Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

Leperflesh posted:

Counter with Bell for his entire team. Including the kicker.

Don't do that! You will probably regret it when he accepts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
[IDP] Well, so maybe I should bench JJ Watt for a game or two.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Lamar Miller you are killin me.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

kiimo posted:

Lamar Miller you are killin me.

Not his fault. He's been like 80 percent of the offense, and the pats aren't idiots.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Every time Grimes runs the ball i disagree.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Leperflesh posted:

Not his fault. He's been like 80 percent of the offense, and the pats aren't idiots.

Impressed they've totally shut down both him AND Nuk, though. It's not like it's the Rams out there with Gurley and then literal fecal matter at WR/QB.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Docjowles posted:

Impressed they've totally shut down both him AND Nuk, though. It's not like it's the Rams out there with Gurley and then literal fecal matter at WR/QB.

The Pats' defense is really good, this shouldn't be a huge surprise

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Nuk wasn't really shut down. This game was entirely on Osweiler and the play calling. Also Will Fuller was open on like every single play it was nuts.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

ALFRED BLUE? Kill me.

Edit: gently caress you texans, gently caress you miller, gently caress you houston, gently caress your republic of texas and most of all gently caress the patriots

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

Doltos posted:

Nuk wasn't really shut down. This game was entirely on Osweiler and the play calling. Also Will Fuller was open on like every single play it was nuts.

They were doubling Nuk on most if not all plays and Fuller had some bad drops today. But yes Osweiler sucked and the playcalling was real bad.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Honore_De_Balzac posted:

Don't do that! You will probably regret it when he accepts.

I rejected it. He countered with Bell for Deconte Freeman :jerkbag:. I've countered with my Chris Ivory for his Matt Forte.

I don't get why the dude is trying to trade with me anyway. The guy who just lost AP has jack poo poo for RBs now and is probably a better mark.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.

MrSargent posted:

They were doubling Nuk on most if not all plays and Fuller had some bad drops today. But yes Osweiler sucked and the playcalling was real bad.

From what I saw, when he was targeted and the ball wasn't terribly misthrown, Nuk looked like himself, just with double coverage- in other words, basically okay. The biggest problem I saw was sub-Hoyer level play from Osweiler. That might be partly due to whatever the Pats were doing in coverage, but it might also be that Osweiler is dog crap. If it's the latter, Hopkins owners should be worried.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Benne posted:

The Pats' defense is really good, this shouldn't be a huge surprise

The surprise to me was that Houston was THAT bad. Bill and Patricia are defensive geniuses, no doubt. As I said, I'm a lifelong Pats fan, you don't need to sell me on this. But Hopkins is in that "idgaf, throw it up into triple coverage" tier. They never even attempted that, though. Even after they were down 3+ scores. They just ran Miller into a brick wall a billion times.

Doltos posted:

Yeah I think it is fair to put much of the outcome on the coaches. They got down early, and clearly the running game wasn't working for poo poo. But instead of trying to put the team on Hopkins' back, they... ran it ineffectively over and over instead.

Also, if Fuller was open on every single play... that's probably because they were making a super duper effort to cover Nuk? What MrSargent said.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

MrSargent posted:

Yeah Nuk was getting hit with over the top safety help but a lot of #1s get that and still produce if their QB is at all competent. He had two easy catches towards the end of the game that were misthrows and cost him a good chunk of points to make it a respectable outing. I just really think Osweiler screwed the pooch tonight. O'Brien too, and that idiot kick returner.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Running plays on third and eight against the pats is super boneheaded, yes. Fuller dropped like two or three solid passes? Actually the standout Houston player was the tight end, Griffin. He caught almost every target and there were a lot of them. Miller got open for three or four passes, too. Ultimately the team gave it away on kickoff turnovers and on really idiot playcalling, especially on third downs.

A lot of credit should go to the Pats punter, too. That was a command performance.

The Aguamoose
Jan 10, 2006
"Yes, I remember the Aguamoose..."
In Dynasty, when does team status trump player value when trading? I've been offered Emmanuel Sanders for Charles Sims in my 0.5ppr league, where Sims is a starter after I went 0rb and had an injury armageddon. There's 0 chance of competing this year due to the injuries, so Sanders will not benefit me in the short term and he'll be my oldest player save Rodgers, but all calculators have him as substantially more valuable. He's been on the block for ages so I'm not confident I can re-trade him. I'm thinking I should shop Sims to the 2-0 teams to see if I can get something more useful to me, but just wanted to see what others thought?

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013
I started Fuller and the HOU kicker for a grand combined total of......3.10 points.

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
I picked up the HOU K this week because the TB K gave me 0 points past week. If he had a merely average day, I'd be 2-0.

~gently caress kickers~

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

You only delay the inevitable. All of this island will soon belong to me.

little known fact: just always start justin tucker of the baltimore ravens when it comes to kicker and rake in the points

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

winvirus posted:

little known fact: just always start justin tucker of the baltimore ravens when it comes to kicker and rake in the points

Gostkowski, Tucker, Hauschka, and Bailey have been top 10 kickers the last three years. They're the only ones.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
LOL ASJ

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
:cheers::rice:

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Thank the heavens I traded that dummy.

Unknownmass
Nov 3, 2007

winvirus posted:

Justin Tucker has single handily won me two playoff games. I dont have a limit on my budget for him.

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

You only delay the inevitable. All of this island will soon belong to me.

no lie, two years ago a girl drafted him first round and i gave her so much poo poo and she swore by him

she beat me in playoffs. because of him.

i'm a true believer now

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
Kickers are dumb

The Aguamoose
Jan 10, 2006
"Yes, I remember the Aguamoose..."
A taco in my league offered me abdullah for tucker. I accepted but when he got cold feet and asked the commish to cancel it I was secretly glad.

ZIGfried
Nov 4, 2005

I can hardly contain myself!
I've got an offer on the table his Edelman for my Gurley, 0.5ppr

My roster post trade would be

RB
McCoy
Mathews
D. Washington
T. Coleman

WR
Marshall
Cobb
Maclin
Edelman
Gordon
Sharpe
J. Brown

Mash? Like Edelman with Brady coming back, don't think Gurley will be salvaged this season and I'm 0-2.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Gronk smash(ed my hopes of winning this week)

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Every player on your team wins you your wins. They're all just points.

e. except the ones that score zero or less, of course.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

ZIGfried posted:

I've got an offer on the table his Edelman for my Gurley, 0.5ppr

My roster post trade would be

RB
McCoy
Mathews
D. Washington
T. Coleman

WR
Marshall
Cobb
Maclin
Edelman
Gordon
Sharpe
J. Brown

Mash? Like Edelman with Brady coming back, don't think Gurley will be salvaged this season and I'm 0-2.

You are selling Gurley at his lowest value only 2 weeks into the season. You should be getting much more than a 1:1 with Edelman. I would take a hard pass or counter.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

RCarr posted:

Gronk smash(ed my hopes of winning this week)

I started Houston and Hopkins :smith: But there's still hope.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I'm starting to think my faith in ASJ is a tad misplaced.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Spoeank posted:

I'm starting to think my faith in ASJ is a tad misplaced.

You're telling me. He's been eating up a spot on my dynasty roster since 2014.

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
Which RB do we prefer rest of season: Washington (Det) or Howard (Chi)?

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Prob Booker then Washington.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

I would prefer Washington since I think he has the better opportunity to take over more of the workload since the only other back is Riddick (and he is primarily a passing down back). Howard will likely remain in a weird RBBC barring injuries.

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

MrSargent posted:

I would prefer Washington since I think he has the better opportunity to take over more of the workload since the only other back is Riddick (and he is primarily a passing down back). Howard will likely remain in a weird RBBC barring injuries.

Howard should become the feature back once Langford goes and fucks himself.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

I guess at this point, you are still hoping that something changes with the run distribution in Chicago, whereas in Detroit, Washington doesn't seem to have a lot of competition for carries. I expect Riddick will start off with a bigger share of the carries as they work Washington in, and then move back to his passing down role. I think the opportunity is there right now for Washington to start producing, but that opportunity is not there for Howard at this time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

MrSargent posted:

I guess at this point, you are still hoping that something changes with the run distribution in Chicago, whereas in Detroit, Washington doesn't seem to have a lot of competition for carries. I expect Riddick will start off with a bigger share of the carries as they work Washington in, and then move back to his passing down role. I think the opportunity is there right now for Washington to start producing, but that opportunity is not there for Howard at this time.

Zach Zenner surge in the back half of the season.

• Locked thread