Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Northstar looks cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
New Pilot Classes trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHvoaAAhGno

Looks like there's a literal 1v1 mode?

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

Antoine Silvere posted:

Attrition's In Titanfall 2,
All's Right With The World
I too look forward to 80% of the population only ever playing the same mode again.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Niggurath posted:

I too look forward to 80% of the population only ever playing the same mode again.

1v1 me.

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

Everything looks awesome but I'm just so negative about the games chances on PC - Battlefield is such a loving behemoth to face up against. I wish this had come out like 3 months earlier than it is... I think Ill still buy it because worst case the single player interests me. Since COD has ground itself to a halt, all this exciting movement and weaponry seems like what the future CODs have been trying and failing to do.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

That battlefield 1 beta was a snooze though.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

They should just ditch all the tech test modes and have the final playlist be:

Attrition
Last Titan Standing
Capture The Flag
Frontier Defense

Those are the four best modes and trying to push Pilots-only for the COD crowd won't work because COD players will always play COD.

Smoking_Dragon
Dec 12, 2001

WOE UNTO THEE
Pillbug
Way to break the stereotype!

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/titanfall-2s-new-1v1-mode-is-accessible-by-drinkin/1100-6443835/

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

Wazzit posted:

Respawn confirmed that 1v1 mode at the end is the "Coliseum" you get access to with a "ticket" from Mountain Dew, Doritos, or Buffalo Wild Wings. Best 2 out of 3 wins, winner gets "Advocate Gifts," whatever those are.

e:f,b

runchild fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Sep 22, 2016

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Hell yeah, I'm gonna start stocking up on Confirmation Cans right away

Smoking_Dragon
Dec 12, 2001

WOE UNTO THEE
Pillbug

Lemming posted:

Hell yeah, I'm gonna start stocking up on Confirmation Cans right away

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
16GB of RAM and a 6GB video card for recommended specs? This makes me think they are still having issues with the source engine.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
This is starting to get weird

Brutakas
Oct 10, 2012

Farewell, marble-dwellers!

SUNKOS posted:

They should just ditch all the tech test modes and have the final playlist be:

Attrition
Last Titan Standing
Capture The Flag
Frontier Defense

Those are the four best modes and trying to push Pilots-only for the COD crowd won't work because COD players will always play COD.

I would be fine with this. However, I do have some doubts about how well Last Titan Standing will work when the Titans don't have a shield. I'd have to play it myself to know for sure.

I was happy to hear the ambient battle sounds in this video (~4:15).

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Carecat posted:

16GB of RAM and a 6GB video card for recommended specs? This makes me think they are still having issues with the source engine.

As it says in the article, they are aiming for 60 fps with the system requirements.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Brutakas posted:

I would be fine with this. However, I do have some doubts about how well Last Titan Standing will work when the Titans don't have a shield. I'd have to play it myself to know for sure.

This video has a match of LTS. It looks like Titans don't start with shields just like the Tech Test, but there seem to be some Battery pickups in the middle of the map.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ekOw-FIZXg

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
That pilot trailer was dope as gently caress.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Wazzit posted:

Respawn really knows how to make gameplay trailers, jesus.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Cool trailer. Gonna get lit in October.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
being a spectre 24/7 is all I really needed and here it is

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

So is attrition basically like a less organized bounty hunt? I loved bounty hunt but it did kind of lull sometimes when people weren't playing the objective or they'd just stick to their own side of the map and barely fight each other.

I actually thought the NPC grunts sounded terrible back when TF1 came out but it's pretty much one of my favorite things in TF2. It makes the rounds feel like a nice mix of competitive mp, single player and co-op.

Basically any mode with grunts is cool with me. I hope they make them a little more lethal though. Really the only ones to worry about were reavers or whatever they were called. And that was only when you didn't have Titan.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

NESguerilla posted:

So is attrition basically like a less organized bounty hunt? I loved bounty hunt but it did kind of lull sometimes when people weren't playing the objective or they'd just stick to their own side of the map and barely fight each other.

I actually thought the NPC grunts sounded terrible back when TF1 came out but it's pretty much one of my favorite things in TF2. It makes the rounds feel like a nice mix of competitive mp, single player and co-op.

Basically any mode with grunts is cool with me. I hope they make them a little more lethal though. Really the only ones to worry about were reavers or whatever they were called. And that was only when you didn't have Titan.

The grunts were never really a threat, although sometimes they could get you if you hosed up really bad, they were mostly a resource that you were rewarded with for gaining control of certain areas, if that makes sense. Like if an enemy is covering you from a certain area, you can't kill grunts in that spot, or at least you risk getting hurt/killed if you go after them. You get a decent amount of points for killing Pilots/Titans in attrition, but overall way more from killing grunts, but you can't kill the grunts if you're getting killed or losing sections of the map to the enemy.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
I've noticed no videos of the new Smart Pistol.

Cowards. :)

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

NESguerilla posted:

Attrition is the standard team deathmatch mode. What made it special was how chaotic it was with all the grunts/spectres/turrets everywhere which made matches feel more exciting. It also solved a design issue whereby making maps large enough to cater to titans meant that they were way too large for pilots to run around in, so the addition of all the AI solved that issue by populating the map with way more stuff to shoot at. The AI also added a second layer whereby you could farm them to speed up how fast you got your titan, which was on a countdown anyways, which resulted in titans dropping pretty much constantly. That's why the Titanfall 2 tech test was such a shock to fans of the first game, because the maps felt like ghost towns in comparison and all the chaos and fun had been scaled-back drastically.

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

It looks like it's a boost now.

I wonder if the locked one in the bottom right corner is some kind of new burn card system?

SUNKOS fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Sep 23, 2016

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Its so weird that they nerfed it so hard when it was such a garbage gun :confused:

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I still really dislike the inclusion of Amped Weapons, especially with the maybe shorter TTK.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TwE_05W04o

appperently attrition mode is back. looks cool and like old attrition mode. I am content.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Dapper_Swindler posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TwE_05W04o

appperently attrition mode is back. looks cool and like old attrition mode. I am content.

Tone is absolutely the only Titan I will ever use.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I'm not sure which Titan I'd use exclusively but I'm leaning towards Skittlebug or Hoops Dunktron.

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
I know the bits of the trailer where groups of pilots move in sync jumping out of a window are trailer dressing, but I would be completely down with bringing back Spectre hacking as a way of forming a possie

~3 grunts desperately to keep up with you and fire wildly if they see an enemy pilot nearby

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

NESguerilla posted:

I'm not sure which Titan I'd use exclusively but I'm leaning towards anime Gundam or anime Gundam.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

So is appearance not linked to pilot ability anymore? In one of those video the dude was using the grapple, but he definitely wasn't the ScarfSpectre.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

ninjahedgehog posted:

So is appearance not linked to pilot ability anymore?
We can only hope.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Mordja posted:

We can only hope.

Its good game design to know what someone can do based on their appearance. Then you can fight them smart.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Knifegrab posted:

Its good game design to know what someone can do based on their appearance. Then you can fight them smart.

I agree with you in principle. My problem is that you're dead in about 1.5 seconds and most fights have a high level of commitment/ambush so I'm not sure how useful it is in practice.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
So what was the ttk like in the first game? because I found the complaints of dying too fast in the tech test to be a hilarious overreaction.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

I don't know, but I got that 1.5 seconds from a video about the original Titanfall.

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

el B posted:

So what was the ttk like in the first game? because I found the complaints of dying too fast in the tech test to be a hilarious overreaction.

It was kinda fast, unless you were really good, like me

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

el B posted:

Yeah, the ttk is exactly the same. Amped weapons melted people as well. They were just more common in the trial because they only had that and those drones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

ninjahedgehog posted:

So is appearance not linked to pilot ability anymore? In one of those video the dude was using the grapple, but he definitely wasn't the ScarfSpectre.
They just updated which model is connected to the grapple; it's still very much connected to your ability.

Mill Village posted:

Yeah, the ttk is exactly the same. Amped weapons melted people as well. They were just more common in the trial because they only had that and those drones.
Yeah, it was a bit bizarre to me to hear complaints about the amped weapons considering it's the same idea as was in Titanfall 1. "Guns that do increase damage and last until you die! That poo poo is so broken and I don't know why they'd introduce that!" says stunned crowd that never used burn cards I guess?