Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
In my attempts to breed a 5IV Snivy, I ended up with a 6IV one entirely by chance. It is a female and I named her Princess. She is my new powerful friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Here's what we know for a fact

http://www.pokemon-sunmoon.com/en-us/aug-1-ride/

Basically Pokemon-Ride is Soar applied to the non-Fly HMs. Also it includes Mudsdale for going through thick mud, Stoutland for digging poo poo up and some others we don't know.

Also you can surf on, at minimum, Lapras and Sharpedo.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Hey, here's an update on all the relevant Sun/Moon leaks:

Can't wait for the snowman Pokemon. :swoon:

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Dexie posted:

The "Real Leaks" leaks should be deconfirmed after the arcanine thing so really all you need is the Starters Evo leaks and the Chinese Leak.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

The "Real Leaks" leaks should be deconfirmed after the arcanine thing so really all you need is the Starters Evo leaks and the Chinese Leak.

I dunno, there's enough that's right in the "Real Leaks" leak that it makes me think the leaker put in wrong information on purpose. To mess with people or cover his tracks or something.

The only thing he got completely wrong so far was Arcanine and Abra's line getting new forms anyway. With Ninetails and Rattata he was at least half-right.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
that's pretty stupid, dexie

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.

Zore posted:

You will 100% have to sit through the animation every time. Its literally a loading screen.

So treat it like fly then and it won't have to load a mini game.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

alcharagia posted:

that's pretty stupid, dexie

:shrug:

Maybe he had early info that got changed later on. Like I said, there's enough correct information there that I can't disbelieve it in it's entirety.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Dexie posted:

Maybe he had early info that got changed later on. Like I said, there's enough correct information there that I can't disbelieve it in it's entirety.

I think so as well, dexter.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

Dexie posted:

I can

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i believe every leak

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Countblanc posted:

Lorelei has always been the primo pokemon babe, and all these new pretenders like Cynthia are just that.

Get this gen 1 favoritism bs out of here

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Dexie posted:

I dunno, there's enough that's right in the "Real Leaks" leak that it makes me think the leaker put in wrong information on purpose. To mess with people or cover his tracks or something.

The only thing he got completely wrong so far was Arcanine and Abra's line getting new forms anyway. With Ninetails and Rattata he was at least half-right.

So he got somethings completely wrong to hide his tracks on the things he was only sorta kind of right on two things, but not really if you see what was actually revealed.

It's much more likely that he just got a bunch of information from other leaks and stated bullshitting on the rest to fill out the leak. Half the things he got right are in the chinese leaks and some of the others are just "Well Mimikyu keeps it's name (like most of the pikachu clones have)" or "What are some prominent Gen 1 pokes? Yeah those guys will get alola forms for sure!"

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Sep 23, 2016

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

So he got somethings completely wrong to hide his tracks on the things he was only sorta kind of right on two things, but not really if you see what was actually revealed.

It's much more likely that he just got a bunch of information from other leaks and stated bullshitting on the rest to fill out the leak. Half the things he got right are in the chinese leaks and some of the others are just "Well Mimikyu keeps it's name (like most of the pikachu clones have)" or "What are some prominent Gen 1 pokes? Yeah those guys will get alola forms for sure!"

But he got Bewear's name right, and he got the birds and the time thing.

Bewear's name, I can see that being a lucky guess or a coincidence, but none of the other leaks mentioned the birds or time being different between the two versions.

I'm not saying all the rest of that leak is real, but I'm still willing to give it the benefit of the doubt.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Its also possible, since its 4Chan, that the posts after the first claiming to be the OP weren't since they were all anonymous.

The first post doesn't have any inaccurate info in it and does have a few things that weren't in any other leak like the time etc, unless you count calling Gumshoos 'fat and hairy' outright wrong.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Dexie posted:

This but the dolphin. I've got one spot left in my team and a Water type would fit perfectly.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

Zore posted:

Its also possible, since its 4Chan, that the posts after the first claiming to be the OP weren't since they were all anonymous.

The first post doesn't have any inaccurate info in it and does have a few things that weren't in any other leak like the time etc, unless you count calling Gumshoos 'fat and hairy' outright wrong.

Gumshoos is svelte and not anymore hairy than Yungoos

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Improbable Lobster posted:

Gumshoos is svelte and not anymore hairy than Yungoos

Svelte? Depends on how you visually read its belly, the yellow makes it look chubby imo.

Its also definitely hairier than Yungoos thanks to the fur shaped like a long coat.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

Zore posted:

Svelte? Depends on how you visually read its belly, the yellow makes it look chubby imo.

Its also definitely hairier than Yungoos thanks to the fur shaped like a long coat.

He's buff and has luscious locks

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

I can't get over how much like Donald Trump it looks

Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

Swillkitsch posted:

I can't get over how much like Donald Trump it looks

Agreed, Trump does have a rat face.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE

Honore_De_Balzac posted:

Agreed, Trump does have a rat face.

Make Unova OU again

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Dunban posted:

This but the dolphin. I've got one spot left in my team and a Water type would fit perfectly.

Let me tell you about this Pokemon called Malamar...

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Let me tell you how poo poo Malamar is

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Dabir posted:

I won't allow it.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Zore posted:

Like what I don't get is why they don't have distro like they used to have programmed with things like the Azure Flute, Eon Ticket, etc. where you got a key item and had to at least go somewhere and have a cutscene/tiny adventure.

Or make a Delta Episode for every new Legendary that isn't part of the main plot.

this would loving suck because I'm not going to mcdonalds or game stop to get the thing. the way they do it now is boring but it's much, much better than locking any significant event behind some bullshit event

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Manatee Cannon posted:

this would loving suck because I'm not going to mcdonalds or game stop to get the thing. the way they do it now is boring but it's much, much better than locking any significant event behind some bullshit event

Why not. It takes 2 seconds. I got Hoopa in a parking lot.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

can't wait for team skull

x

i might have posted this one before but i forget but who cares i love this guy's artstyle

x

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Manatee Cannon posted:

I mean, they could still distribute the tickets online (I'd prefer this). Just have a modicum of effort in-game rather than handing you a level 100 Hoopa at a Pokecenter for no reason.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
I liked the Victini event in Black/White where you had to go through a little tower and you got it at a low level so you could use it through the rest of the game if you wanted without it being overpowered.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

Dabir posted:

Malamar is perfect you philistine

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

FishBulb posted:

Why not. It takes 2 seconds. I got Hoopa in a parking lot.

I don't have a car and I'm not walking or taking the bus to get an event pokemon

Zore posted:

I mean, they could still distribute the tickets online (I'd prefer this). Just have a modicum of effort in-game rather than handing you a level 100 Hoopa at a Pokecenter for no reason.

they could just not do events in the first place (the real best option) but we both know that's not gonna happen. just handing you the pokemon is a lot better than gating stuff behind an event you can easily miss. you can still get the pokemon through trading but the event is something you'll miss out on until they do it again

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009
This is some pretty funny lengths goons will go to justify not going outside.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

it's everyone's favorite new monster Turtonator

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Actually, it's my least favorite new monster

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Manatee Cannon posted:

they could just not do events in the first place (the real best option) but we both know that's not gonna happen. just handing you the pokemon is a lot better than gating stuff behind an event you can easily miss. you can still get the pokemon through trading but the event is something you'll miss out on until they do it again
Can you trade Fateful Encounter pokemon?

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Did they use a stock dinosaur noise for Lapras in Generations? I swear I've heard it before.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

cheetah7071 posted:

Actually, it's my least favorite new monster

yeah same. i really hate how jagged he is

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

The turtle it's based on isn't really known for being pretty either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

bobjr posted:

Did they use a stock dinosaur noise for Lapras in Generations? I swear I've heard it before.

Sounds like the Dragonzord from Power Rangers, but I wouldn't be surprised if they stole it from somewhere else too.