Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

BrigadierSensible posted:

Don't most "2 for 1" specials have caveats? Such as 1 per customer, for equal or lesser value, must be the same thing, tell your server at time or purchase etc. So you can't use your discount to go towards a different bill.

Also, lets assume that it's true. Dude overhears an argument, (which apparently started over a creep ogling the couples daughters who are not mentioned again), between a married couple and feels bad because they are arguing and the guy is an angry abusive jerk. He then proceeds to get the guy angrier at the wife, (who would have done nothing wrong and knew nothing about it), and chuckles about how he will probably get so worked up that hewill beat her.

Almost except it was the guy from the couple, looking at other girls. Which totally justifies... Meddling in their affairs by... Helping her to get the divorce OP knows she needs??

???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Belpit
Nov 11, 2008

Dude overhears an argument, (which apparently started over a creep ogling the couples daughters who are not mentioned again)...

...huh? Did we read the same STDH?

edit: ohhhhh I just realized how you misinterpreted it, but holy poo poo that's a sideways reading of the sentences.

Mr. Belpit has a new favorite as of 09:21 on Sep 22, 2016

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

(which apparently started over a creep ogling the couples daughters who are not mentioned again)

It started over the husband ogling other girls. There are no daughters.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
Minivan

quote:

This troper was once walking around his neighborhood with a friend of his carrying bottles of Fitz's (a soda company from St. Louis) Root Beer. We happened to take off the labels, and we were stopped by my friend's uncle who jokingly asked where we got the beer, an annoying housewife speaking on the phone in her minivan, and some teenagers asking us where we had gotten the beer.

Mocktails

quote:

This troper's college had an 'Alcohol Awareness Week', and in the cafeteria they were serving free "Mocktails", mixed drinks that were basically orange soda and Sprite with splashes of fruity syrup and a lime wedge. This troper got into a debate with the people serving them over the logic of demoting one drug (alcohol) while promoting another, more addictive drug (caffeine). The argument ended like this:
Teacher: Well, you don't endanger the lives of others every time you drink a Mountain Dew.
This Troper: Maybe YOU don't.
Wait, which one of thosse items has caffiene?
The Mountain Dew, of course.

IM

quote:

This troper has in past resorted to teaching females nerdy pursuits, introducing them to his tastes in (extremely loud heavy metal) music, and so forth. A Crowning Moment Of Awesome of this was teaching binary to a chatroom full of girls using a seldom-used function of an IM program and it actually sticking

Calculus

quote:

This troper was very, very intrigued when he saw one of his female friends walk into Calculus class in full Star Trek uniform. Four years later, we're engaged...and we still both love Trek.

Makeout

quote:

At a Slumber Party after watching Knights Of Ramune. With this troper's Hot Amazon Bokukko Meganekko Genki Girl sempai. Which eventually evolved into a three-way makeout session when this troper's Hot Blooded redheaded rival got in on the action. And to think, she might never have met either of them if her sempai hadn't found out she liked Sailor Moon and Star Trek and her rival hadn't been a Harry Potter fangirl...

Books

quote:

This troper was in college when a young lady stopped by to drop off something to his roommate. She looked at my bookshelf and said, "You've got a lot of cool books." We've been married for 17 years.

Fireworks

quote:

While joking with some front desk R As in college, this troper dropped an uncommon word in a sentence. The female RA was impressed. This troper said he liked words with particularly unique applications.
Female RA: Like what?
Troper: Kaleidoscopic.
Female RA: ...Use it in a sentence.
Troper: The effect of the fireworks in the night sky was kaleidoscopic.
Female RA: Wooo....I just orgasmed.
Troper: You're...welcome?

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

quote:

I just orgasmed.

Something no woman has ever said to a troper.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Tropers always have to be either stdh.txt or nothing_happened.txt. For a bunch of self proclaimed writers they are absolutely awful at coming up with an interest and believable story.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
I can believe the calculus one. A girl at my school came in wearing fake elf ears once and some nerd snatched her up toot sweet.

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer
The unusual word was kaleidoscopic? Really?

Does he go to community college or something? Is me asking that an insult to the intelligence of community college attendees across the world?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Furia posted:

The unusual word was kaleidoscopic? Really?

Does he go to community college or something? Is me asking that an insult to the intelligence of community college attendees across the world?

Did 90S KIDS even play with kaleidoscopes?

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Oh my God is that the English version of tout de suite :stonklol: What did French ever do to deserve such mangling.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

:psyduck:

The hell happened in those last 2 sentences? I'm so confused...

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Fathis Munk posted:

Oh my God is that the English version of tout de suite :stonklol: What did French ever do to deserve such mangling.

Actually the etymology is this picture which is sweet and has a toot.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

2nd Battalion

Zipperelli. posted:

:psyduck:

The hell happened in those last 2 sentences? I'm so confused...

They claim they were stopped by various busybodies because it looked like they were drinking beer.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Jerry Cotton posted:

Actually the etymology is this picture which is sweet and has a toot.

I prefer this version:

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

quote:

Hot Amazon Bokukko Meganekko Genki Girl sempai

what the actual gently caress

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

gschmidl posted:

Attractive people, especially sexually attractive people, are sometimes referred to as "hot".

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

Khazar-khum posted:

This troper has in past resorted to teaching females nerdy pursuits, introducing them to his tastes in (extremely loud heavy metal) music, and so forth. A Crowning Moment Of Awesome of this was teaching binary to a chatroom full of girls using a seldom-used function of an IM program and it actually sticking
I don't think I've ever wanted to strangle someone more than I want to strangle this guy.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

hyperhazard posted:

I don't think I've ever wanted to strangle someone more than I want to strangle this guy.

Hope you have very long fingers.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

gschmidl posted:

I had to Google those terms but apparently she's a tall, hot tomboy with glasses who's really cheerful and energetic.

cohsae
Jun 19, 2015

Fathis Munk posted:

Fun fact there's an analgesic used in hospital for babies called toot sweet.
It's pure sucrose which causes a natural opioid hit.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

cohsae posted:

Fun fact there's an analgesic used in hospital for babies called toot sweet.
It's pure sucrose which causes a natural opioid hit.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

I like the prof who knows there's a scientist who develop the theory of general relativity but not his name.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
The name might just have been on the tip of his tongue or something. That's one of the less unbelievable parts about this imo.

Oh god I only just noticed the "feeling nerdy" mood up there. Uuuuugh

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PX_HljAELcA

fun fact: the book Chitty Chitty Bang Bang was written by Ian Fleming of James Bond fame.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

BgRdMchne posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PX_HljAELcA

fun fact: the book Chitty Chitty Bang Bang was written by Ian Fleming of James Bond fame.

fun fact 2: the screenplay was written by Roald Dahl, who also adapted Fleming's You Only Live Twice for screen.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
Titans of screen and print, truly the world is less racist and misogynistic after their passing.

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

N. Senada posted:

Titans of screen and print, truly the world is less racist and misogynistic after their passing.

Still waiting on Roman Polanski.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Mr. Belpit posted:

...huh? Did we read the same STDH?

edit: ohhhhh I just realized how you misinterpreted it, but holy poo poo that's a sideways reading of the sentences.

Whoops. I think I read it as "a dude checking out their girls". My understanding is not good.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

N. Senada posted:

I'm sorry but a man who creates such strong female characters as Pussy Galore could never be a misogynist.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Baron Corbyn posted:

I'm sorry but a man who creates such strong female characters as Pussy Galore could never be a misogynist.

Nor could a man who created a race of African Pygmies called "Oompa Loompas from Oompaloompaland" ever be racist.

In the book the OompaLoompa were pygmies that had to be rescued and then put to work as indentured slaves. And they were happy and grateful to the white man for doing that

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
Old white British dude was racist and imperialist, surprising exactly no one

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
On the one hand he was racist and had uncomfortable attitudes towards women, but on the other he encouraged children to mix everything they found in the bathroom medicine cabinet with everything in the garage and feed the resulting concoction to their grannies, and the grannies were probably even more racist, so

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
also poem about cow growing wings and flying and using its newfound powers to poop on everyone

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

2nd Battalion

Baron Corbyn posted:

Don't forget Octopussy. Now there's a role model for young girls.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

also poem about cow growing wings and flying and using its newfound powers to poop on everyone

Also little red riding hood loving murdering and skinning the three little pigs. Dude was awesome.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Dahl was also part of a group of high society Brits recruited to spy on Americans during WW2, just in case. His job was to learn secrets from wives of important men. His spy weapon was his dick.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Choco1980 posted:

Dahl was also part of a group of high society Brits recruited to spy on Americans during WW2, just in case. His job was to learn secrets from wives of important men. His spy weapon was his dick.

"I said, could you mumble a bit louder into it, darling!"

CannedMacabre
Jul 6, 2007

In space, no one
can hear you fart.
Oh boy!

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Not going to lie, I hear lots of creeper stories, and I wouldn't be the least bit surprised this was real.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

In the grand scheme of things, a woman getting a creep to leave her alone without anyone even getting hurt is pretty inoffensive next to the masturbatory fantasies about being the guy who saves the day in a mass shooting situation or the racists who are just itching for a chance to shoot some minorities.