Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

So is there enough interest to schedule a Castrum run tomorrow night--with cinematics--for babies first Castrum. (Excalibur)

Tomorrow, Friday, like 8-ish PST?

Sure thing sign me up, Anime Waifu ingame, do you want to do them minimum ilvl? Im curious to try it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

Sure thing sign me up, Anime Waifu ingame, do you want to do them minimum ilvl? Im curious to try it out.

If you guys want to do it at min ilevel I'm definitely down.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

uhm..yes? Lvl 50 bard

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

uhm..yes? Lvl 50 bard

Min ilevel means that everyone gets synced to the bare minimum you need to enter the instance, which in this case is i42. If you do it normally through duty finder, anyone who is level 60 gets synced to i130. Suffice to say it's a huge difference, and doing it at min ilevel means it might actually be a challenge.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

uhm..yes? Lvl 50 bard

No theres an actual "Minimum ilvl" option that locks everyone's item level to the minimum required to enter the instance, it removes the ability to gear past mechanics. Basically min ilvl castrum and praetorium will be done the way it was intended (minus some slight cheesing if possible)

E: min ilvl also increases the chances of some drops in some raids apparently?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

ok yeah so min it is!

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

cheetah7071 posted:

Note that scholars and warriors are on the chopping block for nerfs, though probably in the form of gaining less from leveling 60-70 in 4.0

I'm pretty sure they're not, I remember Square saying that were going to bring everyone in line with the better classes instead of nerfing.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/c244625b50b0208675f0a1f7baf9ac67543943ad

code:
Astrologian

Nocturnal Sect
Increased healing magic potency has been changed from 5% to 10%.

Aspected Benefic
Amount of damage nullified by the barrier from Nocturnal Sect has been increased from 130% of HP restored to 170% of HP restored.
The potency of the magicked barrier in PvP areas has been changed to 65% of HP restored.

Aspected Helios
Amount of damage nullified by the barrier from Nocturnal Sect has been increased from 120% of HP restored to 150% of HP restored.

Enhanced Benefic
The effect has been changed to grant a 15% chance that your next Benefic II will be a critical heal.

Stella
Heavy duration has been reduced from 12 to 8 seconds in PvP areas.

Redraw
Recast time has been reduced from 60 to 30 seconds.

Draw
Effect duration has been increased from 15 to 30 seconds.

Royal Road
The range of the area effect granted by Ewer and Spire has been extended from 15 to 20y.

The Balance
The increased damage effect on a single target has been changed from 10% to 20%.
The increased damage effect on a group has been changed from 5% to 10%.
* This increase does not apply in PvP areas.

The Bole
Damage reduction on a single target has been increased from 10% to 20%.
Damage reduction on a group has been increased from 5% to 10%.
* This increase does not apply in PvP areas.

Celestial Opposition
Extended duration of effects cast by self and party members has been increased from 5 to 10 seconds.
:captainpop:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I don't play AST but I take it these are pretty good steps towards making Nocturnal less of a joke. :v:

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
That Balance buff alone is pretty ridiculous.

Really looking forward to dusting off AST next patch.

Also can someone explain that MCH change to Reload?

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

ApplesandOranges posted:

Also can someone explain that MCH change to Reload?

Reload stacks used to be a buff on a timer, now they're a buff without a timer so they don't fall off because you waited too long.

e; the Library HM quest is called "Let Me Gubal That For You." :suicide:

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Emalde posted:

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/c244625b50b0208675f0a1f7baf9ac67543943ad

code:
Celestial Opposition
Extended duration of effects cast by self and party members has been increased from 5 to 10 seconds.

Yay, CO actually has a use outside of stunning things now!

I actually think the healer LB3 change is more impactful. Should keep people from standing up then going back to tanking the floor immediately thereafter.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Lemon-Lime posted:

Reload stacks used to be a buff on a timer, now they're a buff without a timer so they don't fall off because you waited too long.

e; the Library HM quest is called "Let Me Gubal That For You." :suicide:

That part's not confusing, the part where I'm confused on is how that's going to interact with regular Quick Reload. If the buff applied to both it'd be less confusing.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Cross your fingers and hope it means that you can go up to five stacks with Quick Reload and just sit there then, I guess?

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

ApplesandOranges posted:

That part's not confusing, the part where I'm confused on is how that's going to interact with regular Quick Reload. If the buff applied to both it'd be less confusing.

Quick Reload just gives you a stack of the same buff as Reload, so I'm guessing it'll work the same way.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Players revived using the following limit break actions will no longer be inflicted with Weakness. Furthermore, players already suffering from Weakness will be cured of the status effect.

The best change. Finally. I always thought that was a dumb thing, hit LB and everyone gets weakness.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
no egi glamours :mad: :mad: :mad:

YOSHIP THIS IS IMPORTANT.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

loving FINALLY.

(Yes, I know it's dumb, but still, that's two retainer inventory slots opened up.)

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?
For context on just how dumb and almost certainly overtuned the Nocturnal Sect changes are:

Aspected Benefic shield: 341.25 -> 467.5 (36.99% increase)
Aspected Helios shield : 189 -> 247.5 (31% increase)

Helios is closer to a deployed Adlo than a Succor at this point.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Sweet mother of god, a functional materia melding interface.

RIGHT-CLICK -> REPORT RMT

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 10:01 on Sep 23, 2016

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
Hell yeah wanna own this tree

Also whew, really dodged a bullet by being a lazy-rear end and not going on a fish catching spree since the list of aquariaumable fish is tiny. Still hyped for it though!

Failboattootoot fucked around with this message at 10:03 on Sep 23, 2016

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
ok I lied, this is the best thing:
The online status "Role-playing" has been added.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Emalde posted:

code:
Astrologian

Niton posted:

For context on just how dumb and almost certainly overtuned the Nocturnal Sect changes are:

Aspected Benefic shield: 341.25 -> 467.5 (36.99% increase)
Aspected Helios shield : 189 -> 247.5 (31% increase)

Helios is closer to a deployed Adlo than a Succor at this point.

Sweet mother of god. And that's on top of Balance being a huge DPS increase now, and Arrow was always good.

I'm beginning to wonder if I'm going to be asked to consider a job change for this raid cycle :v:

(That said, even with the buff, if you can manage a crit the crit-Adlo Deploy still wins handily.)

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Astro so tempting suddenly.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

quote:

Players can no longer initiate a trade with players casting a spell.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

quote:

It is no longer required to adhere to the average item level requirement when registering as a full party.
Neat. Lots of people MSQ blocked should be less put upon now.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
I thought that was only for raid finder, but if it's global that's even better

vvv: yay I can crash the ehcatl sealant market with a single click now

Truga fucked around with this message at 10:24 on Sep 23, 2016

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Players can now specify the number of items to be exchanged at certain NPC shops.

NPC shops that require an exchange of tokens such as Allagan tomestones or beast tribe currency will now allow players to specify the number of items to be purchased.

Finally.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
I want a room lined with aquariums filled with marlins

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Here's to hoping they extend that menu to other stuff, too.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Gonna be interesting to see how Noct does vs. Diurnal now. I'm more used to Diurnal (can't quite get the hang of when to cast Asp. Benefic yet in Noct), but I'll give it a good try once the patch hits.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
So it's entirely possible to not be able to get anything other than the (crap) first reward of Wondrous Tails unless you farm newbie bonuses for reset points? That... sucks.

Little Abigail
Jul 21, 2011

College Slice
So, I think the leveling roulette was trying to make up for giving me Aurem Vale yesterday with an absolutely horrid group by giving me Gubal today. Even though we wiped multiple times on the final boss everyone was still friendly and helpful. A good group.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

SwissArmyDruid posted:

This is the real best change in the patch :v:

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

the best change that probably does absolutely nothing other than tickle the funny part of your brain so you feel like you helped

support all hallway monitors today!

shas
Jul 27, 2011

Man, any kind of anticipation I had for Wondrous Tails is completely gone after seeing how it's gonna work. A really cool idea for a feature that I thought was a great way to get people in meaningful numbers back into old content is gonna be dead in weeks because the way they're handling rewards is garbage

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

shas posted:

Man, any kind of anticipation I had for Wondrous Tails is completely gone after seeing how it's gonna work. A really cool idea for a feature that I thought was a great way to get people in meaningful numbers back into old content is gonna be dead in weeks because the way they're handling rewards is garbage

It seems like someone ignored the sign saying "do not use. ever." and designed Wondrous Tails on Tanaka's old haunted desk. I am sure gonna love playing what is effectively mini-cactpot once a week after 9 trials of effort. Nobody is gonna do this thing if they could end up running 9 dungeons for a grand prize of... 500 Poetics. Or 2.5k gil.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Is nobody else stucked for mother loving instagram filters !?!?

Samba De Amigo
Jun 11, 2014
Can't wait to be right about 250 crafted gear being restricted and locked behind the new diadem exchange, the new beastmen exchange, or the new script exchange.

Take your choice. People have been assuming it would be readily available day 1. I highly doubt it.

If I'm wrong that would own but I don't trust good decisions regarding crafting in HW.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

seiferguy posted:

I made a thing for you to follow: https://twitter.com/FFXIV_Kelly

This is great! Thanks for this.

• Locked thread