Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

We need to send more noise records to outer space, if they can figure out how to get through the barbed wire and sandpaper without destroying the vinyl then they're worth contacting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
we should have hosed with the aliens and sent them jack white

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

stay depressed posted:

we should have hosed with the aliens and sent them jack white

"Third Man Records is proud to announce the new limited edition Jack White single "My Doorbell". This new pressing is not a re-recording of the White Stripes hit but rather an actual recording of Jack White's doorbell. It will be a limited edition of 33 and only available at the Third Man Records store on the moon of Gamma Theetan Seven. The record will be pressed from actual moon dust and will sell for $150."

Pingiivi
Mar 26, 2010

Straight into the iris!
Also Daft Punk's Da Funk is released as a picture disc maxi single thing. And it costs £50. Holy poo poo.

https://www.vfeditions.com/product/view/337

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
Hahahah what the hell, can't you pickup Da Funk for like 5 bucks?

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.
Spaceships can use copies of Whipped Cream as heat shields I guess.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Snowy posted:

It's not that hard to find a 16 player

uh what

anyway if they did that they'd get no sales, this is being sold to the all-capital-letters-and-exclamation-points science crowd.

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say

Dissapointed Owl posted:

Hahahah what the hell, can't you pickup Da Funk for like 5 bucks?

irrelevant, it's LIMITED so people will buy it

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal
A few of Becks early records are getting repressed and then the rest of them later. Hell yeah

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Barry posted:

A few of Becks early records are getting repressed and then the rest of them later. Hell yeah

Yeah, they started off with my two favorites too, Odelay and Sea Change. I saw that Vinyl Me, Please is doing a fancy looking edition of Odelay, but it's not cool enough to get me to sign up for that.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

CPL593H posted:

"Third Man Records is proud to announce the new limited edition Jack White single "My Doorbell". This new pressing is not a re-recording of the White Stripes hit but rather an actual recording of Jack White's doorbell. It will be a limited edition of 33 and only available at the Third Man Records store on the moon of Gamma Theetan Seven. The record will be pressed from actual moon dust and will sell for $150."

You jest, but this all sounds too plausible.

melvinthemopboy3
Sep 29, 2008
Selling some of my records on Discogs. Not a ton up there now, but I'll be uploading more throughout the weekend.

https://www.discogs.com/seller/ahamel7896/profile

Brexit the Frog
Aug 22, 2013

melvinthemopboy3 posted:

Selling some of my records on Discogs. Not a ton up there now, but I'll be uploading more throughout the weekend.

why would anyone ever get rid of the Liquid Sky OST

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.

melvinthemopboy3 posted:

Dat AoD soundtrack

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

strap on revenge posted:

irrelevant, it's LIMITED so people will buy it

My favorite part is that the magazine is called Toilet Paper so there's a sticker on the front of the clear sleeve that just says "TOILET PAPER" and then the picture disc has the words "poo poo" prominently displayed. It's like they're actively making fun of the kind of person who would buy it.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

so this came today and its gorgeous and I love it and we're going to get married

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

so this came today and its gorgeous and I love it and we're going to get married

That's awesome, I'm jealous :swoon:

Speaking of Bowie, I stopped by a flea market today and picked out three records I've been wanting. Ended up paying $24:

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
Man I'm jealous of that Blondie, those seem like some good finds!

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

The Devo record is fantastically underrated, I paid too much for my copy, but whatever.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Man I'm jealous of that Blondie, those seem like some good finds!

That's not a very hard record to find. There were a million copies of it floating out there.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Yeah, Parallel Lines can be had for fairly cheap, and it's a great album so people should get it.

Allen Wren posted:

The Devo record is fantastically underrated, I paid too much for my copy, but whatever.

I'd put it right up there with their first album, even though it's mostly songs that were way better live. Also, it finally completes my Pre-1983 Devo collection!

(New Traditionalists is on loan to a friend)

Brexit the Frog
Aug 22, 2013

wa27 posted:

Yeah, Parallel Lines can be had for fairly cheap, and it's a great album so people should get it.

I'd put it right up there with their first album, even though it's mostly songs that were way better live. Also, it finally completes my Pre-1983 Devo collection!

(New Traditionalists is on loan to a friend)

where's your Be Stiff EP soldier

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

BigFactory posted:

That's not a very hard record to find. There were a million copies of it floating out there.

I mean I've always figured but I've just never seen it at my local shop. I could find it online I'm sure easy enough but :effort:

Edit: I'm in a smallish town in N ID so I'm lucky to find anything thats even slightly offbeat and not Kris Kristofferson or Linda Rondstat or whatever. I about poo poo myself when I found some Kate Bush.

CHICKEN SHOES fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Sep 24, 2016

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

The only reason Duty Now for the Future isn't better than Q: Are We Not Men? is because Smart Patrol/Mr. DNA just isn't as good as Gut Feeling.

Hands down my favorite Devo track is Swelling Itching Brain, though.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Goddamn it, the new Caretaker album sold out in a day.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Enos Cabell posted:

Yeah, they started off with my two favorites too, Odelay and Sea Change. I saw that Vinyl Me, Please is doing a fancy looking edition of Odelay, but it's not cool enough to get me to sign up for that.

I wonder if the new pressing of Sea Change will be as good as the MoFi release. The fact that that album is getting a repress tempts me to sell my copy while people will still pay 300-400 dollars for it.

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012

caligulamprey posted:

I had my finger over the purchase button for that but, listening to the actual album, it wasn't as good and dynamic as Empty Bliss. People snatched it up like crazy because they think that it'll flip well, which it might, but I don't necessarily think it's worth crying over spilled milk.

Mystery Steve
Nov 9, 2006
Fun Shoe
Picked up a copy of Gerrit Welmers (of Future Islands) 7th solo album Moss of Aura - We'll all collide.

If you're familiar with Future Islands third album Singles you could easily confuse this for a collection of of B sides or instrumentals that didn't make the cut minus the husky lead vocals and with an added pinch of electric guitar, really enjoyable, dreamy synth.

Also found this gem the other week.

Suit and Tie
May 19, 2009

caligulamprey posted:

If you act quickly, theres a small November re-press up on boomkat.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Mystery Steve posted:

Picked up a copy of Gerrit Welmers (of Future Islands) 7th solo album Moss of Aura - We'll all collide.

If you're familiar with Future Islands third album Singles you could easily confuse this for a collection of of B sides or instrumentals that didn't make the cut minus the husky lead vocals and with an added pinch of electric guitar, really enjoyable, dreamy synth.

We're Only In It For The Money!

Mace Bacon
Apr 16, 2008

YOU'RE SLEEPING HERE? IS THIS WHERE YOU'RE SLEEPING? HUH?!

Mystery Steve posted:

Also found this gem the other week.

Quad Moog? This is hitting all my buttons

Mystery Steve
Nov 9, 2006
Fun Shoe
It's not quad, it's stereo, I think the phase 4 had something to do with number of channels in recording/mixing process that simulated quad.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Does anyone in here have a quad system? They gotta be rare as gently caress.

Mystery Steve
Nov 9, 2006
Fun Shoe
I thought you just needed a quad cartridge and a receiver that could handle quad? My grandmother had a poo poo tonne of 8 track cassettes I vaguely remember a few of them being marked as quadraphonic.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
Found some stuff today, including Blondie after just saying I could never find any (of course), and incidentally some Devo as well.

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.
I didn't think I was going to end up with a copy of this, but I did!

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Found some stuff today, including Blondie after just saying I could never find any (of course), and incidentally some Devo as well.

Street Hassle rules. Good choice.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

CPL593H posted:

Street Hassle rules. Good choice.

Great song to play on touchtune jukeboxes if you want to piss off a bad bar before leaving too

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
I love my super drugged out 70s music and lovely 80s pop what can I say

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light