Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Frozenfries
Nov 1, 2012
Varesh is an absolute monster once you click with his abilities. I've managed to carry 2s and often win 2v1's because of Wuju and the first round battlerite where you can recast it within 1.5s of it being cast once. He goes from being a hulking, slow thing to a teleporting, death dealing beast. You can time it so when you get the first trance to proc, you teleport behind, then m1+E+Q again so they cop a massive hit and you end up usually trancing again and teleporting right out of there. You usually hit enough by then to have your R teleport energy ready to get out if you need to as well.

It's super fun and people fear even shooting you after a couple of rounds. Some people wisen up and cancel their shots to try bait my Q out though, so there have been some seriously intense fights going around. Varesh4lyf, I'm FrogMachine on Battlerite if you're down for fightin' and punchin', I'm on Japan time, so most of Asia and Aus I can do np.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

quote:

Prior to the Masters of Bacon tournament (which you can donate 3 euros or more to for a unique Battlerite Avatar), there's also a super-casual (no prize) 2v2 tournament happening on Friday called Ultiduo:

quote:

North America & Asia: https://battlefy.com/battlerite-ultiduo/ultiduo-i/57dff4fc542365120c314649/info Friday 23rd 7PM Pacific Summer Time

Europe: https://battlefy.com/battlerite-ultiduo/ultiduo-i-europe/57e0001eec16fe2b0c519081/info Saturday 24th 12:00 PM Central European Summer Time

IT'S A 2v2 SLUGFEST! FEATURING

NO PRIZES!
ONLY 4 DAYS OF BETA TO PRACTICE!
ONLY ONE CASTER! (plz call me if you want to cast plz?)

Perfect for practising for the Masters of Bacon tournement the day after! Except that's a 3v3 and this is 2v2... hm. Maybe not! BUT ANYWAY!

WHO WILL WIN? NO-ONE KNOWS BECAUSE NOBODY'S PLAYED!

quote:

Possible Streamers:

https://www.twitch.tv/countblanc - CountBlanc :siren:Goon streamer:siren:
https://www.twitch.tv/thecakebandito - TheCakeBandito
https://www.twitch.tv/CorruptDropbear - admin stream

This is starting soon!

Ruzihm fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Sep 24, 2016

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
WELL

we went up against rank 14 granny and pearl as poloma and croak

it did not go well at all

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Countblanc is streaming with a co-caster, and it's way better than the admin's stream.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm noticing a lot of the tournaments are focusing on 2v2 rather than 3v3, which is a shame since I think 3v3 is just as fun to play and watch :smith:

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Rafza posted:

WELL

Uhh... they are in the grandfinals now. and they are doing pretty well.

Now I feel a lot better about gettin stomped by these guys.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

GreyPowerVan posted:

haha! funny post!!

Thanks it means a lot to me.

Android Lust
Sep 2, 2012

Rafza posted:

WELL

Sorry for being a big fat smelly idiot, but granny = Iva?

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Android Lust posted:

Sorry for being a big fat smelly idiot, but granny = Iva?

yep

hito
Feb 13, 2012

Thank you, kids. By giving us this lift you're giving a lift to every law-abiding citizen in the world.
Pro tip: Ashka Pure Fire heals if you hit the orb.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

And... they won. What a horrifying team.

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!

Ruzihm posted:

What was their general strategy with that comp? Keep away forever?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Megasabin posted:

What was their general strategy with that comp? Keep away forever?

they actually switched off that comp and went with Lucie-or-Pearl + Ashka for most of the finals, and then Pearl + Freya for the last match. But yeah lucie + iva's strat was just staying the gently caress away and having a bunch of shields. it was pretty impressive to watch.

Android Lust
Sep 2, 2012

Countblanc posted:

they actually switched off that comp and went with Lucie-or-Pearl + Ashka for most of the finals, and then Pearl + Freya for the last match. But yeah lucie + iva's strat was just staying the gently caress away and having a bunch of shields. it was pretty impressive to watch.

Is there vods of these matches somewhere?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Android Lust posted:

Is there vods of these matches somewhere?

https://www.twitch.tv/countblanc/v/91041814

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Be aware that due to the nature of the tournament there's a lot of dead air so feel free to skip around.

Android Lust
Sep 2, 2012

Countblanc posted:

Be aware that due to the nature of the tournament there's a lot of dead air so feel free to skip around.

Thanks a ton. Will probably spend most of the night watching the matches!

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

You could make highlights of each match, then export it to your YouTube channel. Makes for quicker/easier watching. Cuts out all the dead air between matches etc.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Does oldur seem a bit underpowered?

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Ruzihm posted:

Uhh... they are in the grandfinals now. and they are doing pretty well.

Now I feel a lot better about gettin stomped by these guys.

Ruzihm posted:

well now we have something to study for the next go around imo

their shotcalling/focus fire was extremely on point so im not surprised

Kevin Bacon
Sep 22, 2010

Wangsbig posted:

the worst thing about this game that must be addressed is that all the hero names blow and no one will ever remember them or say them out loud. mysterious goat will forever be mysterious goat, shield guy, spear guy, big frog, all way better names

This is from way back but it's too true :smith: I actually have a tab up on my browser with the character list so I can check who people are talking about when they are discussing a someone

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Kevin Bacon posted:

This is from way back but it's too true :smith: I actually have a tab up on my browser with the character list so I can check who people are talking about when they are discussing a someone

The only character I remember are pearl and ashka. But I prefer to call Ashka "Spicy Meatball Man"

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
There's a "popular esport people" tournament going on over at https://www.twitch.tv/tastyfishtv

Here are the teams

[A]lliance | Akke & Admiral Bulldog, DOTA 2 professionals & winners of The International 3
Tosan, WoW Arena Streamer
C9 | Kyky & Debett, professional Overwatch players
Mes, WoW Arena Streamer
Lassiz, Team Dignitas Streamer
ChainerFails, Diablo 3 Streamer
Incon, Smite streamer
ODPixel & Sheever, professional DOTA 2 casters and hosts

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

I really, really can't stand Shifu. His ult insane and it's supremely stupid that he can deal damage while immaterial.

shifu poloma shifu poloma shifu poloma shifu poloma

EDIT: Also getting frustrated that my team doesn't ever fight for the mid orb. Nobody seems to understand how important it is and just ignore it.

Fresh Shesh Besh fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Sep 24, 2016

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
The hero names aren't great, no, but the thing people haven't made the connection yet about them: they're all short, one- or two-syllable (Poloma/Sirius aside) names that are easy to refer to while casting a high-speed match. What's quicker to communicate for a caster, "Bakko reflects Jade's snipe!" or "Blood Priest dodges Inhibitor!"?

One thing that Stunlock has really improved on in Battlerite compared to Bloodline Champions is making the game as watchable as possible. The camera is far less jerky, abilities are clearer, effects are spelled out above the character model in plain text, names are shorter and easier. When I compare to other games like Overwatch, which is honestly really boring to watch, or Dota 2/League where there's just a lot of downtime for the several team fights you'll have in a 40 minute game, Battlerite is a much superior Twitch stream experience.

I think all these little things taken together really matters for building a playerbase and community, and you can see a couple posts above that Stunlock has been serious about recruiting a bunch of well-known streamers.

Vorpal Cat
Mar 19, 2009

Oh god what did I just post?
I'm 95% sure the two new characters coming out in October are going to be Harbinger and Seeker. Both of them can be seen at the end of the the most recent trailer, and seeker is even on one of the in game loading screens.

Now seeker I could take or leave, but Harbinger was one of my favorites in blc. I just hope they keep his super seyan ult. This game could realy use move crazy drain tanking demon men with Pudge hooks.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Fresh Shesh Besh posted:

EDIT: Also getting frustrated that my team doesn't ever fight for the mid orb. Nobody seems to understand how important it is and just ignore it.

I got super annoyed about this when I was starting out, but as I've gotten more experience sometimes it's just better to keep on pressuring the enemy and forcing them back than it is to break off whatever you're doing and focus the orb -- which gives the enemy time to regroup and cooldowns to come up. If the enemy is actively running away and avoiding you, then, yeah, don't waste time chasing them and go grab the central orb.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
My only complaint about names is that all of the BLC names would've worked just fine as titles in Battlerite, but with like 3 exceptions most are just random other things. Poloma the Psychopomp! Croak the Ranid Assassin! Shifu the Spear!..? Varesh the Eternal? etc

Breaky is doing an alright job casting a new game. He's not as much of a fat slob as I remember in HoN.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Unfunny Poster posted:

There's a "popular esport people" tournament going on over at https://www.twitch.tv/tastyfishtv

Here are the teams

[A]lliance | Akke & Admiral Bulldog, DOTA 2 professionals & winners of The International 3
Tosan, WoW Arena Streamer
C9 | Kyky & Debett, professional Overwatch players
Mes, WoW Arena Streamer
Lassiz, Team Dignitas Streamer
ChainerFails, Diablo 3 Streamer
Incon, Smite streamer
ODPixel & Sheever, professional DOTA 2 casters and hosts

holy loving poo poo is that breakycpk casting?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

babypolis posted:

holy loving poo poo is that breakycpk casting?

idk who that is but he apparently doesnt know anything about the game, why is he commentating

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
"So what are those little green orbs?" lol

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Countblanc posted:

idk who that is but he apparently doesnt know anything about the game, why is he commentating

BreakyCPK was a notorious Heroes of Newerth caster who I vaguely recall as being of the "frantic garblemouth" camp of shoutcasting.

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

I've been on the prowl for a new moba ever since dota 2 was ruined by memeback mechanics. is this worth the early access buy-in?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
If you like PvP, small teams, and skillshots this is probably the best game you can buy.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Countblanc posted:

:lol:

This post could have been sent back in time 5 years ago and it'd still be perfectly true

Minorkos posted:

I've been on the prowl for a new moba ever since dota 2 was ruined by memeback mechanics. is this worth the early access buy-in?

Yes, absolutely, it's all the fun parts of dotalikes without the grinding or titchy stats or enormously long matches. Akke and Bulldog are playing on stream right now if you want to see the game: https://www.twitch.tv/tastyfishtv

This isn't a dotalike though. No creeps, no XP, no items.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Vermain posted:

BreakyCPK was a notorious Heroes of Newerth caster who I vaguely recall as being of the "frantic garblemouth" camp of shoutcasting.

yes he was extremely bad and he doesn't seem to have improved over the years.

Oh heres a nifty little trick just showcased on that twitch stream: if you have an ability that bounces you can target the orb for an easy hit on a nearby hero

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Minorkos posted:

Absolutely. It could still use some spit and polish and a few balancing passes, but it's more-or-less a complete game. It takes the good thing about MOBA teamfights and removes the cruft.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
... does Bulldog know about healing charges? He keeps trying to heal at 0 charges, it looks like.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

the other guy is a much better commentator shame about his lovely mic and voice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
he voice is fine, he just doesn't sound like a sports caster

• Locked thread