Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Lightning Knight posted:

lmao but for real tho they'll vote for a black man but not a white woman? What the gently caress kind of logic is that?

The mind of an Iowan is incomprehensible. I would know, I am one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Obama is more popular than Clinton with literally everyone, not just Catholics and POC.

And Catholics tend to really dislike Mormons.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Imagine Trump coming out and giving a victory speech the minute polls close on the east coast, assuming he is gonna win big, then flying back to new York and going to bed.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Dexo posted:

Was not expecting California to go Red with only white people. Then I suddenly remembered how many of those Tech bros are actually libertarians. Also the amount of hispanics in SoCal

forget techies, we got places like Orange County

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

nutranurse posted:

Yeah, no, trust me, I know. My mum's a black woman whose been in HR most of her life and the stories she tells are disheartening like gently caress.

Anybody who thinks HR is this independent organization from the company that works like internal affairs is insane. They're under no obligation to act and you'll never know what'll happen to your complaint.

About the only thing you can do is line up a new job, report to HR as a courtesy, keep running track of evidence, and then sue after you leave if necessary. Either way though "get a new less racist job" is usually the best answer.

YMMV on whether that's possible though :smith:

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I expect at least once during the first debate Trump will say something he thinks is clever and wait a second for the applause before realizing that he's not at a rally or a primary debate.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Kilroy posted:

IIRC Iowans are big on Obama because they take credit for him being a viable candidate in the first place, in 2008.

I would like to talk to an Obama 2012/Trump 2016 voter.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Dexo posted:

Was not expecting California to go Red with only white people. Then I suddenly remembered how many of those Tech bros are actually libertarians. Also the amount of hispanics in SoCal

California has the State of Jefferson yokels and all the white people who moved to SoCal for oil or defense jobs and the white people who used to lumber before we stopped old growth logging in CA.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

greatn posted:

Imagine Trump coming out and giving a victory speech the minute polls close on the east coast, assuming he is gonna win big, then flying back to new York and going to bed.

In my personal best timeline, he gives his victory speech on Monday morning, retires to his coffin in a crypt somewhere in Central Park, and then awakens on Wednesday morning to discover that he got zero electoral votes, upon which he promptly bursts into flames.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

paranoid randroid posted:

forget techies, we got places like Orange County

Basically all of CA outside of LA, the Bay Area, and San Diego is Republican as gently caress.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

spacetoaster posted:

I get that, and this is just one example of dozens of BLM groups diluting the message of "stop shooting unarmed black people".

A message that could be better furthered, I think, with central leadership.

If BLM has centralized leadership those leaders would be vilified, slandered, attacked, used to discredit the movement, and if all else failed, assassinated.

The lack of figurehead leadership is a deliberate and planned response to COINTELPRO and the treatment of past civil rights leaders. You can't give the establishment a target to attack or discredit.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
i cannot overstate how bad the OC is. people joke about Republicans voting for Reagans corpse, but people in the OC would write in Reagans corpse if you gave them half a reason to

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

Chokes McGee posted:

Anybody who thinks HR is this independent organization from the company that works like internal affairs is insane. They're under no obligation to act and you'll never know what'll happen to your complaint.

About the only thing you can do is line up a new job, report to HR as a courtesy, keep running track of evidence, and then sue after you leave if necessary. Either way though "get a new less racist job" is usually the best answer.

YMMV on whether that's possible though :smith:

My mum's one of those HR people who care, which means she's usually out of a job every 2 to 4 years because she tells the board things like, "uh, hey, no, you can't coerce female employees onto the company jet and then host orgies."

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown
White people are the reason California ever had a chance of having republican governors in the last couple of decades

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Eifert Posting posted:

And Catholics tend to really dislike Mormons.

It's hard to blame them. Catholics and Orthodox spend centuries hammering out Nicene Christology and the Mormons just straight-up ignore that? Not okay, guys.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

i cannot overstate how bad the OC is. people joke about Republicans voting for Reagans corpse, but people in the OC would write in Reagans corpse if you gave them half a reason to

I mean, I would write in Hillary Clinton's corpse before I voted for even Mitt Romney or John McCain. gently caress the Republican Party.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Also the IE is a piece of poo poo too

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

nutranurse posted:

My mum's one of those HR people who care, which means she's usually out of a job every 2 to 4 years because she tells the board things like, "uh, hey, no, you can't coerce female employees onto the company jet and then host orgies."

A REAL loving THING THAT HAPPENED AND SHE WAS FIRED OVER.

BTW DONT BUY ANY OF KERRYGOLD'S PRODUCTS.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Guy Goodbody posted:

That's a really hosed up thing to say.
Some of them, I assume, are good people.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

mcmagic posted:

I would like to talk to an Obama 2012/Trump 2016 voter.

I don't think you'd understand my Nana's reasoning.

I don't anyway.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

WampaLord posted:

Basically all of CA outside of LA, the Bay Area, and San Diego is Republican as gently caress.

Eh, there are a lot of stoner third-party voters up in Mendocino too, but yeah, there are more righties here than people realize.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

nutranurse posted:

did she ever make that public? because that's the kind of poo poo that should get press, imho. but of course that would probably mean permanent unemployment.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

nutranurse posted:

The butter people?

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

nutranurse posted:

I hope she talked to an attorney.

On Terra Firma
Feb 12, 2008

nutranurse posted:

Wait seriously?

WampaLord posted:

The butter people?

:stare:

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

WampaLord posted:

The butter people?

The loving butter people.

botany posted:

did she ever make that public? because that's the kind of poo poo that should get press, imho. but of course that would probably mean permanent unemployment.

I urged her to do it but she looked at me like I was crazy and said something to the effect of, "You have 2 liberal arts degrees. Your student loan debt isn't going to pay itself."

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

I hope she talked to an attorney.

She did get a settlement.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance

bowser posted:

The only thing better than the Between Two Ferns video are all the Bernie or Bust people in the comments all over social media furious that Hillary is trying to appeal to millennials :allears:.

"Hillary needs to do more for millennials like me, the way Bernie would have!"

*Hillary puts forth the most progressive platform ever seen, with huge contributions from Sanders*

"Okay but Hillary needs to do more to APPEAL to millennials like me!"

*Hillary puts together a really funny video with Zach Galifianakis*

"You loving bitch, stop trying to appeal to me."

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Majorian posted:

Eh, there are a lot of stoner third-party voters up in Mendocino too, but yeah, there are more righties here than people realize.

Furthest NorCal seems pretty evenly split between weed burnouts and scary survivalist motherfuckers

On Terra Firma
Feb 12, 2008

Maybe it was a misunderstanding.

https://twitter.com/KerrygoldUSA/status/777620372199911424

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Look these girls... No one's forcing them to do anything. We just leave an IMPLICATION. we're not going to do anything bad to them! We would never threaten them! But... you're up in the sky... there's an implication

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

nutranurse posted:

Sooo They hiring?

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
My girlfriend is going to bring home Kerrygold butter one day and I'm going to remember this story and be like :stare: and she just won't understand how deep the political rabbit hole goes.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

nutranurse posted:

The loving butter people.

Due to your phrasing, I have to assume that the orgy involved sticks of butter as delicious savoury lube. Last Tango In Paris-style. As an Irishman, I am proud

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Hey I'm a whitey and I acknowledge that I am privileged in life, that minorities are often mistreated and denied representation in our government, and that white people are often very racist. I don't want to die though, thank you.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Augus posted:

Hey I'm a whitey and I acknowledge that I am privileged in life, that minorities are often mistreated and denied representation in our government, and that white people are often very racist. I don't want to die though, thank you.

I feel you brother. Maybe we can apply for coupons to be last against the wall. I'd die happy at the last privilege I received in life. :911:

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Furthest NorCal seems pretty evenly split between weed burnouts and scary survivalist motherfuckers

I've never been to Modoc county, but a close friend of mine was an FBI agent who occasionally had to go up there. She's never told me what she had to do there, but I'd be beyond shocked if a mountain of meth wasn't involved.

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

nutranurse posted:

2012 if only white people voted

This was a page ago but I just want to say this proves my state is objectively Not Terrible and I am :smug: as gently caress about it now.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

ImpAtom posted:

Anthony Weiner seriously needs to seek treatment because he is obviously incapable of controlling himself and is also a complete shithead. At least he can get help with part of that.

Serious question (sort of): what kind of future can a guy like that even have any more?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Augus posted:

Hey man you're one of the good ones. So I wish you the best, but when BLM and Overseer Deray takes over and outlaws racism you still might get randomly stopped on the street and asked about your personal views since you fit the description and profile of a racist.

It's a price we must pay for security.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Augus posted:

Sorry, it's for your own good. You can never be quite sure when a white person is going to go full mayo

• Locked thread