Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

EngineerSean posted:

They do not. As soon as you click the button, this is what it says:

Yeah I figured that type of functionality would be a bit more sophisticated than what PI is willing to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

The max number of traders is related to the quasi-legal nature of PI, any bigger and they might have their SEC permission slip revoked

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
Aristotle has been constantly fighting to have the cap raised ever since the site went online and has had it raised numerous times. I guess the SEC is finally telling him no.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
:siren: They added the market I requested!!! :siren:

https://www.predictit.org/Contract/3691#data

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

ver naise :heysexy:

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

The Jill Stein biweekly polling markets have been great. For whatever reason they aren't infested with daytrader experts, so I can play the role of big fish with such arcane knowledge as "these polls are replaced weekly" and "those 15 day old polls won't stick around in the average for another two weeks."

Gary Johnson biweekly markets are similar, with the bonus of Libertarian spenders in abundance. For whatever reason though they haven't been as mispriced in the last couple weeks.

Vox Nihili has issued a correction as of 01:17 on Sep 19, 2016

Raivin
Jan 9, 2002
Pillbug

Vox Nihili posted:

The Jill Stein biweekly polling markets have been great. For whatever reason they aren't infested with daytrader experts, so I can play the role of big fish with such arcane knowledge as "these polls are replaced weekly" and "those 15 day old polls won't stick around in the average for another two weeks."

Gary Johnson biweekly markets are similar, with the bonus of Libertarian spenders in abundance. For whatever reason though they haven't been as mispriced in the last couple weeks.

Seconded. I'm used to getting what I think are timely new poll alerts only to be dunked on in the other polling markets, but these 3rd party contests have been relative ghost towns.

Gary market would be more fun if they kept the over/under at 8%. 9% seems like a fading dream and will only get worse beyond the first debate.

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

Vox, you still in Stein fundraising B5 no? I woulda loved to get out in the 90s a few days ago and have been done with it, but I wasn't around for that and then someone crushed it back down to the 70s. Hopefully that's an idiot and not an insider, as we discussed before...

Also, Trump false statements is hilarious: all five brackets almost equally priced around 20-25. I'm in 4 and 5 (the 3rd and 4th brackets) and can hopefully get out in some swings, that market is pure luck with what they'll include at the end.

Raivin
Jan 9, 2002
Pillbug

Nosre posted:

Also, Trump false statements is hilarious: all five brackets almost equally priced around 20-25. I'm in 4 and 5 (the 3rd and 4th brackets) and can hopefully get out in some swings, that market is pure luck with what they'll include at the end.

That backdated 7th POF on the final day of the market in August was so hilariously brutal. Never hold a position at the buzzer because you know someone from Politifact made a nice mid-year bonus off that one.

Social Studies 3rd Period
Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Don't forget, if you want to get in / out, fundraising markets end tonight.

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

C7ty1 posted:

Don't forget, if you want to get in / out, fundraising markets end tonight.

Yea, and a few hours after I posted there's heavy movement buying up B3/B5 nos and B4 yes. Hopefully that's the arrival of the insiders and this thing is done.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Nosre posted:

Vox, you still in Stein fundraising B5 no? I woulda loved to get out in the 90s a few days ago and have been done with it, but I wasn't around for that and then someone crushed it back down to the 70s. Hopefully that's an idiot and not an insider, as we discussed before...

I sold all my Stein fundraising shares awhile back. B5 no is probably still fine, these markets tend to move a lot due to low volume.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
lol HOU$E is back. I was worried he'd totally lost his marbles or something

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Hillary's August fundraising total is out: $59.5m. Huge win for me, but was only half a mil away from a crippling setback!

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Vox Nihili posted:

Hillary's August fundraising total is out: $59.5m. Huge win for me, but was only half a mil away from a crippling setback!

Can you link the market? I wanna read the comments

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

https://www.predictit.org/Market/2411/What-will-Clintons-monthly-fundraising-be-for-August

Only a few veterans hanging around at the moment. There were more "interesting folks" in the Trump market: https://www.predictit.org/Market/2412/What-will-Trumps-monthly-fundraising-be-for-August

Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

https://www.predictit.org/Market/2422/What-will-the-RNC%27s-monthly-fundraising-be-for-August

There's something funny about this market. Do you know what it is? Don't read the comments. I'll wait.

Figured it out?

It resolved B5. At 1c YES.

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011

C7ty1 posted:

https://www.predictit.org/Market/2422/What-will-the-RNC%27s-monthly-fundraising-be-for-August

There's something funny about this market. Do you know what it is? Don't read the comments. I'll wait.

Figured it out?

It resolved B5. At 1c YES.

PI really screwed themselves out of a bunch of money by changing the close date.

Bikini Quilt
Jul 28, 2013
I know most people here were saying No was the smart bet on the debate viewers market, but http://uproxx.com/tv/ratings-for-the-first-debate-between-clinton-and-trump-are-projected-to-bust-through-the-roof/ is projecting 100 million and that seems nuts to me, especially since it's competing with football. Still, they'd have to be off by 20 million viewers for the market not to resolve Yes. Are these guys just totally full of poo poo? Because Yes is still reasonably cheap.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Trump total receipts at $41,751,717.62. Won a couple hundred, but a couple million less and I would have had a huge payout. Oh well!

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Nosre posted:

RIP my dude.

(She only raised $880k and her campaign is now effectively broke w/ only $150k in the bank.)

Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Alright folks, what's your PI Debate card look like?

code:
PNEUMONIA:
BASKET OF DEPLORABLES:
BENGHAZI:
BIRTHER:
ALT-RIGHT:
BLIND TRUST:
CROOKED HILLARY (Trump says):
MOST WATCHED DEBATE: 
For me... I have no money in the markets right now. Honestly I think a good strat could be just going NO down the list, but...

PNEUMONIA: Yes
BASKET OF DEPLORABLES: No
BENGHAZI: Yes
BIRTHER: No (won't be asked in way to meet rules)
ALT-RIGHT: No
BLIND TRUST: No
CROOKED HILLARY (Trump says): Yes (in closing remarks, probably)
MOST WATCHED DEBATE: No (but it'll probably be close)

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
I think “Benghazi” is the most mis‐priced. I’m in on NO there.

Note that for the “birther” market, only “birther”, “birthers”, or “birtherism” count. “Birth certificate” does not, “born in this country” does not, &c. I have some NO there.

I wish I’d gotten in on “pneumonia” early. NO was cheap for a while. It’s probably still +EV, but not enough for my liking.

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011
I'm still in Most Watched Debate NO. I'm only pissed because I got in at 42 weeks ago when I could have gotten in at 35 or possibly even lower today.

All of my money is tied up at the moment so I can't get into any other debate markets.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

C7ty1 posted:

Alright folks, what's your PI Debate card look like?

code:
PNEUMONIA:
BASKET OF DEPLORABLES:
BENGHAZI:
BIRTHER:
ALT-RIGHT:
BLIND TRUST:
CROOKED HILLARY (Trump says):
MOST WATCHED DEBATE: 
For me... I have no money in the markets right now. Honestly I think a good strat could be just going NO down the list, but...

PNEUMONIA: Yes
BENGHAZI: Yes
BIRTHER: No (won't be asked in way to meet rules)
ALT-RIGHT: No
BLIND TRUST: No
CROOKED HILLARY (Trump says): Yes (in closing remarks, probably)
MOST WATCHED DEBATE: No (but it'll probably be close)

My positions:

PNEUMONIA: N/A
BENGHAZI: N/A
BIRTHER: N/A
ALT-RIGHT: Lol
BLIND TRUST: N/A
CROOKED HILLARY (Trump says): Had No, sold at 60c
MOST WATCHED DEBATE: No

Also, maxed Yes on this: https://www.predictit.org/Contract/3683/Will-there-be-a-sanctioned-presidential-debate-on-September-26

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

Vox Nihili posted:

RIP my dude.

(She only raised $880k and her campaign is now effectively broke w/ only $150k in the bank.)

Yea... it's OK, I made more than that loss in Trump fundraising last month on your tip :)

Anywho, this market is pretty funny/interesting: https://www.predictit.org/Market/2463/How-many-women-will-be-in-US-cabinet-positions-on-March-31%2c-2017

If we assume a Hillary win, I'd say it's a reasonable expectation for her to shoot for 50% women as a statement. If shares can be picked up <10, a bell curve spread covering 6/7/8/9/10 might be quite nice. Problem is filling those orders, and that it's a long market to hold.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

I expect to see the 0 bracket fluctuating perfectly with Trump YES

Zeta Taskforce
Jun 27, 2002

theflyingexecutive posted:

But Trump loves women. He hires women, he puts them in leadership positions. Granted they will need to have nice racks and be a "10" but if anyone can be trusted to find these qualified women it will be Trump.

Or he can just nominate Ivanka to something.

Hufflepuff or bust!
Jan 28, 2005

I should have known better.
PNEUMONIA: N/A
BENGHAZI: No
BIRTHER: N/A
ALT-RIGHT: N/A
BLIND TRUST: N/A
CROOKED HILLARY (Trump says): Not touching "Trump says" with a 10000 foot pole.
MOST WATCHED DEBATE: No - I think 100 million will watch, but many/most of them will be online/streaming - people are comparing this to Obama/Romney and I think that's mis-reading how much viewing habits have changed in 4 years.

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

theflyingexecutive posted:

He'd put Omarosa in some sort of a position to check off black and woman boxes at the same time, I'm sure of it.

anotherone
Feb 8, 2001
Username taken, please choose another one
The "Will Ted Cruz endorse Trump" contract is going nuts. I made a few bucks on the upswing, but I'm buying a bunch of "no" for the downswing when they inevitably rule that Cruz's weaselly statement was not an endorsement.

Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

anotherone posted:

The "Will Ted Cruz endorse Trump" contract is going nuts. I made a few bucks on the upswing, but I'm buying a bunch of "no" for the downswing when they inevitably rule that Cruz's weaselly statement was not an endorsement.

Our country is in crisis. Hillary Clinton is manifestly unfit to be president, and her policies would harm millions of Americans. And Donald Trump is the only thing standing in her way.
A year ago, I pledged to endorse the Republican nominee, and I am honoring that commitment. And if you don’t want to see a Hillary Clinton presidency, I encourage you to vote for him.

seems p. clear!

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

anotherone posted:

Sell. There’s no “takesies‐backsies” clause in this one like there was in the Sanders market.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
It resolved YES, as promised.

Made $50 by nearly maxing YES @ 94˘.

anotherone
Feb 8, 2001
Username taken, please choose another one

Platystemon posted:

It resolved YES, as promised.

Made $50 by nearly maxing YES @ 94˘.

ah drat, oh well still made money

Zeta Taskforce
Jun 27, 2002

I lost about $4.00 on the lottery ticket idea that they would judge it as weasel words and not close the market right away. Oh well.

I'm eyeing the Florida Trump vs Clinton polling. I'm betting that polls will swing Clinton's way as the tiny percentage of people who were on the fence get completely disgusted with the Trump foundation inside dealing and that she won't collapse in a coughing fit at the debate and people realize she isn't near death. That said just about everything is tied up in Clinton not dropping out in September, I refuse to sell for less than 97 cents, and it is rising in value grudgingly slow....Going to build a position in B2

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Still shares of "there's gonna be a debate, guys" available for 95c. There's gonna be a debate, guys.

I'm kinda getting into the viewership bracket market too: https://www.predictit.org/Contract/3683/Will-there-be-a-sanctioned-presidential-debate-on-September-26#data

100m isn't gonna happen. Book it.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Its still possible to buy no on congress approving money to fight Zika at about 25 cents a share. I'm tempted to use money on an emergency debit card for a quick buck.

Raivin
Jan 9, 2002
Pillbug
If you're patient you can hedge NO on record debate viewership (80.6mm) with YES 80-89.9mm for 50-55c. The former will randomly drop into the low 30s, usually at night. There might be one more surge with all the hype articles being published.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

RandomPauI posted:

Its still possible to buy no on congress approving money to fight Zika at about 25 cents a share. I'm tempted to use money on an emergency debit card for a quick buck.

ffs DO NOT DEPOSIT ANY MONEY YOU ARENT WILLING TO WATCH VANISH BEFORE YOUR EYES

• Locked thread