Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

FetusSlapper posted:

Technically he also upgraded his campaign to better offices, so that will be their counter to that.

And moral did legit improved when they did. They moved from lovely not really offices to real offices.

The plane thing is far far scummier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FetusSlapper
Jan 6, 2005

by exmarx

Trabisnikof posted:

And moral did legit improved when they did. They moved from lovely not really offices to real offices.

The plane thing is far far scummier.

Is that the thing where he's charging the secret service for riding on his plane?

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

FetusSlapper posted:

Is that the thing where he's charging the secret service for riding on his plane?

He's flying home every single night on his plane which is tons and tons and tons in costs.

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

Just another reminder that economic models are useless and bad.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

FetusSlapper posted:

And he owns the plane. So he's gotten $1.3M in tax payer money for Secret Service travel expenses mostly at Trump owned hotels or for the company Trump owns that runs his jet.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
However, in Luckey's statement Friday, he says he's a libertarian who plans to vote for Gary Johnson, not Trump, in this next election.

Everything about this tool is a cliche

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea

Trabisnikof posted:

And he owns the plane. So he's gotten $1.3M in tax payer money for Secret Service travel expenses mostly at Trump owned hotels or for the company Trump owns that runs his jet.

Is this the actual reason he flies back to NYC every night?

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Gort posted:

Could be, but I suspect the reason is just that he's a massive baby in every possible sense. He literally has to sleep in his own bed.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

Lid posted:

However, in Luckey's statement Friday, he says he's a libertarian who plans to vote for Gary Johnson, not Trump, in this next election.

Everything about this tool is a cliche

of course he's also probably lying about that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJLQMbYrAkc&t=110s

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Gort posted:

I understand he sleeps in a hyperbaric chamber fitted with spray-tan nozzles

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Nichael posted:

Could be, but I suspect the reason is just that he's a massive baby in every possible sense. He literally has to sleep in his own bed.

Yeah, he hates staying in hotels, is a notorious germophobe and soft sedentary pampered man.

He's been flying back to NYC to sleep basically every night he can. Let the implications of that sink in-- he's wasting like half his time flying back and forth instead of doing important things like campaign and fundraise and poo poo. He spends half his time on his plane calling into morning news shows, tweeting racist poo poo, and reading news headlines.

He's a very soft, stale cheeto man.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Pellisworth posted:

Yeah, he hates staying in hotels, is a notorious germophobe and soft sedentary pampered man.

He's been flying back to NYC to sleep basically every night he can. Let the implications of that sink in-- he's wasting like half his time flying back and forth instead of doing important things like campaign and fundraise and poo poo. He spends half his time on his plane calling into morning news shows, tweeting racist poo poo, and reading news headlines.

The fact that he's managed to fool about all the bitter white men into believing he's a mighty warrior despite being such a baby is about as astounding as pretty much any of his other claims getting accepted by that group. Talking big is all that matters, I guess.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Geostomp posted:

The fact that he's managed to fool about all the bitter white men into believing he's a mighty warrior despite being such a baby is about as astounding as pretty much any of his other claims getting accepted by that group. Talking big is all that matters, I guess.

Yeah, this never ceases to amaze me. It turns out you don't actually have to be "macho" at all to make people think you're an alpha male bad rear end. You can totally be a pampered and whiny billionaire, with a crippling fear of germs, and get away with being "tough" as long as you talk poo poo about Mexicans. It's baffling and sad, and I don't get why his Republican opponents didn't hit on how big a pussy he is.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Nichael posted:

Yeah, this never ceases to amaze me. It turns out you don't actually have to be "macho" at all to make people think you're an alpha male bad rear end. You can totally be a pampered and whiny billionaire, with a crippling fear of germs, and get away with being "tough" as long as you talk poo poo about Mexicans. It's baffling and sad, and I don't get why his Republican opponents didn't hit on how big a pussy he is.
Because they didn't want to piss off his fans. Great plan, guys

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Nessus posted:

That and they were backstabbing each other through the primary. Combined, it lead to Orange Julius Caesar and his cult hijacking their loyal rubes despite how easily they could have eliminated him doe pure incompetence.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Nessus posted:

But I don't think his fans knew, or still don't know, just how much of a pussy the guy is. It's always seemed like a viable way of attacking that is never used.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

trumpies are inoculated from reality.

edrith
Apr 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/cnnbrk/status/779629648875491329

I saw the shooter called a Hispanic male earlier but CNN's not saying that now

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

Pellisworth posted:

Is this still true? I haven't heard any mention of it for about a month or so, so I wonder if he's actually bowed to the inevitable.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

edrith posted:

So Political Correctness is dictating what CNN is or is not allowed to call a radical Mexican murderer now?

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

awesmoe posted:

Is this still true? I haven't heard any mention of it for about a month or so, so I wonder if he's actually bowed to the inevitable.

Word of advice. If something sounds batshit crazy and it involves Clinton, it's probably false. If something sounds batshit crazy for Trump... you're off the edge of the map here, best start believing in monsters.

On Terra Firma
Feb 12, 2008

Pellisworth posted:

https://youtu.be/XfqyCpDfOk4

It's uncanny.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Thaddius the Large posted:

The poo poo-kicking all the anti-voters-rights laws have been receiving in court over the last year has been utterly delightful.

the question at hand was basically if it was legal for Ohio to purge voters from a roll for 6 years of inactivity instead of 8

this is something that could easily get overturned during an en banc appeal

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK fucked around with this message at 13:33 on Sep 24, 2016

edrith
Apr 10, 2013

FactsAreUseless posted:

So Political Correctness is dictating what CNN is or is not allowed to call a radical Mexican murderer now?

why won't Killary use the words "Radical Mexicaslamic Terrorism"

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

how come cruz doesn't realize he, nor any other republican, is ever going to be president because dubya was right.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 199 days!

A Winner is Jew posted:

Word of advice. If something sounds batshit crazy and it involves Clinton, it's probably false. If something sounds batshit crazy for Trump... you're off the edge of the map here, best start believing in monsters.

Here be monsters: Trump 2016!

(emails! ben ghazi!)

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Pellisworth posted:

Why doesn't he maintain private residences at his hotels or some poo poo? Is he that big an idiot?

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer

lozzle posted:

Just another reminder that economic models are useless and bad.

Praxeology is the only way. :ancap:

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

edrith posted:

My fiancee used to work at this mall. Kind of freaky. America please sort it out I'd prefer this to be the closest we come to personally being affected by gun violence. Thanks.

WeAreTheRomans posted:

I understand he sleeps in a hyperbaric chamber fitted with spray-tan nozzles

Laughed IRL, well done. Also, he gets to bill the Secret Service? I kind of assumed they'd just say "You're not getting our protection if you're going to dick around like that" and go home.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Trump is a huge baby but at the moment, his fat coward habits are enormously profitable because he gets to charge the campaign at a generous profit for everything he does from jet fuel, travel for him and the secret service, and pretty much any self dealing he can pull off by purchasing Trump brand goods and services.

Once the numbers come out on the scope of his grift, it's going to be breathtaking, and he never hid a thing from the GOP. They beg him to raise money for them that he then steals

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

KiteAuraan posted:

Why doesn't he maintain private residences at his hotels or some poo poo?

but that's not his beddy-bye!!

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

OxySnake posted:

My thoughts exactly.

Paid to post?

I could be living the Lowtax dream.

Just wait until AI and robots take over all jobs and we get basic income.

Reddit tells me this will happen in the next 5 year!

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Epic High Five posted:

Trump is a huge baby but at the moment, his fat coward habits are enormously profitable because he gets to charge the campaign at a generous profit for everything he does from jet fuel, travel for him and the secret service, and pretty much any self dealing he can pull off by purchasing Trump brand goods and services.

Once the numbers come out on the scope of his grift, it's going to be breathtaking, and he never hid a thing from the GOP. They beg him to raise money for them that he then steals

“Every great cause begins as a movement, becomes a business, and eventually degenerates into a racket.”

It's pretty clear what stage the GOP is currently in.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

He actually has a proper bedroom on his jet, but I guess camping overnight in there is beneath him

http://www.businessinsider.com/dona...tube-channel-27

Hobnob
Feb 23, 2006

Ursa Adorandum

lozzle posted:

No it's more the female commentators at tournaments sometimes waking up to creepy guys trying to penetrate them.

Read that as "waking up creepy guys by trying to penetrate them" at first and wondered briefly if there was an epidemic of revenge-pegging rape in the SSBM community.

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer
The Republican Party / conservative movement has been a grift machine for decades now, and I don't think they know how to recognize grift when it's right in front of their face. I have absolutely no sympathy for them getting hosed by Trump, they brought this on themselves.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

DaveWoo posted:

“Every great cause begins as a movement, becomes a business, and eventually degenerates into a racket.”

It's pretty clear what stage the GOP is currently in.

The conservative movement started as a direct mail racket, to be exact.

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty
How come Hillary hasn't said the words "radical Catholicism" yet?

Also would that just be liberation theology? We could probably use some more of that here. :ese:

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Xibanya posted:

How come Hillary hasn't said the words "radical Catholicism" yet?

Also would that just be liberation theology? We could probably use some more of that here. :ese:

Liberation Theology owns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZobarStyl
Oct 24, 2005

This isn't a war, it's a moider.

Donkwich posted:

The Republican Party / conservative movement has been a grift machine for decades now, and I don't think they know how to recognize grift when it's right in front of their face. I have absolutely no sympathy for them getting hosed by Trump, they brought this on themselves.
Exactly, the linear regression from Goldwater '64 to today's GOP is straight as an arrow. There was no other path for a party that actively denounced nuance and critical thinking, made sure its followers were self-selected for being incapable of catching on to a con and who reject any non-approved source of information out of hand.

I think it's part of the thinking of a right wing authoritarian that prevents them from giving a gently caress that far in advance. In the same way that modern Republicans pretty much realize climate change is real and terrifying but still don't care because 'that's a problem for my children future generations anyway, besides what about my Exxon stock valuation?' If you could go back to 1964 and sit them down and explain how the party is being set on a course for total destruction, they'd still do the same thing because that's for future Republicans to deal with, besides what about my side business selling seed kits?

• Locked thread