Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

DrPossum posted:

jesus christ marie

timely
https://twitter.com/electrolemon/status/778835003685818368

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

epipen posted:

not really a company, the intention is for ppl to make their own i think?
there's some decent criticisms of it, like, it's clearly a hacked together solution, there's no guarantee to first responders/first aid/etc who find one on someone in anaphylaxis that it's actually got epinephrine in it, the point of the epi-pen itself being that it's all certified together as a device and there's someone to blame if it goes wrong
the issue obviously being that one mob has a monopoly and is charging a fortune for a really, really cheap device and medication just cos they can

oh I was mostly just pointing out the coincidence about the name for me

anyway yeah the last round of price hikes by mylan has inadvertendly for them sparked a big issue and so mylan are making their own generic and im sure competition will arrive

epipens are cool though. when we get an expired one you use it on a cardboard box to see what it does. its bad rear end

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acM7PElWI_4

i recommend not listening to the boring commentary and instead watching with the classic e1m1 http://youtubedoubler.com/jnK4

epipen
Aug 11, 2014

nyoom

echinopsis posted:

oh I was mostly just pointing out the coincidence about the name for me

anyway yeah the last round of price hikes by mylan has inadvertendly for them sparked a big issue and so mylan are making their own generic and im sure competition will arrive

epipens are cool though. when we get an expired one you use it on a cardboard box to see what it does. its bad rear end

yeah ngl they're cool as heck

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

official yospos cat censor
Best korea only has 28 domans

https://github.com/mandatoryprogrammer/NorthKoreaDNSLeak

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
how do i get a friend.com.kp account? i think this could be the next big thing and i want to reserve my username before it gets popular

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

bump_fn posted:

lol if u don't spend all of your income that isn't rent on going to shows

Robot Pride
Aug 2, 2010

by exmarx

seeing the cartoons i grew up with compared to what kids watch now makes me feel glad i was born when i was

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

probs because you only remember the good ones, nobody's making gifs of the lovely garbage

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

this was in phiz but i think it goes better here.

maxe
Sep 23, 2004

BLURRED SWEET STREETLIGHTS SPEEDING PAST, FAST
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2Tj0DDg4pM

:3:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

ArmZ posted:

this was in phiz but i think it goes better here.

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT
Jun 30, 2008

never heard of it before but it actually looked like a pretty dope car

certainly prettier than the classic mini

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
what was that ridiculous japanese car that came with a free motorbike

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

Robot Pride posted:

seeing the cartoons i grew up with compared to what kids watch now makes me feel glad i was born when i was

this is what all old people say :ssh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dI8RPO87vSc

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
yospos classic

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

yeah but when the current generation of kids grows up i doubt they're going to see the stark realities of dora the explorer

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

epipen
Aug 11, 2014

nyoom

Riptor posted:

what was that ridiculous japanese car that came with a free motorbike

you're thinking of the honda motocompo, which was designed to slot into the trunk of the honda today (kei) and honda city (supercompact but not kei) cars, but was an optional extra
i actually saw one a couple days ago at an importer, they're super cool little bikes :>
they also had a tonne of import sports bikes and cruisers, some classic boso style bikes, a couple monkey and mini bikes, etc
place mostly sells nissan silvia/180sx and mitsubishi lancer stuff.

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT posted:

never heard of it before but it actually looked like a pretty dope car

certainly prettier than the classic mini

nissan did a whole series of retro-styled cars like this in the 80s and 90s

the Figaro (which you might recognise from a heap of movies???), super cute and a really popular import, but kinda rare

the Pao, which i guess is a cross between a mini moke, mini cooper and citroen 2cv?

the S-Cargo, which is a lovely french pun, based on the citroen 2cv.

e: fixed pics

epipen fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Sep 22, 2016

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

they named the s-cargo before they designed it, yeah?

epipen
Aug 11, 2014

nyoom

theflyingexecutive posted:

they named the s-cargo before they designed it, yeah?

i mean, they had to have had it in mind, with those buggy little headlamps lol
+ people always made snail jokes about the 2cv (deservedly, considering turning the headlights off can sometimes be necessary to get up a hill)

Robot Pride
Aug 2, 2010

by exmarx

the old cartoons are objectively better because they have a timelessness and appeal to every generation when watching them. they have a huge amount of adult content and don't treat you like a three year old with down syndrome. they are still very watchable as an adult and i can only imagine what the kids will think of their cartoons when they grow up and see them again.

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy

Robot Pride posted:

the old cartoons are objectively better because they have a timelessness and appeal to every generation when watching them. they have a huge amount of adult content and don't treat you like a three year old with down syndrome. they are still very watchable as an adult and i can only imagine what the kids will think of their cartoons when they grow up and see them again.

also old cartoons were played in movie theaters and are closer to pixar shorts in production value, the stuff on tv now is cheap filler

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

whoozagooddog?!

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

ok, htf does that work? Is it reading that tape like an old paper punch tape? how is that tape laid down perfectly in the center? is it just like a modern version of the old slot car?

Robot Pride
Aug 2, 2010

by exmarx

Perplx posted:

also old cartoons were played in movie theaters and are closer to pixar shorts in production value, the stuff on tv now is cheap filler

remember poo poo like this?:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKZgi06fVsk

classy as gently caress and funny. a great blend of stupid humor and the arts

e: also this poo poo:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jDcWAWRRHo

Robot Pride fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Sep 22, 2016

Graff
May 10, 2012

prefect posted:

whoozagooddog?!

I think you mean "Wer ist ein guter Hund?!"

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

loving German sounds like the opening of hostilities when you're trying to pet a pupper

Graff
May 10, 2012

NoneMoreNegative posted:

loving German sounds like the opening of hostilities when you're trying to pet a pupper

is the pupper a product of "swastika laboratories" or just wrong place wrong time

Graff
May 10, 2012

It might be artificial, like in "do nazis dream of electric puppers"

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

Robot Pride posted:

timelessness is overrated, though they make for good gifs

Mo_Steel fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Sep 22, 2016

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Robot Pride posted:

that racism, so timeless

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcQNL1YdY0Q

the two cartoons came out less than six months apart. the studios accused each other of plagiarism but nothing was ever proven.

they're both kind of unusual for the characters since Tom & Jerry usually just has them running around the house while Bugs Bunny usually annoys other characters like Elmer but here is the one being annoyed.

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

ok, htf does that work? Is it reading that tape like an old paper punch tape? how is that tape laid down perfectly in the center? is it just like a modern version of the old slot car?

the little yellow car is being pulled by another car in front of it which has the camera mounted on it

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

theflyingexecutive posted:

that racism, so timeless

so so so many racisms in old cartoons

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Improbable Lobster posted:

coyotes were categorically depicted as incompetent and buffoonish

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

epipen
Aug 11, 2014

nyoom

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

it's just a little plastic strap on the bumper of the car in front, with the camera on it
they're demoing a kit to make a be-1 'Mini 4WD' car, which is like... a miniature model of a car with rollers on the front and back, powered by a single AA battery
there's kind of a racing series for them, people modify them really heavily and replace bits with carbon fibre, remove material from the gears and stuff, trying to make everything lighter and faster, and even doing aero stuff so it doesnt' fly off the track
there's not really any remote control, there's just a switch for the motor to start running, they kinda just bounce off the walls of the track to steer
i don't really understand the appeal, for the amount of money people probably spend you could probably actually do something interesting, like run in the 24 hours of lemons

now this
this i get

Improbable Lobster posted:

agreed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUDM4BJDS3Q this is extremely good tho (Who Killed Who?, it's like a bunch of shitposts strung together into a cartoon)

old cartoons can be good, and so can new ones
there were a whole lot of reaaaally poo poo old cartoons but no-one cared to preserve them, so when we look at old stuff we only see the good

• Locked thread