Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Travis343 posted:

Yeah because being banned always keeps lovely posters out of BSS

I feel like there's some sort of sarcastic subtext here that I'm not catching.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Travis343 posted:

Yeah because being banned always keeps lovely posters out of BSS

Rhyno posted:

If hell dump was still around I'd have put DT on blast like 80 times by now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSTNuYBG0OQ&t=3414s

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Do I even want to know what this whole rape thing is about?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Roth posted:

Do I even want to know what this whole rape thing is about?

He made a post equating what had happened to fictional Jason Todd to actual, real world rape. He edited it but it was so disgusting that it pretty much made me instantly hate him forever.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Rhyno posted:

He made a post equating what had happened to fictional Jason Todd to actual, real world rape. He edited it but it was so disgusting that it pretty much made me instantly hate him forever.

Time to take up drinking.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I've seen people equate the following to rape:

-skyrim mod packs created without the original modders' permission
-an anime video game character being given more clothes in the US localization of the game
-hugging royalty
-a bad adaptation of a book in movie form
-putting a gamergate joke in an anime
-the art in Squirrel Girl

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Lurdiak posted:

I've seen people equate the following to rape:

-skyrim mod packs created without the original modders' permission
-an anime video game character being given more clothes in the US localization of the game
-hugging royalty
-a bad adaptation of a book in movie form
-putting a gamergate joke in an anime
-the art in Squirrel Girl

Add in all the goddamned stupid poo poo he's posted on these forums about Red Hood and he puts me over the edge.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
He's one of the only two forum regulars I've put on ignore. It's great to have different perspectives on things, but.... Goddamn.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Soonmot posted:

He's one of the only two forum regulars I've put on ignore. It's great to have different perspectives on things, but.... Goddamn.

I mean, I am fully aware of how much of a fuckstick I have been at times but I really feel like I add to the forums these days. DT is literally a waste of breathable air.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Dario the Wop posted:

It's a straw that broke the camel's back thing. I lurk more than post and I could see that. DT was the first poster I ever put on ignore.

I didn't know there was an ignore function. Or is it platinum only?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Wheat Loaf posted:

Platinum only.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

The ignore function is the only way to read YOSPOS.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I have everyone on ignore and just guess at what the current conversation is about in any given thread.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Here is a list of goons I love in no real order.

1. All of you.
2. None of you.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm watching that Batman & Son movie. Batman got date-raped? But eventually got into it so it was cool?

What the gently caress?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

It's DC animation's goal to ruin every possible story with creepy sex.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I'm proud of you guys putting DT or Wicked Hate or whoever on ignore if you don't like their posts. I'd also like you to put your posts about them on ignore for the rest of us if you can figure out how to do that. Thanks.

X-O fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Sep 22, 2016

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Unless they retcon Damien to be Jesus there was some creepy sex regardless.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Wheat Loaf posted:

Click on someone's profile and at the bottom are 2 buttons "Add to Buddy List" and "Add to Ignore List" and it's not platinum only unless someone upgraded me without my knowledge.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
In fairness, I can't hate a movie that has a Bat-Ape in it

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
So as several people have messaged me about my recent posts I feel the need to apologize for being such an rear end in a top hat the last few weeks. I appreciate the concern and I will try to stop being such a oval office.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Lurdiak posted:

It's DC animation's goal to ruin every possible story with creepy sex.

Actually no, Morrison's original comics hosed that one up too. Originally it was very much consensual but when Morrison referenced Son of the Demon he "misremembered" how Batman and Talia hooked up and made it date rape. So as lovely as those movies are that one is at least accurate to the source.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Travis343 posted:

Actually no, Morrison's original comics hosed that one up too. Originally it was very much consensual but when Morrison referenced Son of the Demon he "misremembered" how Batman and Talia hooked up and made it date rape. So as lovely as those movies are that one is at least accurate to the source.

Well, not to let Morrison off the hook for being a creepy gently caress, but if I was the movie guys I would've, you know, not kept that particular detail faithful to the comics. But that's just me.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Justice League Action is the only animated DC thing I care about now. Even that Adam West one just has that same, boring animation style all of their movies have had for years now.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Roth posted:

Justice League Action is the only animated DC thing I care about now. Even that Adam West one just has that same, boring animation style all of their movies have had for years now.

Is the batman 66 movie out yet? And the story and voice work should make up for the animation.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Lurdiak posted:

Well, not to let Morrison off the hook for being a creepy gently caress, but if I was the movie guys I would've, you know, not kept that particular detail faithful to the comics. But that's just me.

I think it's in the contract they can only deviate from the comics if it would make them worse.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
It's been awhile since I read Son of the Demon, but it would have been hard to fold "Batman marries Talia, has a baby with her and accepts Ra's Al Ghul's offer to be his heir" into main continuity with out adding either drugs or mind control.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Skwirl posted:

It's been awhile since I read Son of the Demon, but it would have been hard to fold "Batman marries Talia, has a baby with her and accepts Ra's Al Ghul's offer to be his heir" into main continuity with out adding either drugs or mind control.

There was so much weirdness going on with Son of the Demon that it made sense for Morrison to pick and chose out of it, but it still doesn't excuse the date rape vibe of Batman.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Skwirl posted:

Not really? There's a lot you can do with Batman having to associate with the League to mitigate the damage they do. They'd eventually introduce a worse organization like the Court of Owls, Black Glove, or SPYRAL, and the League becomes the League of Batmen or something.

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

Die Laughing posted:

Not really? There's a lot you can do with Batman having to associate with the League to mitigate the damage they do. They'd eventually introduce a worse organization like the Court of Owls, Black Glove, or SPYRAL, and the League becomes the League of Batmen or something.

Eh I can kinda see that for the Ras part but having a kid is something else. Batman having an unexpected child means threading a pretty small needle to avoid things getting weird.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Is it really that hard to believe Batman boned one of his long-time love interests?

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Yeah you really don't have to get into the entire plot of Son of the Demon, which involves Batman just kind of living with the Al Ghul family for a while and keeping his mask on the entire time. Him and Talia have a pretty established past of romance and flirtation, all you had to do to not be creepy as poo poo was make it consensual.

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

Lurdiak posted:

Is it really that hard to believe Batman boned one of his long-time love interests?

No but, and as much as I'd rather not get into superhero sex chat, I would assume that Batman would not have unprotected sex. I think a big problem I have is that you're springing an unexpected grown child on Batman and it meshes poorly with how the character is usually portrayed and drifts into uncomfortable blame issuance, in a way that wouldn't be as much of an issue with, say, Hawkeye or Guy Gardner (kinda guessing on the latter).

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
My proposed solution is that Talia took some of Bruce's blood to create artificial sperm with which to turkey baster.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

WickedHate posted:

My proposed solution is that Talia took some of Bruce's blood to create artificial sperm with which to turkey baster.

you could just say that she took Bruce's blood and made a clone with half his DNA and half her DNA. You didn't need to include sci-fi spermjacking.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Zachack posted:

No but, and as much as I'd rather not get into superhero sex chat, I would assume that Batman would not have unprotected sex. I think a big problem I have is that you're springing an unexpected grown child on Batman and it meshes poorly with how the character is usually portrayed and drifts into uncomfortable blame issuance, in a way that wouldn't be as much of an issue with, say, Hawkeye or Guy Gardner (kinda guessing on the latter).

I've got that covered, too.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Zachack posted:

Now I might be the one misremembering Son of the Demon but I think Bats was quite happy when he heard Talia was pregnant.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Can it please just be consensual sex and not some evil plan involving date rape or stealing DNA or any sort of that creepy poo poo?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Roth posted:

Can it please just be consensual sex and not some evil plan involving date rape or stealing DNA or any sort of that creepy poo poo?

i see someone doesn't get comics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Roth posted:

How else are you going to communicate that these are mature stories for grown up adults?

• Locked thread