Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Nichael posted:

Texans like Donald Trump though. They like bigotry and hate. This is why they voted for Cruz in the past, and this is why they will vote overwhelmingly for Donald. How exactly does Cruz endorsing hate incarnate hurt him?

Actually they like Cruz because he's a obstructionist rear end in a top hat "rebel" so wimping out like this seriously hurts his brand

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Nichael posted:

Texans like Donald Trump though. They like bigotry and hate. This is why the voted for Cruz in the past, and this is why they will vote overwhelmingly for Donald. How exactly does Cruz endorsing hate incarnate hurt him?

well a democrat isn't winning a texas senate seat ever probably, i was more talking presidential stuff. hell, if trump crashes badly enough he might get primaried.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Nichael posted:

Texans like Donald Trump though. They like bigotry and hate. This is why they voted for Cruz in the past, and this is why they will vote overwhelmingly for Donald. How exactly does Cruz endorsing hate incarnate hurt him?

If he hadn't done it, when Trump loses, he could run as the "We didn't elect a true conservative" candidate and probably win the 2020 primary.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
Trump received $1.6 million from Secret Service

loool he's such a grubby fucker

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Yinlock posted:

Actually they like Cruz because he's a obstructionist rear end in a top hat "rebel" so wimping out like this seriously hurts his brand

It all comes back to hate in the end. Trump's proven this. The "rebel" facade is just another veneer for "gently caress you brown people" like everything else in the party.

WampaLord posted:

If he hadn't done it, when Trump loses, he could run as the "We didn't elect a true conservative" candidate and probably win the 2020 primary.

The party is not going back to conservatism. It's the white nationalist party now.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

WampaLord posted:

but these are republicans we're talking about, cruz will say pubis forced him to do it for party unity, he was worried about that awful hillary, etc. and they've swallow it hook line and sinker

FabioClone
Oct 3, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Can you imagine having to publicly endorse and vote for a president who personally called your wife fugly and said your dad killed JFK while the whole country talked about how unsettling and repellent you are? And also the whole country watched you eat your booger?

We're all living in Ted Cruz's personal hell.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Does Cruz hold any sway in the Senate still? On top of already hating him, all of his colleagues now see him as a gigantic pussy.

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord
Steely Dan fans should check out Fagan's solo stuff, especially Sunken Condos. It's no 'Dan, but still...it's really, really good if you're into faggy-dad contemporary like I am.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

let's be real for a sec there's no way trump is running for any public office after this. That ship is sailed much like Ted Cruz's did as well.

I'm fact it wouldn't surprise me if trump Howard Hughes'd himself after this election.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

FabioClone posted:

Can you imagine having to publicly endorse and vote for a president who personally called your wife fugly and said your dad killed JFK while the whole country talked about how unsettling and repellent you are? And also the whole country watched you eat your booger?

Remember that time Trump literally called all the people of Iowa stupid, and then won second place in a close primary, and then started to beat Clinton there nationally? Nothing matters. People are loving gluttons for punishment.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

WAR DOGS OF SOCHI posted:

God drat... "Kid Charlemagne" has one of the best guitar solos... loving Larry Carlton brings it on this whole album.

I feel... just so happy now that Ted has creased.

I like the part where they sing get along kid charleMAGNE and the guitar goes dukata-dukata-dukata

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

FabioClone posted:

he deserves worse

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Nichael posted:

The party is not going back to conservatism. It's the white nationalist party now.

Not if they can't win elections with only white nationalists voting for them.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Ostentatious posted:

let's be real for a sec there's no way trump is running for any public office after this. That ship is sailed much like Ted Cruz's did as well.

I'm fact it wouldn't surprise me if trump Howard Hughes'd himself after this election.

Nah but we can look forward to Junior, Eric, and Ivanka's reign. I am sure one or all of them will run.

WampaLord posted:

They are nearly winning as it is. I have a feeling they only reason Trump won't win is because he is legitimately unhinged, and is not very smart with the strategy of politics. Get someone who's just as hateful, but a little more reserved and intelligent, and you can win.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
Caves of Altamira has a great solo on it too iirc

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Nichael posted:

Remember that time Trump literally called all the people of Iowa stupid, and then won second place in a close primary, and then started to beat Clinton there nationally? Nothing matters. People are loving gluttons for punishment.

GOP primary voters aren't people, tbh

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

GobiasIndustries posted:

Does Cruz hold any sway in the Senate still? On top of already hating him, all of his colleagues now see him as a gigantic pussy.

I think p. much everyone knew he was a sleazy coward before too but to actually bend the knee after it got that personal is a new low

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
getting the thread in on the ground floor of the tweet of the year:

https://twitter.com/jonnysun/status/779423634746114048

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007
I consider myself to be a huge pussy, but if someone insulted not only my father but my wife, you'd better believe I'm not so spineless that I would endorse the person for president of the united states :cripes:

Cruz has to be the biggest weenie on the face of this planet

jenny jones fan fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Sep 23, 2016

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

I do not think that the RNC had anything to do with his decision. But I do think that the idea of having a Trump News Network as a 2020 supporter is an extremely inviting prospect.

Trump would have used a network to bring down Cruz. Hell, that might be why anyone is truly playing ball with Trump.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

pathetic little tramp posted:

goodness gracious me

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

WAR DOGS OF SOCHI posted:

Steely Dan fans should check out Fagan's solo stuff, especially Sunken Condos. It's no 'Dan, but still...it's really, really good if you're into faggy-dad contemporary like I am.
The Nightfly is great, and is apparently so well mastered that it has become the de facto standard for testing audio setups.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
Trump insinuating that Cruz's dad killed JFK was so goddamn funny

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

WampaLord posted:

Everyone of the fuckers only care about keeping their seat. Putting their man in the high tower is secondary

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
This is extremely appropriate today:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHcD5-TGHvY

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Karl Sharks posted:

GOP primary voters aren't people, tbh
True.

Poor little guy. Just give him some skin to make him happy.

cuck cuck im gay posted:

I consider myself to be a huge pussy, but if someone insulted not only my father but my wife, you'd better believe I'm not so spineless that I would endorse the person for president of the united states :cripes:

Cruz has to be the biggest weenie on the face of this planet
The only ones from the primary who continue to stand up to him are now Jeb!, Kasich, and Graham. Imagine that. Jeb! is less of a pussy than Cruz.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

lmao

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

So Ted Cruz is going to avoid TV cameras like they were garlic covered crosses for the next two months, right? No way he lets any reporter bring up his past comments on Trump to him.

Jeb!
Feb 3, 2016

My dad is the greatest man I've ever known and if you don't think so we can step outside.
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Everyone of the fuckers only care about keeping their seat. Putting their man in the high tower is secondary

no [republican politician], you are the welfare queens

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Schnorkles posted:

Hey, he was just asking questions!

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

https://twitter.com/DanPatrickTX/status/777957064995803136

Same?!?!

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Ostentatious posted:

let's be real for a sec there's no way trump is running for any public office after this.

Part of me thinks that, and part of me thinks that the positive feedback from the inevitable Draft Trump movement of 2020 will be too much to ignore.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Yinlock posted:

Ted Cruz has been eating poo poo non-stop for years, it only...well it doesn't make him stronger, per say, but he always survives.

Zodiac Killer, Human Centipede

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Nichael posted:

True.

Poor little guy. Just give him some skin to make him happy.

The only ones from the primary who continue to stand up to him are now Jeb!, Kasich, and Graham. Imagine that. Jeb! is less of a pussy than Cruz.

Graham's been inching towards it. I don't think he's said the words but he's been giving 50/50 comments about Trump from what I've seen and is clearly laying the case.

Its really just Jeb! and Kasich now. And I personally don't think Jeb! should count since he's been hiding the same place he was hiding all those years before his failed run. Kasich's actually out there owning his #NeverTrump status.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Schnorkles posted:

he was weirdly insistent on it too

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Yinlock posted:

he was weirdly insistent on it too

Maybe he knows something we don't.... really makes you think...

STAC Goat posted:

Graham's been inching towards it. I don't think he's said the words but he's been giving 50/50 comments about Trump from what I've seen and is clearly laying the case.

Its really just Jeb! and Kasich now. And I personally don't think Jeb! should count since he's been hiding the same place he was hiding all those years before his failed run. Kasich's actually out there owning his #NeverTrump status.

That's sad about Graham but why should I expect anything different from their party?

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UD8xiAUtcU0
truuuuuuuuuuuuuuuump

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

OAquinas posted:

No, just a ring.

If this is a subtle goatse reference, well played sir.

• Locked thread