Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Nail Rat posted:

London, Toronto, and Mexico City seem like places the NFL will try to put a franchise at some point, but not just yet.
Toronto is the obvious, logical best choice of these three, which means it's the least likely to happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

kiimo posted:

They can serve their food in the concessions though. Can't wait to see what insane poo poo they put up trying to compete with Green Bay.

How do you put chicken tikka masala on a stick?

At least China is well prepared for that:

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Screw Toronto, put a football team in Vancouver.

So I can visit.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I would eat the everloving poo poo out of a shepherd's pie at a football game when it's cold as hell.

Suddenly pro-London franchise.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Beer selections would be aces as well. Plus excellent stadium fights with hooligans who barely understand the game versus rednecks who put a second mortgage on their house to follow the Cowboys for Merica.

edit: England vs. New England in the Ungrateful Colony Bowl

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
why do Shepherds Pie when you can get a $118 pizza at Cowboys stadium?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Spoeank posted:

I would eat the everloving poo poo out of a shepherd's pie at a football game when it's cold as hell.

:hfive: You're alright.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Nail Rat posted:

If London ever gets a team the games should all be required to be night games on Saturday or Sunday (so they're actually in the afternoon). I have to start watching football at 8:30 AM when the Colts play the Jags and that's the night after I'll be at a wedding. Hair of the dog I guess.

That's every saturday morning if you're on the best coast :cool:

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Spoeank posted:

The traditional soccer field food is a pie like this. Steak and gravy. loving amazing when it's cold outside because it doubles as a handwarmer while you're eating it.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

The traditional soccer field food is a pie like this. Steak and gravy. loving amazing when it's cold outside because it doubles as a handwarmer while you're eating it.

That's a good start. Double the size and quadruple whatever the price is and we might be talking NFL food.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

kiimo posted:

London can have a team but they still have to sing the Star Spangled Banner and have Stealth Fighters fly over their stadium.

They can serve their food in the concessions though. Can't wait to see what insane poo poo they put up trying to compete with Green Bay.

How do you put chicken tikka masala on a stick?

Australia is pretty much britain: http://www.theverge.com/tldr/2016/9/20/12987278/hamdog-hamburger-hot-dog-hybrid

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Uhhh

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Brady posted:

But in all seriousness Tom Brady is the best QB there ever is or was.

The pats success without him point toward the cheating system being why they've been so good.

Brady is good, but not goat-like

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
tom brady

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

I agree

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Ron Jeremy posted:

The pats success without him point toward the cheating system being why they've been so good.

Brady is good, but not goat-like

The 49ers had success without bill Walsh and Joe Montana. Guess they aren't amazing either

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Ross Angeles posted:

The 49ers had success without bill Walsh and Joe Montana. Guess they aren't amazing either

Joe Montana was definitely a system qb. Steve Young wasn't.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Volkerball posted:

Joe Montana was definitely a system qb. Steve Young wasn't.

Joe Montana won a playoff game with the Chiefs

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

To be fair the Chiefs ran the same system.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Don't ruin my narrative!

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
Steve Deberg
Joe Montana
Steve Bono
Elvis Grbac
Alex Smith

checks out

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Report: Group offers to buy Coliseum to keep Raiders in Oakland

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

That's Ronnie Lott's group that wants ownership of the team.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

I'm starting a rumor that Marshawn Lynch is part of this group, because that sounds like it would be really entertaining.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

tk posted:

I'm starting a rumor that Marshawn Lynch is part of this group, because that sounds like it would be really entertaining.

If Lynch owned the Raiders I would switch Fandoms faster than you can say, "Mel Mudkiper."

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

quote:

Major League Baseball's Oakland Athletics have been looking at potentially building their own stadium on the waterfront in downtown Oakland near Jack London Square, so it is not known whether they would be involved in this project.

Yeah because I'm sure the Raiders would be interested in passing over a $1.9 billion stadium in Vegas to have an infield on their field again.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Nail Rat posted:

Yeah because I'm sure the Raiders would be interested in passing over a $1.9 billion stadium in Vegas to have an infield on their field again.

Or literal sewage if that group bought the Coliseum

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Nail Rat posted:

For real.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

The Lott bid is significant in that the group is majority black and would make he raiders iirc the only black owned team in the league, and I think the only other team in pro sports outside of the Hornets owned by Michael Jordan.

But that's the key. They want control over the team and Mark ain't gunna sell. It's going to take the league to force him out.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

London are never getting a team. Ever.

The NFL love to talk about it as if there's a significant population here who even give a poo poo about the NFL. There isn't. Even small-market teams like the Bills or Jags' support would take a nosedive figures-wise here.

Didn't we just have years of people saying LA and Vegas were never getting a team

Hell, we even had years of "a game in London is the most expansion the league will get" and now we're about to have a game in Mexico

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Nail Rat posted:

If the A's build themselves a stadium it will be designed for baseball only and probably won't be able to accommodate football at all.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Chris James 2 posted:

Didn't we just have years of people saying LA and Vegas were never getting a team

Hell, we even had years of "a game in London is the most expansion the league will get" and now we're about to have a game in Mexico

The major difference is LA and Vegas are still in a country where the majority of inhabitants could at least summarize the rules of football, and aren't on a literally different continent.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

Im not really sure what you are trying to imply with that second sentence but the first NFL game played outside of the US was in mexico

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Chris James 2 posted:

London's not getting a team because of timezones.

Mexico City will get a permanent team before London, for that reason. And it will probably be the Jags.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

nothing will ever change, because i think change is bad and scary!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Also if I can't imagine something changing in the next five to ten years, that's the same thing as it never changing in all of the yawning billions upon billions of years in the future, marching endlessly into eternity. Or even like, thirty years from now!

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

computer parts posted:

Mexico City will get a permanent team before London, for that reason. And it will probably be the Jags.

Thematically, the Jags would be the best choice for a Mexico team.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

hifi posted:

Im not really sure what you are trying to imply with that second sentence but the first NFL game played outside of the US was in mexico

The first NFL game played outside the US was in canada and the second was japan. If you ever start Trying To Imply some bunk like that again im calling the police

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

Ross Angeles posted:

Joe Montana won a playoff game with the Chiefs

Wow. Just as good as Alex Smith. Real impressive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

FeedingHam2Cats posted:

Wow. Just as good as Alex Smith. Real impressive.

That's supergenius Alex Smith, to be fair.

quote:

IIRC the league's plan is to have like 5 games in London a year starting in a few years. At that point having a team there isn't that much different. I mean there's already 3 games there. The biggest problem I see with having a team based there, outside of problems that exist with the current setup, is that they'd never be able to have a home game in US prime time.

Nail Rat fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Sep 22, 2016

• Locked thread