Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shaman Linavi
Apr 3, 2012

I tried goons, I really did.

I think someone posted these here, and when I saw them while going through the aisles at Wal-Mart I knew I had to try them.

These are even pretty nutritious:

Only 90% of my daily saturated fat and 43% of my sodium, not too bad.

That was as far as I made it. I type this with my hands permanently stained with the smell of greasy donut. The Hot Pepper Bacon Berry Jam, while having a pleasant aroma, was basically non-existent.
The burger was your average low quality frozen puck of "beef".
It looks like there was cheese on it but maybe it was only on the half I didn't eat.
And as you can see from my dinnerware, the donut had enough grease coming out of it with every squeeze to necessitate the use of a place mat and extra paper plate.

I do NOT recommend you try the Great Value Donut Cheeseburger.

But at least my fries were good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
You deserve a medal, or at the very least some type of accolade.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

The only good frozen burgers are the White Castle sliders. Toss them in the microwave for a few minutes and quickly overdose on centipede poison.

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SLOSifl posted:

The only good frozen burgers are the White Castle sliders. Toss them in the microwave for a few minutes and quickly overdose on centipede poison.

So it's literally like going to white castle except without the lines and the stoners.

(we don't have white castle in glorious canukistan I have no idea what they are like they just look kind of terrible)

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Shaman Linavi posted:

I think someone posted these here, and when I saw them while going through the aisles at Wal-Mart I knew I had to try them.

That was as far as I made it. I type this with my hands permanently stained with the smell of greasy donut. The Hot Pepper Bacon Berry Jam, while having a pleasant aroma, was basically non-existent.
It looks like there was cheese on it but maybe it was only on the half I didn't eat.
And as you can see from my dinnerware, the donut had enough grease coming out of it with every squeeze to necessitate the use of a place mat and extra paper plate.

:) The paper plate is a nice touch.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Shaman Linavi posted:

You ain't gonna finish your dinner? Starving people in China and all that!

Xen Tricks
Nov 4, 2010

Tashilicious posted:

So it's literally like going to white castle except without the lines and the stoners.

(we don't have white castle in glorious canukistan I have no idea what they are like they just look kind of terrible)

White Castle is the saddest, trashiest fast food place by a good bit imo. All of it is bland misery food, except the chicken rings, those are pretty bomb

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

I've never been to a white castle because I moved to the west coast when I was 7 but I for one like the white castle frozen sliders mm hmm

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

Munchables posted:

I've never been to a white castle because I moved to the west coast when I was 7 but I for one like the white castle frozen sliders mm hmm

I ate the frozen sliders by the box in college, and then I finally had the real deal, and they're basically indistinguishable.

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

Nuevo posted:

I ate the frozen sliders by the box in college, and then I finally had the real deal, and they're basically indistinguishable.

Then I guess I like "real" White Castle

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So with my knowledge of white castle being entirely from Harold and Kumar, I hit the nail on the head.

you know what, I think I can kind of respect that. They own what they are.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I think White Castle is pretty mediocre because the burgers are the size of your average dinner roll and that's just wrong.

They do have excellent chicken sandwiches though. So do Krystals.

ZetaLaCroix
Mar 29, 2012
https://youtu.be/rVza_AnhQ3E

I only have one question: WHY DOES THIS EXIST?! :stonk:

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Xen Tricks posted:

chicken rings

What?

Whyyy?

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
you can't have a chicken goatse without the chicken ring

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Shaman Linavi posted:

That is the most incredible rear end in a top hat I've ever seen on a donut.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

EorayMel posted:

Got loving dammit, I just got reminded of when I cracked open a cheap can of Cincinnati Chili, thinking it was meaty and chunky, when in reality it was 99% brown sugar+second hand beef water in the worst way you can imagine.

One of the only foods I truly regret eating :smith:
St. Louis style pizza is to normal pizza what Cincinnati chili is to normal chili. I'm a die hard New York style pizza fan but I can't believe people argue NY vs Chicago when we should really be launching some kind of Jihad/Crusade/Genocide against St. Louis for liking or producing that loving trash. It seriously tastes like you melted american cheese on top of a saltine covered in ketchup, it's god drat foul.

Nuevo posted:

This is because actual White Castle burgers are basically boiled anyways so the difference between that and microwaving them is negligible.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

Would without hesitation.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
What if you sous vide'd the donut burger instead of nuked it?

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Went out for my father's birthday the other day and it occurred to me that things like parmas, steaks, etc that come with chips are always served in an unnecessarily inconvenient way. It seems that they put the chips on the plate then stack the meat on top when it would make much more sense to do it the other way around. It'd be easy to clear the chips off the top, but it's inconvenient to have to drag them out from underneath.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

A range of 60-800 calories.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

RandomPauI posted:

What if you sous vide'd the donut burger instead of nuked it?

I have this horrible feeling it would come out looking like the first test monkey in The Fly.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Panfilo posted:

I have this horrible feeling it would come out looking like the first test monkey in The Fly.

Now I feel like we need a sous vide equivalent to "will it blend?".

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

White Castle is good.

This, described as "White Castle cheeseburgers with homemade bacon cream cheese frosting", is bad.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Pastry of the Year posted:

White Castle is good.

This, described as "White Castle cheeseburgers with homemade bacon cream cheese frosting", is bad.

That's just a lovely lasagna

Perhaps the same could be said of all midwestern foodstuffs :sigh:

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Somfin posted:

That's just a lovely lasagna

Perhaps the same could be said of all midwestern foodstuffs :sigh:

You have hurt the feelings of the Midwestern people.

Go back 3 spaces.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

You have hurt the feelings of the Midwestern people.

Go back 3 spaces.

Man, how do I always end up back in Candy Cane Forest

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

White Castle is good.

Why

Captainsalami
Apr 16, 2010

I told you you'd pay!

White Castle is good.

Would try, once, then never again mention it happening.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

RareAcumen posted:

I think White Castle is pretty mediocre because the burgers are the size of your average dinner roll and that's just wrong.

They do have excellent chicken sandwiches though. So do Krystals.

I mean, you're supposed to order like 10 of them per meal.

Agreed that White Castle frozen food tastes exactly like the "real" White Castle. If for whatever reason you got a craving or you live in an area without White Castle, you can buy a box of those and experience the taste without having to go to another state.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

White Castle is good.

no. not even at "wow a 2 looks like a 10" drunk.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

chitoryu12 posted:

I mean, you're supposed to order like 10 of them per meal.

Agreed that White Castle frozen food tastes exactly like the "real" White Castle. If for whatever reason you got a craving or you live in an area without White Castle, you can buy a box of those and experience the taste without having to go to another state.

I walk by those boxes in the grocery store every now and then. I can't comprehend what's appetizing about them. They look disgusting and bland.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

TotalLossBrain posted:

I walk by those boxes in the grocery store every now and then. I can't comprehend what's appetizing about them. They look disgusting and bland.

Welcome to White Castle!

They're honestly nothing special. They taste okay and you can buy a bajillion of them so they're really popular drunk/high food.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Sometimes you just want to eat a dozen grey & beige things.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

ubiquitous midwestern white castle myths include: a) the patty is liver and b) the onions are just cabbage soaked in onion juice

they call 'em sliders because they slide in and they slide out

if you haven't polished off a briefcase of 20 sliders at 2 am after a hard night at the bar you havent lived

can confirm the frozen ones are indistinguishable from the fresh

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

Efexeye posted:

ubiquitous midwestern white castle myths include: a) the patty is liver and b) the onions are just cabbage soaked in onion juice

they call 'em sliders because they slide in and they slide out

if you haven't polished off a briefcase of 20 sliders at 2 am after a hard night at the bar you havent lived

can confirm the frozen ones are indistinguishable from the fresh

Having grown up in Southwestern Ohio (where either they, or the "White Tower" knockoff) stood about every two blocks on the main drags, I can confirm that they have a unique, and remarkable laxative quality. I still ate them, though because they were cheap college drunk food along with Skyline's coney dogs.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
What's up with goons that are so prone to explosive diarrhea when they eat various foods?

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Panfilo posted:

What's up with goons that are so prone to explosive diarrhea when they eat various foods?

anyone eating white castle sliders would probably be doing it while real drunk and also eating a ton of them, you're gonna rip rear end no matter who you are after that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Panfilo posted:

Lifetime of poor diet