Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

These are nice. :)

Oh wow, top of page. I have no cats. :(

Promise I will make it up next time.

Have this fish instead to feed a cat: <><

The Titanic fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Sep 23, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Complaint Compilation
Apr 8, 2016

:sax:

Wafflz posted:

Not really, he'd have to have a plan first.

Just like the publishers want.

There is an enitre group of people that want our space videogame to FAIL.
So truly they strike at us.

Complaint Compilation fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Sep 23, 2016

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
http://i.imgur.com/1sOoxvp.gifv

sorla78
Oct 11, 2012

EAT THE PAIN AWAY!
Did anyone know that Chris Roberts has an art background? Is this how Sandi got her PHD?

StraightFace
Feb 9, 2014

Beet Wagon posted:

OPs should pretty much never quote themselves for thread titles.

OP is known for creating lovely titles.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

sorla78 posted:

Did anyone know that Chris Roberts has an art background? Is this how Sandi got her PHD?

Could be. Crayon isn't good for archiving, after all, so that would explain why she had such problems finding it…

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

StraightFace posted:

OP is known for creating lovely titles.
:drat:

Ben and Veg.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

I don't know, it kinda grew onto me. It reminds us that sometimes the autism comes from within the thread

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Don't try to steal my thunder for your silly cause, this is important.

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

AP posted:

:gary:

Right, Derek Smart was.

:gary:

Derek Smart was correct.

:ughh:

There's too much to quote, well worth a read. It's damming.

basically he was incompetent. Didnt communicate and played mocap director while cig burned but now it is fixed? Lol the only way it is fixed is if he is removed ala microsoft.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

sorla78 posted:

I think he meant that as a failed director, he was once in the arts.

Or maybe he thinks telling that guy 20 years ago to change the colour of the pixel from green to blue makes him qualified to be art director.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Wafflz posted:

Don't try to steal my thunder for your silly cause, this is important.

Sorry, wasn't my intention. I don't even have epilepsy and your thing made me uncomfortable, so I thought I'd plaster another warning.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Truga posted:

grand mal in a gif

hey, no fair

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
That elephant is the best, it always takes me 15 seconds to figure out what the hell

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I love Star Citizen.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Colostomy Bag posted:

Isn't all the clothing in the game basically a place holder until it is refactored?

Star Citizen > A Place Holder Until It Is Refactored

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
Star Citizen: F off, non-factor wageslave plebescrubs

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Star Citizen: And I quote, myself

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

TheLastRoboKy posted:

This Citizen is melting down so hard I'm wondering if in four years there'll be anything left of him but a gooey angry mush of molten neckbeard.

There's a thread title in here somewhere I think

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
Star Citizen - had all the time in the world, but I don't.

Jinkeez
Dec 31, 2008
Star Citizen: Better 'lite than Never?

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?
Days like this are my favorite. The game isn't even released yet and shitizens have been griefed into a frothing rage.

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?
I have to confess, Lethality is my alt. I've been pretending to be the worlds biggeset SC fan just so I can berate everyone else in the subreddit with impunity and drive new comers away from the game

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Who would actually be surprised if that were true?

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

What is the kitty trying to eat here, it looks like alien guts

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Article was pretty good imo, a bit... cautious, maybe? Very focused on giving Chris the opportunity to respond to everything. Then again if this is the first in a series it will have to be the even-handed one they hope will get the spergs to not shut off their brains immediately, I wanna read the next one.

Also pretty great to know that ~traditional gaming media~ has been working on this for seven months, I hope they're not the only ones doing it

I have a different take - I think it was a great idea to get Chris Roberts's quotes directly to show the world how out of touch he is with the project he claims to be the last word for on everything. The best way to show CR is deluded is to give him the chance to respond to the very consistent accusations that have dogged him ever since The Escapist.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

LOL CIG is trying to hire network engineers from the people posting comments to the kotaku.uk story:

http://disq.us/p/1c79kv4

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
What a day.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

D1E posted:

LOL CIG is trying to hire network engineers from the people posting comments to the kotaku.uk story:

http://disq.us/p/1c79kv4

Bunnyman is in there too.

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

thank god vr is covered then.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

SelenicMartian posted:

The article explains the looks of the staff.

That dude looks like he should be in MiBIII and have a little alien controlling him from a cockpit inside his skull.

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

This counteracts literally EVERYTHING citizens have been touting for year... Illfonic contract being up and they suck cause of the fidelity simply not matching Chris' vision (lol), or how "easy" it was to switch to 64 bit precision, and many other wonderful theory-crafted guesses.

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

Jason Sextro posted:

I have a different take - I think it was a great idea to get Chris Roberts's quotes directly to show the world how out of touch he is with the project he claims to be the last word for on everything. The best way to show CR is deluded is to give him the chance to respond to the very consistent accusations that have dogged him ever since The Escapist.

I agree. Without the Roberts quote people could just dismiss stuff like Illfonic and CIG not communicating scale and blowing months of worth. They'd just say it was hearsay and made up. But now we get to hear it straight from the horses mouth.

The true believers will still dismiss it out of hand as not important, but they would do that anyways. The difference is that otherwise they would dismiss it as never happening in the first place. It's a great article.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I think the best part is that there are absolutely CIG employees who are reading that article and just now finding out about something.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Charles Get-Out posted:

What is the kitty trying to eat here, it looks like alien guts

best guess is Pacific saury.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

D1E posted:

the loudest denouncers of Star Citizen seem to be disgruntled employees and industry has-beens

Wait, but Chris isn't a denouncer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

AP posted:

CIG shouldn't have responded to questions for that I think, there's just more blood in the water now for the media. Responding let them try to spin it but Citizens will actually read it now for the buried CIG quotes.

I think the ego of key players would prevent them from allowing unstable underlings from making statements.

The amount of strangle hold control evident in these is startling. I'm shocked they have any employees at all. :(

• Locked thread