Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Weren't the windows to get those pretty generous in CS1 as well?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

how do I romance Duvalie

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Really Pants posted:

how do I romance Duvalie
i dont think duvalie is into dudes considering how she talks about her boss

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Really Pants posted:

how do I romance Duvalie

You have to be the Steel Maiden.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

I just got into the (Finale spoilers) Infernal Castle and oh boy I can't wait to see how this game ends. It's been quite a wild ride and I've been enjoying it significantly more than CS1, and I liked CS1 a lot. :allears:

Also it may be just me but the music when you fight Grianos in the shrine is one of the best battle themes in the series.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Duvalie is the best.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

I too am sad that there is no Romance Duvalie option.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Double Overdrives. :getin:

So what do you all use them for? I see it as easy unbalance opportunities/panic button if needed.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

magic

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Dr. Fetus posted:

So what do you all use them for? I see it as easy unbalance opportunities/panic button if needed.

Have Emma initiate the Overdrive, use whatever spell you consider strongest for the situation. Have the second character buff or use their strongest attack or whatever. Have Emma attack again.

It's pretty hard to imagine anything in the game being a better use of Ovedrive than a double-casted Art. Probably the optimal would be a Lost Art -> EP Charge to full -> different Lost Art combo.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Instant cast Arts seem way better to me than auto-Unbalance Crafts.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Clarste posted:

Instant cast Arts seem way better to me than auto-Unbalance Crafts.

They are, especially once you hit Link 7 and get the bonus damage in Overdrive ability.

Cyouni
Sep 30, 2014

without love it cannot be seen
Man, no wonder McBurn doesn't feel anything's worth his time. Finale spoilers: I don't think I've seen anyone holding back two times over, and still absurdly dangerous despite that. Also oops his S-Craft pierces Craft Guard.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

So "Finale" being called as such is about as truthful as Class VII claiming to be a "neutral party."

That was some ending. And by ending I mean not an ending at all :stare:

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009

Zaggitz posted:

For SC, minor 3rd spoilers:Walter is confirmed alive during 3rd though he def seems beat to poo poo and if he does return I imagine it would be in Calvard. Luciola however is not in the aftermath scene in 3rd and Walter speculates with Bleublanc over whether she survived or not so it's up in the air.

A thing to remember also is that the big grand crazy schemes Ouroboros get up to(Civil War, Attempted Coup, Flying City, etc...) are almost always misdirects in favor of achieving a much smaller goal(collecting Sept-Terrions with minimal interference.) They definitely succeed at this in SC even if the Liber-Ark is destroyed, and it's too soon to tell in CS2 since the Phantasmal Blaze plan hasn't even reached its conclusion yet. Obviously though Osborne hijacking it is going to lead to some pretty intense retaliation on Ouroboros' part, I imagine.

Oh, right, I totally forget about the whole collecting Sept-Terrions angle, now I remembered in SC (ending spoilers) Campanella didn't just picked up the ring but also smashes Weismann after, Kevin salted him, to pieces implying that the Grandmaster is done with Weismann anyway

Also, reading wiki a bit (spoilers for Crossbell games and CS2 ending) there's apparently an Anguis in charge of the Black Workshop. It'll be interesting to learn in CS3 or any other future games, what happened to him since Osbourne claimed that the Black Workshop is his now. Either Osbourne turned him or got rid of him somehow.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Dr. Fetus posted:

Lost Arts.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

davidHalestorm posted:

Also, reading wiki a bit (spoilers for Crossbell games and CS2 ending) there's apparently an Anguis in charge of the Black Workshop. It'll be interesting to learn in CS3 or any other future games, what happened to him since Osbourne claimed that the Black Workshop is his now. Either Osbourne turned him or got rid of him somehow.

To be specific, that Anguis runs all 13 factories, of which the Black Workshop is one. So it's more likely he just lost track of it while the Crossbell stuff was happening. Kinda like how Alisa's mom runs Reinford but had no idea an entire division of her company was being used to make mechs.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Speaking of Reinford, we still don't know what the hell's going on with this "5th Division" thing, do we? Unless that's actually the Black Workshop, all we know so far is that it's not actually part of Reinford at all. Given it's apparently located in the west of Erebonia, it is yet another issue that will probably be dealt with in CS3, along with the Noble Alliance remnants over there. Which would be nice since we'd finally be able to see the entire half of the country we haven't visited or even seen yet. Between that, the ongoing events in Crossbell, and whatever the hell Osborne is planning to do with the Phantasmal Blaze Plan - along with Ouroboros' response - there's a fair amount of stuff to cover.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

The intermission is great. The way you acquire the Blade II deck also gave me a laugh.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Something I've noticed while playing CS1:

In Sara's room there's a big map of Erebonia, with the various cities/stations on it. It looks like there's a location circled in red on the map, but I can't really read the texture clearly enough on the Vita to see where it is. Is this a sneaky little hint to something later in the game, or did I stumble on absolutely nothing at all?

Decus
Feb 24, 2013

Shinjobi posted:

Something I've noticed while playing CS1:

In Sara's room there's a big map of Erebonia, with the various cities/stations on it. It looks like there's a location circled in red on the map, but I can't really read the texture clearly enough on the Vita to see where it is. Is this a sneaky little hint to something later in the game, or did I stumble on absolutely nothing at all?

Even on PS3 you can't really see it too well but I recall somebody was extracting textures from the game and it didn't seem to be anything important. On the other hand, some of the ad flyers and such are hilarious. One of them is a kellogs ad.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Can I just say Ymir is great? :3: I love the music, and so far the bonding events have all been really sweet.

Dr. Fetus posted:

I somehow got Alisa's special reunion scene when I didn't dance with her at all in CS1. It even flashed back to an event that never happened in that save. :psyduck: Did my copy glitch out or something?

Getting back to this, I think it just goes off of who you could have danced with. My CS1 dance card had Alisa, Laura, Fie, and Sara, and then in CS2 all four of them referenced the extra little goodbye you get for dancin'.

Japanese Dating Sim
Nov 12, 2003

hehe
Lipstick Apathy
I'm sure I could find this elsewhere in the thread, but, is there any word of XSeed considering translating the Crossbell games? I want to play as JRPG police.

smenj
Oct 10, 2012

Japanese Dating Sim posted:

I'm sure I could find this elsewhere in the thread, but, is there any word of XSeed considering translating the Crossbell games? I want to play as JRPG police.

No official statements or anything like that, really, but they've said they'd love to do them eventually if it's possible. There's issues regarding getting the appropriate PC versions to modernise, as they did with FC and SC, to be sorted out first. Given that they've done the rest of the series bar 3rd (which is on the way) though, I'd assume they'll eventually find a way to get them. Basically, don't expect anything soon, but it'll probably, hopefully, happen at some point.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Don't expect to hear anything about Zero/Ao until after 3rd comes out, but I'd say our chances are good so far. The only legit impossibility is the Crossbell games being out before CS3.

Japanese Dating Sim
Nov 12, 2003

hehe
Lipstick Apathy

Zaggitz posted:

Don't expect to hear anything about Zero/Ao until after 3rd comes out, but I'd say our chances are good so far. The only legit impossibility is the Crossbell games being out before CS3.

Yeah, they won't really have any other Falcom games to do once Sky 3rd comes out, right? Since CS3's not even out in Japan yet. I know XSeed does other stuff too, but it seems like Falcom games are their biggest cash cow.

Decus
Feb 24, 2013
Unless CS3 is delayed I wouldn't expect them both before then, yeah.

I'll be curious to see what they end up doing with Zero/Ao. I felt confident about getting them the moment they announced 3rd, but have to wonder if CS has sold well enough on Vita to get them to consider trying their hand at their own Vita version of them.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Yeah, they won't really have any other Falcom games to do once Sky 3rd comes out, right? Since CS3's not even out in Japan yet. I know XSeed does other stuff too, but it seems like Falcom games are their biggest cash cow.

There's Ys 8 once the PS4 version hits in Japan. Otherwise Xanadu Next is already set to come out soon on Steam and Tokyo Xanadu got picked up by Aksys. An extremely idealized scenario is Zero coming out before CS3, and Ao afterwards, but I'll be happy just to see them come out eventually.

Decus posted:

Unless CS3 is delayed I wouldn't expect them both before then, yeah.

I'll be curious to see what they end up doing with Zero/Ao. I felt confident about getting them the moment they announced 3rd, but have to wonder if CS has sold well enough on Vita to get them to consider trying their hand at their own Vita version of them.

Unless Falcom themselves puts out their own vita version of Zero and Ao, which is not gonna happen because Chara Ani already did, there is no fathomable way we will see Zero/Ao on anything but PC.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

It's been a joke for years, but seriously retailers aren't carrying vitas or vita games anymore. IIRC a lot of the rush to get CS1 and 2 out was due to the vita rapidly approaching the end of its life and the ps3 already in the ground. Like if they didn't do Cold Steel right now it would never get done.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
That sure is an aimable XL-size S-power craft with balance down on it. :catstare: Jesus, Millium. Just need to get her an actual master quartz for physical attackers, because for some reason her starting one is for caster-tanks..? Its ATS is as good as Canon, despite Millium being solidly meh at casting.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I like that the heroes and villains all get along so well when they're not trying to kill each other.

also Olivert and Victor are loving crazy men

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Really Pants posted:

I like that the heroes and villains all get along so well when they're not trying to kill each other.

The intermission was so good.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Speaking of the intermission, does the scene with Fie's old Jager pals change if you danced with her in CS1?

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

I'm starting to get real sick of finishing a Trails game, basking in the afterglow of how good it was, getting sad that it's all over, and then starting to crave the next unreleased/untranslated game almost immediately.

What I'm trying to say is Cold Steel 2 is good and this series is really good, please give me The 3rd tomorrow XSeed.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Super Jay Mann posted:

I'm starting to get real sick of finishing a Trails game, basking in the afterglow of how good it was, getting sad that it's all over, and then starting to crave the next unreleased/untranslated game almost immediately.

What I'm trying to say is Cold Steel 2 is good and this series is really good, please give me The 3rd tomorrow XSeed.

I know how you feel, but at the same time I can't help but think it's insane we went from 1/7 of these games being available in english to 4/7 with the 5th within earshot within the course of two years. We truly are living in the good timeline.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

For those of you who wanna know more about what exactly went down in the finale, but don't wanna go through NG+ for it, I just transcribed all the Black Records for a friend. Spoilers, obviously:

Black Records 1
Black Records 2
Black Records 3
Black Records 4
Black Records 5

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Weird question, but is Laura's mom ever mentioned?

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Endorph posted:

not that i can remember but i also haven't spend the 25 years required to read all the NPC dialogue

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)

Cake Attack posted:

not that i can remember but i also haven't spend the 25 years required to read all the NPC dialogue

I tried my hand at that, kind of, and as far as I know Laura's mom is never mentioned. I'm pretty sure I'd remember that.

Finally beat CS2 a few days ago. Due to the combination of my obsessions of talking to everyone twice after every plot event, keeping my entire party evenly-levelled, fighting most stuff I can't kill with a double field attack and doing as much optional stuff as I can, I probably had about 150 hours on the clock by the time the final ending rolled around. Yeah, that was crazy.

Really Pants posted:

Yeah, I liked how at the end of the intermission when your party and Olivier's gang has a stand-off with all the villains on top of the Pantagruel, Olivier suggests throwing a party instead of beating the hell out of each other and everyone except poor Duvalie takes a moment to seriously consider it.

Also, Bleublanc continues to top himself. Seriously B, you're stealing party members now? I'm fully expecting him to go Psycho Mantis on the player and ransomware the contents of people's memory cards/hard drives/cloud folders before the series is over.

As people said, XSeed refused to make an official statement about the Crossbell games, but there are several people at the company, Brittany foremost among them, who really, really want to take them up. The biggest issue is not the fact that there's no Japanese PC version of Azure right now. If Falcom can be convinced to let XSeed localize the Crossbell games, backporting the Japanese script into the Chinese PC version of Azure and giving XSeed access to that is a relatively minor hurdle. The biggest issues are simply the fact that both games are huge in terms of script size. Not as huge as SC, but significantly larger than the Cold Steel games. Also, Tom made it clear that since the Crossbell games will be PC only, the sales of Trails in the Sky 3rd (i.e: the only localized PC-only Trails game by that point) will be the most prominent argument they'll be taking to Falcom when the time comes to determine whether to take up Crossbell or not. Much more so than the Cold Steel sales, which will be less relevant due to them being on different consoles. So if you want the Crossbell games to have a serious chance of being brought over, buy Trails 3rd when it comes out. Don't wait on a sale, buy it on day one and if you have both a Steam account and a GOG account, friggin double-dip. And be sure to remind the no-PSP-no-buy crowd and the "eh, 3rd is only a bridge game and not that important, so I think I'll just skip that one"-crowd of the stakes whenever possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koguma
Sep 1, 2007

One of the Big Seven !!

Endorph posted:

Might have something to do with that fancy "S." in the middle of her name. :eyepop: