Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

I had to triple check to make sure this wasn't another Florida video with spitting and attempted vehicular homicide. :wtc:

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

mods please write a rule that posts this any time florida is typed into the reply box

We need a new word filter cuck cuck i'm gay hth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
With a dual sport he could escape off road!

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
"The 23-year-old mechanic said the dangerous saga unfolded as he biked to work in Homestead."

Homestead. Makes perfect sense. Also, I'm glad to hear that guy was charged. I mean, they should permanently keep him off the road for that.

Pope Mobile posted:

When I saw that vid months ago, all I could see is the places a Sumo could escape through.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

Chichevache posted:

I had to triple check to make sure this wasn't another Florida video with spitting and attempted vehicular homicide. :wtc:

We need a new word filter cuck cuck i'm gay hth

Let's talk about the famed SJW Vince Foster and the real Ted Cruz.

Nitramster
Mar 10, 2006
THERE'S NO TIME!!!

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Italjet were wacky even by 90s Italian standards but the Formula 125 was actually a pretty loving solid engine, 2-stroke p-twins are actually pretty good.

Surprisingly the wacky scooters isn't what killed them, they sold really well. No, they decided to copy Benelli and tried to build a 900cc triple for WSBK. At least benelli got a bike out, Italjet managed to go out of business just before the first bikes came off the production line of the massive new factory they'd built with money obtained with loans guaranteeing they'd be winning races from the first season with the awesome loophole they'd discovered in the rules - just before Dorna changed the rules to let 1000cc 4s in.

Now, just like Benelli, they just slap their badge on those generic Chinese SV knockoffs. I can't think of a more ignominious end for an Italian marque.

As it's the pics thread though, let's take a look at that Benelli because phwoar:

Look at the way the fairing is shaped over the clutch cover. It's wearing tight jeans. That's the most Italian thing ever.

No wait, *this* is the most Italian thing ever:

You see, they decided that they wanted the engine as far forward as possible to maximise airbox space without sacrificing the fuel tank, so had no space for a rad. So they put it under the seat. Then because there's no loving airflow under the seat they put those two massive fans on it to pull air through it.

I swear to god this post is an exact copy of one I've read either in this thread or somewhere else in CA. Right down to the tight jeans comment. Please tell me you made this post before and are performing some sort of experiment to test us.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Pope Mobile posted:

With some knowledge of how to make a bike go around corners he could escape the v6 sedan chasing him.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Nitramster posted:

I swear to god this post is an exact copy of one I've read either in this thread or somewhere else in CA. Right down to the tight jeans comment. Please tell me you made this post before and are performing some sort of experiment to test us.

I did mention the tight jeans thing last time the Tornado came up here, because it was the first time I noticed it.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2032191&pagenumber=819&perpage=40#post439613034

Bugger, if people are actually paying attention to my posts I'm going to have to step up my game.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Slavvy posted:

With some knowledge of how to make a bike go around corners he could escape the v6 sedan chasing him.

Well, yeah, but jumping the curb into the dirt would be more exciting.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Renaissance Robot posted:

0:50s - :byodame: "drive safe, and watch out for idiots!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyUtLtaiPuQ&t=200s

lmao :irony:

Mirror:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr6GkwQDDjk

The good parts are at 0:50 and 3:20

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Slim Pickens posted:

Mirror:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr6GkwQDDjk

The good parts are at 0:50 and 3:20

:aaa: perfect

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXSZHseRotk

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
What makes it better is that if you look at the bike its clearly been crashed, probably multiple times, already.

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
I was looking at the wrong biker, until the last second. The sharp intake of breath I took right before impact could have started a prop plane.

GI Joe jobs
Jun 25, 2005

🎅🤜🤛👷
Thankfully those jorts will save his nuts.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~
I also let out quite a loud noise watching that. Jesus poo poo.

axia
Nov 15, 2005

The future is now.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsKgvhFxTRc&t=80s

Guy falls down mineshaft while dirtbiking. Unreal idiocy. Trails exist for a reason...

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

race tires on road are a great idea, ask me!

I, also, let out a load whistle and chringed.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

Did he die

Here4DaGangBang
Dec 3, 2004

I beat my dick like it owes me money!
There is a second clip of that ROC video in the comments, from the POV of one of the two riders who hit the bike after the dude hit the armco.

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

axia posted:

Guy falls down mineshaft while dirtbiking. Unreal idiocy. Trails exist for a reason...

Holy poo poo

Zeppelin Insanity
Oct 28, 2009

Wahnsinn
Einfach
Wahnsinn
There are some interesting priorities in the video.

Shouting "he'll be dead! He'll be dead!" before actually checking is easily attributable to shock or something, but "what was he riding?"? What does that matter?

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
"Liitle bit hosed but you'll be right"

I loving love Aussies.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

axia posted:

"I keep telling you, Karl, this is not what is meant by 'KTM-Gemeinschaft'!"

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Zeppelin Insanity posted:

There are some interesting priorities in the video.

Shouting "he'll be dead! He'll be dead!" before actually checking is easily attributable to shock or something, but "what was he riding?"? What does that matter?

I'm the geezer at 3:35 looking at the camera man like a bleedin' nonce.

Here4DaGangBang posted:

There is a second clip of that ROC video in the comments, from the POV of one of the two riders who hit the bike after the dude hit the armco.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfGYXg9o1VA

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
A convoy of LOLs

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I got to backfire, a local monthly bike meet, a little late Wednesday night, but still managed to see a few cool and not-so-cool things before sunset.

I have no idea in what world someone thinks a half fairing is a good look on a scrambler.

Motsew
Dec 31, 2004

axia posted:

Some of the comments are brilliant:

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Slim Pickens posted:

I got to backfire, a local monthly bike meet, a little late Wednesday night, but still managed to see a few cool and not-so-cool things before sunset.

Awesome, but those forks are gonna tear that whole frame apart.
Front end swaps are not a great idea without the frame bracing to back it up, which is why I still have a coupleseveral sets of complete front ends hanging out in my shed.

Eventually the 959 front end is gonna be swapped onto my 99 VFR800
The VFR front end is going onto my OTHER 5th gen. And the other, modified 5th gen 98 VFR800 forks are going to be swapped onto the Goldwing since they were apparently sprung for a 300lb dude.
The Goldwing forks are going to be swapped onto my 77 CB750.
The 77CB750 forks might go on my buddy's XS650. Then again I might also just swap on the F4i front end if I can get the steering stems swapped between the trees.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
:confused:

Is this like a game of musical chairs for bikes, except the loser gets parted out on craigslist?

Also, I get that the frame is still a noodle, but I don't get how a newer fork is gonna destroy it any quicker than a properly-sprung stock fork would.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
the older smaller diameter forks were a little more noodly on impacts. big diameter forks are a lot more rigid transmitting forces to the frame.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
What's the standard way to do fork swaps, custom yokes/triple clamps?

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Usually you can find a triple that will fit your frame with the correct geometry to allow the fork associated wheel / axle / and spacers to fit. If you browse the stunt / streetfighter forums people have made charts of the various triples.

But yes, like he said, inverted forks on a frame not designed for it are bad. Sometimes you get changeover years like the 04/05 R6 where they stuck inverted forks on the frame meant for standard forks... which didn't really end well for those.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

BlackMK4 posted:

Usually you can find a triple that will fit your frame with the correct geometry to allow the fork associated wheel / axle / and spacers to fit. If you browse the stunt / streetfighter forums people have made charts of the various triples.

But yes, like he said, inverted forks on a frame not designed for it are bad. Sometimes you get changeover years like the 04/05 R6 where they stuck inverted forks on the frame meant for standard forks... which didn't really end well for those.

There was also a head bearing ID/OD compatibility thing floating around somewhere IIRC.

I'm surprised that sticking USD's on the early R6's fucks them though, I would've thought on such a modern bike the difference would've been academic?

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

cursedshitbox posted:

the older smaller diameter forks were a little more noodly on impacts. big diameter forks are a lot more rigid transmitting forces to the frame.

and :10bux: says it wasn't resprung from the bike it came off of.

Renaissance Robot posted:

What's the standard way to do fork swaps, custom yokes/triple clamps?

I think you answered your own question

Slim Pickens posted:

:confused:

Is this like a game of musical chairs for bikes, except the loser gets parted out on craigslist?
Sort of... It started with wanting to do a thing to a bike and then I realized I had a lot of bikes that I could do a thing to.
I've got piles of parts and bikes and stuff lying around from projects and parting poo poo out, so I might as well put it to good use.

The VFR800 suffers for a pretty squishy suspension which is good for day to day commuting and potholes and poo poo but not much else beyond that.
The forks on my other VFR are sprung for someone WAY heavier than me, but should be just about right to support the weight differential of the GL1000 + me
The GL1000 is going to be a silly barhopper thing that I build up from what was basically a pile of hosed up parts with a title, and hosed up parts bike without one.
I don't really care what goes on there, but having nice, adjustable forks makes sense. Plus it'll lower it a touch without having to adjust the rake or put the tubes way up in the trees, which is what I want.
I want dual disks on my CB750 so there's that.

In the spirit of the thread, here's a thing:

Edit: this thing is rad as gently caress.

http://www.bikeexif.com/custom-moped

GnarlyCharlie4u fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Sep 23, 2016

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKvP8jgsINs

My kinda poo poo right here

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

I really need to get a reprint of that sticker that says "Follow Me to Certain Death" for the back of the BMW.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

Slavvy posted:

There was also a head bearing ID/OD compatibility thing floating around somewhere IIRC.

I'm surprised that sticking USD's on the early R6's fucks them though, I would've thought on such a modern bike the difference would've been academic?

there are quite a few places with the ID/OD info out there. I was just looking at some a few days ago and found out the championship winning state of the art in 1986 CR250 forks I have would swap directly onto my crf250L but that has bad idea written all over it

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

cursedshitbox posted:

Not just on impact, those six-pot brakes are going to be ridiculously stronger than the originals and will have much better leverage on the... oh poo poo total brainfart, the thing that the front end mounts to. Every time he hits the brakes that's going to be a bit more fatigue damage, at best he's going to completely oval out the steering head (THATS WHAT ITS CALLED THANK gently caress) like the most abused stunt bike on Earth, at worst the welds on that will give out when he hits a bump.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VERTiG0
Jul 11, 2001

go move over bro

This is so good