Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
literally real IRL
Apr 28, 2008

Lyer posted:

Where do artifacts drop from? Not archons forge right?

If you use a skeleton key at the end of a strike you can get a high light blue artifact along side the normal purple. Supposedly the odds increase or are even guaranteed if your artifact is your lowest light item.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Rick_Hunter posted:

In order of frequency:
Faction rank up
PVP
Strikes
Engrams

Spam lowest level Prison of Elders, open the chests over and over and over and over... if you need them for sure, on a deadline.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
Did the raid for 4 hours. Couldn't beat the final boss. We got the hang of the mechanics before people had to leave.

We had 2 people in the low 260's which was not ideal.

The raid was good though. Lots of encounters. Nothing felt to cheap.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Blues in non-heroic strikes seem to cap at 345. There might be a small chance of higher but in six strikes I didn't get poo poo.

Which is bad because I'm at 353. Would be a bit higher but RNG hates me so both my ghost and artifact are stuck at 350.

I wouldn't mind the slower advancement if I could play a couple hours and see improvement without having to glitch a boss or something.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Elendil004 posted:

I started playing Destiny a few weeks ago, managed to get to 326 after the iron lords main quest line. Now I'm too low to matchmake into the 350/360 stuff (I mean I can, but I am a huge liability). Most of the stuff left for quests is 42 hard/very hard which sucks solo. I lack decent friends (the few who play are too busy raiding to help me) so is there a solo secret I'm missing?

Bro, never solo. What's your PSN?

(also gently caress pubbies, dive into any matchmaking playlist and die 100 times happily)

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

victrix posted:

Bro, never solo. What's your PSN?

(also gently caress pubbies, dive into any matchmaking playlist and die 100 times happily)

Karolith . I'd be up for some stuff right now or most of the day tomorrow

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

CheeseFactory posted:

We had 2 people in the low 260's

Is that a typo?

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
ok any thoughts on these weapons? I heavy ammo'd my way through like 10 dead orbit levels

Maybe for PvE?

e; the vendor roll rocket launcher has g&h, heavy payload and flared magwell. It worth picking that one over the ones I've got?

Mazerunner fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Sep 24, 2016

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I'm at 347 light. If I understand things correctly, I should save up all my legendary engrams and wait until I am at 350 to use them?

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I'm at 347 light. If I understand things correctly, I should save up all my legendary engrams and wait until I am at 350 to use them?

The longer you save them the better

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

CheeseFactory posted:

Did the raid for 4 hours. Couldn't beat the final boss. We got the hang of the mechanics before people had to leave.

We had 2 people in the low 260's which was not ideal.

The raid was good though. Lots of encounters. Nothing felt to cheap.

Same. It's only extreme poopsockers that can have the dps to beat him this week.

This is a good raid that's eventually only gonna take as long as crota on a good day but that's fine because it's actually fun shoot mans and you can use an auto rifle and a shotgun and go pew pew.

Got the shotgun and all the armor but the helmet. Hard raid shader is gonna look so dope on the warlock.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

http://i.imgur.com/6Yzy7vb.gifv

archon's forge fusion lookin good

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

deadwing posted:

http://i.imgur.com/6Yzy7vb.gifv

archon's forge fusion lookin good

Tell us more about the iron Lord gun sights

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Same. It's only extreme poopsockers that can have the dps to beat him this week.

This is a good raid that's eventually only gonna take as long as crota on a good day but that's fine because it's actually fun shoot mans and you can use an auto rifle and a shotgun and go pew pew.

Got the shotgun and all the armor but the helmet. Hard raid shader is gonna look so dope on the warlock.

So not only is there no overly complicated platforming, there's no "MUST BRING SPECIFIC WEAPONS OR YOU ARE USELESS" bullshit either? At least Destiny 1 can end on a high note.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

And so you're saying there's literally no place where my touch of malice and black spindle are required. What even is this game anymore.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

TaurusOxford posted:

So not only is there no overly complicated platforming, there's no "MUST BRING SPECIFIC WEAPONS OR YOU ARE USELESS" bullshit either? At least Destiny 1 can end on a high note.

mmmm kinda sorta. There's one section where close quarters weapons are great (in which case people are going to be like RAZE LIGHTER REQUIRED!!!) but the rest are bosses and people are still going to want max dps, so snipers, sleeper, etc. Hard mode is going to be worse for this. Can you use other stuff? Probably, sure, but it's not optimal and people go crazy about that.

I mean that sucks but that's just kind of the nature of having boss fights with tight dps requirements and mechanics that require some coordination.

e; malice would not be useful here, since there's... you know no invincibility aura and blessing doesn't work anymore. The old malice would absolutely have trashed a bunch of the fights though.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
So yeah I opened a Skelton hey chest and got a 367 artifact.

Now to farm more skeleton keys.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Did the raid and almost completed the part from the trailer. Got the lovely shotgun but that's okay. Dude on my friends list has the warlock chest (miasma robes) which looks dope as gently caress.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc

actionjackson posted:

Did the raid and almost completed the part from the trailer. Got the lovely shotgun but that's okay. Dude on my friends list has the warlock chest (miasma robes) which looks dope as gently caress.

They look tight as hell with a white or black shader.

Kumo
Jul 31, 2004

There's a shader in RoI called Nanopoesis that you get when you collect a full set of "Spliced" armor from WoM Heroic.

http://twinfinite.net/2016/09/destiny-rise-of-iron-all-new-wrath-of-the-machine-raid-armor/

you look like a tetris block

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Has anyone found out what is in the chest at the end of the raid behind the lasers? You have to beat the whole raid in one go to get to it, using tv monitors in various spots along the way to remove each laser

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
So is it impossible to get the Taken armor now? I didn't see it when I did a preview of the sterling treasure.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Taser Gator posted:

If you use a skeleton key at the end of a strike you can get a high light blue artifact along side the normal purple. Supposedly the odds increase or are even guaranteed if your artifact is your lowest light item.

Not guaranteed. Used my first one with 361 in all my slots except a 347 artifact, no artifact upgrade.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Spacebump posted:

So is it impossible to get the Taken armor now? I didn't see it when I did a preview of the sterling treasure.
it's only in sterling treasure (the new ROI one is called Radiant Treasure), which is only once per week from 41 prison of elders. Nowhere else. So if you're really lucky you'll have a set by the time Destiny 2 is out

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Going from regular Destiny missions to Taken King is like going from old vanilla WoW quests to Wrath of the Lich King or something, it's so much better that it's not even funny. pretty much the only nice thing I have to say about quests up to that point is that the music is sick, i love the theme that plays during House of Wolves stuff that first kicks in when you pick up a scotch cannon. Once I get to 40 am I missing anything big if I jump onto RoI stuff without completing the previous quest lines? I'm sure I'll do them eventually but not sure if there's a gameplay incentive to knock them out , I just wanna hurry up and get to the point where I don't have to solo everything

edit: also i have like 16 strange coins is there anything i should buy from the weekend vendor guy for when i hit 40? i just started playing and have no idea how this works

goferchan fucked around with this message at 08:32 on Sep 24, 2016

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Court of Oryx artifacts only go up to 335 right? So there's no need for me to hold on to runes?

isk
Oct 3, 2007

Roman posted:

Court of Oryx artifacts only go up to 335 right? So there's no need for me to hold on to runes?

There is if you want to grind a bit - the reputation packages from Eris cap at 385.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

goferchan posted:

Going from regular Destiny missions to Taken King is like going from old vanilla WoW quests to Wrath of the Lich King or something, it's so much better that it's not even funny. pretty much the only nice thing I have to say about quests up to that point is that the music is sick, i love the theme that plays during House of Wolves stuff that first kicks in when you pick up a scotch cannon. Once I get to 40 am I missing anything big if I jump onto RoI stuff without completing the previous quest lines? I'm sure I'll do them eventually but not sure if there's a gameplay incentive to knock them out , I just wanna hurry up and get to the point where I don't have to solo everything

edit: also i have like 16 strange coins is there anything i should buy from the weekend vendor guy for when i hit 40? i just started playing and have no idea how this works

Definitely buy some 3oC. This week kinda sucks for Xur.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

We got it done on our next attempt. We killed him in 3 rotations and i think you can have up to 4 or maybe 5?

The DPS is not a huge issue. The biggest issue is making sure people are slamming at every chance and you get those 3 slams in a row, as he stays down longest on the 3rd slam.

Also a fully chared scorch cannon does 55k worth of damage. So those are useful too.

On our final run we had a 385, 381, 377, 375, 370 and a 365. But yeah. Ideally you want everyone over 370 as it's a 380 encounter. Under 360 is a death sentence.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

TaurusOxford posted:

It's pretty lenient on you're choice of weapons.

Some weapons will work better on certain encounters though, obviously.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

actionjackson posted:

Has anyone found out what is in the chest at the end of the raid behind the lasers? You have to beat the whole raid in one go to get to it, using tv monitors in various spots along the way to remove each laser

There will be a way to cheese this. We used swords and were able to bypass all but the last layer of the lasers by swird slashing. We almost had it but hot kicked to orbit.

CheeseFactory fucked around with this message at 10:02 on Sep 24, 2016

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

CheeseFactory posted:

It's pretty lenient on you're choice of weapons.

Some weapons will work better on certain encounters though, obviously.

As long as it's not more Gjallarhorn/Touch of Malice/Black Spindle nonsense then it's fine. I don't want to see LFG a month from now and see nothing but "must have OP exotic or gently caress off".

Moochewmoo
May 13, 2009
Do all my exotics carry over into year 3 from year 2? Do I need brand new drops? Is end game 3 man stuff running nightfall until I die or is prison of elders updated? Kinda worried to buy Thighs of Brian if PVP is all there is to do to me.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

Moochewmoo posted:

Do all my exotics carry over into year 3 from year 2? Do I need brand new drops? Is end game 3 man stuff running nightfall until I die or is prison of elders updated? Kinda worried to buy Thighs of Brian if PVP is all there is to do to me.

1) Yes
2) Not if you have a Y2 item. Most (all?) can be infused.
3) Sorta updated. Challenge can give some nice loot. Regular PoE is worth doing 1x/week if you want a Sterling Treasure.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
Do artifacts from Strikes scale to my light?

Where the hell do I get Ghost shells?

Am I supposed to just be Omnigul farming? :smith:

I want to be raid ready by next Friday but these assholes released the expansion at a terrible time. I wish it had come out like three months ago.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

TaurusOxford posted:

As long as it's not more Gjallarhorn/Touch of Malice/Black Spindle nonsense then it's fine. I don't want to see LFG a month from now and see nothing but "must have OP exotic or gently caress off".

it's gonna be spindle/sleeper(/razelighter), sorry. Dumbs might ask for horn but those in the know know that it makes bosses freak out too much.

I mean that's how people are. Can you use other weapons? Yes. But you could use other weapons for Vault, for Crota, for Oryx... doesn't stop people from demanding specific loadouts and being way overleveled.

e; I'm not happy about it either, but I just don't want you to get your hopes up. I mean it's already happening today!

Mazerunner fucked around with this message at 09:50 on Sep 24, 2016

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Lightning Knight posted:

Do artifacts from Strikes scale to my light?

Where the hell do I get Ghost shells?

Am I supposed to just be Omnigul farming? :smith:

I want to be raid ready by next Friday but these assholes released the expansion at a terrible time. I wish it had come out like three months ago.

You have about a 20% chance of a ghost dropping from a faction/vendor level up. And those do scale.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Just got this for my birthday, doesn't take much to become an iron lord does it? And 322 already despite barely touching TTK and never doing the april update.

Having the iron lord remnants all look identical was so loving lazy, that would have been a cool moment but maybe I'm asking to much from the b-team, oh well, time to get my light up and at least do the raid.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Rise of Iron isn't even a week old and the constant blackhole of bitching has started up again on reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/544x0s/bungie_we_can_do_this_the_easy_way_or_the_hard/

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/548sku/destiny_i_thought_we_were_past_this_shit_can_we/

"Me and my friends can't be surprised by the raid because some streamers that treat the game like a job already completed it and apparently we can't keep ourselves from watching footage from it or looking up guides."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

CheeseFactory posted:

a 385, 381, 377, 375, 370 and a 365. But yeah. Ideally you want everyone over 370 as it's a 380 encounter. Under 360 is a death sentence.

That's pretty poopsocky, I play entirely too much and have been playing a ton of RoI and being smart about it and I'm 371

• Locked thread