Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
First Play Build
Turtle
No Shield Melee
Caster
Kaz, what should I do. Tell me like you used to
View Results

• Locked thread
PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

nice. nice. nice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

i love that there are enough people palying my summon signs actually get used. its such a great way to be helpful to others and also practice bosses...this fuckin tree seems really hard but after helping some other people i'm starting to get his patterns

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
the tree is fun, esp co-op. hitting it in its nuts for max damage ftw.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Cooping the tree is so much fun. Big fan of when it grabs two people and the third is left madly swinging at the balls

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

HolePisser1982 posted:

Cooping the tree is so much fun. Big fan of when it grabs two people and the third is left madly swinging at the balls

lol, yeah

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

sector_corrector posted:

i've heard a rumor it's going to be for the upgraded ps4, which is lovely

I thought Sony explicitly said there will be no games that are ps4 pro exclusive

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

I thought Sony explicitly said there will be no games that are ps4 pro exclusive

they did but who knows

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

just helped 4 people with the big tree, still haven't done it on my own guy...i love being a sun friend. good exp, good way to learn fights, owns bones

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Frog Act posted:

just helped 4 people with the big tree, still haven't done it on my own guy...i love being a sun friend. good exp, good way to learn fights, owns bones

i helped so many people on the hardest ds3 boss and it made for some great moments

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

In Training posted:

You'll unlock it after a certain point

That boss is optional tho

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I've started a new 3 character twice. Both times I stopped after vordt had played bloodborne insteaad

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

where do i go after the big tree man

beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

If you follow the path out of the big tree guy area down the hill, there's a building to explore across a bridge to the left.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

beepstreet posted:

If you follow the path out of the big tree guy area down the hill, there's a building to explore across a bridge to the left.

hm, i already talked to the big giant guy with the bow and made peace with him and there aren't any obvious signs about my next step

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
did you meet another old friend yet?

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

sector_corrector posted:

did you meet another old friend yet?

nobody springs to mind i dont think so...just an old lady, a dude with a big hammer, siegward, and a giant

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Oh I see, gotta go flip off the elevator at the right floor and hang w/siegward

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

I fuckin hate that people do this so often:

also, lol at the autocensoring, this dude was actually very helpful and we cooped the tree together

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

K***ht is probably the funniest thing in DS3

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

im gonna go into the dlc 100% blind so im gonna avoid all dark souls media till it's out

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

In Training posted:

K***ht is probably the funniest thing in DS3

The fact that it was in DS2 as well and nobody thought in the interim about how people might want to go by the name "Knight" in this medieval game about brave men in armour going on quests to sword fight each other is extremely funny to me

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

The fact that it was in DS2 as well and nobody thought in the interim about how people might want to go by the name "Knight" in this medieval game about brave men in armour going on quests to sword fight each other is extremely funny to me

They're Japanese so I imagine they just looked up offensive words and used that for the filter

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

i laugh whenever i see it censor "ead", as that's a really insane and obscure way to tell someone to eat a dick

Soral
May 30, 2009

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

This image is beyond wonderful :allears:

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

handy tool for checking character names
https://omgftw.github.io/DarkSouls3CensorCheck/

I make a bazillion characters in these games so I probably get more use out of it than most

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

why does one get filtered but not the other?

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

you can get around it with elite hacks I think

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

are the Crucifixion Woods like a pvp hub? i dropped my summon right by the first bonfire before the spear guys and got summoned like 10 times in a row with no delay in between to help people with red invaders, purple invaders, and these weird blue invaders (watchers of farron?). it was actually a lot of fun, i'm using the Grass Crest Shield and an Astora Sword +3 in the Fallen Knight set, and I'm actually holding my own in pvp, in that i won like 6 or 7 of the ten fights. did some really good backstabs and managed to use those instant-use fire resins to pretty good effect while two-handing my sword

pvp is intense. i don tlike being invaded, but i like helping other people destroy evil invading fun haters

the shameful loss was to White Jesus, a half naked whip wielding mad phantom, who tricked me into getting caught up with a monster and then whipped me to death with soem kind of nutty whip spinning maneuver

Frog Act fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Sep 25, 2016

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

quote:

I once "summoned" a handful of invaders (Dried Finger) to my wedding, even dressed up in the Maidens/Antiquated set. Had a giant heart made of Prism Stones in front of the altar. They all cheered as I exchanged my vows straight into Anri's face.
Then a Blue showed up behind them with Forbidden Sun and ruined everything :D
I would have done Collapse gesture but the remaining Red closed his invasion out with a well-aimed Great Club R2-R1! GG man.

Soral
May 30, 2009

yeah its a popular summon spot because its also an area defense invasion location. the weird pastel blue phantoms with the red sheen/glow are area defenders (like anor londo blue cops / forest defender guys from dark souls 1 and bell guys from dark souls 2)

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

good astora straight sword combo for when youre doing work in the swamp: r1, r1, r2. the strong attack will almost always hit a player who's rolling backwards to break the r1's, and since thrust/poke attacks do extra counter damage, it'll leave an invader with a huge chunk of their lifebar taken out

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

the other cool tip i learned is that katanas have a huge jump attack if youre locked onto an enemy. it feels cool getting that extra like second of airtime

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Frog Act posted:

are the Crucifixion Woods like a pvp hub? i dropped my summon right by the first bonfire before the spear guys and got summoned like 10 times in a row with no delay in between to help people with red invaders, purple invaders, and these weird blue invaders (watchers of farron?). it was actually a lot of fun, i'm using the Grass Crest Shield and an Astora Sword +3 in the Fallen Knight set, and I'm actually holding my own in pvp, in that i won like 6 or 7 of the ten fights. did some really good backstabs and managed to use those instant-use fire resins to pretty good effect while two-handing my sword

pvp is intense. i don tlike being invaded, but i like helping other people destroy evil invading fun haters

the shameful loss was to White Jesus, a half naked whip wielding mad phantom, who tricked me into getting caught up with a monster and then whipped me to death with soem kind of nutty whip spinning maneuver

you ever seen the warriors? where that guy gets killed, and every gang now has an excuse to pile on to a huge loving war to air out all of their grievances? crucifixion woods is like that.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Whip users always destroy me in seconds. They're powerful people and not to be underestimated

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
should i hold off on finishing my current build run and save it for the DLC or start a fresh character when it drops

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

bump_fn posted:

should i hold off on finishing my current build run and save it for the DLC or start a fresh character when it drops

if it's anything like all of the previous DLC, it really only matters that you haven't gone to NG+ yet. so whatever seems like the most fun to you.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've got two characters ready, the guy I first beat the game with and my Mage guy who I've been using for the plat so I figure I'll clear it wth the OG guy and use the mage to scour it for trophies

Soral
May 30, 2009

i've had a guy sitting at level 100 in the kiln for a while so i can jump in asap but decided recently that i'd start working on a second character and leave them off near the mid-game so i can try to experience the dlc from when it would naturally occur in game progression if the entrance works like the old hunters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

im gonna start fresh whn the dlc hits, mayb e do a dex quality build so i cn farron's greatsword

• Locked thread