Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

You are a horrible person.

That looks an awful lot like it was shot on VHS. Or run through an overly zealous HDR-mapping filter. Or both.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
i'm sorry chris, but we simply can't fart out a single mission and a few cutscenes 3 months after the entire game is supposed to be released

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Marching Powder posted:

i'm sorry chris, but we simply can't fart out a single mission and a few cutscenes 3 months after the entire game is supposed to be released

2 years

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Working seven days a week just to get poo poo together for their annual gathering of the gullible and mentally unstable... How is anyone tolerating that. It sounds like hell. Especially when you know a famed gaming wonder kid could swan in at any moment and start demanding idiotic changes before going on video to flap his gums and promise another entire game worth of features.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

alphabettitouretti posted:

Working seven days a week just to get poo poo together for their annual gathering of the gullible and mentally unstable... How is anyone tolerating that. It sounds like hell. Especially when you know a famed gaming wonder kid could swan in at any moment and start demanding idiotic changes before going on video to flap his gums and promise another entire game worth of features.

Anyone with talent basically burns out in 6-12 months.

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

Idunno if I could stand that, which makes me feel really privileged to have my job.

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

TheAgent posted:

hello
  • no 3.0 this year (duh), release date is now "after [a significant portion of] SQ42 is released"
  • ship sales will continue
  • there's yet another new studio involved (most likely contractors/outside dev pool) for planet artwork/maps
  • "The Squadron 42 [Prelude] has to hit its [Q1 2017] goal. No more excuses." unsure who, just listed as "top exec"
  • a lot of mocap issues with translating them directly into the game, mostly due to character and players size (?? not sure what this means)
  • "Expect a lot of cutscenes."
  • mocapped characters are fine stationary (sitting, standing, etc) but currently anything involving complex animation makes the models freak out, mostly clipping and clothes problems (still)
  • certain characters have several (reported up to six!) different models, as certain scenes had to use entirely different models for the same character due to model size, lod and poor mocap translation
  • specific reshoots using stand ins for A list actors are ongoing, mostly animation, actions and poses (still occurring as of q3 2016)
  • FPS AI still murders everything through walls, doors, whatever
  • certain departments continue to pump out work at an incredible rate while others snail behind, causing back up and necessary "refactoring" when certain elements do not work or had scope change
  • heads of department told to "turtle" and avoid outside influences (?? wtf)
  • they can't get the intricate damage model to work in SP/MP at all yet, ships continue to randomly jumble themselves to death

citcon
  • crunch time continues for all studios, many people are working seven days a week for the citcon showing
  • companion app with $ to ingame currency purchases, chat, etc (design phase only, citcon slide)
  • new A list cutscene, wrapped shooting july 2016 (majority of overtime is spent working on this)
  • touting multiple SQ42 endings on one citcon slide, also says it directly affects SC world/player character
  • FPS purchasable classes still a thing and one of the major things they are revealing
  • SQ42 prelude still listed as march 2017
  • ^ "no way we'll hit that deadline" ^
  • Roberts: 2.6 should be playable at Citcon
  • nothing playable at this time, live streams still using 2.5

Glad to see you pop up from hiding TheAgent, now we know the Inquisition hasn't caught you.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
i really want to know where it is. the tipping point for this clown car. it's easy to think that cig is able to gently caress up with impunity, but we've had a 10k backer refund with a hilarious accompanying begging letter indicating that a) cracks are showing for the insanely invested and b) cig are more than a little desperate.

according to theagent, 3.0 after the prelude, so q3 / q4 2017 at the earliest, with expectations for the netcode refactor already pre-lowered saying the fully operational netcode refactor isn't due until 3.1 (or even later!) so star citizen will almost certainly be a completely broken tech demo into 2018. and even if they fix the netcode issue (for 16 players), they still have to design and implement the most ambitious game of all time in 2 years for 2020.

cool.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Chrisopeter Molynbert

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Marching Powder posted:

i really want to know where it is. the tipping point for this clown car.

Fortunately for CIG, new retarded spergs desperate to escape their pathetic lives discover Star Citizen every day.

Plus the existing retarded spergs desperate to escape their pathetic lives continue to buy new space ships, and soon new FPS classes.

CIG just needs to keep on keeping on.

sorla78
Oct 11, 2012

EAT THE PAIN AWAY!

Tippis posted:

There's some wiggle to the ears, I suppose, but it's as if they only animated a very narrow front section of one of the most plastic parts of the human body. :magical:

Chris Roberts is never going to be satisfied with the current quality levels one year back in the future. it's an infinite loop.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

happyhippy posted:

Chrisopeter Molynbert

:haw: well done.

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
yeah we are selling fps classes

sorla78
Oct 11, 2012

EAT THE PAIN AWAY!

Nation posted:

yeah we are selling fps classes

So what's the FPS Completionist package going to cost?

Edit:
I am looking forward to all those newly fiscally invested FPS citizens battle it out against the Space Sim citizens over whose visions deserves more attention by Chris Roberts.

sorla78 fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Sep 22, 2016

boviscopophobic
Feb 5, 2016

sorla78 posted:

How much is in your bank account? That much.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
I'm almost amazed it's taken this long for them to poo poo out a virtual store app.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
star citizen : "Expect a lot of cutscenes."

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

sorla78 posted:

Half a crate of mo-cap ping pong balls, or half a designer table leg.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

sorla78 posted:

The fps being confirmed was where I knew this project was over. I stuck around out of morbid curiosity for a while and then Derek motivated me to get a refund. I didn't want to reward these wasteful idiots more than I already had. :(

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

Marching Powder posted:

according to theagent, 3.0 after the prelude, so q3 / q4 2017 at the earliest, with expectations for the netcode refactor already pre-lowered saying the fully operational netcode refactor isn't due until 3.1 (or even later!) so star citizen will almost certainly be a completely broken tech demo into 2018. and even if they fix the netcode issue (for 16 players), they still have to design and implement the most ambitious game of all time in 2 years for 2020.

cool.
the hope is to release SQ42, which will retain players and continue to grow their base while they work on the major problems of SC. SC ship sales and some single player sales (models, skins, ships, va packs, etc) to continue to bring in revenue

they will be pushing a new subscription thing at citcon too, btw

it supposedly rewards sub only campaign missions, fps classes, certain ships, etc

TheAgent fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Sep 23, 2016

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

D1E posted:

Fortunately for CIG, new retarded spergs desperate to escape their pathetic lives discover Star Citizen every day.

Plus the existing retarded spergs desperate to escape their pathetic lives continue to buy new space ships, and soon new FPS classes.

CIG just needs to keep on keeping on.

there is only a finite number of fully autistic people desperate for a non-real game to give them a sense of belonging. i believe we're near saturation. the existing spergs are currently fighting to be told as little as possible as to the actual state of the game, and while this could be because they are just impossibly retarded, i'm going to take the optimistic route and say it's indicative of something much larger in their collective psyche. those company lines they keep trotting out are looking more and more stupid with each passing incompetence, and vigorously defending it online is actually, i imagine, extremely draining, even for holy warriors.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

I'm amazed that they still have not made it possible to invite others to your hangar - I thought this was on the card ages ago - and was a big reason why people would buy all the flair poo poo and other stuff for their hangars so that when they invited their friends to their hangar they could show off their e-dick.

Am I right, still not able to visit other peoples hangars?

Promise broken, I'm not surprized.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
A new spin on horse armor dlc, except in space. Revolutionary!

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
they are selling fps classes no doubt before they release s42 [prelude] (lol) heheheheee

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug
Nah, I think we will be silenced tomorrow.
It's going to be like 95% done and we all will be hiding from the backlash for not believing.

This xmas we will be all playing it.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

happyhippy posted:

Nah, I think we will be silenced tomorrow.
It's going to be like 95% done and we all will be hiding from the backlash for not believing.

This xmas we will be all playing it.

I would be overjoyed. It would make Eve online look well thought-out and the shenanigans would be just amazing.

I want to believe.

sorla78
Oct 11, 2012

EAT THE PAIN AWAY!

Lime Tonics posted:

A new spin on horse armor dlc, except in space. Revolutionary!

There's so much potential - sell face fidelity - Tier 0 face quality costs you 500 bucks. smirk it. (lifetime botox injections included - you don't what that smile to wear out, do you?)

sorla78 fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Sep 23, 2016

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

TheAgent posted:

the hope is to release SQ42, which will retain players and continue to grow their base while they work on the major problems of SC. SC ship sales and some single player sales (models, skins, ships, va packs, etc) to continue to bring in revenue

i seriously think the release of s42 would be an ele. i cannot imagine it being anything other than derivative, gimmicky garbage that will get a huge critical paddling.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Nation posted:

they are selling fps classes no doubt before they release s42 [prelude] (lol) heheheheee
I'm actually surprised they didnt reveal that at gamescom since its been talked about since july

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

Marching Powder posted:

i seriously think the release of s42 would be an ele. i cannot imagine it being anything other than derivative, gimmicky garbage that will get a huge critical paddling.

Actual release of literally anything would be an ELE. If Chris is smart he's got a nice nest egg that Sandi can't touch so he can skip the country when it all crumbles.

sorla78
Oct 11, 2012

EAT THE PAIN AWAY!
Regarding that planetary art outsourcing shop: what happened to the magic brush that let's any environment artist finish a planet in one hour? Citizens will be outraged. (or happy because more fidelity... even if it means never playing the game)

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

TheAgent posted:

they will be pushing a new subscription thing at citcon too, btw

it supposedly rewards sub only campaign missions, fps classes, certain ships, etc

Don't they already have a subscription service? So this is a new, separate subscription, and it would be technically possible to be giving CIG two sub fees per month for this non-game?

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
SO the car dealership is almost done?

WHEN CAN I BUY MY SPACE CONDO SO I CAN STORE MY SPACE LAWNMOWER IN SPACE!

space.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Drunk Theory posted:

Don't they already have a subscription service? So this is a new, separate subscription, and it would be technically possible to be giving CIG two sub fees per month for this non-game?
they actually have two tiers of sub, this will replace both using the highest tier price

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

What the gently caress is that noise when Chris claps?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7GG0y8Jmcs&t=684s

The guy can't even develop a clap (even with Sandi next to him)

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

TheAgent posted:

they actually have two tiers of sub, this will replace both using the highest tier price

:aaa: ah ha ha ha. gently caress yes. CIG is the best.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

TheAgent posted:

Revolutionary.

sorla78
Oct 11, 2012

EAT THE PAIN AWAY!

Drunk Theory posted:

I guess the underlying point is that they need to tackle operational expenditure and as such recurring income from monthly subs is a way to bolster your situation- most probably they are also wanting to test acceptance levels as to what can monetized before there's outrage staged by betrayed citizens - fact is the current subscriber model doesn't really have a hook. most of the interesting content is being shared left and right. and the gimmicks that you get for the hangar. well they are gimmicks and what use does a hangar really have at this point of time? (and more interesting - how much poo poo can you stuff into that place until it looks like lesnicks's hoarder flat) and getting a thank you message after each RTV and ATV sessions kinda feels bland over time. (the rental poo poo in under construction commander isn't even worth mentioning)

so giving ingame stuff is actually a good way to tackle that (most media corporations in history) - citizens will feel offended because they will miss out on content or will regard the ship availability as unfair. so most probably it might lead to a shitstorm. and CIG will backtrack in some awkward way.

in a sense that could explain why they suddenly dust off arena commander and star marine is back on the table - if you make that your cash cow rather than the PU, citizens might let it slip (until they notice that most work is redirected to the stuff that pays everyones salary).

(I am sure that's what marketing phd sandi gardiner devised and ben and jarrod just about agree)

sorla78 fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Sep 23, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

• Locked thread