starts at the edge. (Though Tomahawk > Overpower > BB > BB could work.)

Unless you're saying Overpower spam beats out the Butcher's Block combo, in which case you're very wrong. The combo multipliers beat out three Overpowers by over 500 potency, and more importantly Overpower doesn't give me Wrath stacks.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i joined post-coil being relevant so if you need a tank I'll give it a go

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
At this point, I'm tempted to being the only one that didn't do Coil so I can compare what's the non-coil dialogue.

• Locked thread