Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Charles Bukowski posted:

Alright, thanks. Why would this "era" end?

Because the anime series the cards are based off will end and the next one could wind up introducing stuff that's significantly less interesting.

E: fuuuck new page

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Charles Bukowski posted:

Alright, thanks. Why would this "era" end?

During Zexal anything that was not rank 3, 4, 7 and 8 basically did not exist and that was because in the anime fusion and synchro simply did not exist anymore.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
It never even occurred to me that the cards follow the anime. I haven't watched it since I was a kid. poo poo.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

I hope the next series doesn't introduce anything new.
Like, no lie, I'd like some kind of gundam Build-fighters esque no stakes dealie all about weird gimmicky archetypes and decks.

One that makes fun of the meta.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Rigged Death Trap posted:

I hope the next series doesn't introduce anything new.
Like, no lie, I'd like some kind of gundam Build-fighters esque no stakes dealie all about weird gimmicky archetypes and decks.

One that makes fun of the meta.

Skull servant as the main villain archetype please Konami.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I wasn't joking by the way, I really wouldn't be surprised if arc v turned out to be one last huge swansong before it gets wound up for Konami to spend the money on putting the wrong version of PES on steam instead.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
While it's obviously meant to be a lovesong to the franchise as a whole, you're kidding yourself if you think Konami's going to quit before the game becomes unprofitable. It just makes sound business sense to continue with it, until the numbers become way too low.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I hope this keeps going strong, I'm just getting back into this and its very fun to collect and figure out combos and play with my coworkers and friends. It is a bit of a money sink though, I did the math and I've spent a thousand dollars since May. My friend has spent $1600.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Charles Bukowski posted:

I hope this keeps going strong, I'm just getting back into this and its very fun to collect and figure out combos and play with my coworkers and friends. It is a bit of a money sink though, I did the math and I've spent a thousand dollars since May. My friend has spent $1600.

I've spent 0$ in the last 4 years. WC2011 was the last thing I spent money on.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Julias posted:

While it's obviously meant to be a lovesong to the franchise as a whole, you're kidding yourself if you think Konami's going to quit before the game becomes unprofitable. It just makes sound business sense

See I'm gonna stop you right there and point to the tire fire of a company that makes this game.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

MiddleOne posted:

During Zexal anything that was not rank 3, 4, 7 and 8 basically did not exist and that was because in the anime fusion and synchro simply did not exist anymore.

They used Fusion once or twice in Zexal. Ritual too, though no one has ever really cared about Ritual.

Dabir posted:

See I'm gonna stop you right there and point to the tire fire of a company that makes this game.

They had several record breaking events this year. I doubt the game is going anywhere.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Metal Gear Solid 5. Where is Kojima now?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Dabir posted:

Metal Gear Solid 5. Where is Kojima now?

He's gone, partially because he went way over-budget and over-deadline with the game. :colbert:

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

MiddleOne posted:

Skull servant as the main villain archetype please Konami.

I have exclusive information that there will be a card that lets you treat your entire graveyard as "Skull Servant" for one turn

It also lets you summon the new egyptian god card, the skulled servant of anubis

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
That sounds hecka cool, I love zombies and vampires! Konami please make new support for vampires. :(

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

You like Zombies? Have you tried playing with Shiranui?

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Dexie posted:

You like Zombies? Have you tried playing with Shiranui?

ShiraUni Zombie Synchro Turbo forever.

My god I wish Shiranui existed back in the summoning tournament :allears:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

ShiraUni Zombie Synchro Turbo forever.

My god I wish Shiranui existed back in the summoning tournament :allears:

Shiranui Shaddolls, sir. :colbert:

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Not enough Zombies.
All must be zombie.

Play zombie world
Double zombie

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

You do play Zombie World in Shiranui Shaddolls. That way Mezuki can recycle your Shaddoll fusions, and you can then use Spectralsword with your main deck Shaddolls.

There's a surprising amount of synergy in the deck, honestly.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
A buddie of mine actually got top 16 in the past Mexico YCS using zombies.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Dexie posted:

They used Fusion once or twice in Zexal. Ritual too, though no one has ever really cared about Ritual.

I care about Ritual :(

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

I do too.

They just weren't good until the Arc-V era began.

(Other than Gishki but that was a single loop that was killed before the deck even left Japan.)

Now? Now they're pretty drat great.

Prediction Princess Shaddolls and Cyber Angels! :swoon:

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

I feel like I've just used up an absurd amount of luck; I almost got run over, then on a whim, I bought a Shining Victories special edition and pulled BESD and White Stone of Ancients.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Dexie posted:

I do too.

They just weren't good until the Arc-V era began.

(Other than Gishki but that was a single loop that was killed before the deck even left Japan.)

Now? Now they're pretty drat great.

Prediction Princess Shaddolls and Cyber Angels! :swoon:

Somebody forgot about Demise OTK, a thing of beauty.

ChaosArgate posted:

I feel like I've just used up an absurd amount of luck; I almost got run over, then on a whim, I bought a Shining Victories special edition and pulled BESD and White Stone of Ancients.

Good job!

Reminds me of the time I bought a random handful of packs (like 8-10) from Storm of Ragnarok (I think?) And pulled both an ultra and an ultimate Shi En.

Or as a kid bought 2 packs of the team rocket Pokémon packs, and one had a dark blastoise hollow, the other a dark charizard hollow.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

https://ygorganization.com/rate-juunishishi-monsters-revealed/
https://ygorganization.com/rate-new-cards-from-the-poster/

Going to be running Juunishshi Viper in Bujins, oh yes I am.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Juunishishi look like xyz's version of yangzing. Also look really good.

Whyd they have to be R4 though

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Whyd they have to be R4 though

Rank 4 ruins everything around me.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

MiddleOne posted:

Rank 4 ruins everything around me.

Every beast-warrior archetype since fire fists has had access to R4s.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Finally went to my local Sunday tournament. Seemed like everyone I faced had the same uni zombie, mezuki, solitaire and Omega combo. One dude had 3 xyz Minervas. I don't mind telling you that my lightsworn deck did not win a single match yesterday.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

3 minervas?
Proxies?

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Nope, they were real.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Arent xyz minervas prize cards in the TCG?
If they were english cards someone must have paid out the rear end for them.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Guy I was playing against said $1500 a pop. I dont think people were allowed proxies in this tournament. Also whats OTS? We got a 3 card pack for participating. I got a shiny prime monarch and a dragon melody guitar dude that I gave to my friend as he plays monarchs and blue eyes.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Official Tournament Store.
Basically a store thats allowed to host store sized tourneys with specially made boosters as prizes/participation awards.
They usually have really good cards with better odds of rares (i think) in them, the first one had Dark Laws, Monkeyboards and skullcrobats.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Sep 26, 2016

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Ah, maybe I'll keep losing in this tourney for em. Tourney is $6 which gives you an OTS 3 card booster. Not bad?

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

I just want Venom support, it's all I really want. On the other hand I do really like the new Ancient Gear stuff and they're a pretty awesome archetype too. In fact most of the Archetypes that don't do everything but instead do one thing really really hard are things I love. Although I don't know if Ancient Gear counts as that or I'm just used to my 1-shot power-bond Ancient Gear gimmick deck.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Chaos giant is good.
Chaos giant is really really good. Shame it cant be power bonded or limiter removal'd

The hardest part is actually getting him out as the search and grave dumping powers of ancient gears is a bit lacking.

The best you can do is gadget/tin fish , ss AGwyvern, search AGbox, grab AGknight, xyz into gear gigant X, grab AGhunting hound and even then unless you can get a poly in hand or hunting hound on the field you cant fusion into chaos giant until next turn with hunting hound.

FAKE E

Wait a second.
Foolish burial of belongings then AGdrill. too slow

Yeah seems like most ways to get chaos giant out are massive minuses, and unless you have fortress on yhe field its a prime target for monster effects.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 13:52 on Sep 27, 2016

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Foolish Burial with Belongings is an insanely good card, on that note. It gives U.A.s the extra bit of searching power that I think the deck needs. I need to get into YGOPro and try rebuilding with deck with that teched in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Chaos giant is good.
Chaos giant is really really good. Shame it cant be power bonded or limiter removal'd

The actual jury is still out on that and in YGOPro power bond boosts him

• Locked thread