Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Xythe posted:

fried chicken is the worst form of chicken

You wanna die, my man?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

It's really easy to mess up fried chicken guys. I've had plenty of dry, flavorless fried chicken.

Fried chicken should be juicy after you get through the skin (how you spice the skin is a matter of individual taste, but if you're not using some kind of blend of flavors you might as well just grill).

Xythe
Aug 4, 2010

Stop getting mad at video games. No stop insulting his mother what is wrong with you.

MariusLecter posted:

You wanna die, my man?

To be fair if it's buffalo wings prepared correctly fried chicken is pretty good.

If it's barely seasoned dreck with no sauce on it you can go ahead and take that back and instead give me some real food, thanks.

Picnic Princess posted:

Why are you posting on SA?

I'm unsure if it is my opinion that "fried chicken is generally not good", or that I don't live with my parents makes you ask this, but the answer is I paid my :10bux: and by george I'm gonna shitpost my moneys worth.

Xythe has a new favorite as of 13:03 on Sep 21, 2016

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Xythe posted:

When I was a child the only chicken I was served was either fried chicken or chicken alfredo, so I thought I hated chicken until I moved out. It turns out I hate the poo poo out of alfredo, and fried chicken is the worst form of chicken. Turns out if the chicken is cooked in a form that isn't covered in garbage cheese or deep fried in fat it's pretty good.

Parmesan isn't garbage cheese unless you buy garbage "Parmesan". Sorry for your loss.

Xythe
Aug 4, 2010

Stop getting mad at video games. No stop insulting his mother what is wrong with you.

Subjunctive posted:

Parmesan isn't garbage cheese unless you buy garbage "Parmesan". Sorry for your loss.

Parmesan is pretty bad. Even on spaghetti. But that's just like, my opinion, man.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Then again you can literally take parmesan out of the garbage and no-one will notice the difference.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Kwyndig posted:

It's really easy to mess up fried chicken guys. I've had plenty of dry, flavorless fried chicken.

Fried chicken should be juicy after you get through the skin (how you spice the skin is a matter of individual taste, but if you're not using some kind of blend of flavors you might as well just grill).

Buttermilk, son. You don't even need skin on it if you've got buttermilk.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

I love that downy makes actual air fresheners now to stop people from putting downy in scentsy melters.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
http://i.imgur.com/kwLapft.gifv

Soak pans to remove burnt food.

#lifehack

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Oh god don't immediately put it out for use after putting a loving dryer sheet on it. Wash it first.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

What does the dryer sheet do?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Len posted:

Besides potentially add toxic chemicals to your pan? No loving clue, lots of lifehacks like to include dryer sheets for no good reason.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Platystemon posted:

http://i.imgur.com/kwLapft.gifv

Soak pans to remove burnt food.

#lifehack

I trust you, guy who cooks on a hotplate.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Kwyndig posted:

Besides potentially add toxic chemicals to your pan? No loving clue, lots of lifehacks like to include dryer sheets for no good reason.

I would think filling it with water and then turning it on would be better and faster than the dryer sheet. That's how we always cleaned dutch ovens in scouts at least. Fill them with water/snow and then boil it. The poo poo that's stuck gets loose and BOOM now you have an easy to clean pot.

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

Dryer sheets help keep your pasta from turning into lintguini

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Kwyndig posted:

It waste your time and 5¢ and does nothing else.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I just googled it out of curiosity and I can find a website going back to 2007 that says to use dryer sheets for this but doesn't actually explain how/why it works. I honestly think someone did it once and posted it on the internet and now it's just a thing.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Len posted:

I would think filling it with water and then turning it on would be better and faster than the dryer sheet. That's how we always cleaned dutch ovens in scouts at least. Fill them with water/snow and then boil it. The poo poo that's stuck gets loose and BOOM now you have an easy to clean pot.

Well yeah, that's because the water is doing most of the scrubbing for you when it boils (as long as it's covered, since you mentioned dutch ovens). Water is great at getting into tiny cracks and crevices and then, because it's incompressible, smashing the hell out of things when subjected to heat and pressure (or cold, freezing is also good for breaking things with water).

Lifehack: fill your dirty pans with water and stick them in the freezer :v:

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Len posted:

It is to the lifehacker as what the egg is to the HowToBasic guy.

CharlieWhiskey
Aug 18, 2005

everything, all the time

this is the world

Len posted:

The new lifehack in the scouts is to line your dutch oven with aluminum foil so you don't get the cast iron dirty. I rolled my eyes when I found out, like when I find people who keep plastic covers on their furniture. Why even have or touch objects on earth

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Kwyndig posted:

lots of lifehacks like to include dryer sheets for no good reason.

Its because when you're at Costco, you can never remember if you're close to out or not. So you buy another 500 count package. And now you have more dryer sheets than you can ever use in your lifetime, so you have to come up with someway to use them.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

CharlieWhiskey posted:

The new lifehack in the scouts is to line your dutch oven with aluminum foil so you don't get the cast iron dirty. I rolled my eyes when I found out, like when I find people who keep plastic covers on their furniture. Why even have or touch objects on earth

We did that too (about 10-13 years ago) but sometimes poo poo still leaked onto the cast iron

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

flosofl posted:

Its because when you're at Costco, you can never remember if you're close to out or not. So you buy another 500 count package. And now you have more dryer sheets than you can ever use in your lifetime, so you have to come up with someway to use them.

Lifehack: don't use dryer sheets, use liquid fabric softener instead.

Or if you're like me and have allergies to fabric softener, don't use either.

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

This isn't Middle Earth, Quentin. There aren't enough noble quests to go around.

flosofl posted:

This is like a glimpse in the mirror. I have so loving many dryer sheets for this very reason.

I like to put dryer sheets in my suitcase before I leave for tour (I work on a touring theater show and I am gone for 4-6 months at a time). The dryer sheets help keep the clothes fresh-smelling. But that's basically what they're designed for, so :shrug:

CellBlock
Oct 6, 2005

It just don't stop.

Kwyndig posted:

Lifehack: don't use dryer sheets, use liquid fabric softener instead.

Or if you're like me and have allergies to fabric softener, don't use either.

I stuck one of those bars inside my dryer, but now they're discontinued.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Kwyndig posted:

Out of clean clothes? Fashion a onesie from dryer sheets and bread tags. Walla!

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

CellBlock posted:

I stuck one of those bars inside my dryer, but now they're discontinued.

I used to transcribe customer feedback from P&G, apparently the dryer bars could break in the dryer, which would crumble powdered fabric softener all over your clothes, and people hated that.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Life hack:

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
I dry mine with a towel.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

How do you dry the towels?

Fashionably Great
Jul 10, 2008
You throw out the used, wet towels. Walla!

insta
Jan 28, 2009
Uh no dipshit, you upcycle them into artisanal bathmats.

... On the floor, like an animal.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum
No, that's the beauty of it, in the winter the towels simply freeze to death!

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Paper towels.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Well obviously.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxjRcyfRjkg

Hello Meow
Nov 9, 2009
I sure love covering my expensive phone with a piece of shell of glue that looks like something my grandma made.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Hello Meow posted:

I sure love covering my expensive phone with a piece of shell of glue that looks like something my grandma made.

If you give a poo poo what your phone looks like, I don't know what to tell you.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
I bet all that loving goop is a great shock absorbent. What, you not utilitarian?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
All those stupid steps and a dryer sheet when all you need is water and Dawn.