Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know
So how's Gem Boiz doing with tasks and seals? Blossums is at 8/12 for all but one at 9/12. Seals around 20k.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

seravid posted:

So how's Gem Boiz doing with tasks and seals? Blossums is at 8/12 for all but one at 9/12. Seals around 20k.

Bout the same I think. Seals are a little over 20k.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Bandire posted:

We only have the one spot and the longest inactive is 5 days.

Are you taking about Stacker? I just sent him an invite to check and he's in a guild.

I'm Stacker, I joined a pubbie guild since I didn't know how long it would be till a spot opened up. I've left it now so if you could send me another invite that would be awesome.

Does the game take ridiculously long to load for anyone else? Even after all the splash screen loading, it sits at the world map for at least 30 seconds with the spinner going before I can actually do anything. Galaxy S6.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

Vulpes posted:

I'm Stacker, I joined a pubbie guild since I didn't know how long it would be till a spot opened up. I've left it now so if you could send me another invite that would be awesome.

Does the game take ridiculously long to load for anyone else? Even after all the splash screen loading, it sits at the world map for at least 30 seconds with the spinner going before I can actually do anything. Galaxy S6.

Sorry man. Latina Pride already grabbed the one spot. Jump back in a pubbie guild for now and I'll keep you in mind when we have another opening.

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

Anyone else notice one of the new troops is a Dragotaur and is half man half dragon? Are there any other just ridiculous ones?

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Vulpes posted:

Yeah, the game is pretty bloated for sure. I have whatever that Samsung is is T-Mobile gives away as a freebie and it's a bit faster than what you described. Even on a modern PC with an SSD the game still takes way too long for what it is. And don't get me started on the auto-pause crap whenever you switch to another window. Terrible design. And yet...Puzzle Quest :(

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I'm still going through the long process of maxing cities, but once I'm through with that I'll start donating way more to Gem Boiz. I still threw in around 50k this week, but I think I could do 200-300 if I didn't need stats.

BetterWeirdthanDead
Mar 7, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Welcome to Khorvash week!

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

What in the hell does this bar mean? I haven't been able to figure it out.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
Progress towards your next star of kingdom power. On iOS, at least, it's slightly bugged and doesn't update until you restart the app.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Grundulum posted:

Progress towards your next star of kingdom power. On iOS, at least, it's slightly bugged and doesn't update until you restart the app.

Ah ok got it thanks!

voodoo dog
Jun 6, 2001

Gun Saliva

BetterWeirdthanDead posted:

Welcome to Khorvash week!
Indeed, not looking forward to that.. Did trait out my own as well, though, so I guess I'm part of the problem.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Wuntvor posted:

Indeed, not looking forward to that.. Did trait out my own as well, though, so I guess I'm part of the problem.

I'm grinding to trait out my Gorgotha and then I'll be part of the problem. Still need to trait out Mab though, so that team is purely Explore/Story for now.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
Has anyone tried to use a guardian yet?

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Is there a good wiki or website with team strategies? Ive got a flood of units after getting guild keys and no idea who works with what.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

The Tacet fellow on youtube is pretty good. He already posted a few Guardian teams and, more importantly, mentioned that the first Valkyrie alternative (named Dragon Soul) will be available next week, so better save up those event keys.

seravid fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Sep 20, 2016

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
Dragon Soul is in gem chests this week (pulled one with one of my guild task keys :toot:). Presumably it's also in glory/VIP chests also.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Oh, I thought there was no way to get it for now. Do you have yours up and running?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Grundulum posted:

Dragon Soul is in gem chests this week (pulled one with one of my guild task keys :toot:). Presumably it's also in glory/VIP chests also.

Yeah I just pulled a dragon soul from my gem chest pulls as well.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
Did they nerf Dragon Soul? I remember checking out the new troops on Monday, and his third trait was much more powerful. Something like that when it died there was a much higher chance of resurrection, but it would take over another dragon on your team.

Doc V
Mar 20, 2010

gromdul posted:

Did they nerf Dragon Soul? I remember checking out the new troops on Monday, and his third trait was much more powerful. Something like that when it died there was a much higher chance of resurrection, but it would take over another dragon on your team.

Dragon Soul's third trait was bugged and could reportedly crash the game, so the devs temporarily replaced it with Infernal King's third trait. It should go back to the way it was when they've fixed the problem.

ninguno
Jan 17, 2011
I guess I'm dense-- what are the seals about?

When you cash in 1500 seals in a single week you get to open the guild chest, which is powered up by how much everyone in the guild has contributed that week?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

ninguno posted:

I guess I'm dense-- what are the seals about?

When you cash in 1500 seals in a single week you get to open the guild chest, which is powered up by how much everyone in the guild has contributed that week?

Yes pretty much this. You want to wait to cash in the seals though till the guild has hit the 20k chest. Also you can stock pile seals so you don't have to spend all 1500 each week.

ninguno
Jan 17, 2011
are people actually hitting 1500 each week?

I felt like I played a lot last week and only got to 800 or 900. So for me the rollover is the opposite-- I'd theoretically only want to cash in every other week.

And ideally I guess everyone would cash in 1499 seals, to get the guild chest up, then cash in that last one on sunday morning while at church.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah I hit 1500 pretty easily. Also the seals accumulate as you collect them so you don't have to cash them in to upgrade the chest.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
Yeah, you should be collecting your seals regularly. They only get added to the guild's total when you collect, so if everyone waits until the last minute to collect all 1500 seals the guild chests will be worthless the other 6.9 days of the week.

You accumulate seals just like any other currency, and choose to spend them whenever. Gem Blossums actually hit 20,000 seals last week, so waiting till the 6th day is a good idea to maximize your chance at rare stuff.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
Boiz hit 20k as well. I only gathered about 500. 1500 is a generous cap, that only very dedicated poop-sockers will hit.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
You should see the official forums. Plenty of people complaining that their guild hit the 15.6 million gold limit, and the 40,000 seal limit, on the first day. What reason to play after that? :(

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
Do people bot in this game?

Blacula
Dec 22, 2008

The 1500 number is just a weekly earning limit, not a currency maximum.

The guild's total is just a virtual representation that goes up as you claim seals at a 1:1 ratio.

There is no benefit in waiting to claim seals, in fact it harms other guild members since the chest rewards might not hit a breakpoint.

You can also spend seals at any point like any other currency chest.

Something that I've been wondering: does ascending a troop affect their home kingdom's star progress at all, positively or negatively? Also, why is there no mass ascend button? Such a tedious process for multiple troops.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Blacula posted:

Something that I've been wondering: does ascending a troop affect their home kingdom's star progress at all, positively or negatively? Also, why is there no mass ascend button? Such a tedious process for multiple troops.

Not directly but it does raise the level cap for the troop and each level on a troop increases the point value of the home Kingdom so.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Jibo posted:

Not directly but it does raise the level cap for the troop and each level on a troop increases the point value of the home Kingdom so.

The detailed breakdown in the kingdom tab has a score tabulation for "ascensions" so it seems like it might affect your kingdom level calculation.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

Emron posted:

The detailed breakdown in the kingdom tab has a score tabulation for "ascensions" so it seems like it might affect your kingdom level calculation.

I'm going to need a screenshot of this.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Got a Dragon Soul from a glory chest :getin:

Val will finally be taking a well-deserved vacation.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Grundulum posted:

I'm going to need a screenshot of this.

I don't have the game on my phone, I'll post it when I get home.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Double posting to say I'm super dumb and misremembered "traits" as "ascensions." My bad!

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

The Last Active tracker changed with the guild update. If you sort by activity in the main Roster list, it actually shows the time of the last login. If you click that player's profile it still tells you by last battle like it used to elsewhere.

For example we have someone in Gem Boiz with last active at 3 days, but last battle at 20.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

That's pretty handy.

Kevos Setzer
Dec 1, 2004

I can transform, right?
If you're playing right now, try going to the shop, hitting Redeem Code, and entering WEREWOLVES (all caps). It's good for three of each minor traitstone, a gem key, and some souls and gold. I saw it in the general chat a few minutes ago, but I don't know how long these codes last.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Kevos Setzer posted:

If you're playing right now, try going to the shop, hitting Redeem Code, and entering WEREWOLVES (all caps). It's good for three of each minor traitstone, a gem key, and some souls and gold. I saw it in the general chat a few minutes ago, but I don't know how long these codes last.

Didn't work for me it says it has been redeemed.