Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
Lethality has been arguing with the author of the Kotaku UK article.

https://twitter.com/real_lethality/status/779327133701246976

https://twitter.com/real_lethality/status/779329206966743040

https://twitter.com/real_lethality/status/779341044911570944

https://twitter.com/real_lethality/status/779341585708380160

https://twitter.com/real_lethality/status/779341679476240384

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Don't worry friend Lazrin. You are a good poster who means well and furthermore. These people don't understand good posting development.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

CrazyLoon posted:

Someone find that livestream, where he can't even play his own game and he gets mad.

That wasn't even his final form.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

The entirety of Chris Roberts' career is a bunch of red signs that people blithely ignore because a handful of times he managed to be involved in projects that were financial successes in spite of himself.

He also heralded the bloat of the game development budget in spectacular fashion though you can't entirely blame that on just one person's overambition.

Mirificus posted:

Lethality has been arguing with the author of the Kotaku UK article.

:allears:

Shala
Oct 15, 2006

i shot the pilot

Lipstick Apathy

CrazyLoon posted:

Someone find that livestream, where he can't even play his own game and he gets mad.

It's no "gently caress it let's have beers or something" but is this the one you mean?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWq8ynUq7wM&t=987s

"We appologize for the inconvenience" *hard lock*

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

must be real bad if lazrin is here to do damage control
Lazrin is always here and inside each and every one of us.

Like poo.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Shala posted:

It's no "gently caress it let's have beers or something" but is this the one you mean?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWq8ynUq7wM&t=987s

"We appologize for the inconvenience" *hard lock*

thank you

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Laz is Lethality right?

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I believe the term for this is "two-faced"

Lazrin
Apr 13, 2016

THEN HE SAID..NO WAIT, LISTEN. THEN HE SAID 3.0 IS COMING OUT BY DEC 19TH 2016
:laffo:

Wafflz posted:

Laz is Lethality right?

yes

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
DO YOU HONESTLY BELIEVE THIS IS OBJECTIVE REPORTIGN

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Don't panic, Citizens, your Director of Ships is here to do some damage control at this crucial time!
https://twitter.com/banditloaf/status/779464593164775428

Oh. Uh... huh. Go back to panicking, I guess.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

DO YOU HONESTLY BELIEVE THIS IS OBJECTIVE REPORTIGN
WHO PAYED YOU TO RIGHT THIS

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

thatguy posted:

WHO PAYED YOU TO RIGHT THIS
ANONYMOUS SOURCES DONT COUNT

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Ghostlight posted:

Man, this was a good update to wake up to after an 18 hour crunch shift.

18hrs? You left after that pansy shift? Filthy leaver.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

thatguy posted:

ANONYMOUS SOURCES DONT COUNT
LOOK AT ALL THESE JELUOS LOSERS WISHING THEY WERE THERE TO HELP CHRIS ROBERTS MAKE THE GREATEST ACHIEVEMTN OF HUMAN CIVILIZATION

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

D1E posted:

I'm pretty sure he has three more Porsches than you, and probably sleeps on six-thousand thread count sheets with a famous actress by his side.

And vacations ten times per year.

Sounds like a case study on exactly how to do things.

So Sandi's out of town then?

*ba dum tsch*

Thank you, thank you. Remember to tip your server.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
gently caress me but lazrinthality is absolutely exhausting tonight

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

thatguy posted:

LOOK AT ALL THESE JELUOS LOSERS WISHING THEY WERE THERE TO HELP CHRIS ROBERTS MAKE THE GREATEST ACHIEVEMTN OF HUMAN CIVILIZATION

NIPPING AT BIG DOGS HEALS

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

ripptide posted:

*ba dum tsch*

I'll slap a quarter on my old trusty Zyxell no problem

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

ripptide posted:

*ba dum tsch*

Ok: never pre-order a videogame.

NocnaShada
Nov 10, 2015

ripptide posted:

Trouble in the 'verse?!?

Let's get this rumor mill started.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Nuclearmonkee posted:

Is it adorable octopi to go with that adorable race pack cause I'll buy that poo poo no joke.
I had really good salt n pepper baby octopus at a dim sum place in minneapolis recently

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Wiz posted:

You say that, but just wait until my groundbreaking design for Grabby Appendages 3.0 makes it into the next Stellaris update!

You're gonna get sued for using the word grabby. Gotta change both words. I recommend snatchy fingers.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Star Citizen: I'd rather be a single con artist's sucker than a stooge for The Man

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Who is Deep Throat in all of this that supplies the information?

Complaint Compilation
Apr 8, 2016

:sax:
DEREK SMART

Complaint Compilation fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Sep 24, 2016

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

I can safely say that this person hasn't worked a single minute in their entire life.

Complaint Compilation
Apr 8, 2016

for you from forever ago!

PoorMoralCompass posted:

For lazrin.

He woke up not from his alarm clock but fists on the door. Stumbling vertical, he steadied himself on the bedside table, squinting, wondering?

There it was again like a sledgehammer. Eyes snapped open in shock with a hand guiding him against the hallway wall, dipping under the photographs. The front door rattled with the force. "It's six a.m.!" half speaking, half a croak, "What the gently caress do you want?"

Silence, before another thudding drumbeat. A thin film of fear began to shroud the bitter anger. The familiar, cool brass of the doorknob stilled his hand. "Who is it?" Again, nothing, but this time a gentle knock. Twisting the deadbolt, these early deliveries were getting to be more than they're worth. And earlier every time! It almost wasn't worth taking this money. Almost.

That is when he looked full into the face of the man who had been hunting him.

A handsome man with a stout jaw, thick of eyebrow. Derek Smart. Teeth clenched but with the cool deftness of a well-funded hitman, the warlord started: "This has been in the works since last year, and I even mentioned this building in my “Star Citizen Year Four” blog (search for ‘building’) where I said:"

Adrenal tidal waves quickly dispatched what was now a matchstick wall of reason. An unshoed foot spinning on the hardwood, the would-be slumberer made a mad dash for the kitchen, hearing the thrums of his pursuer. A delirious thought: 'Why is it at times like this, I want coffee?' Turning the corner was quick enough,but he could hear behind him the echoing footfalls of stone on wood. Calm. Methodical. Unavoidable. They were like the twinkling of chimes against the words that followed. "The latest fiasco started over the weekend with the #1 Shillizen media, Gamestar in Germany, posting an interview with croberts. Lots of arguments (1, 2) erupted over that one;"

An unbidden "gently caress!" escaped the man looking for a way out. He reached for the magnetized strip on the wall where the knives hung, hand already slick with sweat. But as the pusuer turned into the room himself, he let loose another barrage. "Since June when, with the aid of researchers, I started my independent investigation into this project and its creators (Chris Roberts, Sandra Roberts, Ortwin Freyermuth)" The strip burst from the wall carrying the remains of plaster with it, knives outward. Derek did not flinch.

With less of an unwanted curse and much of what he himself heard as a shriek, the shaking man barrelled for the recessed door. To the garage, a means of escape. Fumbling against the doorjamb where the keys all waited, a finger tearing on the nail than suspended them - but the pain was- "Nothing tangible on the once delayed/canceled Star Marine, nothing to show on Squadron 42. But oh, there’s a largely empty social module which is a great conduit to sell you more crap." The entire structure of the house shuddered but the keys remained in his bloody hand. It seemed like they were pulling themselves toward the car. Inside, the Tesla roared to life, then began gasping as if it needed something else.

Slowly, heavily, Derek rounded into full view. "You have put the engine of a Prius into your chariot." The closed window of the car rattled.

As the solid hand reached deliberately yet pointedly through the safteyglass anger almost came into Derek's face. But then a wash of calm.

The driver begged for his life as the wrinkled shirt was pulled too close against his throat in a fist. The warlord whispered.

Let me loving finish.

Jimeth
Apr 14, 2016

Lackadaisical Phraseologist

Wow, never thought I'd ever want to join twitter, but here you are, dangling the most perfectly delicious bait.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

Colostomy Bag posted:

Who is Deep Throat in all of this that supplies the information?
Ben could be.

Maybe Deep Gullet would be more appropriate.

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

Chris Roberts in that Kotaku article posted:

"...what you want is people who are...not always trying to go 'This won't work'"

"It's kind of like having children..."

"I'm trying to be tougher on our organisation because every time we're in a situation I think we can turn around, but the person doesn't turn it around, they get a little more bitter and pissed off, and then the exit is more noisy."

"When I really lose it, it's because people passive-aggressively don't [do what they’ve been instructed], and instead try to push their agenda, coming up with reasons why it needs to be this other way. That really, really annoys me because it just creates friction all the time. I like to have a lot of really good creative people around and I like them to contribute all their ideas but when I say we're going left instead of right, everyone needs to go left."

"That's kind of why I like the setup of movies. You may disagree with what the director is doing, how he is shooting a scene, how he is blocking it, but it doesn't matter: you still make it happen for that director because it's going to be on his shoulders. If the game doesn't work, it's on me, not on a junior designer or something."

"I felt like people kept giving me the same answers, and I would let them have it. I’d say 'You just told me this last time. You've got to have a better answer. Why isn't this thing working? Give me a reason. You can't just say it was their fault'. I'm generally quite nice until I feel there is something not happening, or something that I need to call out. But that's the way I've always been. Sometimes I think it can be hard for some people.”

"...at some point I will say 'You've got to get your act together. A bunch of people are depending on this thing to happen, so what are we doing? What's the plan?' People can consider it being tough or public shaming, but I'm not going 'You're a loving idiot' – that's not how I operate. But I will call people out if they've said one thing and then come back a week later and don't follow up properly."

“That is an example of people saying 'No, I can't do it' and fighting that corner. They are the people I don't get on with and they are the people who end up not being at the company…"

"...if the pushback is 'Well, I didn't do this when I was working at this other company', then, well, here we're trying to push it a bit more and if you can't get on board then you're probably not right for the team."

"“There's a certain OCD about checking everything [with the art, which he says loves] because I want everything to look good. It's also a matter of getting [the message] to the team, what I like and what my taste is, and then you build up trust."

"I'm not willing to compromise on some stuff and I'm pretty stubborn about it. Sometimes, for someone else that can be tough to deal with or frustrating but I don't really want to change. I'm not doing this to always make friends with everyone..."

These are excerpts from nearly every quote from Chris Roberts where he discusses his management style, and as someone who works in management, I find it absolutely appalling. He completely dismisses all feedback and suggests anyone who disagrees with him are whiners, does not trust the people he hired to do the job he hired them to do, compares them to "children," and flat out says it's my way or the highway. He admits to public shaming but because he's not saying words like "you're a loving idiot," he thinks that's okay. He goes off on people for not keeping up with some of the technical challenges, but doesn't seem to be involved in checking in with his subordinates unless it's for something he has a strong personal interest in, like the artwork. He doesn't try to find out why people say there are challenges and doesn't try to understand and work with them to develop ways to make them successful, but instead works "at" them, browbeating them into doing what he wants and says if can just get the gently caress out if they can't hack doing what he wants in the exact way he wants it done, and he says he refuses to change or adapt or compromise. As long as he's at the helm, there's no way this can succeed. Makes my blood boil reading it.

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.

It's great they haven't probated or banned this guy. Ensures he's on hand to smear poo poo all over the RSI forums as they build their community.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Anyone drop the Dick Wulf bomb to Detective Benson yet?

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

This is a fan site.

Definitely not a paid professional marketing site.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

https://twitter.com/real_lethality/status/779346263972118528

:allears:

Looking forward to this trainwreck Lazrin, be sure to post it here too.

ideate
Aug 20, 2002

The Titanic posted:

This is a fan site.

I don't know about professional

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Complaint Compilation
Apr 8, 2016

The Titanic posted:

This is a fan site.

I am the best propagandist and have been since I was a little bob.

• Locked thread