Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

well why not posted:

wanna see that horse rip itself apart and have the parts sin and whir into a metallic nightmare

It did not work so well the last time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

The MSJ posted:

It did not work so well the last time.

That thing looks like the most creepy transformer ever. I love it's weapons

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Darth TNT posted:

That thing looks like the most creepy transformer ever. I love it's weapons

You've never Takashi Murakami's Second Mission Project ko2, have you?

Big hint: it's someone looking at the Macross Valkyrie transformation and wondering how you can do that to a human being.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

They are filming at Alnwick Castle (Hogwarts in the Harry Potter movies) until today.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
Oh, good, they got another dog. No Transformers movie would be complete without some gratuitous leg humping.

Thanks for finding these shots, MSJ. It's nice being reminded that this thing will soon be upon us.

Attack on Princess fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Sep 17, 2016

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Donnerberg posted:

Oh, good, they got another dog. No Transformers movie would be complete without some gratuitous leg humping.

And here is a video all about said dog. Also featuring Sir Anthony and a cameo by a WW1 tank.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O42PM_8rexc

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Safe to say this movie is going to be great.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
GETTAN SO loving HYPE.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

:lol: this is loving amazing

Anger as Churchill's home is turned into Hitler HQ for Transformers 5: War veterans are horrified that Blenheim Palace has been draped in swastika flags for Michael Bay’s latest film

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Good, Churchill was scum.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

This cannot be real.

This film is absolutely bizarre.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Probably just convenient but it's a pretty nasty burn on Winston anyway

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Churchill proudly presided over a genocide nobody gives a gently caress about.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-oxfordshire-37453284

Michael Bay posted:

People have not been fortunate enough to read the script and they don’t know that Churchill in this movie is a big hero. Churchill would be smiling. When you see the movie you’ll understand.

The MSJ fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Sep 23, 2016

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Oh my god I hope they're going for that folk myth about Churchill being Arthur returned to save Britain.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is

mr. stefan posted:

Oh my god I hope they're going for that folk myth about Churchill being Arthur returned to save Britain.

:tviv:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I just loving love how this story doesn't give a gently caress about anything. This movie is going to literally have Camelot, Arthur, Merlin, HITLER, Churchill, and Optimus Prime ripping faces and being a monster.

And it's going to make a billion dollars and I'm going to love every second of it.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

I was curious about this, so I looked it up. :stare:

I knew Churchill was a war-loving shithead but I didn't realize it went as far as "letting entire countries starve to death on purpose."

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

I knew Churchill was a war-loving shithead but I didn't realize it went as far as "letting entire countries starve to death on purpose."

Don't forget gassed Kurds and sold out Eastern Europe to Stalin.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

So, between

Merlin
Excalibur
A WW1 Tank
and Actual Hitler

I feel pretty safe in saying that there's going to be a fair bit of either alt history or time travel in this film.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Churchill proudly presided over a genocide nobody gives a gently caress about.

And talked poo poo about the victims during and after. He was one of the foremost cavalier shits about WW1's attrition rate, too.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

DeimosRising posted:

And talked poo poo about the victims during and after. He was one of the foremost cavalier shits about WW1's attrition rate, too.

I maintain that his reputation is largely due to his qualities as a writer (and he is impressively grandiloquent) and the British tendency to instinctively genuflect to your social betters.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!
:v: what do you mean there was more to winston churchill than all those great quotes, like that funny one about the ugly lady that gets repeated all over.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Anthony Hopkins compared Bay to Spielberg in a Facebook video.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Milky Moor posted:

Anthony Hopkins compared Bay to Spielberg in a Facebook video.

He's not wrong.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Steve Jablonsky returns.
https://twitter.com/jablonsky_steve/status/780806937160126464

Video of the "Baybuster", a stunt vehicle that looks like the cars used by Shaw's gang in Fast 6.
https://www.facebook.com/transformersmovie/videos/1160385380663574/

According to the story they made up, apparently she was Megatron's wife that Shockwave locked away with her 4 bodyguards because they were too dangerous.

You should see the comic that came with this toy. Especially this page:

The MSJ fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Sep 28, 2016

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

The MSJ posted:

Steve Jablonsky returns.
https://twitter.com/jablonsky_steve/status/780806937160126464

Video of the "Baybuster", a stunt vehicle that looks like the cars used by Shaw's gang in Fast 6.
https://www.facebook.com/transformersmovie/videos/1160385380663574/

Well, I guess this'll be another soundtrack I'll buy. I always love Jablonsky's Transformers work.

quote:

According to the story they made up, apparently she was Megatron's wife that Shockwave locked away with her 4 bodyguards because they were too dangerous.

You should see the comic that came with this toy. Especially this page:

:staredog:

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Transformers: What are your favorite robo-castration scenes?

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
You'd think Takara would've learned after Kiss Players

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Churchill's grandson thinks that the whole controversy is stupid.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2016/sep/26/churchill-nicholas-soames-transformers-michael-bay

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Roland Emmerich was so focus on blowing up the Burj Al-Khalifa or The Petronas Towers that he forgot the classics. Michael Bay still remembers though.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3817242/Helicopters-soar-Stonehenge-5000-year-old-site-Transformers-film-set.html

For scale.

Mark Wahlberg was also there...

.. and Sir Anthony too.

The MSJ fucked around with this message at 10:22 on Oct 3, 2016

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

The MSJ posted:

Bumblebee became too badass and leader-y. Quick, we need a new kid-appeal character!

Should've named him Scooter.

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

ruddiger posted:

Should've named him Scooter.

The scariest part about the Go-Bots is they are actually cyborgs.

It's a little terrifying, like Robocop 2 levels of ick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJIjNs_s2NI

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3836738/Transformers-Knight-takes-trip-time-cast-kit-medieval-garb-gruesome-filming-Surrey.html

Also, John Turturro is back.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Wtf is this movie even supposed to be

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

banned from Starbucks posted:

The greatest film of 2017

Sir Potato
May 26, 2012

PO-TAY-TOES
Boil 'em, mash 'em, cook 'em in a stew

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

The greatest film of 2017

To appropriate Vin Diesel: [Hasbro] is going to have the biggest movie in history with this movie, it will probably win best picture at the Oscars, unless the Oscars don’t want to be relevant ever."

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

It looks like it will have a lot of flashbacks about Transformers being involved in history.

Anywho, today I randomly came across awesome concept art for the 1986 film, Transformers: The Movie.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I said come in! posted:

It looks like it will have a lot of flashbacks about Transformers being involved in history.

Anywho, today I randomly came across awesome concept art for the 1986 film, Transformers: The Movie.

Look's like the 'armor plates over exposed pistons and circuits' were already around back then.

Wall Street Journal has an article about Paramount's plans with Transformers. It's behind a paywall, but Seibertron has a summary:

quote:

The writers' room (which we reported on multiple times) has plotted out a lot of mythos for the Transformers universe and beyond, and artists were brought in too. Out of the group work, The Last Knight and the 2018 Bumblebee spin-off were chosen. The preparatory material has been printed, but only distributed to 'insiders'.

Things work in five-year business plans, as confirmed by Hasbro's Brian Goldner.

Paramount are looking for a different director than Bay for the next movie - and that means the 2018 animated Bumblebee on. This does not mean that Bay is definitely out. Let's make that clear!

The elements started in Transformers Age of Extinction and now The Last Knight will spill over into possible GI Joe and MASK stories and plans, so we'll have to wait and see what those elements actually are!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I'm so genuinely loving hyped for a Hasbro cinematic universe. Please let it become a thing.