Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Mister Sinewave posted:

Holy poo poo, that's disappointing. I remember thinking early on that they seemed to have put some end-to-end planning and thought into this, but goddam.
lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Beast of Bourbon posted:

my wife was one of the first people to order a glowforge laser cutter thing and right now they're aiming for late 2017 for shipping the first pre-pro units lol

what is prepro, because I'm still getting mine in december (I ordered before that date in late october; all the others past that are in 2017 yeah). Basically everything got shoved 6 months out (beta units were originally going to peter out after december last year and mine was supposed to come by june)

edit: still on time for the late 2016 release as of 2 days ago http://community.glowforge.com/t/glowforge-update-betas-maker-faire-production/2823

edit: we had this discussion in full like 2 days ago did yall get fuckin amnesia

moron izzard fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Sep 15, 2016

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
I just latched onto it being bad because I'm having one of those weeks where literally everything has problems and nothing works the way it should.

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer

Sagebrush posted:

Nah, it wouldn't take up anywhere near that much space. Think logically: garnet is a mineral, so it weighs more than water. One metric ton of water occupies 1 cubic meter -- a little bigger than a dishwasher. I'm guessing 1000kg of garnet would be about the size of a 55-gallon drum.

I'll have to empty my barrel of lube so we can store it.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Migishu posted:

I'll have to empty my barrel of lube so we can store it.

just do a 50-50 mix, get some extra feeling in your sexings

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Use them, lose them, salvage more
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector

NoneMoreNegative posted:

just do a 50-50 mix, get some extra feeling in your sexings

the wazer is compatible with water-based lubricant

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
remember that poll some goons wanted to commission? you'll never guess what happened

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

I'm gonna guess it fizzled because somebody actually went and polled MS and it wasn't good

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

hey so i saw the wazer in person today at an autodesk event. perks of being in the hyped up tech bubble idiot capital of the world.

tl;dr they are three engineering grad students waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay over their head who couldn't answer many of the most basic questions the professional machinists were asking them.

"what safety cut-off features do you have?"
"uh, well, we're looking into that"
"is this lid made of polycarbonate? how long will it stay clear with the abrasive grit flying?"
"we haven't experienced that problem"

etc.

i wouldn't buy version 1.0 but i will be interested to see what they have for version 2, when they add back in 10 features that the professional waterjet guys invented 20 years ago.

anyway they are currently at 800,000 dollars with four days in and 56 days to go.

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug

A Yolo Wizard posted:

what is prepro, because I'm still getting mine in december (I ordered before that date in late october; all the others past that are in 2017 yeah). Basically everything got shoved 6 months out (beta units were originally going to peter out after december last year and mine was supposed to come by june)

edit: still on time for the late 2016 release as of 2 days ago http://community.glowforge.com/t/glowforge-update-betas-maker-faire-production/2823

edit: we had this discussion in full like 2 days ago did yall get fuckin amnesia

you uh, might want to follow up on that release date there buddy.

They're targeting first one to roll out March 2017 and then the rest to roll out 6-9 months later at the earliest, per their CEO

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO BELIEVE

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Mister Sinewave posted:

I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO BELIEVE

is it a hardware kickstarter?

take their shipping estimate and add three years

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

don't invest in a complex hardware kickstarter. if it's wildly popular, you'll be able to buy a cheaper version of it from a competent vendor before they ship their first unit. all of these prey on the "you don't want to be left behind!!" fomo, where in reality, the free market will provide

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/962910895/barmes-freebase-mobile-office-carry-on-case

matt abrams in the comments section is my hero

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

Grimey Drawer
You'll have to specify because their last public update was 2 years ago.

Also LOL 3 years to ship something out to someone crowd sourcing is terrible

evilcat
May 16, 2009

Migishu posted:

You'll have to specify because their last public update was 2 years ago.

Also LOL 3 years to ship something out to someone crowd sourcing is terrible

There were some earbuds in 2011 that did pretty well in funding (several rounds of funding even), and they have still to ship the entire final promised product. They did after about 2-3 years ship a halfway there appeasement product though.

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Beast of Bourbon posted:

you uh, might want to follow up on that release date there buddy.

They're targeting first one to roll out March 2017 and then the rest to roll out 6-9 months later at the earliest, per their CEO

dude

quote:

Crowdfunding Campaign: We're scheduled to ship all orders placed before Oct 25 by the end of December.

originally it was going to be first half of 2016 for those before october 25, and late 2016 for those who crowdfunded after oct 25. Everything else in 2017. If your wife was one of the first to back it, then she should presumably be getting it in december

so again, 6 months. I already posted about this back in april ( http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3486712&pagenumber=593&perpage=40#post458902758 ), and earlier this week

moron izzard fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Sep 16, 2016

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.

theflyingexecutive posted:

don't invest in a complex hardware kickstarter. just buy it on taobao today instead

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer
brandon bird did a kickstarter and I think I finally have a worthy cause to back

The Jerry Orbach Memorial Art Car

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

ahmeni posted:

brandon bird did a kickstarter and I think I finally have a worthy cause to back

The Jerry Orbach Memorial Art Car

Many years ago, I found myself in a rut--I was about to be unemployed, and the most exciting thing in my life were "Law & Order" marathons on TNT. But in Jerry Orbach's character of Detective Lennie Briscoe, I found a spark. Here was a man made weary by the world, who nonetheless persevered. His acerbic wit and hangdog attitude couldn't mask a natural warmth and kindness. I got off the couch, and put together an art show. I made a "Law & Order" coloring book, which was the first thing I ever did that became a viral hit, and that has snowballed into an entire career making ridiculous pop art. I owe a lot of good things in my life to Jerry Orbach.

His own life was also filled with kindness. He wrote a love note to his wife every day before heading to the set of "Law & Order," and he famously donated his corneas after passing away. If that's not the type of person we should be remembering through art, then who is?

:allears:

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

unironically precisely the dumbass sort of poo poo kickstarter needs to exists to enable

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

unironically precisely the dumbass sort of poo poo kickstarter needs to exists to enable

agreed

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums

prefect posted:

I got off the couch, and put together an art show. I made a "Law & Order" coloring book, which was the first thing I ever did that became a viral hit, and that has snowballed into an entire career making ridiculous pop art.

This made my morning.

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

largest i could find

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

I hope he can license orbach's likeness, hate to see a sweet Crown Vic taken off the streets :ohdear:

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...
we went to his art show when he came to town, chatted about sacramento and he did a little sketch

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

doctorfrog posted:

I hope he can license orbach's likeness, hate to see a sweet Crown Vic taken off the streets :ohdear:

its art you loving idiot. its not like hes selling the thing en masse. fucker

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

lmao

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I'm the... uhh...

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

*sob*

Su-Su-Sudoko
Oct 25, 2007

what stands in the way becomes the way

NO SKILLS REQUIRED
NO SKILLS NEEDED

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
oh dear

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Lord Zedd, Rita's superior, arrives at Rita's Moon Palace, where he takes her place and throws her into a space dumpster again.

qntm
Jun 17, 2009

OK, I must be out of it, what's wrong with this

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

qntm posted:

it looks like the front door of the house is on the far side of the garage, which seems like poor placement

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

qntm posted:

i assume people are laughing and the perspective/isometric labels being reversed

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Yeah not much to critique besides a poorly written and checked kickstarter.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

i assume people are laughing and the perspective/isometric labels being reversed
yep

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

theflyingexecutive posted:

Lord Zedd, Rita's superior, arrives at Rita's Moon Palace, where he takes her place and throws her into a space dumpster again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

prefect posted:

it looks like the front door of the house is on the far side of the garage, which seems like poor placement

groverhaus simulator 2017

• Locked thread