Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.
"Asked about a possible endorsement, Jason Johnson, Cruz’s chief strategist on the campaign, responded with a photo of himself, with his hand over his face."

ahahahahahaahah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Grovel, scum.

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007

furiouskoala posted:

I really think Trump is going to come out and clobber Hill-dog in the debates. It's going to be like nothing we've seen before in a debate. "You can't even control your husband! Colin Powell, who I respect so much, says Bill Clinton is still nailing bimbos at the house." Make it about Bill's infidelity, lure a bunch of women out who he has banged to drag him through the mud. That's a good strategy.

Blaming a woman for her husband's infidelities: A winning strategy for getting the female vote!

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

This whole time, I've been operating under the assumption that Cruz knows Trump is going to tank and become toxic to national politics, so he's been positioning himself to be the "true conservative" choice in 2020 who didn't bend the knee to that RINO Clinton plant Trump.

Built 4 Cuban Linux
Jul 15, 2007

i own america

Huh. I don't see how this could help him at all. Cruz's support won't actually help Trump, and Trump will probably lose so this just opens up Cruz for attack in 4 years.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Munkeymon posted:

Nope. If you aren't giving the sex workers access to law enforcement and the courts for dispute resolution, you aren't actually helping them.

My position would be this: legalize solicitation, legalize turning tricks, don't legalize buying, don't legalize representation and taking a cut. Make the prostitute the only person with legal power and recourse in the transaction.

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

Built 4 Cuban Linux posted:

Huh. I don't see how this could help him at all. Cruz's support won't actually help Trump, and Trump will probably lose so this just opens up Cruz for attack in 4 years.

Seems like his donors are hounding him and he's taking the coward's way out to make sure he doesn't have to deal with a rough primary in 2018.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

He does realize, after his actions at the Convention, this actually does MORE harm to his image, right?

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

greatn posted:

My position would be this: legalize solicitation, legalize turning tricks, don't legalize buying, don't legalize representation and taking a cut. Make the prostitute the only person with legal power and recourse in the transaction.

So what you're saying is, violence and threats are the only way to keep her in line under your system? She has to fear for her life so she won't go to the cops.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Ego-bot posted:

Blaming a woman for her husband's infidelities: A winning strategy for getting the female vote!

He's going to get very near to 50% of the vote despite actively pissing off more than 50% of the population.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

greatn posted:

What is the point of it being one sided?

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007
A Cruz endorsement would be great because his main reason for refusing to support Trump is because he insulted Cruz's wife and father. If he does endorse, I hope there's a bunch of people asking him about this.

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

#flashbackfriday

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

greatn posted:

This doesn't make sense to me. I mean, I get the goal here, protecting prostitutes from violence and exploitation, and that's a good thing, but it just seems nonsensical to me to make it legal to sell something but not to buy it.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

HannibalBarca posted:

#flashbackfriday

:allears:

I love it.

Crocobile
Dec 2, 2006

furiouskoala posted:

I really think Trump is going to come out and clobber Hill-dog in the debates. It's going to be like nothing we've seen before in a debate. "You can't even control your husband! Colin Powell, who I respect so much, says Bill Clinton is still nailing bimbos at the house." Make it about Bill's infidelity, lure a bunch of women out who he has banged to drag him through the mud. That's a good strategy.

Tbh I don't think that really plays well with women. Colin Powell sounded like a catty piece of poo poo in that email, and if Trump brings that stuff up it opens the floodgates to Clinton baiting & slamming him on his own gross attitudes/actions towards women.

Will this be the first time Trump speaks in front of a live audience that won't be screaming and cheering for him? I'm hoping Trump flails in the deafening silence. :ohdear:

God I can't wait until this election is over.

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

So much for Zodiac Killer 2020.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx
Doesn't the way Nevada handle legal prostitution work fairly well?

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

furiouskoala posted:

That actually sounds like it'd be disastrous for him to put in the spotlight. The people out there who see Bill's infidelity as a mark against Hillary are already firmly in the Trump camp, and Hillary actually gets more popular when, for instance, Monica Lewinsky is brought up, especially among women.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

furiouskoala posted:

This is a great strategy to make him lose even more of the woman vote, yes. "Your husband fucks other women and it's all your fault" as an attack against Clinton during the debates would be one of the biggest gifts Trump could give her short of saying nobody likes her because she's a naggy bitch.

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

A Winner is Jew posted:

Doesn't the way Nevada handle legal prostitution work fairly well?

Also most of the rest of the civilized world.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Please Zodiac Killer, please bend the knee :pray:

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

CommieGIR posted:

He does realize, after his actions at the Convention, this actually does MORE harm to his image, right?

Cruz only has one button: The Betray Button. He can't resist hammering that motherfucker as hard as he can no matter what the situation and if it benefits him at all.

I've said all along the man isn't nearly as smart as people (or he) think he is.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

:lol: Not a good thing for Trump. Makes him seem like just another Republican, when it comes down to what little substance he has.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Majorian posted:

:lol: Not a good thing for Trump. Makes him seem like just another Republican, when it comes down to what little substance he has.

This is bad for Cruz but not necessarily bad for Trump. Trump's absolute biggest goal right now should be looking as much like just another Republican as he can. He needs to be even further normalized if he wants any prayer, and his cult of personality idiot followers are behind him enough that if he was savvy he'd actually have the leeway to nod and wink to them while he does it; basically nothing he can do short of losing the election is going to cool off his base now and if he was smart he'd be hammering the 'I'm just a GOP operative I'll rubberstamp your poo poo and not start no wars' buttons.

He's not smart. His handlers are, occasionally, smart, but he himself needs to be led about like a child.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

ComradeCosmobot posted:

Accompanying Chief Justice Theil, Trump has also floated Associate Justice Mike Lee.

Oh wait, never mind.

Also: 46% of Americans think Trump will use nuclear weapons.

"Just 22% of Trump supporters expect him to start a nuclear war."

These people are a goddamn death cult.

0% of anyone's supporters should expect them to start a nuclear war because "starting a nuclear war" is something that should disqualify anyone from support.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

FairGame posted:

"Just 22% of Trump supporters expect him to start a nuclear war."

These people are a goddamn death cult.

0% of anyone's supporters should expect them to start a nuclear war because "starting a nuclear war" is something that should disqualify anyone from support.

Fascism has always had an element of the death cult to it.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Zodiac Killer is doing a gambit.

Say he's going to endorse, tells Trump to get a the best, great photo op ready, and then on live tv Zodiac Killer takes off his human form and reveals his cosmic horror form.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

PhazonLink posted:

Zodiac Killer is doing a gambit.

Say he's going to endorse, tells Trump to get a the best, great photo op ready, and then on live tv Zodiac Killer takes off his human form and reveals his cosmic horror form.

I will be in loving stitches if this is another sleight of hand.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

PhazonLink posted:

takes off his human form and reveals his cosmic horror form.

I'm trying to think of what could possibly be worse than his regular clammy Uncanny Valley form

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Night10194 posted:

I will be in loving stitches if this is another sleight of hand.

I might have to appreciate him if he does that again

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Bumping this classic from USPol: April.

JonathonSpectre posted:

I just want to remind everyone of something.

One of the most loathsome people to ever loving live on this planet, Zodiac Killer, backstabbed and hosed over every person he came in contact with for the past four years, forced his party into a bunch of no-win scenarios that made them look stupid and clueless, and generally called out everyone in his entire party as a bunch of commiesymp Islamolibs who want to dress up as a gay-married woman and gently caress a child in a public bathroom. He did all of these things knowingly, burning every bridge he's ever crossed, mauling every hand that's ever fed him, all in service of one dream: He would become the Republican nominee in 2016 and win the Presidency and then the trail of blood and nightmares he left behind wouldn't matter because gently caress you I'm POTUS that's why.

He sacrificed everything to this goal, and he's going to lose by a small number of delegates to the political equivalent of the Fukushima meltdown. His strategy would (probably) have worked! It's pretty clear that the JEB! never stood a chance regardless of how much money he raised because he's a loving walking Ambien who conservatives thoroughly despise, Scott Walker couldn't even figure out how to hire someone who understood things like "a budget," Ben Carson looks like an attractive candidate up until he has to speak in anything other than meaningless fortune-cookie platitudes, etc. All that work, all that planning, all that treachery, all that time.

ALL FOR loving NOTHING AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

He's been reaching for this brass ring his entire life, leaning farther and farther out from his carousel horse. What would he lose first, his balance, or his nerve? But he never flinched, leaning out further and further with each turn of the carousel, and then just before, just before his fingertip brushed it an orange hand came out of nowhere and took that bitch right away from him, right in front of him, and there was never anything he could do to stop it. Now all that's left is the fall.

There aren't words in any language to describe the joy it brings me to see such a heinous, hateful motherfucker destroyed in such a gut-wrenching, miserable way. Tonight was the beginning of Zodiac Killer's descent to a talk radio host saying things like, "Well, when *I* was in the United States Senate, let me tell you..."

Ted is a mess.
Ted is a waste.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Please god tell me that this is the prelude to another Chris Christie-style hostage video news conference where the Zodiac Killer is trapped on silently stage in camera shot behind Trump and cannot move for 90 minutes until Trump finally runs out of things to bargle about :pray:

Also, please, god, let Mark Cuban go full Shark Tank on Trump during the debate on Monday. Just stare daggers at him the whole time, make obvious jerk-off motions with his hands, and then shout out "bullshit!" when Trump starts talking about economic stuff.

TVarmy
Sep 11, 2011

like food and water, my posting has no intrinsic value

We should take a lesson from other narcissistic folks.

Get one of Trump's old flames to say he likes ladies doing stuff to his butt. He'll be yelling about butt stuff for a month.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Trabisnikof posted:

So what you're saying is, violence and threats are the only way to keep her in line under your system? She has to fear for her life so she won't go to the cops.

No, the opposite. She doesn't have to fear the cops, only those who would abuse have to fear the cops.

I get what you're saying, though, I think. That it's similar to something like a death sentence for pedophiles encouraging them to go ahead and murder their victims so there's no witness and it's a death sentence anyway?

Yeah you could be right. But I feel like heavily regulating the sex industry also takes away sex workers freedom and assigns monetary value to them as a person.

I feel like you probably need a hybrid approach, but I don't feel like full legalization and regulation would work in sex workers favor, it would just officially make them an exploited end product of a corporation.

In any event I believe women(and men) in the sex industry need to have(in no order)
1) autonomy 2) no fear of reprisal and 3) safety
And I don't really know the best path there. But it is admittedly not something I think about much.

furiouskoala
Aug 4, 2007

Evil Fluffy posted:

This is a great strategy to make him lose even more of the woman vote, yes. "Your husband fucks other women and it's all your fault" as an attack against Clinton during the debates would be one of the biggest gifts Trump could give her short of saying nobody likes her because she's a naggy bitch.

He should just punt on all but the most religious women, who he can get just by being anti-abortion. Go after her on this in an attempt to get poorly educated men of color on his side.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

WeAreTheRomans posted:

I'm trying to think of what could possibly be worse than his regular clammy Uncanny Valley form

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nywEwS6xitY

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

furiouskoala posted:

He should just punt on all but the most religious women, who he can get just by being anti-abortion. Go after her on this in an attempt to get poorly educated men of color on his side.

Losing women by 5% is bad. Losing women by 20% is 'I cannot possibly win an election and the Democrats retake the house.'

Pissing off women further is a really, really bad plan for him.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Serf posted:

Ted Cruz stands in front of the assembled press, sweating soup-juice through his ill-fitting Ted Cruz skinsuit. He adjusts his tie and sweeps a small piece of white matter from his lip with his oddly forked tongue.

Leaning into the microphone he puts on his best snake-oil salesman voice and speaks. "Ladies and gentlemen, I am here to declare support for my candidate for President of the United States: Hillary Clinton."

All are still and silent as from the distant tower, ever-visible on the horizon, as the Eye of Trump turns to Texas.

What I hope happens. :bernin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

furiouskoala posted:

Please, tell me more about how "poorly educated men of color" will respond to this :allears:

you racist schmuck.

• Locked thread