Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Pastry of the Year posted:

"Huddy Mra Buddy" sounds like the name of a doll that, when you pull its string, will tell you all about ladder theory

I don't want to ask... No, I do want to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

WrenP-Complete posted:

I guess ladder theory was this belief a man's desirability to women was like his ELO ranking in a video game I think. Something like that.

Male Tiers
Dec 27, 2012

Why don't you just lay down your weapons now?
Posted in a meme sharing group??

Male Tiers has a new favorite as of 16:37 on Sep 23, 2016

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

WrenP-Complete posted:

(with apologies to LoB)

When a female meets a male in the wild she automatically puts the male on one of two ladders (fig.1). While this choice is a subconscious decision one must be aware that this process does occur. Before this point the male does not reside on either of the two ladders because he is not important enough to even consider. The property of these two ladder classifications that should be clear is the fact that they are two separate classifications with little to no overlap. The main factor that determines what ladder a male is classified into is attraction(2).

FRIENDSHIP LADDER

Once a male has been put onto the friend ladder his chances of transferring over to the lover ladder become very unlikely. It is possible for him to become better friends with the female therefore advancing towards the top of the friend ladder, but as the male advances towards the top of the friend ladder the gap between the friend ladder and the lover ladder grows larger. Because of this, as friendship builds the shock a female will feel when a male eventually confesses his love for her grows in proportion to time.

While it is still possible for a guy to transfer from the friend ladder to the lover ladder it is as close to impossible as one could get. Rare cases where a friendship developed into an intimate relationship(3) include factors such as a gut level attraction between both parties before the friendship began (therefore really being classified as a long-term secret crush, which is put on the bottom rungs of the lover ladder as opposed to being a part of the friend ladder), or a guy completely reinventing himself into a completely different person (see the film Just Friends). Other outside factors such as a relationship between friends being developed into a friendship merely because of the fact that the female was already involved in a physical/intimate relationship with another male at the time the friendship had begun.

With that said I must re-state something. TRANSFER FROM THE FRIEND LADDER TO THE LOVER LADDER IS AS CLOSE TO IMPOSSIBLE AS ONE COULD GET.

LOVER LADDER

I use “Lover ladder” as a blanket term to describe relationships ranging from crushes to “going steady,” and every “complicated” relationship in between. This is because the lover ladder is much more complex than the friend ladder. Similar to the friend ladder, if a guy has been put on the lover ladder the likelihood of him being put on the friend ladder is very unlikely. The closer the guy is to the bottom of the ladder the greater the possibility of him being able to transfer over to the friend ladder (though it is usually the female’s choice to put him on the friend ladder or the “Just Friends” zone).

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

posted by a 61 year old woman, a friend of my parents who misspelled her own name when setting up her Facebook profile

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

It's not like string theory at all.

Coucho Marx
Mar 2, 2009

kick back and relax

Something American posters may have missed: this was shared by India's cricket captain, who is a big loving deal there.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

http://imgur.com/gallery/bPudY

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
Seriously rioting should be saved for important things.

like sports.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Once a male has been put onto the friend ladder his chances of transferring over to the lover ladder become very unlikely. It is possible for him to become better friends with the female therefore advancing towards the top of the friend ladder, but as the male advances towards the top of the friend ladder the gap between the friend ladder and the lover ladder grows larger. Because of this, as friendship builds the shock a female will feel when a male eventually confesses his love for her grows in proportion to time.
It's hinted at here, but you left out the bit about how men only have one ladder, because men are only "friends" with women they secretly want to have sex with.

Jables88
Jul 26, 2010
Tortured By Flan

Idiots on Social Media: Kids had rights, blah, blah, blah

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

But would the same people say it would be okay for her to be shot for non-compliance?

Hatrocious
Jan 1, 2013

LOOTED NOTHING.
BURNED NOTHING.
ATTACKED NO ONE.

STILL GOT SHOT

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

(with apologies to LoB)

When a female meets a male in the wild she automatically puts the male on one of two ladders (fig.1). While this choice is a subconscious decision one must be aware that this process does occur. Before this point the male does not reside on either of the two ladders because he is not important enough to even consider. The property of these two ladder classifications that should be clear is the fact that they are two separate classifications with little to no overlap. The main factor that determines what ladder a male is classified into is attraction(2).

FRIENDSHIP LADDER

While it is still possible for a guy to transfer from the friend ladder to the lover ladder it is as close to impossible as one could get. Rare cases where a friendship developed into an intimate relationship(3) include factors such as a gut level attraction between both parties before the friendship began (therefore really being classified as a long-term secret crush, which is put on the bottom rungs of the lover ladder as opposed to being a part of the friend ladder), or a guy completely reinventing himself into a completely different person (see the film Just Friends). Other outside factors such as a relationship between friends being developed into a friendship merely because of the fact that the female was already involved in a physical/intimate relationship with another male at the time the friendship had begun.

With that said I must re-state something. TRANSFER FROM THE FRIEND LADDER TO THE LOVER LADDER IS AS CLOSE TO IMPOSSIBLE AS ONE COULD GET.

LOVER LADDER

I use “Lover ladder” as a blanket term to describe relationships ranging from crushes to “going steady,” and every “complicated” relationship in between. This is because the lover ladder is much more complex than the friend ladder. Similar to the friend ladder, if a guy has been put on the lover ladder the likelihood of him being put on the friend ladder is very unlikely. The closer the guy is to the bottom of the ladder the greater the possibility of him being able to transfer over to the friend ladder (though it is usually the female’s choice to put him on the friend ladder or the “Just Friends” zone).

I always liked the idiots pushing the metaphor by saying you can jump from one to the other but you have to be high enough on the friendship ladder before jumping because gravity will pull you down. So if you were high enough you can grab onto a lower rung on the sex ladder but if you were to low you just fall off the ladders completely into the oblivion of the female mind.

It's so amazingly dumb.

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
I'm probably going to regret asking this, but has anyone ever come up with a tortured metaphor/"theory" for how the male brain works with regards to relationships, or is this just a "females are bizarre animals that are impossible to understand" thing?

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Parasol Prophet posted:

I'm probably going to regret asking this, but has anyone ever come up with a tortured metaphor/"theory" for how the male brain works with regards to relationships, or is this just a "females are bizarre animals that are impossible to understand" thing?

Only females can cheat
was chopping it up with my brother about this.
When men go out and "cheat" its just sex (yea i might have took that bytch to applebees but i take you to papadeauxs)
women cheat its deeper than that. they actually like that nikka
we get caught cheating we cut that bytch off immediately cus we dont wanna lose her
they get caught and be devastated cus they dont wanna lose they other guy
When you think about it its not even cheating just masturbation with another bytch.
and masturbating aint cheating

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Parasol Prophet posted:

Are you asking for a neuroscience answer? I can check with my buds in SAL, but I don't think human brains are sex dimorphic like that.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

WrenP-Complete posted:

Are you asking for a neuroscience answer? I can check with my buds in SAL, but I don't think human brains are sex dimorphic like that.

They're asking for a social media-sourced answer that's too lovely, contrived, and essentialist to even qualify as daytime-tv pop psychology.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
I mean, Cosmo and the like have been doing that poo poo for years

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

CommonShore posted:

They're asking for a social media-sourced answer that's too lovely, contrived, and essentialist to even qualify as daytime-tv pop psychology.

Great.

Edit: I ask because once in a long while I post in the wrong thread somehow and it's very confusing.

WrenP-Complete has a new favorite as of 19:14 on Sep 23, 2016

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Parasol Prophet posted:

Men have a single ladder that is sex and frienship combined.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

WrenP-Complete posted:

I think it's much more cultural than anything biological.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Fathis Munk posted:

Men have a single ladder that is sex and frienship combined.

You're forgetting the fat chicks ladder.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
No, the fat chicks are on the very bottom of your ladder because you'd still gently caress them if you were really desperate. Duh, what kinda man are you even.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

CommonShore posted:

You're forgetting the fat chicks ladder.

A single rung, slippery with grease.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Fathis Munk posted:

Oh imgur.

Title : Just gained a lot of respect for this dude.

lil wayne accidentally shot himself playing with a gun

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

SmokaDustbowl posted:

lil wayne accidentally shot himself playing with a gun

Trigger discipline is a stong word.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Dreddout posted:

Trigger discipline is a stong word.

R.I.P America !!! You went soft on discipline.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

R.I.P America !!! You went soft on discipline.

We need to put Lil Wayne back in schools!

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

And yet if she didn't stand for the national anthem they'd be screaming for her murder.

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day
Friend posted this thing, then the first comment was from her crazy coworker. It's a doozy. I thought it was copypasta from some troll ... but nope.

I'll bold some of my favorite parts. Remember: this isn't parody.

crazy coworker posted:

Does this mean we should humble ourselves and wear burkas when we don't want too, abide to sheriah law and socailly accept beheading, rape and honor killings.
Perhaps we should all accept regular bombings and completely forget this is America and have our own American history that includes; giving Pledge of Allegiance to the American flag, abiding to our US Constitution and our laws.
Maybe we should all make others happy and never ever openly pray to our God or mention God in public again..

Or maybe make sure we all stop everything we might be doing in our lives so black lives matter group can hold up traffic on major highways causing safety issues and braking societal laws to terrorize the rest of society for not being the right color.

Or possibly never admit to our birth assigned genders because it might offend those so unhappy with theirs they changed it in such a drastic manner they want everyone to be aware even when those who don't want to hear or see.

Or possibly show no boundaries and violate others bounderies and talk about heterosexual sex we had the night before and make others cringe and uneasy as if everyone wants to hear about how we have sex..

Feminism is only some word unhappy females made for themselves to try and guilt men into accepting them as equals.

I am a female from the 60s who watched women talk about equality, truth was as long as you were from an affluent family and had money to do nothing better than protest, it was only those women who came,from money complaining.

Feminists who pushed for my generation of females to fight in the Vietnam war while every so called bra burning feminist sat on their old fat butts doing nothing,but being loud and obnoxious.
It wasn't them who would be putting their lives on the line..it was mine and others like me.

Equality means I choose IF I want to sacrifice my life for my country, not a bunch of old stagnate females who one minute complained how MEN subjectified women and the next a group of lesbian man haters recruited Gloria Steinham and put her into the CENTERFOLD of PLAYBOY Magazine, NAKED for all men to see and subjectify.. Can you say contradiction..

Either support something they too would sacrifice everything including their lives....

Or shut up because last I checked this is still America and the US Constitution long,LONG ago gave equality to ALL Americans.

President John Fitzpatrick Kennedy began the Civl Rights movement, joining him was Martin Luther King.. Then after both were killed, Martin Luther King Jr. Took over and secured EQUALITY for EVERY RACE,.Every GENDER of EVERY AMERICAN..

Every group crying and complaining they don't have equal rights.. They do because people like me joined the United States Military and took an oath to defend our US Constitution against ALL foreign and domestic terrorits who attack and or threaten the United States Constitution that ensures the right to LIFE LIBERTY and the PURSUIT of HAPPINESS..

What every AMERICAN does with their lives is up to them..not me..not anyone else..

If every group can't figure out what makes them,happy...or how to make their lives matter without interupting everyone else, or blaming the world for their poor choices and problems..

It is not up to anyone else to show them the way in their lives to make their lives better..
Their lives belong to them..

Every group complaining they don't have the exact same rights should read the US Constitution because they already do.....

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

Welp guys rap it all up, racism and bigotry never existed because the constitution says so.

scorpiobean
Dec 22, 2004

I'll have one sugar coma drink, please.

Picnic Princess posted:

And yet if she didn't stand for the national anthem they'd be screaming for her murder.

Yeah this was my first thought. Fathis, if possible, please ask the person who posted this about their thoughts on Kaepernick sitting for the anthem :allears:

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

scorpiobean posted:

Yeah this was my first thought. Fathis, if possible, please ask the person who posted this about their thoughts on Kaepernick sitting for the anthem :allears:

Or if they think a cop would have been justified in shooting her for not following orders.

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

china bot posted:

posted by a 61 year old woman, a friend of my parents who misspelled her own name when setting up her Facebook profile

Okay, because of who posted it, that's a little bit rad.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Face it, if the civil rights movement of the 1960s was happening now then people would be throwing out the same bullshit to them in social media.

-Only uppity people got attacked with firehoses and dogs. If they had just complied with police orders like white people do 100%of the time everything would be fine.

-It's downright communist to boycott US businesses and anybody that did it should be arrested for treason!

-People get along way better when they stick to their own kind. Black people already get their own drinking fountains, schools and building entrances. Wanting white people stuff as well is greedy!

-Slavery got outlawed, racism over. End of story!

-We don't have a racism problem, we have a black people whistling at white women problem!

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

It sounds like that person thinks Black Lives Matter is about black people not being able to figure out how to do meaningful things with their lives.

Xen Tricks
Nov 4, 2010

Panfilo posted:

Face it, if the civil rights movement of the 1960s was happening now then people would be throwing out the same bullshit to them in social media.

-Only uppity people got attacked with firehoses and dogs. If they had just complied with police orders like white people do 100%of the time everything would be fine.

-It's downright communist to boycott US businesses and anybody that did it should be arrested for treason!

-People get along way better when they stick to their own kind. Black people already get their own drinking fountains, schools and building entrances. Wanting white people stuff as well is greedy!

-Slavery got outlawed, racism over. End of story!

-We don't have a racism problem, we have a black people whistling at white women problem!

All racist discourse throughout America's history has been exactly the same. These people are saying what their fathers said about desegregation, what their grandfathers said about anti-jim crow, what their forefathers thought about freeing the slaves. It's always been "You have (insert minor right here) so shut up and learn to appreciate your place"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Data Graham posted:

It sounds like that person thinks Black Lives Matter is about black people not being able to figure out how to do meaningful things with their lives.

I mean, it kind of is?

how are you expected to plan out your life when you've already been shot dead by the police?