Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS
I've been doing all content with my rev for a little while now; he's really fun. I can get some solid dps with sword/axe, have decent dps with hammer, and get to contribute to my group with a handful of good boons, cc, and support. He's pretty great in the new zone, too.

Unrelated, but lol @ everyone who didn't get a free port to the end of the JP before last night's hotfix. Have fun actually completing content now instead of scumming your way through it like trash (i'm trash and took the tp2f out for the free points)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
I couldn't even get past the first jump up the lava tube. I'll have to try it again later.

Hungry Hal better not be looking for another handout.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

50 apples is a stupid grind and i still dont know what the jp looks like lmao

apparently i gotta do the jp legit for some lazarus badges? w/e

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Apparently they didn't fix Hal infinite apple exploit/bug yet. I doubt they're gonna ban anyone for using it, but I gotta say sometimes it's good to be in time, cheese it and get the insanely hard JP achievement and Hal as well before the inevitable "fixes" come along.

knowonecanknow
Apr 19, 2009

Ambition must be made to counteract ambition.
I moved a teleport to friend to my inventory last night then logged off :( I am now sad as I died a dozen times to that stupid puzzle already.

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

Man... I went onto the official forums because I was curious to see what kind of threads were in the main discussion group. Holy poo poo what a mistake.

I can't believe how many entitled, garbage people exist. There was a thread asking what people's impressions of the new island were. So many replies whining about how things took actual effort to obtain and weren't just handed out for showing up. One guy complained about a new map currency, and posted a screenshot of his bags to show the petrified wood taking up so much valuable space in between a handful of other things he should just deposit in the bank and not carry around with himself, like 200+ tomes of knowledge.

People are such gently caress faces. Christ

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

nickhimself posted:

I can't believe how many entitled, garbage people exist.

Not just videogames or other forums man, take a look at SA or anywhere else irl :v:

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

That's why I didn't specify where these garbage people existed, because they are everywhere.

<------ is a garbage person, probably

Blasphemeral
Jul 26, 2012

Three mongrel men in exchange for a party member? I found that one in the Faustian Bargain Bin.

nickhimself posted:

...One guy complained about a new map currency, and posted a screenshot of his bags to show the petrified wood taking up so much valuable space in between a handful of other things he should just deposit in the bank and not carry around with himself, like 200+ tomes of knowledge....

Well, I still don't understand why they added the wallet and then choose not to use it for all the new currencies/keys they add. It is legitimately grating that they keep giving us low-value stuff to clog our bags with. Like, all those logs do is buy stuff. How is that not a currency?

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

nickhimself posted:

That's why I didn't specify where these garbage people existed, because they are everywhere.

<------ is a garbage person, probably

You're okay buddy, you're okay :glomp:

knowonecanknow
Apr 19, 2009

Blasphemeral posted:

Well, I still don't understand why they added the wallet and then choose not to use it for all the new currencies/keys they add. It is legitimately grating that they keep giving us low-value stuff to clog our bags with. Like, all those logs do is buy stuff. How is that not a currency?

Because you can salvage them if you want.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-_rKufARXU

I blew 150g last night buying this dagger and the warhorn to see if it had custom sounds. It does not.

goattrails
Nov 27, 2009

Ride the frog, baby!

Lonk posted:

I blew 150g last night buying this dagger and the warhorn to see if it had custom sounds. It does not.

Couldn't you just have youtubed it like i just did? :v:

Blasphemeral
Jul 26, 2012

Three mongrel men in exchange for a party member? I found that one in the Faustian Bargain Bin.

knowonecanknow posted:

Oh, ok. So let us put it in crafting storage, then?

Lonk posted:

goattrails posted:

Couldn't you just have youtubed it like i just did? :v:

I wish they'd indicate the alternate sounds on the Wiki. Maybe have one of those little embedded sound-byte players.
Is there a list anywhere of the ones that sound different? I'm really tired of them all sounding like wet farts. Have none of the developers heard a horn IRL before?

Blasphemeral fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Sep 22, 2016

zokie
Feb 13, 2006

Out of many, Sweden
That the Carnival weapons don't make a sound of bells jingling is even worse than level 80 zones giving <80 exotics for completion.

Also use all is missing on the HoT lodestones, and a bunch of other poo poo. The price of legendary precursor collections. Most are cheaper to buy ffs. And gently caress them for using dubloons to craft Amalgated gemstones when silver dubloon are already expensive because of The Juggernaut.

Finally started PvPing again, it's nice to PvE while you queue but I wish we could save builds so I didn't have to swap weapons or use the same in both modes. And why can't I access my PvP build outside of the mists?

Tivac please do the needful

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

"do the needful" is a legit trigger for me, please be careful with a weapon like that

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
It would be nice if expensive rear end weapon sets with a custom stow/draw weapon sound at least played the noise each time. You can notice in the video it does not even do that.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

CLAM DOWN posted:

"do the needful" is a legit trigger for me, please be careful with a weapon like that

Your finger can't fit under the trigger guard?

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
you better heed his Quall

knowonecanknow posted:

Blasphemeral posted:

Oh, ok. So let us put it in crafting storage, then?

Better solution would just be to let us swap them for unbound magic at the merchants who trade in rubies/wood. It's not a really big deal in the grand scheme but it's still a pain to have to shuffle around my characters to see who has petrified wood or blood rubies on them just because I have the dubious option of salvaging the slower to get currencies to make more of a currency that's already trivial to grind.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Baron Von Pigeon posted:

Better solution would just be to let us swap them for unbound magic at the merchants who trade in rubies/wood. It's not a really big deal in the grand scheme but it's still a pain to have to shuffle around my characters to see who has petrified wood or blood rubies on them just because I have the dubious option of salvaging the slower to get currencies to make more of a currency that's already trivial to grind.

gw2efficiency should tell you how much of an item you have, and on which alts

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

i put all my rubies and wood in the bank and i only play on one guy

Yureina
Apr 28, 2013

Yeap. I found this out recently. Really turns me off the Palestinian cause to find out they basically consist entirely of raging racists.

Dreggon posted:

i put all my rubies and wood in the bank and i only play on one guy

Same, aside from the playing on only one character part. I do find the whole Blood Rubies/Petrified Wood not being currency a little annoying, but it's not something to get ragey about.

That jump puzzle on the other hand... I'm avoiding it because I know it will piss me off. But i'll have to do it at some point, if only for achievements. :stare:

Sjonnar
Oct 22, 2011
I too know it will piss me off. So I just won't do it. I assume from the things I'm hearing that mesmer portals don't work?

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.
They work, it's just you can't portal people all the way up the end anymore. You have to hit the checkpoints along the way. I just did it on my mes. Was okay.

knowonecanknow
Apr 19, 2009

Joust posted:

They work, it's just you can't portal people all the way up the end anymore. You have to hit the checkpoints along the way. I just did it on my mes. Was okay.

Is there any indication that you hit a checkpoint as you're going through?

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

knowonecanknow posted:

Is there any indication that you hit a checkpoint as you're going through?

There's a visible flash when you do, but no buff or anything like that. The checkpoints are all dusty clouds.

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

http://dulfy.net/2016/09/21/gw2-chalice-of-tears-jumping-puzzle-guide/

In at least one of the videos you'll see what the checkpoints look like. They're like rock hole faces where the mouth is just breathing smoke the entire time.

EB Achievements: I got the JP and Applegate2k16 before they were patched. Owned. Owns.

edit: reading the AMA recap on dulfy is pretty funny. The insider trading thing supposedly came down to one alpha tester who was abusing their influence and knowledge to make hefty profits for themselves and their friends.

also, t6 leather and flax are totally okay and are only so expensive because a bunch of people are sitting on their stockpiles rather than selling them off

nickhimself fucked around with this message at 14:41 on Sep 23, 2016

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

now we'll never hear the end of it

knowonecanknow
Apr 19, 2009

Why do people care about T6 leather? Isn't it only really used in legendary crafting?

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

Not just Legendary stuff -- it's used in a lot of poo poo. You need 30 sections to make 10 sections, which in turn go toward making 5 gossamer patches for an insignia. That's only one item, but maybe the largest use of them?

You need a ton for guild upgrades as well, though

nickhimself fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Sep 23, 2016

knowonecanknow
Apr 19, 2009

I've never looked at scribing and didn't realize T6 mats were used in exotic crafting. On a completely different note: GW2 efficiency tells me I die 2.2 times per hour when I'm logged in... I blame SAB.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

nickhimself posted:

edit: reading the AMA recap on dulfy is pretty funny. The insider trading thing supposedly came down to one alpha tester who was abusing their influence and knowledge to make hefty profits for themselves and their friends.

also, t6 leather and flax are totally okay and are only so expensive because a bunch of people are sitting on their stockpiles rather than selling them off

I actually buy that it was a small group of people - it only takes a few decently wealthy (by decently wealthy I mean "has a few hundred liquid gold") people abusing things to become monstrously wealthy and start cornering markets like that.

One thing I'm :flashfap: over is confirmation of MORE RAIDS. RAIDS FOR THE RAID GOD LOOT FOR THE LOOT THRONE. YEESSSS

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I want to do more raiding. I did one run with you guys and it was awesome, but it seems like you've got the core group of 10 full up so hopefully one of you decides to quit raiding asap and names me as your spot replacement, but like, if you want to quit I hope awesome stuff happens for you in other areas of the game to compensate for your loss on cool raiding times with fellow dentists

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
I don't know if it's something gw2 can do at all, but I'd absolutely love to be able to do Flexible Raid the way WoW does. There's a difficulty setting for the raids that where you can bring anywhere from 10 to 25 people. My roommate raids in WoW and raves about flex raiding because all you really need to stick to is having enough healers for the number of people you bring. Being able to bring in new people without one of your established raiders giving up their slot would be great, as would being able to just have a standing roster of like 20 people and having it be no big deal if even half of them just can't make it on a random night. One of the biggest headaches of doing raids is having to get exactly 10 people.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i'm still amazed they haven't added a easier tier that gives less rewards but otherwise can be there to help people learn the things

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

but that would dilute the raiding experience and devalue the hard work real raiders did when they cleared it

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010

nickhimself posted:

I want to do more raiding. I did one run with you guys and it was awesome, but it seems like you've got the core group of 10 full up so hopefully one of you decides to quit raiding asap and names me as your spot replacement, but like, if you want to quit I hope awesome stuff happens for you in other areas of the game to compensate for your loss on cool raiding times with fellow dentists

Should have skipped Teq/fractals yesterday. SFD Thursday raid needs one or two more I think, check the SFD forum. It happens right after reset and they do all the easy ones on that day.

e: ^ Most sane people just watch twitch/youTube/dulfy guides and let the spergs do the encounters for 12 hours a day on release. After that it's just practicing monkey see + monkey do.

dad on the rag fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Sep 23, 2016

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I didn't bother responding because the raid group is always full; I just figured it was immediately filled with Raid Regulars. I would've enjoyed that a lot more than getting jack poo poo from fracz

I did, however, use that time in between to craft up a poo poo ton of greatswords and then also did that again this afternoon. Lol @ precursors being "rare" tbqh

edit: I know that through normal means, precursors are extremely rare. I, however, choose to brute force my way through zommoros's bullshit and get right to the goods

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010
I think you are supposed to turn off your hacks before you use the mystic toilet.

Also somebody found/leaked a pic of the legendary armor.

• Locked thread