Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
http://i.imgur.com/i4kjeyl.gifv

http://i.imgur.com/1Wot93y.gifv

http://i.imgur.com/YTaBdI3.gifv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Funkmaster General posted:

So what's the minimum light to get into the raid? I was hoping to at least poke my head in tonight, assuming since they said the recommended level was 360 that 350 would get you in, but it turns out the recommended is actually 370 so now I'm worried you'll need 360 to get in and I'm only 355.

There is 380 stuff at the end. 360 is probably three minimum. It doesn't matter super much because of how it plays out but I mean it helps.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

They need to prioritize, yellows and purples stay in and whatever else cycles thru the most recent because needing to leave the raid to play inventory manager triage is not a fun mechanic.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

FishBulb posted:

There is 380 stuff at the end. 360 is probably three minimum. It doesn't matter super much because of how it plays out but I mean it helps.

I mean the actual limit, where it won't let you in at all because of your light level.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down

I mean the actual limit, where it won't let you in at all because of your light level.

If you can complete the story quest pretty sure it will let you in.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc
Did a pickup raid with LFG randoms starting at 1015 this am, we went in blind and didn't look anything up until Aksis. Couldn't get the final Aksis fight down though because some dudes had stuff to do. Good raid imho, I got the warlock chest which is cool looking, the launcher which sucks, and the fusion rifle in solar. I'm keeping the fusion but I wish it was void.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
So how much dumb platforming filler does the new raid have?

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
Death Zamboni spoilers

First stage:

Edges of the area are electric. Don't stand there you dummy?
Zamboni starts far away and comes towards you. Destroy the two turrets on either side of its 'head'. Snipers, scouts, heavy...
Our group had a special ammo crate there which helped after wipes. I assume it always is but you never know...
It'll slow down a lot after destroying the turrets/exposing the core.
Shoot the core, which will create openings on the side for you to go through and jump on.

Lots of adds at 370 light. Stormcaller and/or nightstalker for control, defender for safety.

You can't go under the boss, even in the trenches and with a bridge/overhang above you.

If someone dies it might be better to wait until the zamboni has passed over their ghost and get them behind it, but only have one person doing that, have the rest rush forwards to:

Second stage:

There's a fairly shortish timer. I'm not sure exactly when it starts- destroying the core? When the Zamboni stops moving? When the encounter as a whole starts? Anyway I didn't time it but I feel like its less than a usual boss enrage timer but I'm not sure. Five minutes? A bit more than five? Maybe it is 10 total including the first section, or its just so hectic that time seems to fly by. It's an auto wipe anyway so be fast.
Hurry down to the other end. A dropship will drop a group of adds, including a yellowbar captain. Kill him, and three machine pieces will spawn. Carrying them slows you heavily (and can't shoot, double jump, etc.) You can carry them for 10 seconds, then you drop it and you are exhausted so you can't carry any for another 10seconds or so. No word on how long guardians who eat oats and never skip leg day can carry it. Basically you're trading out, but its a clusterfuck and poo poo might be left behind for a bit but that's fine.

If people die its recoverable, except if they fall in the pit with a part, then its a wipe.

You have to follow the low trench, I think. Fallen slow mines will spawn, so shoot them, or maybe have a nightstalker run ahead to detonate em early. Lots and lots of adds! CQC is good here. Auto, handcannon, fusion, shotgun, sword. Bring a few raze-lighters/dark-drinkers! They can wreck the yellow bar captains. Stormlock/sunbreaker for add control, tether for suppression, bubble for safety.

Back at the Zamboni a named yellow bar captain has spawned, he's up on the 'bridge' of the zamboni. Send someone with razelighter to kill him. This will lower a ramp to get the parts on the zamboni.

Drive shaft goes right next to the ramp. Warhead goes middle, engine goes back corner, opposite and furthest from ramp.

Ride to victory! Only cowards bail out.

Mazerunner fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Sep 24, 2016

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

TaurusOxford posted:

So how much dumb platforming filler does the new raid have?

two sections but neither were challenging or time consuming. Think like... the swinging ramps at the start of king's fall. Baby poo poo.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
It's a good feeling when you can't remember which exotics you have but you just happen to have the one you want.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

didn't beat the final boss (yet) but my review is its good. It's more VoG like than KFall, with maybe some of Crota's more hectic parts. I think once people get the hang of it it won't be too long- maybe around VoG length, longer than Crota for sure.

Zamboni has kick rear end music.

Can't wait to go again.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Young Orc

Mazerunner posted:

Death Zamboni spoilers

additional information regarding this fight
you can not cheese it by having a warlock get run over and then self rezing after the zamboni passes the first section, we accidently tried that on a wipe before we found the turrets were destructable. If it pushes over the wall with it;s face intact you wipe. I fully support this

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

FYI if you're doing the raid Shiro at the temple has a quest. It's not highlight in any way but it's there when you speak to him

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

ahaha it actually listed cause of death as sparrow

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Summary of Archon's Forge

http://i.imgur.com/hWBCKtJ.gifv

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

FishBulb posted:

I thought eris was pretty entertaining now.

Her sigh at the end of the Malok strike is the funniest clip in the game.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Mazerunner posted:

two sections but neither were challenging or time consuming. Think like... the swinging ramps at the start of king's fall. Baby poo poo.

Thank loving God.

xzzy posted:

Her sigh at the end of the Malok strike is the funniest clip in the game.

That sigh is Destiny in a nutshell.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

So in the ROI record book, you have to do 20 Crisis Strikes. But the Heroic ones don't count. And the 320 Crisis strikes don't give you any helpful blues. Kinda dumb.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Roman posted:

So in the ROI record book, you have to do 20 Crisis Strikes. But the Heroic ones don't count. And the 320 Crisis strikes don't give you any helpful blues. Kinda dumb.

they should I think? I mean if you can pick a 320 strike direct from the director and get drops I don't see why the 320 playlist wouldn't work

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

I got 340 and 245 blues from the 2 320 strikes i just did in the playlist.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Mazerunner posted:

they should I think? I mean if you can pick a 320 strike direct from the director and get drops I don't see why the 320 playlist wouldn't work

Nope you currently only get credit in the easy mode siva strikes.

Edit - well you can get drops but they feel lower quality common in the easy mode.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
So what ended up being the darkness

this is adorable

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

xzzy posted:

Nope you currently only get credit in the easy mode siva strikes.
Edit - well you can get drops but they feel lower quality common in the easy mode.
yeah blues are 340 max and I'm 353.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
blue engrams seem to lock at 340. the blue drops from bosses aren't actually engrams iirc, they go into your inventory decrypted already

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

Roman posted:

I'm guessing they intended it for people who were new to Destiny. They'll probably change it with a patch but by then everyone who would have benefited from it will have just nutted up and grinded the Siva strike playlist.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Where do artifacts drop from? Not archons forge right?

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
They don't drop from anything except CoO and sometimes decoding engrams

I got a comedian from turning in a Iron lord bounty

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

What's the best way to get some strange coins? I need like ten to get both of those cool warlock items!! Then I will be the envy of my friends since we are only level 220!!

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

Kiranamos posted:

What's the best way to get some strange coins? I need like ten to get both of those cool warlock items!! Then I will be the envy of my friends since we are only level 220!!

In order of frequency:
Faction rank up
PVP
Strikes
Engrams

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Blue engrams shouldn't be part of rank up packages from that fucker Raul

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Calaveron posted:

Blue engrams shouldn't be part of rank up packages from that fucker Raul

think of them as an investment into the next package -_-

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down

FishBulb posted:

They don't drop from anything except CoO and sometimes decoding engrams

I got a comedian from turning in a Iron lord bounty

Just leveled up Eris and got a class item instead of an artifact even though it was guaranteed according to the preview. CoO drops cap at 335 artifacts. All my gear is LL 372+ except for my artifact at 365....

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Mazerunner posted:

think of them as an investment into the next package -_-

I think of them as more worthless poo poo I have to hold X to get rid of.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

blue engrams seem to lock at 340. the blue drops from bosses aren't actually engrams iirc, they go into your inventory decrypted already

I've gotten blues between 340-350 at least.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
I know I poo poo on the raid fusion rifle earlier for merely being a Thesan with a lazily applied decal, but man this loving thing is legit. Fast charge, high impact, good range + deec stability, and choice of Smallbore or Braced Frame in the second row. I think maybe the raid weapons have set rolls? It sounded like the other person who got one had the same perks in other two rows, Army of One and Two for One.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

marauderthirty posted:

I know I poo poo on the raid fusion rifle earlier for merely being a Thesan with a lazily applied decal, but man this loving thing is legit. Fast charge, high impact, good range + deec stability, and choice of Smallbore or Braced Frame in the second row. I think maybe the raid weapons have set rolls? It sounded like the other person who got one had the same perks in other two rows, Army of One and Two for One.

Yeah set rolls with random elements. The fusion seems pretty good so far, I've only used it in PvE tho. The little wires on it pulse if you watch it long enough, I don't know if regular thesans do that.

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Looks like the limit to actually select it in the director is 331.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

marauderthirty posted:

yeah the weapons have set perks.

the armour has two set perks- one out of a choice of two, and then the uh, 'raid' perk although they actually seem pretty useful. The arms has increased heavy ammo from fallen. Reload speed is random as is int/disc and the other choice.

most importantly you can reroll them! costs 5 siva key fragments but just by going through to the end boss, finding one hidden chest and I know for sure we missed some I got 10 so it seems like you get those at a good pace.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

I started playing Destiny a few weeks ago, managed to get to 326 after the iron lords main quest line. Now I'm too low to matchmake into the 350/360 stuff (I mean I can, but I am a huge liability). Most of the stuff left for quests is 42 hard/very hard which sucks solo. I lack decent friends (the few who play are too busy raiding to help me) so is there a solo secret I'm missing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Wow the story missions get a lot better once you hit The Taken King. That first one was sick

• Locked thread