Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Night10194 posted:

What the hell terrorism do they even *seem* to do? They just hold protests.

S---s--s-s-someone spraypainted "black lives matter" on a wall in North Carolina!

Also those occasional traffic-blocking protests about killer cops really frustrate white garbage people and all black people are the same to them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beatlegs
Mar 11, 2001

Night10194 posted:

that one time a small group of them said "pigs in a blanket, fry em like bacon". After that no cop ever felt safe

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Night10194 posted:

Being darker than balsa wood and vocally dissatisfied is the most horrifying thing to a self deluded white racist. They think that the dark people are really wild animals waiting to explode, so showing any kind of anger makes them assume you're getting ready to start raping, pillaging, and burning all they have. They can't process the idea that you could possibly be a human like them, so they basically see you as just itching to stop pretending and give into your savage nature. It's a big part of why President Obama absolutely has to keep his emotions under control at all times, no matter how childish or openly bigoted his opponents are.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Geostomp posted:

Being darker than balsa wood and vocally dissatisfied is the most horrifying thing to a self deluded white racist. They think that the dark people are really wild animals waiting to explode, so showing any kind of anger makes them assume you're getting ready to start raping, pillaging, and burning all they have. They can't process the idea that you could possibly be a human like them, so they basically see you as just itching to stop pretending and give into your savage nature. It's a big part of why President Obama absolutely has to keep his emotions under control at all times, no matter how childish or openly bigoted his opponents are.

One of the most exciting things about marching in protests of police killings is watching middle-class white people see a bunch of black people who aren't smiling look confused for a second and then just bolt the other way. It's like seeing the Harvard Implicit Association test in action in real time.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I think I figured it out... they see every negative thing perpetrated by black people in the US as the work of BLM.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
I don't even know what the gently caress to say anymore.

Mike Pence posted:

Donald Trump and I believe that there's been far too much talk of institutional bias or racism within law enforcement

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Insert Kelly comic about race here.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Trump knows he's not winning the black vote to begin with so he's trying to make the most of it.

Sarcastr0
May 29, 2013

WON'T SOMEBODY PLEASE THINK OF THE BILLIONAIRES ?!?!?

Goatman Sacks posted:

Capital is never innocent.
:wtc:

Sarcastr0 fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Sep 23, 2016

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

I feel for Walsh's kids and soon to be 3rd

The poo poo he must expose them to

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

i want tim kaine to clown this guy so loving badly

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

I feel for Walsh's kids and soon to be 3rd

The poo poo he must expose them to

Matt Walsh stores his children in giant coffin-sized Tupperware containers, like that one episode of Eerie, Indiana.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Instant Sunrise posted:

i want tim kaine to clown this guy so loving badly

He will. Especially as it's pretty clear Pence is genuinely stupid.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Can't wait to see Scott Adams explain how this is actually great for Trump and even more blacks will flock to his side now.

Big Hubris
Mar 8, 2011

Chilichimp posted:

I think I figured it out... they see every negative thing perpetrated by black people in the US as the work of BLM.

The current enemy is the greatest enemy and all antagonism stems from it. Reread 1984/PJ's posts about the Bypasses anytime you're confused by the actions of Narrativists.
e:This very idea is actually often represented as octopus or hydra symbolism in the iconic art/diagrams/propaganda of Narrativist groups.

Big Hubris fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Sep 23, 2016

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
I'm going to be so hanging around Kaine signs when the VP debates hit. I'm going to see how many people in my area care about State representation over political sides by just going full Tim Teamster that day.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

He's desperate to reach out to all the racists.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Night10194 posted:

They also hold BLM responsible for any and all rioting and looting.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Night10194 posted:

He will. Especially as it's pretty clear Pence is genuinely stupid.

I have seen no indication that Kaine can debate or do anything other than be mayonnaise on whitebread.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

HootTheOwl posted:

They also hold BLM responsible for any and all rioting and looting.

Black Lives Matter is going to be a part of history like the Civil Rights Movement of the '60s in like, fifty odd years and they're still going to blame them whenever a black guy commits a crime.

ZobarStyl
Oct 24, 2005

This isn't a war, it's a moider.

HootTheOwl posted:

I have seen no indication that Kaine can debate or do anything other than be mayonnaise on whitebread.
It's not terribly hard to debate when your opponent is wrong about everything, a loving moron and is there on behalf of an unrepentant rear end in a top hat. Kaine is also assuredly doing prep with the campaign every day; he knows exactly how to hit Pence in a way that makes him have to either disavow a Trump statement or look like a cartoon villain. Meanwhile little to no prep will be done with Pence since Trump doesn't actually have a functional campaign so much as a grifting apparatus.

Combine that with the fact that the media doesn't have a good reason to inflate Pence (beyond the obvious horserace poo poo) and it'll be a bloodbath. With Palin they had subterranean expectations, and they didn't dunk on Ryan for fear of undermining their carefully crafted "Serious Policy Wonk Wunderkind Paul Ryan" narrative. I'm sure the NYT will have some weak poo poo headline about competing ideals but everyone else will be openly making GBS threads on Pence.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 200 days!

ZobarStyl posted:

It's not terribly hard to debate when your opponent is wrong about everything, a loving moron and is there on behalf of an unrepentant rear end in a top hat. Kaine is also assuredly doing prep with the campaign every day; he knows exactly how to hit Pence in a way that makes him have to either disavow a Trump statement or look like a cartoon villain. Meanwhile little to no prep will be done with Pence since Trump doesn't actually have a functional campaign so much as a grifting apparatus.

Combine that with the fact that the media doesn't have a good reason to inflate Pence (beyond the obvious horserace poo poo) and it'll be a bloodbath. With Palin they had subterranean expectations, and they didn't dunk on Ryan for fear of undermining their carefully crafted "Serious Policy Wonk Wunderkind Paul Ryan" narrative. I'm sure the NYT will have some weak poo poo headline about competing ideals but everyone else will be openly making GBS threads on Pence.

I mean, the media actually thought Paul did well in his debate against Biden.

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

GreyjoyBastard posted:

There are parts of Chicago the police cannot enter without prominently carrying a pork sausage to offer up to the Polish mafia.

Leave the gun. Take the pierogi.

Bast Relief
Feb 21, 2006

by exmarx

SeANMcBAY posted:

He's black and making a statement during sports which is normally a time even racist white dudes will "tolerate" black people.

In remembering a story a friend once told me, I realize "tolerate" even in scare quotes, isn't quiiiiiiiiite right.

My friend had to drive his car from the East to the West coast. In the middle he stopped in a sports bar where the clientele were unabashedly saying all kinds of racist things. The one quote that stuck in his mind was when a football player on the TV was about to get a touch down. One guy shouted "Run friend of the family run! Look at that monkey run!"

So they tolerate blacks in sports in the same way these kinds of people tolerated blacks in madingo fights. So now the reaction to Kap makes absolute sense. You play that game boy and keep your mouth shut. You. Are. Our. Property.

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.

Technogeek posted:

Leave the gun. Take the pierogi.

Farmers cheese or kraut? Yeah, the "polish mafia" isn't bothering anyone here in Chicago. Let them be just like any other ethnic group with a stronghold on their original territory.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

ZobarStyl posted:

Why isn't Pence doing debate prep? He doesn't have to coordinate with Trump.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Dapper_Swindler posted:

I dont get why shitheads on the right are so enraged about colin. all he did was silently sit down and protest the national anthem. thats it. the right are a bunch of oversensitive piss babies. but according to dickheads like King, he is an ISIS sympathizer and the great black menace of the nation.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
*is Black Lives Matter*

White People: You blacks need to protest in a quiet way that isn't disruptive if you want to accomplish anything.

*is Colin Kaepernick*

White People: No, not like that.

Big McHuge
Feb 5, 2014

You wait for the war to happen like vultures.
If you want to help, prevent the war.
Don't save the remnants.

Save them all.

Technogeek posted:

Leave the gun. Take the paczki.

Fixed for proper substitution of baked goods.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Radish posted:

I remember when people thought Walsh was primarily motivated by religious fanaticism and not racism.

maybe the truth is in the middle and its both. I think he is both a fantatic and a bigot.

ZobarStyl posted:

this. pence was only made VP for 2 reasons. he is politically useful (big dumb evangelical hard right dick) and he is more of an empty suit then Romney which is what trump wants. He is a awful poo poo govenor whos state hates him who has hosed over minorities actively at every turn. he is gonna get destroyed.

did you really expect anything different.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

SumYungGui posted:

*is Black Lives Matter*

White People: You blacks need to protest in a quiet way that isn't disruptive if you want to accomplish anything.

*is Colin Kaepernick*

White People: No, not like that.

I would say they want a protest easy to ignore, but Kaepernick did his so quietly nobody noticed for months and they still exploded so nothing is soft enough to avoid offending the willfully blind white US.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Mr Hands Colon posted:

Farmers cheese or kraut? Yeah, the "polish mafia" isn't bothering anyone here in Chicago. Let them be just like any other ethnic group with a stronghold on their original territory.

:thejoke:

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Geostomp posted:

I would say they want a protest easy to ignore, but Kaepernick did his so quietly nobody noticed for months and they still exploded so nothing is soft enough to avoid offending the willfully blind white US.

One of the issues is that white America doesn't either understand or care about the problem so any sort of complaint is seen as a direct insult. What they are protesting about isn't seen as a big deal if it exists at all so why are they saying mean things about us?

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Radish posted:

One of the issues is that white America doesn't either understand or care about the problem so any sort of complaint is seen as a direct insult. What they are protesting about isn't seen as a big deal if it exists at all so why are they saying mean things about us?

They also don't seem to comprehend why minorities are offended that Trump is getting this far or the concept of dogwhistles that turn us off from the GOP and its propaganda wings.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

:psyduck:

ZobarStyl
Oct 24, 2005

This isn't a war, it's a moider.

HootTheOwl posted:

Why isn't Pence doing debate prep? He doesn't have to coordinate with Trump.
Pence won't prep because there's no one to push him to do so, nor anyone who could meaningfully help. When they briefly tried the same thing with Trump he threw a fit as he cannot take even the implicit criticism of prep work.

Beside that, who would Pence coordinate with in a campaign with effectively zero political acumen? The same non-existent team of professional political strategists who did oppo research on Trump? The entire Trump campaign is basically Trump, his family and Bannon/Conway. Everyone beneath that is a subordinate and are likely firewalled from making any real decisions or having interaction with the candidate.

The classic campaign structure of high level seasoned election veterans giving well-taken advice to the candidate/VP doesn't work with Trump and his NPD. Instead, you have a team of yes men, not one of whom has any campaign experience (Conway only has tangential work as a pollster). The entire apparatus is people who know grifting, which is why there are no ad buys, no GOTV, no research...but rather, a shitload of kickbacks to Trump businesses.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Like, do they mean 'BAD FACEBOOK SUGGESTING PEOPLE VOTE AT ALL' or what? :psyduck:

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
They were suppressing right wing news, of course they shouldn't help people register to vote!

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Aesop Poprock posted:

Looks like most of the alt right on Reddit are starting to come around on the "Milo is a conman who doesn't actually care about Reddit/Gamergate", although it took them loving forever considering how obvious it was

reading that reddit thread was funny as gently caress. took people forever to finally realize what a loving grifter this dude is. getting thrown out of his own special safe spaces on twitter and reddit is hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Goatman Sacks posted:

Riots are simply the operating overhead cost of the white supremacist state.

This but unironically.