Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

rabidsquid posted:

my good and attractive friend lovechop understands that KOG MAW IS BACK BABAYYYYY
woolite the godmaw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Manic_Misanthrope posted:

Holy poo poo, I just got Pulsefire Ez as a mystery gift from Riot. I don't even like playing Ezreal.

You have to play ezreal and complain about the quality of the skin now that's the rules

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Manic_Misanthrope posted:

Holy poo poo, I just got Pulsefire Ez as a mystery gift from Riot. I don't even like playing Ezreal.

Time for a true display of skill

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

Kashuno posted:

You have to play ezreal and complain about the quality of the skin now that's the rules

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
hahahahaha

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

Mystery Prize posted:

That's not what I'm saying at all; I'm saying that I've found them to work the best, so I'm going to stick to using them. If you find mobis to work better for your playstyle, more power to you.

I just don't like being condescended to, as if I don't know how to play the champ. :(

Also, Merc treads on sona in Plat plus have a 1.2% higher win rate than mobis, though swifties and sorcs are both slightly higher still.

They're definitely a solid option, although probably more situational than other boots (albeit a situation that comes up a lot as sona).

And idk, tenacity is a distinct and valuable stat separate from magic resistance, so it seems kind of reductionist to say that you're gettin mr elsewhere so therefore Merc treads are redundant. If tenacity is the difference between dying instantly and getting out, or even dying without ulting versus getting your ult off first that can be pretty huge.

Obviously, ymmv, and opportunity cost is hard to quantity in this game but it goes both ways.

Safety Scissors
Feb 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I think people theorycraft about items a bit too much. I don't think completely optimal builds are necessary in most levels of solo q. At the very least it's been repeatedly proven that double sheen is not suboptimal enough to keep you out of D4.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Imo I don't see the point of Merc threads of squishy support like Sona maybe on Zyra because Zyra tends to build more hp compared to Sona so there is a legit chance you might survive even though you can't heal yourself. If you really want more survivability like I said getting cdr shoes + insight its 25% summoner cdr that is pretty good. Also merc threads on non tank support is awkward build path you get MR which doesn't help vs the adc in lane and the cost is 200g more than mobis/swift/lucidity. Movespeed is great on jungler and support so nearly all pros rush tier2 boots after sightstone or first jungle item.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

Safety Scissors posted:

I think people theorycraft about items a bit too much. I don't think completely optimal builds are necessary in most levels of solo q. At the very least it's been repeatedly proven that double sheen is not suboptimal enough to keep you out of D4.

lol

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Safety Scissors posted:

This might be the best stealth own I've ever seen

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Its not like every disable in LoL is single targeted; the sooner you can recover from a flash tibbers, or veigar cage, any of the mountains of aoe slows, Zyra root, etc. The sooner you can counter-ult to help your team either disengage or turn the fight around.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
Keeping URF a featured game mode remains Riot's single most puzzling decision in my eyes.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
What do you mean

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all

Aumanor posted:

Keeping URF a featured game mode remains Riot's single most puzzling decision in my eyes.

Would get old to the point of not being any fun if it was on all the time. Pretty low on the list of 'puzzling decisions'

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Voxx posted:

Would get old to the point of not being any fun if it was on all the time. Pretty low on the list of 'puzzling decisions'

I dunno, it's definitely the most fun I'm having playing this game.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
it's like the oldest special game mode, so the "URF meta" has been figured out many times over with the good champs being stupid bullshit while the bad champions are really bad but that still won't stop your team from picking draven into the 4 fizz's and a sona

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Aumanor posted:

and yet

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
All Random URF is the best

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
ARAM rerolls are the worst thing since sliced hitler

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Neurolimal posted:

On the contrary: I had to play a Nunu game on ARAM due to being out of rerolls and I wanted to die.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Neurolimal posted:

My friend has 3 lvl 30 Aram only accounts leveled up specifically for that with only good Aram champs on them. He rerolls twice on each and then dodges until he gets a strong champ. Triggered?

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

My friend has 3 lvl 30 Aram only accounts leveled up specifically for that with only good Aram champs on them. He rerolls twice on each and then dodges until he gets a strong champ. Triggered?

he sounds like a turd

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Kashuno posted:

All Random URF is the best

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

I feel sad for your friend that he can't have fun with the only good game mode.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
You should honor kill him

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005
Now with 22% more apathy!

Vermain posted:

On the contrary: I had to play a Nunu game on ARAM due to being out of rerolls and I wanted to die.

Ill happily play anything ranged or any tank on ARAM, the nightmare to me is rolling melee champs that need to build damage to be effective.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

iSurrender posted:

Ill happily play anything ranged or any tank on ARAM, the nightmare to me is rolling melee champs that need to build damage to be effective.

the exception to this rule is maokai. maokai is awesome in aram when you go full damage

saplings running on people hitting them for like 500 damage each is insanely tilting

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

full damage fuckin dipshit moron lee sin is really fun on aram

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

wow these dark star skins are cool as gently caress

The program ones look kinda poo poo tho

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
A level 7 Shaco main getting Shaco in ARURF is probably the least fun I've ever had playing a video game in my life.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Garen in URF is interesting.

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler

Boxman posted:

Garen in URF is interesting.

He has a bug (or feature) that lets you mash the spinny move for double damage

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Sperglord Firecock posted:

He has a bug (or feature) that lets you mash the spinny move for double damage

Wait, you can spin on your spin?

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

kingcobweb posted:

In promos to plat 1, streaming more Janna/Alistar!! https://www.twitch.tv/kingcobweb

Let's try push-to-talk this time (I don't know how to make the rest of the audio duck when i talk like bond does)

please get diamond fifth

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

Teikanmi posted:

hahahahaha

is the joke "I'm Darius" or "I have ignite" or "my bad team!!" or something else

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Teikanmi posted:

hahahahaha

Now do it 25 times in a row.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
If you don't take ignite on Darius you're a dipshit

It allows me to kill mans harder and faster than without

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Teikanmi posted:

If you don't take ignite on Darius you're a dipshit

It allows me to kill mans harder and faster than without

counterpoint: with teleport, you can be at more places to kill many different mans

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
i like to take ignite on adc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/page/players-design-world-saving-champs

this is literally the lamest poo poo ive ever read, and also these are all better champ designs than ekko

• Locked thread