Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Stairmaster posted:

that was a good looking fight in what was the worst animated arc in the series so not sure.

vegeta wasn't the one who was being cool in that fight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Rodyle posted:

Xenoverse 2 better take away that "you can only be SSJ1 and 2" poo poo. I want 3, God, and Blue in there (and I guess 4).

And bring back playable Great Apes!

We know SSJ3 is in the game.

And every species gets a unique transformation of one kind or another. (Not actually transformations in some case, but gameplay wise it's a new form and all that.)

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Rodyle posted:

Xenoverse 2 better take away that "you can only be SSJ1 and 2" poo poo. I want 3, God, and Blue in there (and I guess 4).

And bring back playable Great Apes!

every race has an "ultimate transformation" that radically changes how they play and saiyans get super saiyan 3

also namekians get giant form so they'll probably make oozaru playable too

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Augus posted:

vegeta wasn't the one who was being cool in that fight

he had a cool standoff at the star

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Blockhouse posted:

also namekians get giant form

OH MAN OH BOY

what's the Freeza race transformation, Final? Cooler? Golden?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Golden, according to this one article I found.

Flippinlikebirds
Feb 2, 2007
I'm an ideas man Michael. I think I proved that with Fuck Mountain.
Why do Brolly and Bardock get all the cool video game fan fiction stuff? I want super saiyan Raditz, drat it

Flippinlikebirds fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Sep 22, 2016

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Rodyle posted:

OH MAN OH BOY

what's the Freeza race transformation, Final? Cooler? Golden?

Golden, yeah

Majins get Kid Buu, Humans get Flying Nimbus and Power Pole

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

It's never Cooler

it'll never be Cooler

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Rodyle posted:

It's never Cooler

it'll never be Cooler

They just added Oozaru Broly tho?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

the fact that it is power pole and nimbus instead of infinite energy drive is a personal insult to me, as a human.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Rodyle posted:

It's never Cooler

it'll never be Cooler

well to be fair you can already make your guy look like cooler's final form

Dias posted:

They just added Oozaru Broly tho?

that's fusions, dog

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Blockhouse posted:

well to be fair you can already make your guy look like cooler's final form

It's not the same. It's not the same!

although I'll just play a Saiyan in the end so really what does it matter

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Blockhouse posted:

that's fusions, dog

Now I'm disappointed.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I really like that one of the preorder premiums is that you get to use Tao's log instead of a little hover scooter. You can get Freeza's chair too, right?

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Wheat Loaf posted:

Even there, I feel like that saga is where "Superhero Goku" begins after he survives drinking the Ultra Divine Water.

I dunno, even after that it was straight up Goku wanting vengeance for Krillen and Roshi. I mean, he saves the world, but the Red Ribbon army was a global threat too.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

projecthalaxy posted:

I really like that one of the preorder premiums is that you get to use Tao's log instead of a little hover scooter. You can get Freeza's chair too, right?

man that is some sinister preorder incentive right there

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I liked the golden and crystal Saiyan armors from last game too.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

projecthalaxy posted:

Does Friezas chair hover on its own, or does he just float it around with telekinesis?

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

(I'm watching the end of the U6 tournament)

kaioken+ ssj, AND the OP starts playing over a fight climax, when did this suddenly decide to kick rear end?

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

projecthalaxy posted:

there's a "vehicle" slot alongside all the cosmetic slots from XV1 so yeah i'm sure anything you can think of that flies around will be usable

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

okay, was not expecting the introduction of a For Real Supreme Deity

e: I did however, expect what Beerus ended up wishing for :3:

Rody One Half fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Sep 22, 2016

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Blockhouse posted:

look at least all the broly stuff in this game is optional side quests instead of xenoverse literally making broly the end of the game

Broly being the optional superboss in that Saiyan saga centric RPG will always crack me up.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Rodyle posted:

okay, was not expecting the introduction of a For Real Supreme Deity

e: I did however, expect what Beerus ended up wishing for :3:

For real for now.
Toriyama just can't commit to having an ultimate God

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Last Celebration posted:

I dunno, even after that it was straight up Goku wanting vengeance for Krillen and Roshi. I mean, he saves the world, but the Red Ribbon army was a global threat too.

I was thinking of the scene where he and Yajirobe get back to Korin's tower and he's all, "I feel connected to the whole Earth," or something to that effect.

That's the first time power levels are mentioned, I think, when Goku says he's now able to sense Piccolo.

I'm probably just reading too much into it. v:v:v

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Josuke Higashikata posted:

For real for now.
Toriyama just can't commit to having an ultimate God

the Omni-King is his best one yet so i am glad he can't

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

a cartoon duck posted:

the Omni-King is his best one yet so i am glad he can't

Just wait till his dad comes home.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

New Leaf posted:

Sometimes I feel like I'm the only person in the world who doesn't "get" One Piece. My wife and I have taken to watching One Punch Man and Hunter x Hunter on Toonami late on Saturday nights and we can't stand anything we've seen in One Piece. The last episode was the long nosed guy voiced by Krillin's voice actor using a slingshot to fight some flying clown chick with a stupid laugh (a-hur hur hur or something like that) while Luffy was fighting a bowling pin shaped vampire. Dumbest poo poo I've ever seen..

I feel the same way, only swap One Piece with Hunter X Hunter.

Christ that show is a slog to get through. I keep waiting for it to get good but I'm 20+ episodes in and nothing loving happens. Please, please tell me it's about to get better, I don't know if I can make it to episode 30 at this rate :gonk:

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Parrotine posted:

I feel the same way, only swap One Piece with Hunter X Hunter.

Christ that show is a slog to get through. I keep waiting for it to get good but I'm 20+ episodes in and nothing loving happens. Please, please tell me it's about to get better, I don't know if I can make it to episode 30 at this rate :gonk:

Hunter Exam is by far the weakest arc in HxH. You're about done with it or just past it. Punchman stuff is about to hit you like a semi.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

I hope so, I was about ready to claw my drat eyes out. Also I cannot stand the design for that blonde kid with the not-sharingan, it's about as weeaboo as you can get. The rest of the cast is ok but gently caress that dude, ugh.

I'm at the part where they pushed open some heavy-rear end door so they can go save RukiaAssassin kid? Not the most original plot arc but I've seen worse. Just hurry up and get to the fisticuffs show, somebody light their leg on fire and kick a dude in the face or something.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

sassassin posted:

Just wait till his dad comes home.

12 universes are just little Xenos realm. There is actually an infinite number, each with their own omni-god.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I've only read the manga of HxH* so I can't speak of the anime's adaptations of the Hunter Exam (either the 90s or 10's one) but it definitely picks up a hell of a lot after that. I'd say shortly after that you get into something not especially far removed from the Uranai Baba arc but it's a lot better. In the manga, I wouldn't say it slows down at all in quality for like 200 straight chapters until the start of a long arc, which also gets extremely good after a short while.

*Even though I've not watched any full episodes, there's a specific fight shortly after the exam that everyone always says is super great in the 2010's version of HxH and it's true, it owns.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Parrotine posted:

I hope so, I was about ready to claw my drat eyes out. Also I cannot stand the design for that blonde kid with the not-sharingan, it's about as weeaboo as you can get. The rest of the cast is ok but gently caress that dude, ugh.

I'm at the part where they pushed open some heavy-rear end door so they can go save RukiaAssassin kid? Not the most original plot arc but I've seen worse. Just hurry up and get to the fisticuffs show, somebody light their leg on fire and kick a dude in the face or something.

Once the fightmans stuff starts, you won't see him for a while. Then a bit more and he's gone for drat near the whole anime run.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Rudoku posted:

Once the fightmans stuff starts, you won't see him for a while. Then a bit more and he's gone for drat near the whole anime run.

He does give us a very good set of antagonists. But yeah, dude fades out of the series for a while, pops up again for his arc (which is good) and then fucks off forever almost.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Kurapika is cool and doesn't really have anything weaboo about him, so I'm sorry to hear that.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Justin_Brett posted:

Kurapika is cool and doesn't really have anything weaboo about him, so I'm sorry to hear that.

Weaboo is a fan insult not a character one so it doesn't make much sense.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Justin_Brett posted:

'Weeaboo' as in 'so-textbook-anime-looking-it-hurts'. He is the most generically designed character i've seen in a manga period, and I am counting down the episodes until he fucks off for good.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Could Freeza or Buu have been trapped by the Evil Containment Wave?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
As much as I love bad guys like Frieza and Hisoka from HxH and characters like that, why are there so many effeminate anime villains? My wife has only recently started really watching anime recently and she asked me about it, because they just had the really effeminate Sea King on One Punch Man, and that Gundam: Iron Blooded Orphans just had a strangely dressed effeminate/clown looking bad guy in a mech.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

New Leaf posted:

As much as I love bad guys like Frieza and Hisoka from HxH and characters like that, why are there so many effeminate anime villains? My wife has only recently started really watching anime recently and she asked me about it, because they just had the really effeminate Sea King on One Punch Man, and that Gundam: Iron Blooded Orphans just had a strangely dressed effeminate/clown looking bad guy in a mech.

It is because of a few factors:

A) Making a villain looks non-traditionally threatening is a way of subverting expectations. Rather than getting stronger or more intimidating they become 'smaller' which subverts expectations.
B) Making a villain look beautiful and graceful tends to be an easy visual shorthand for nobility and refinement or attempts at being so.
C) Making a villain a hot dude appeals to the ladies and the guys who like hot dudes.

• Locked thread