Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011
Hei, ajattelin kirjoittaa taas vaihteeksi Hesariin ku pääkirjoitus oli niin vitun tyhmä.

quote:

Helsingin Sanomien pääkirjoituksessa Uusnatsien toimien arvostelua ei tarvitse pehmentää sivuhuomautuksilla, eikä poliittiselle väkivallalle ole hyväksyttäviä syitä (HS 21.9.2016, http://www.hs.fi/paivanlehti/21092016/a1474344868455) todettiin: "Jos etsii teoille perusteita yhteiskunnan muutoksesta tai taloustilanteesta, antaa väärän viestin." Kun syiden etsimistä seurauksiin yritetään tukahduttaa, ollaan erittäin vaarallisella polulla, tai oikeammin polku on kadonnut jo kauan sitten ja ryteikköä näkyy joka suunnassa silmänkantamattomiin.

Kaikkien meidän ihmisten käyttäytymistä ohjaavat geenit ja ympäristö. Koska biologiaamme emme voi helposti vaikuttaa, jää jäljelle ainoastaan ympäristötekijöihin pureutuminen. Yksittäiseen tapahtumaan takertuminen sumentaa ajattelua, sillä loppujen lopuksi kyse on isoista suuntauksista täynnä yksityiskohtia. Kaikkia näitä yksityiskohtia ei pysty samaan aikaan hahmottamaan, joten olennaista on nähdä asiat suurpiirteisesti.

Kun ihmiset kokevat, etteivät kykene vaikuttamaan yhteiskunnassa ja muutenkin elämä painaa, on maaperä otollista äärikäyttäytymiselle. Yllättyisin jos väkivaltaisesti käyttäytyvät ihmiset eivät koostuisi pääosin ihmisistä, joilla on ollut hankala elämä jo lapsesta pitäen. Yhteiskunnallisella tasolla tuskin kukaan kiistää, että edustuksellinen demokratiamme on tällä hetkellä kriisissä, kun päätöksiä tehdään vastoin tutkimustietoa, korruptioon ei puututa terävämmin ja itse päätöksenteko on jumiutunut.

Ääriajattelua lisäksi vahvistaa sivistyneen keskustelun puute. Oli esimerkiksi vaikka EU-jäsenyydestä mitä mieltä tahansa, on mielestäni perusteltua väittää, että jäsenyyden vastustajien mielipiteitä ei ole käsitelty arvostavasti, vaan mielipiteiden esittäjät on leimattu taantumuksellisiksi ottamatta lainkaan kantaa esitettyihin argumentteihin. Tuomitsemalla mielipiteitä perustelematta vain kannetaan vettä vastakkainasettelun myllyyn. Lauri Mannermaan mielipidekirjoitus Pelkkä vieraan pelko tai epäluulo ei tee ihmisestä rasistia (HS 12.9. 2016, http://www.hs.fi/paivanlehti/12092016/a1473559500051) oli raikas tuulahdus tällä saralla. Emme ole antaneet ihmisille lupaa käsitellä negatiivisia tunteita rationaalisella tasolla, joten ne purkautuvat hallitsemattomasti alkukantaisempien reaktioiden kautta.

Jos emme edes yritä ymmärtää ihmisiä, jotka haluavat horjuttaa yhteiskuntaamme, emme ikinä tule pureutumaan ongelmien todellisiin syihin. Suihkutamme vettä liekkeihin, vaikka puu se on, joka oikeasti palaa.
Rustasin tän nopee ja kommentit on tervetulleita.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax

Herman Merman posted:

It's even worse than that because the vihervassari conspiracy that runs everything in Finland somehow covers up every murder and stabbing they perpetrate

Why do yout think there is such a conspiracy?

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011

Herman Merman posted:

It's even worse than that because the vihervassari conspiracy that runs everything in Finland somehow covers up every murder and stabbing they perpetrate

Yeah that's a loving strawman if I ever saw one.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

SnowblindFatal posted:

Hei, ajattelin kirjoittaa taas vaihteeksi Hesariin ku pääkirjoitus oli niin vitun tyhmä.

Well I disagree with the whole "we haven't given people a chance to address these things on a rational level". There hasn't probably been a single week that there hasn't been an refugee related news or refugee related discussion or debate in the news, in programs, eduskunta, etc. for close to two years now. Literally every viewpoint has been aired thousands of times, and the viewpoints of hysterical "immigration critics" have been given WAY more time then their share of the population would justify because they get a shitload of views and clicks, you probably know why.

In addition, there are literally hundreds of online forums you could do this in whatever way you like. You can also discuss it with your friends and family, for me alongside this forum that is the primary outlet.

Most of those who outwardly are the most angry about refugees are not interested in discussing things on a rational fact-based level. Is there anything about their rhetoric that has led you to believe they do want that, or are even capable of it? Is there even any way to get them to do that outside kidnapping them and forcefully educating them on the issue so that they are on a high enough level to participate then putting a gun to their head and demanding that they justify everything they say on empirical evidence?

Even in this forum which as far as online based immigration critics go is pretty high brow, people get pissed and/or disappear in the shadows when you cite actual facts and figures - or if they stay, spend their time arguing why those facts and figures can't be trusted instead of the conclusions you can draw from them. How are you supposed to engage someone who doesn't even recognize the legitimacy of internationally and nationally valid data in a rational debate?

I don't think they have been banned from the table. They got an open seat, still do (TF is in the government ffs) and they just don't measure up when it comes to rationality. They got the chance to give their views, they just have about the same value to the refugee issue as the views of Wahhabists are on women's rights.

EDIT: And every single even semi-major political speech from any governmental figure up to Prez and PM says that people are afraid and it is understandable. Like any halfway legit politician or commentator pretty much says that, police say it too, nevermind countless bloggers or journalists. So I really don't see where legitimate fears are not given an avenue.

I mean just this day Niinistö mentioned several fears and problems in his speech and didn't say "if you don't think Finland should take in a billion refugees you are a nazi rear end in a top hat" at any point:
http://www.hs.fi/ulkomaat/a1474428285930

EDIT 2: Don't take the length as an attack or anything but you seemed to put effort in your post so I put it in my critique

DarkCrawler fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Sep 21, 2016

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
rusi kuittailee lipposelle: http://www.iltasanomat.fi/kotimaa/art-2000001265539.html

ei se välttämättä väärässä ole

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF

SnowblindFatal posted:

ihan hyvä

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

SnowblindFatal posted:

muokkaa tekstiä niin että alkukirjaimet muodostavat jotain hävytöntä

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Holy poo poo completely missed this haha what's bigger then staggering on all caps?

Nenonen posted:

http://eop.fi/

Let's murretaan lihanormi!

Was this part of their manifesto or something:
http://www.hs.fi/kaupunki/a1474342189906
http://www.hs.fi/kaupunki/a1474433668985

Or maybe it's more of a Sinn Fein / IRA type of deal? :tinfoil:

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax
Some persu listed some left wing violence and mekkala und älämölö.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
merkittävin ero antifasistien ja muiden fasistien välillä on siinä onko lipussa työkalut vai riimu

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011

Hogge Wild posted:

merkittävin ero antifasistien ja muiden fasistien välillä on siinä onko lipussa työkalut vai riimu

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Yeah, "some persu" here being a known virulent racist and nazi-sympathizer whose son is in Soldiers of Odin. Also notice the lack of sources for anything except vappumarssit and how she is incapable of actually naming a single elected representative that is associated with any anarchists or left-wing violent individuals/organizations. And the assertion that media isn't talking about it is immediately undone by her links as is the assertion that the authorities don't care about it.

Anarchism by its definition stands separae from ordinary political sphere and has several strains of thought, many which skew so libertarian that it's a bit disingenous to consider it an pure leftist ideology. Also if animal rights are a leftist thing someone tell that to Hitler.

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM
I Have Strengths You Can't Imagine
extremely sad we lost such a talented poet

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008

DarkCrawler posted:

Anarchism by its definition stands separae from ordinary political sphere and has several strains of thought, many which skew so libertarian that it's a bit disingenous to consider it an pure leftist ideology.
This is historically inaccurate. Anarcho-capitalism is a 20th century product, basically Rothbard&co trying to co-opt an existing term for their own ideology. Proudhon, the guy who introduced the word 'anarchist' in its modern meaning around 1840 is also the guy who came up with the slogan "property is theft". Go ahead and try to find a libertarian who agrees with that.

quote:

Also if animal rights are a leftist thing someone tell that to Hitler.
In contemporary Finland it largely is.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Look, nazis may have beaten a person to death on the streets, but did you know that some anarchists bricked a window once?

This is literally the least subtle way to try and construct a false equivalency. I fully understand the ligur impulse to white knight nazis no matter what they do, but at least try to come up with something better for heaven's sake.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
I hate nazis too but antifa have kicked people during protests, they just didn't die.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Herman Merman posted:

This is historically inaccurate. Anarcho-capitalism is a 20th century product, basically Rothbard&co trying to co-opt an existing term for their own ideology. Proudhon, the guy who introduced the word 'anarchist' in its modern meaning around 1840 is also the guy who came up with the slogan "property is theft". Go ahead and try to find a libertarian who agrees with that.

I'm talking about current times. Every ideology has branches that the original founder would find revolting. Plenty of anarchists would also abhor being put in the left/right schema at all. Either way it is irrelevant because the media DOES report on anarchists (even if TF has goldfish memory) and the authorities consistently clamp down on them. And persus continue to be unable to show any actual ties between anarchists and elected politicians anyway.

Herman Merman posted:

In contemporary Finland it largely is.

Most animal rights activists are leftists but it and environmentalism are not exclusively their domain even in Finland and I don't think you can put it on either side of the equation. My hardcore Christan Kepu part of family are big on conservation and organic farming for example.

And again, irrespective of which box one wants to put things, media hasn't been silent on the issue either, its just the usual persucution complex.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Juho Eerola (TF) is currently the chairman of the Finnish side of the Nordic Council, and apparently the tradition is that every chairman gets promoted to be the president of said council. But currently all the other parties in the Finnish delegation are against setting him as a candidate because of a music video he released a month ago. Was it about the quality of the music or the content? You be the judge.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
http://www.iltasanomat.fi/kotimaa/art-2000001267290.html

quote:

Rasismia vastustavan mielenosoituksen lisäksi lauantaina järjestetään rasismin vastaisen mielenosoituksen vastamielenosoitus.

:what:

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Poor Pahkasika, they don't stand a chance anymore

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

DarkCrawler posted:

Yeah, "some persu" here being a known virulent racist and nazi-sympathizer whose son is in Soldiers of Odin. Also notice the lack of sources for anything except vappumarssit and how she is incapable of actually naming a single elected representative that is associated with any anarchists or left-wing violent individuals/organizations. And the assertion that media isn't talking about it is immediately undone by her links as is the assertion that the authorities don't care about it.

Anarchism by its definition stands separae from ordinary political sphere and has several strains of thought, many which skew so libertarian that it's a bit disingenous to consider it an pure leftist ideology. Also if animal rights are a leftist thing someone tell that to Hitler.

eläinoikeusasiat ovat vasemmistolaisia ligur

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011
Friend of a friend wrote this: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/393119/aarioikeiston_oikeutuskeinot.pdf

Extremely spot on, in my opinion.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
Most good poets are junkies anyway.

Emetic Hustler
May 5, 2009

Double Bill posted:

Poor Pahkasika, they don't stand a chance anymore

Satire became reality.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

Rexroom posted:

Juho Eerola (TF) is currently the chairman of the Finnish side of the Nordic Council, and apparently the tradition is that every chairman gets promoted to be the president of said council. But currently all the other parties in the Finnish delegation are against setting him as a candidate because of a music video he released a month ago. Was it about the quality of the music or the content? You be the judge.

Tästä älämölöstä saa mitään selvää.

Vois muuten kuuklata sanoitukset mutta taitaa olla sellaista paskaa että parempi jättää välistä.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Hogge Wild posted:

Well then right-wing gets kind of a poo poo deal, doesn't it?

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008

Saturday will be amazing

quote:

Mieltä osoitetaan rasismia vastaan, suomalaisiin kohdistuvaa rasismia vastaan, rasisminvastaista mielenosoitusta vastaan, Turkkia ja Isisiä vastaan, sekä sukupuolineutraalia avioliittolakia vastaan.
:finland:

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008

the struggle is real

Fated To Be Fat
May 23, 2009

A branch without a tree.

Hogge Wild posted:

Green politics is postmodern. It doesnt fit on left or right of the political spectrum. Just like fascism. :godwin:

Itse toisaalta näen paskapostaamisen syvästi keskustalaisena toimena.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

OgO posted:

Itse toisaalta näen paskapostaamisen syvästi keskustalaisena toimena.

I'll expect the Center Party to use memes in their next elections.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Rexroom posted:

I'll expect the Center Party to use memes in their next elections.

Who are you kidding, they created Finland's first memes during Kekkonen presidency

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax
Multiculturalism in a bus: an enraged arab started shouting at the somali bus driver because he was 30 seconds late. After a continuing verbal battle between them I shouted he should shut up and sit the gently caress down so we could get going. Although his anger was directed at the driver (apparently an old nemesis of his) he had the time to accuse of being a pig who drinks alcohol (true) and then started yelling I am a homo.

Old bouncer trick!

I replied yes, I am a homo and find him very pretty, so we can get down. "I will give you a french kiss, yessss, I love you, I love you long. You look good, man!"

Dude ran out of the bus really fast :haw:

ALLAN LASSUS
May 11, 2007

apul.prof./ass.prof.
Source your quotes

Golden Gate Bride
Oct 23, 2008
knife to meet you

Ligur posted:

Multiculturalism in a bus: an enraged arab started shouting at the somali bus driver because he was 30 seconds late. After a continuing verbal battle between them I shouted he should shut up and sit the gently caress down so we could get going. Although his anger was directed at the driver (apparently an old nemesis of his) he had the time to accuse of being a pig who drinks alcohol (true) and then started yelling I am a homo.

Old bouncer trick!

I replied yes, I am a homo and find him very pretty, so we can get down. "I will give you a french kiss, yessss, I love you, I love you long. You look good, man!"

Dude ran out of the bus really fast :haw:

I'm sorry you didn't find love, my insanely cool man, Ligur.

Hob_Gadling
Jul 6, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Grimey Drawer
Arjalaisia en pussaa mutta jos tulee joku muu.

Patrocclesiastes
Apr 30, 2009

Hob_Gadling posted:

Arjalaisia en pussaa mutta jos tulee joku muu.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Ketkä on mestoilla natsien lynkkausfestareilla? Live-twiitatkaa tähän säikeeseen, kiitos etukäteen :tipshat:

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Who the gently caress wants to spend their saturday afternoon on something like that, really

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Our prime minister! :haw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Rappaport posted:

Ketkä on mestoilla natsien lynkkausfestareilla? Live-twiitatkaa tähän säikeeseen, kiitos etukäteen :tipshat:

niillä näyttää olevan hauskaa siellä: