Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
I tried to be nice and whitelist mangastream on my ad-blocker, but I just can't do it anymore. Three times it served ads that navigated away from the page and tried to install malware.

Also, they really have no idea what they are in for, do they?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Nalin posted:

Danann most likely knows that an Eclipse is the reason. There's no way an Elven king doesn't know about how the Behelit and Eclipses work, and you can't hide a brand from such a powerful spiritual being.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Nalin posted:

I tried to be nice and whitelist mangastream on my ad-blocker, but I just can't do it anymore. Three times it served ads that navigated away from the page and tried to install malware.

I got my single malware infection in over a decade from them they've been blacklisted ever since

Also fffffffffuuuuuuuuuckkkk yyyyyoooouuuuuuuuu hiatus

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Being alive is pretty much a constant stream of embarrassment.
Fun Shoe
I have to say, I really love the way this whole chapter leads up to that last page. Like, elf island is it's usual hyper self, Danaan at least seems at the moment to be kind and sincere, and we have like 5 pages of wistful dream land. However, from the moment the elf king mentions going into Caska's dreams, the reader knows where this is all leading to. And that last page with the flower petals leading to the eclipse manages to carry just the right amount of ominousness to let us know that poo poo is about to hit the fan hard.

I'm still not completely sold on King elf being on the level here. She seems too nice and helpful for being a high tier spiritual being in this manga, and at best is kind of being a jerk for not warning Schrieke and Farnese about the kind of poo poo they're in for inside Caska's head.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

LordMune posted:

It occurred to me that visiting the site of the Eclipse, which is deep in the astral realm, in a dream, which is a shallower astral plane, while on Elf Island, which also exists in the astral realm, might not be a good idea. It might, in fact, be The Worst Idea.

EDIT: Yep, definite, lingering sensation that all the talk of different methods used to access different depths of the astral planes a couple of chapters ago might be building up to Very Not Good Things.

EDIT 2: The God Hand are, if not masters of, at least better at handling the flow of causality than most, and Skull Knight's actions have been proven to be firmly within the confines of destiny. If his rescue of Casca from the Eclipse was engineered as a backdoor into Elfhelm...

Yeah revisiting the Eclipse seems like it could go very poorly. I can totally see something following them out, even if they do succeed. They have no idea what they have gotten themselves into.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me

AndwhatIseeisme posted:

I have to say, I really love the way this whole chapter leads up to that last page. Like, elf island is it's usual hyper self, Danaan at least seems at the moment to be kind and sincere, and we have like 5 pages of wistful dream land. However, from the moment the elf king mentions going into Caska's dreams, the reader knows where this is all leading to. And that last page with the flower petals leading to the eclipse manages to carry just the right amount of ominousness to let us know that poo poo is about to hit the fan hard.

I'm still not completely sold on King elf being on the level here. She seems too nice and helpful for being a high tier spiritual being in this manga, and at best is kind of being a jerk for not warning Schrieke and Farnese about the kind of poo poo they're in for inside Caska's head.

Schrieke at least glanced the eclipse when she dived into Gut's head way back when. Other than that though... :ohdear:

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
The Flowerstorm King is too light a figure to be seriously villainous, her banter with Puck wouldn't be really credible if she were intended to be an antagonist. But I wouldn't be surprised if she has a Galadriel moment where she seriously shows off her power, or if Farnese and Schierke gently caress up and open a door through the interstice.

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

Yeah, this was a stellar chapter. I'm glad they're finally getting into it in an efficient way. The lead up to the last page was wonderful.

Lepecard
May 19, 2009
Soiled Meat
Hey, I can't remember the exact but if I recall correctly, wasn't Zodd hurt by Griffith during a dream and that's how he lost the horn?

If so then......oh dear....

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I thought Skull Knight chopped it off like a billion years/chapters ago. E: Nope, it was Dream/Vision Griffith indeed.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Okay, so Miura's got 3-5 months to figure out what in the flying gently caress the damage from this carpet bombing run he just hit the release button on will be.

Unless it's a fake-out, everyone was right that the chapter after chapter of comic relief was just buttering us up for the next beating. BRING IT, YOU PERFECTIONIST SADIST, we've endured years of waiting already :black101:

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012
i think witch girl and priest girl are just gonna get some front row seats to some horrible rear end poo poo that we've seen already. i dont expect anything more traumatic than just realizing what Casca and Guts went through

people itt seem to be bracing themselves for some new horror but i dont see it

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

After the hiatus its going to cut to them getting on the boat, and the entire year of 2017 will be the beginning of the boat voyage back, followed by a hiatus, then more boat, hiatus, boat, hiatus, and so on. Eventually they will run out of potable water and Gutts will be forced to drink everyone's pee in order to stay alive. I've checked the odds, calculated the data, and ran the Berserk manga through a supercomputer and this is the most likely predicted outcome by a margin.

ANIME AKBAR
Jan 25, 2007

afu~
The best chapter in at least five years. The dragonslayer on the clothesline :lol:

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012

Pewdiepie posted:

After the hiatus its going to cut to them getting on the boat, and the entire year of 2017 will be the beginning of the boat voyage back, followed by a hiatus, then more boat, hiatus, boat, hiatus, and so on. Eventually they will run out of potable water and Gutts will be forced to drink everyone's pee in order to stay alive. I've checked the odds, calculated the data, and ran the Berserk manga through a supercomputer and this is the most likely predicted outcome by a margin.

this is the most loving retarded theory i've read so far

if guts has to drink pee it will only be the pee of little girls, not "everyone"

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

Law Cheetah posted:

people itt seem to be bracing themselves for some new horror but i dont see it

It's a more fun meta game to hunker down for the apocalypse than just sitting back and being surprised in 9 months when the next chapter is released and the thread gets necrobumped.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Nate RFB posted:

I thought Skull Knight chopped it off like a billion years/chapters ago. E: Nope, it was Dream/Vision Griffith indeed.

Which chapter was this? I'm now concerned.

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012

Shinjobi posted:

Which chapter was this? I'm now concerned.

128. Zodd starts feeling existential and dozes atop a pile of corpses and Griffith takes the opportunity to visit his dreams

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
There is a possibility that the dream itself could be yet another Eclipse because magical dream shenanigans, only Griffith's already done the sacrifice. If this a way to potentially offer Guts or Caska a hard choice, power to win over or kill Griffith in exchange for your love, well then this is just a long loving planted gently caress you from Griffith. Ontop of this likely letting some serious evil poo poo directly to Elfhelm, along with potentially putting all of Gut's friends in danger of being eaten along with the phantoms of the old hawks to relive THE WORST DAY OF HIS LIFE, as well as warping Caska further. There are just so many ways for this to go wrong!

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Awesome chapter.
Puck is my hero, Schierke's dream is cute as hell. Sad Guts being told Casca fears him isn't my jam though. :smith:

poo poo is going to get extremely real.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.
Count me as another person suspicious of the Flowerstorm King; I don't think she's gonna turn out to be overtly malicious, but I think that she'll cause something horrible to happen despite her good intentions. Something like wanting to use Casca's Eclipse dream for some hidden purpose but it backfires horribly.

That last page does not bode well for anyone.

Webcormac McCarthy
Nov 26, 2007
After more than one-and-a-half decades since Puck suggested this journey, we are so close, so loving close to Casca's "healing". This is going to feel like the longest hiatus yet.

edit: Oh it was the Skull Knight at the beach who suggested the Elf king could heal Casca.

Webcormac McCarthy fucked around with this message at 13:20 on Sep 23, 2016

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I hope all of you are wrong and Casca comes back fine and happy and they all dance and celebrate and it's awesome.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

i also like how yoshihiro togashi did a guest page

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Sep 23, 2016

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

GOD IS DEAD.

MUIRA KILLED GOD.

YOU ARE TRESPASSING ON THE DREAM.

:sigh:

A great chapter, of course I'm concerned about the ominous possibilities. Guess we'll find out next year.

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

I choose to believe that the ~6 months of hiatus will be used for even more nightmarish depictions of the Eclipse with all your favorite ultra-detailed apostles.

I predict at least 5 potential metal album covers

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

A guidebook of sorts must have come out over there recently.
http://imgbox.com/g/wYc5ZAk2Il

The notable thing is this, a sketch/storyboard of a panel in a future chapter.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

Torquemadras posted:

I choose to believe that the ~6 months of hiatus will be used for even more nightmarish depictions of the Eclipse with all your favorite ultra-detailed apostles.

I predict at least 5 potential metal album covers

I choose to believe he'll spend all his time playing idol games. It's the only way my black heart will remain intact.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Nate RFB posted:

I hope all of you are wrong and Casca comes back fine and happy and they all dance and celebrate and it's awesome.

Same

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Farnese's dream is very interesting.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
I love how one of the most important duties of the Elf King is to be a nanny for a bunch of old Wizards.

Elf Island is just a magical retirement home.

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

mabels big day posted:

Farnese's dream is very interesting.

I like how it's silly, yet still says quite a lot about Farnese. She's washing, as commander; Mozgus is still a presence who praises her; Guts is just his beastly armour... Surprised Serpico didn't show up.

Also, I really like how it'll be up to Schierke and Farnese to reach Casca. It's gonna be interesting.

...in about six months

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Nate RFB posted:

I hope this too, but I don't expect it. What I mostly expect is for Schierke and Farnese to watch the events of the Eclipse played back as interpreted by Casca's subconscious (probably involving an even more uncomfortable amount of sexual violence, ugh) and be traumatized by it.

LordMune
Nov 21, 2006

Helim needed to be invisible.

Torquemadras posted:

I like how it's silly, yet still says quite a lot about Farnese. She's washing, as commander; Mozgus is still a presence who praises her; Guts is just his beastly armour... Surprised Serpico didn't show up.
He (his robe) does show up, he's the one who taught her to do laundry good.

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!
Considering the excessive amounts of spoiler tags on this page... I say the last page isn't the problem, it's the lengthy explanation by the king on page eleven:

look deep into the incident and find its resolution... The rules that govern (dreams) spring from the conceptions of the dreamer herself

Why does Casca fear Guts so much? No, it's not that his beast tried to rip her apart; she recoils in the cave long before that. If Guts is a representation of the "before", then we may have to go all the way back to the beginning. The noble looked at her as an object, but she chose to defend herself and she chose to follow Griffith. She basically exchanged one form of servitude (harlotry) for another (hero worship). What if the correction needed is to realize that she was the one that should have left Griffith, and that she should have taken the chance to leave with Guts when he asked? What if this childlike state is resolved only by her being again saved from the rapist (Griffith) by a larger character (Guts)? When Guts offers the choice (do what you want, follow me if you want), will she take it this time?

Very concerned about their survival in those dreams based on that latter statement by the king. Notice how conveniently the two users of magic are now trapped together in the same place, in the King's passage of dreams. :ohdear:

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012

PhantomOfTheCopier posted:

Why does Casca fear Guts so much? No, it's not that his beast tried to rip her apart; she recoils in the cave long before that.

it is. because he had a freakout (demon posession?) and bit her on the titty.

immediately after the tower of conviction arc casca is perfectly fine hanging around him. he touches her a lot and has her wear his badass cloak like an awkward high school kid claiming his romantic territory

she fears him immediately after the eclipse because hes a guy and she just got raped horribly. she wouldnt let anyone but Erica approach her at first

Law Cheetah fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Sep 24, 2016

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

Surprisingly Dope posted:

Good chapter, it will be a tough wait. Think this analysis of Farnese is interesting in context of these new developments: https://www.reddit.com/r/Berserk/comments/4zq042/farnese_analysis_the_wild_card/
I disagree with his premise. Berserk is a cool story because everyone is a wild card and has motivation to pursue multiple paths. I think that's why Griffith's rebirth as the demon prince is so significant. His sacrifices were loyal until the end and willingly walked into their demise. He had made sacrifices on the battle field regularly, he was already a demon. People ripped up their wild card to serve him.

Farnese is a mini-Guts. Caska is a younger Guts. Griffith is Guts if Guts had balls.

temple fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Sep 24, 2016

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

temple posted:

I disagree with his premise. Berserk is a cool story because everyone is a wild card and has motivation to pursue multiple paths. I think that's why Griffith's rebirth as the demon prince is so significant. His sacrifices were loyal until the end and willingly walked into their demise. He had made sacrifices on the battle field regularly, he was already a demon. People ripped up their wild card to serve him.

Farnese is a mini-Guts. Caska is a younger Guts. Griffith is Guts if Guts had balls.

I disagree with your assessment, but am too tired to do anything about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Nate RFB posted:

I'd like your dream to come true, but Berserk ain't known to be that nice.