Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Smithereens posted:

sorry my boys, i was busy today so couldnt flame you retards

lmao even tho i have disposable income i wouldnt spend it on giving you an avatar. pls do not misplace your anger on me, a displaced gbs refugee you bigot. trust me though, you arent owned and came out on top!!

thank you for the kind words! since you know me, you should also know i am visibly upset and shaking because i take all posts on the forum very seriously. all these posters are no longer human, they are just animals. these monsters said very hurtful things to me and i intend on having them pay triple with compounding interest

:buddy:

Smithereens posted:

the thread where dex_sda sucks off arfjasons posting and arfjason graces him with a personal exhange its adorable

interdasting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

CSGO is a really great game. There's nothing else like it.

It's impressive that a game constantly has me improving and learning all the time, even at my 1.2k hours.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
I love csgo

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

exethan posted:

I love csgo

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
CS:GO more like CS:GAY

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Kazakhstan got disqualified from TWC2016 because Dosia played for them, masquerading as a Kazakh player.

:allears:

sleppy
Dec 25, 2008

Ozmiander posted:

but i thought we were mm bros now

do you even know who I am?

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
you're sloppy

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...
Got an Ace at 150 ping earlier. Special shout out to XP677 for tricking me onto European servers and for stealing my diffuse. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPM1Ae5Q4yA

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
:buddy:

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Smithereens posted:

sorry my boys, i was busy today so couldnt flame you retards

lmao even tho i have disposable income i wouldnt spend it on giving you an avatar. pls do not misplace your anger on me, a displaced gbs refugee you bigot. trust me though, you arent owned and came out on top!!

thank you for the kind words! since you know me, you should also know i am visibly upset and shaking because i take all posts on the forum very seriously. all these posters are no longer human, they are just animals. these monsters said very hurtful things to me and i intend on having them pay triple with compounding interest

Smithereens posted:

the thread where dex_sda sucks off arfjasons posting and arfjason graces him with a personal exhange its adorable

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qkrKTAOv2M

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Ozmiander posted:

you're sloppy

I'm fairly certain that's slippy, from the start fox game series

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Luna Was Here posted:

I'm fairly certain that's slippy, from the start fox game series

oh, my bad. i don't play video games.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

ArfJason posted:

hey you, eagle guy who got deranked to mge due to inactivity and havent touched the game in weeks, you ready to play against globals and supremes, with one of your guys only buying mag7? you bet you are!

Weird. When I decayed to single ak from smfc it put me in nova games at first lol

Guess that says a lot about me!!!

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

i want to stop caring about getting better at this game but i can't for some reason.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Xenaero posted:

Weird. When I decayed to single ak from smfc it put me in nova games at first lol

Guess that says a lot about me!!!

i just imagine the game starts to lose track as the rest of the world's place in the ladder gets shifted around, and so it has to compensate by making your volatility higher? complete nonsense and guesswork because noone knows how the system exactly works but it makes sense to me

ArmZ posted:

i want to stop caring about getting better at this game but i can't for some reason.

it started with warming up on dm for 5 mins before an mm game and its ended up at downloading smoke practice maps, recoil pattern training excercises, complex console scripts and monklike ascetic isolation all for the brazillians screaming at me to get progressively angrier because they were totally gonna rank up to global this game

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
drat shame how the ak has a glock counterpart (wasteland rebel) but there's no such combo for the p2k/a4

There's a nice three way design of cyrex/desert strike/torque but the p2k is still left out what the heck there's no matching design ?!?!

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

ArfJason posted:

it started with warming up on dm for 5 mins before an mm game and its ended up at downloading smoke practice maps, recoil pattern training excercises, complex console scripts and monklike ascetic isolation all for the brazillians screaming at me to get progressively angrier because they were totally gonna rank up to global this game

I go through varying states of tryharding. I'm pretty out of it right now because of work schedules (and that everyone is fukken playing legion) but when I get the bug it's friberg's aim map, smoke practice, youtube videos and dm for hours

I think at some point you get to where the best way to get better is to just play matches against good people and learn from your mistakes and the approach of people better than you, but for a fairly new player there's a lot of benefit to just really grinding the mechanics. When I first started playing GO in early 2015 I probably had a slight advantage with my 1.6 background in terms of game sense and super basic positioning, but everything else was atrocious and since the only matches I played were against other people in the nova/MG range the chances of actually improving much was slim, but once I started investing an unhealthy amount of time in practice maps and non-valve dm I shot up from something like dmg to global in like 4 months

One thing I miss from the period when I really wanted to improve was that I had a muuuuch healthier relationship with winning and losing, like a loss was completely fine so long as I learned something from it, now I just get cs depression because I feel like I ought to have won, usually because I recognize my dumb mistakes but I'm too bad at this stupid game to rectify them

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

ArmZ posted:

1v1 servers will be the death of me, especially when my voicescale 0 decides to not take and some lovely 15 year old is screaming about jews

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe

Famethrowa posted:

1v1 servers will be the death of me, especially when my voicescale 0 decides to not take and some lovely 15 year old is screaming about jews

Let's be real. This game is for the masochist and that is why we play. I love cs:go

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Bohemian Nights posted:

I go through varying states of tryharding. I'm pretty out of it right now because of work schedules (and that everyone is fukken playing legion) but when I get the bug it's friberg's aim map, smoke practice, youtube videos and dm for hours

I think at some point you get to where the best way to get better is to just play matches against good people and learn from your mistakes and the approach of people better than you, but for a fairly new player there's a lot of benefit to just really grinding the mechanics. When I first started playing GO in early 2015 I probably had a slight advantage with my 1.6 background in terms of game sense and super basic positioning, but everything else was atrocious and since the only matches I played were against other people in the nova/MG range the chances of actually improving much was slim, but once I started investing an unhealthy amount of time in practice maps and non-valve dm I shot up from something like dmg to global in like 4 months

One thing I miss from the period when I really wanted to improve was that I had a muuuuch healthier relationship with winning and losing, like a loss was completely fine so long as I learned something from it, now I just get cs depression because I feel like I ought to have won, usually because I recognize my dumb mistakes but I'm too bad at this stupid game to rectify them

ive honestly stopped doing aim training and focused on learning smokes, which sucks cause i find my aim is outstanding one day and horrible the next one, or even fluctuating wildly between matches. Lately i've become consistent at mediocrity, most times just being ok, and a lot more often than i expected, top fragging, but still not enough to justify calling that the new baseline.
as for overall mentality, honestly how ive been feeling about it lately is if i've made some sick shots here and there, it was a good match, despite losing.

granted i've never been one to rage at the game or outright quit it out of losing streaks but i do get very bummed out when i just cant land easy shots that i *know* i can make. Even so, if i lose i just go, well whatever, and queue for the next game, cause the really good flickshots and moments where you outsmart a player make up for it.

so my advice i guess is play for the really cool moments

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
man this game loving owns

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9qiZrJaLRs

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Its really hard to play other shooting games than cs. The guns don't have that feeling of die motherfucker and a lot of them have too much of the movement out of your control. The movement in source games is a bit of a mess but it beats the poo poo out of press space to clamber over waste high object with cool animations. Its odd that the immersive stuff makes games less immersive.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
let it go dude you wrote the most embarrassing poo poo ever but its ok

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

ArfJason posted:

let it go dude you wrote the most embarrassing poo poo ever but its ok

hey bud this is a cool post proving ur not owned, systematically defeating me and proving ur a cool smart poster unlike sofia coppola. this is really in the aeroplane over the sea levels of classic ownage to be remembered. the bell tolls for me

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Smithereens weren't you the dude I got real mad at and then realized I shouldn't have gotten that mad and so I apologized for overreacting while saying I still stood by my initial point, like an adult, and took the poo poo goons threw at me for the next few pages and then it died down because I didn't keep trying to prove how cool and funny I was?

E: My point is you are now the me of that situation and you should just chill, it's over.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Nice haircut.

Thanks for ruining that J&MC track for me guys.

fennesz fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Sep 24, 2016

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

i really liked your post because it uses one of my favourite posts but i edited it a little bit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrbegpGYnws

edit: hey arf man i know u dont like me but youtube is my livelihood right now so i would really appreciate it if u would turn that dislike into a like subscribe and become a gaming gator today. thanks a lot god bless

Rite Of Massage fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Sep 24, 2016

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Smithereens posted:

you should see our PMs man, steamy stuff

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

btw stop posting

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Where is the CS lore at?

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

mcvey posted:

Where is the CS lore at?

They cut the Arctic Avengers, Guerillas and Akunin, and relegated the best new faction of Ts to hostage mode. Who cares?!

Demostrs
Mar 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Smithereens posted:

i really liked your post because it uses one of my favourite posts but i edited it a little bit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrbegpGYnws

edit: hey arf man i know u dont like me but youtube is my livelihood right now so i would really appreciate it if u would turn that dislike into a like subscribe and become a gaming gator today. thanks a lot god bless

i luv bullet for my valentine

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Demostrs posted:

i luv bullet for my valentine

mods?

Demostrs
Mar 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

quit promoting rape culture ryan lochte

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

http://blog.counter-strike.net/index.php/air-time/

:stare:

sleppy
Dec 25, 2008

if they take out jump scouting I will probably play significantly less

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Dongicus posted:

CSGO is a really great game. There's nothing else like it.

It's impressive that a game constantly has me improving and learning all the time, even at my 1.2k hours.

CS is the closest PC gaming has come to being a sport in the sense of a communal game with a set of rules and organization that travels back a respectable amount of time. It's pretty cool, really.

e: leave jump scouting alone jfc i take back what i said gently caress it all and gently caress you valve

Faffel fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Sep 24, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demostrs
Mar 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Faffel posted:

CS is the closest PC gaming has come to being a sport in the sense of a communal game with a set of rules and organization that travels back a respectable amount of time. It's pretty cool, really.

e: leave jump scouting alone jfc

excuse me, but let me tell you about a little game called starcraft: brood war, a game so popular as an esport that s. korea (the origin country of buns-sama) created a governing organization called kespa to enforce rules like banning match-fixers. also, you forgot about my other favorite esport, cribbage