Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Lovechop posted:

enjoy your avatars friends

ahahahahaha this is so good lovechop i l u

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
I don't mind monte, and actually even like him a bit but he's a dickhead with little self awareness and his defense of lane swap metas ("standard lanes are boring, lane swaps are like a fine whiskey" or whatever the gently caress he said) is really bad

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
I need the smuggest possible MonteCristo avatar that exists with aligning quote. I'm not sure what the most arrogant thing he ever said was, but something along those lines.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Libertine posted:

I need the smuggest possible MonteCristo avatar that exists with aligning quote. I'm not sure what the most arrogant thing he ever said was, but something along those lines.

https://twitter.com/MonteCristo/status/776798488050798594

that having been said, him at worlds wearing that giant rear end belt buckle was really funny

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
It looks like he's drinking the punch my grandmother would make for graduation parties

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

henkman posted:

I don't mind monte, and actually even like him a bit but he's a dickhead with little self awareness and his defense of lane swap metas ("standard lanes are boring, lane swaps are like a fine whiskey" or whatever the gently caress he said) is really bad

Yea same I want to like him because he is good but can't anymore.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

wanna party with that grandma, henkman

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011

ill never forget the day my boy dude7597 got scooped by a yog run on a masster protal ffrunm assld prrfw

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

henkman posted:

It looks like he's drinking the punch my grandmother would make for graduation parties

White grape and ginger ale's a drat fine combination.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Vermain posted:

White grape and ginger ale's a drat fine combination.

I think she used pineapple juice and ginger ale, but yeah it's pretty good

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
A real solid refillable potion you can try at home is a 50-50 of red wine and red bull with a single or double shot of vodka dropped in depending on cup volume. That's the kind of beverage I enjoy with a cigar and a fine game involving an IWC team.

That Monte pic is probably good enough for an avatar. What are some of the most crazy smug things he's said though I'm going to have to find some real powerhouse quote.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

One of the things i like about monte is that he is willing to debase himself by dressing like an idiot on ogn, worlds, and every day of his normal life

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

mistaya posted:

(Why is there no :brazil: )

its up to you to make it
dont let your dreams be dreams

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Libertine posted:

A real solid refillable potion you can try at home is a 50-50 of red wine and red bull with a single or double shot of vodka dropped in depending on cup volume. That's the kind of beverage I enjoy with a cigar and a fine game involving an IWC team.

That Monte pic is probably good enough for an avatar. What are some of the most crazy smug things he's said though I'm going to have to find some real powerhouse quote.

Thanks to everyone for the support.

I definitely chose the hard road, but I am hoping it helps the industry grow in the long run.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Libertine posted:

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Those are both so good hahaha let me think on it I'll definitely lock it down soon

general anime
Jan 8, 2013

by Lowtax
tsm

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Lovechop posted:

enjoy your avatars friends

:laffo:

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK

Lovechop posted:

i wouldn't have been able to bring myself to change it. i almost couldnt change squid's but i remembered kog is his fav champ and he would probably like the best kog player as his pic

also i think wol has the best one. bs is like "drat! nice post"

Thanks now I can go ahead and say the stupidest poo poo because every time i post, brokenshard will eat my words

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Brokenshard dying to red buff while playing Police Officer Vi is one of the few professional League of Legends memories that's stuck with me over the years, and I have no idea why.

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos

mistaya posted:

I can't promise I'll keep it past worlds but I'll wear it with pride until then :911:

(Why is there no :brazil: )

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Rush is 9-30-1 in his last 40 games and is now 90 lp masters

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
Rush has been playing like poo poo the past two weeks.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

the streamer lifestyle.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Luna Was Here posted:

drat dicks assassin and jerkface Dodge bullets

Jerkface's av is already really good, but drat i could have used one. pro lol forums posters, do your worst :twisted:

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
An av isn't something you just ASK for...smdh

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

dicks assassin posted:

Jerkface's av is already really good, but drat i could have used one. pro lol forums posters, do your worst :twisted:

"Do your worst thread, I'd just hate it if someone spent ten dollars on me, oh no!!!!! I hope no one does that!!!! :wink:"

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i dont know if people are still salty as gently caress about china or they only looked at the lpl final results but apparently people think uzi had a bad season and just, lmao. mata under performed but people still think dade is good so.

edit: "china ruined _____" is the weirdest straw man in league and i find it utterly bizarre. i started watching it bc heart and imp were both my favorite players and they moved over there, and i ended up enjoying it which is great, but people are so invested in a weird narrative about how the league "ruined" players who "got lazy because they got paid" (man thats a fuckin hoary old classic real sports chestnut right there) when its just meta changes primarily. i bet you flame would actually be pretty good this season but he's in LZIM prison

rabidsquid fucked around with this message at 12:43 on Sep 23, 2016

stump collector
May 28, 2007
the only man who could ruin doinb is himself

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

rabidsquid posted:

i dont know if people are still salty as gently caress about china or they only looked at the lpl final results but apparently people think uzi had a bad season and just, lmao. mata under performed but people still think dade is good so.

edit: "china ruined _____" is the weirdest straw man in league and i find it utterly bizarre. i started watching it bc heart and imp were both my favorite players and they moved over there, and i ended up enjoying it which is great, but people are so invested in a weird narrative about how the league "ruined" players who "got lazy because they got paid" (man thats a fuckin hoary old classic real sports chestnut right there) when its just meta changes primarily. i bet you flame would actually be pretty good this season but he's in LZIM prison

At first I wasn't sure, but yes, it fits perfectly

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

People keep asking who I pissed off. I'm not the one who went 0-16 damnit! :argh:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I have a lot of people upset that my confession av is gone. I got 1-5 a day with it so my PMs are empty :(

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK

rabidsquid posted:

Gotta keep players sleeping under the staircase like Harry loving Potter or they'll just lose that hunger for gold, man.

What a load of crap. I don't know where all these dumb opinions you keep mentioning come from (Reddit? Twitter?) but it's good to know the average level of pro League discourse is apparently on twitch chat level.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Powercrazy posted:

Rush has been playing like poo poo the past two weeks.

He definitely lives upto his name Tilt lord. I have seen few players tilt as hard as him but when he is playing good imo his mechanics are better than most LCK junglers. This guy has some of the best reactions I've seen. Even though his laning phase on adc is garbage he spellshields every Lucian q, Lissandra ult, Lee Sin ult and he says when he does it. Just the plays he makes on Lee in soloq every game is like a highlight play thats why you see Reddit always with random Rush clips.

If he played other champs than Lee more maybe he would be decent on them but he always feeds on Kindred/Reksai then doesn't play them after 1 game.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
China's always had really good players and there's no doubt that Clearlove might be the best jungler in the world right now, but China never had the infrastructure to actually be the best teams in the world. Infrastructure (Like good coaching and solid analysts) are the difference between Uzi being one of the 8 best ADC in the world and Uzi being the best ADC of all time.

Even importing the entire two best teams of 2014 along with some of the best players in Korea and dropping them into Chinese teams didn't do it for them because of a myriad of problems from lack of discipline in the Korean players, uneasiness between Korean/Chinese players, homesickness or inability to adapt to Chinese lifestyles and lots of players just entirely lost motivation on middling Chinese teams and going from best in the world to struggling on LPL Challenger teams. The allure to Koreans going to China was never a better chance at World's for most, it was just the easiest payday of their life as they're getting paid more now to sit in sixth than they would have made winning a World Championship in Korea. When you're coming from the most competitive and dominant region in the world to a region that fights all the time and players are sloppier your skills may start to deteriorate over time, and moving to another region after you've already been sinking doesn't always mean you're suddenly going to become the best jungler in the world again. Spirit is struggling in EU to catch up to Trick, while it took almost 2 years for Impact to go back to looking World Class again in NA.

And I don't think Flame would be a top 4 laner in this season unless a team had been built around him like CJ Blaze was. Helios was basically camping his lane and Blaze would let him absorb all resources and stall games out until he could solo carry from having 6 items before anyone on the map did. That type of playstyle of funneling all the resources into one single player is really risky now, on top of the meta shifting even faster and faster than it was while Flame was at his prime, so while one patch he could have been the best top laner in the world and 1v9'ing with Fiora, the next he could be struggling to play Gnar again because his two strongest champions got nerfed and the meta shifted. Flame in his prime is not as good as Duke or Marin who did the same things he did while actually being starved because of lane swaps.

China hasn't won worlds because their team structure still isn't as good as Korea's top teams and importing two Koreans and a coach isn't going to magically create the strongest team in the world.

This is China's best chance to win World's. Tigers didn't look immortal in playoffs, SKT were struggling but always perform at World's, and Samsung doesn't look all that outstanding either. But at the same time, I think Flash Wolves, TSM, and G2 have a chance to upset a lot of favorites to win, too.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
i'd wager that burnout from extreme amounts of games in LPL and contracts with streaming requirements probably had more to do with china's 2015 than not having anyone who understands the game or players ruining it with their bad attitudes

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

rabidsquid posted:

ahahahahaha this is so good lovechop i l u

oh my god excellent work lovechop

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

I don't watch a lot of LCK, or even league period these days, but I don't think it's fair to say Flame isn't as good as the two SKT top laners. Like obviously you're going to appear to play better when a slump season for your team still ends up with a Worlds spot.

Has Marin even done anything since leaving last year?

e: I am nitpicking your post, but everything else made sense

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Flame legit isn't good and I hope he enjoyed making 200,000,000 million dollars riding the bench or whatever because hes not winning anything ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Work Friend Keven posted:

Flame legit isn't good and I hope he enjoyed making 200,000,000 million dollars riding the bench or whatever because hes not winning anything ever.

he spent it all on expensive face creams and moisturising products and now he's broke again

• Locked thread