Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

I love their cute little stubby tank.

Also that dynamite hybrid is smug as all hell and that's great :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
Ordered the standard Codex and cards for now, I have lots of old Hybrids already although they need arms :/

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice
Gonna be spending so much money on this release... after seeing the Brood Brothers pages and the cult upgrade sprue I've already bid on a bunch of IG stuff on ebay. God knows how many of those new trucks I'll end up getting too.

WINNERSH TRIANGLE
Aug 17, 2011

spacegoat posted:

Sweet, finally something Tyranid-esque that's human enough that I can use them other games.

Since retro is the new black, my Foldio 2 turned up:

Might actually motivate me to finish this useless army.

This reminds me, does anyone still have a pic of the Party Tyrant shirt?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Where were those? I didn't see anything about an upgrade sprue. I did see that will be getting web pistols, which is kind of awesome.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Full list of upgrades seems to be:

Neophytes:
Shotguns
Flamers
Webbers
Heavy Stubbers
Mining Lasers
Seismic Cannons
Power Picks/Weapons
Cult Icon

Acolytes:
Hand Flamers
Rock Grinder/Rock Saw/Rock Crusher
Rending Talons
Scything Claws
Demolition Charges
Bonesword & Lashwip
Cult Icon

Goliath Truck (The not limo):
Twin-linked Heavy Stubbers
Pinacle Heavy Stubber
Twin-linked Heavy Flamer
Seisemic Cannon

I'd love to see any pictures of this upgrade spruce, reports are conflicted between extra heads/arms in the Neophyte kit or an entirely separate spruce.

Edit: Found some pages out the Codex/White Dwarf floating around. 'Stealers can open doors now, terrifying.

Edit again:

SteelMentor fucked around with this message at 13:25 on Sep 24, 2016

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Where were those? I didn't see anything about an upgrade sprue. I did see that will be getting web pistols, which is kind of awesome.

Judging from that article there's a picture of the sprue on the previous page, so hopefully a scan of that will surface soon.

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Better tear off this bar association logo.
I wonder if that truck's AV will be low enough to be legal in Kill Team. If so, I might have to make a Team for these fuckers. I've loved cults ever since that Simon Spurrier short story about primacii and changeling-type relationships with beguiled host families and poo poo.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

Sulecrist posted:

I wonder if that truck's AV will be low enough to be legal in Kill Team. If so, I might have to make a Team for these fuckers. I've loved cults ever since that Simon Spurrier short story about primacii and changeling-type relationships with beguiled host families and poo poo.

If not it looks like cults can use Chimeras and possibly Sentinels, which can work for killteam.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

Sulecrist posted:

I dunno man, the Goliath looks pretty well armored. I'm really hoping in this codex' apparent ability to troll Ork players that mining drill on the front does S10 damage on Tank Shocks.

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Better tear off this bar association logo.

xtothez posted:

If not it looks like cults can use Chimeras and possibly Sentinels, which can work for killteam.

Nah, I want that truck! If its AV is too high I'll probably make a Skitarii team instead.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice
Does anyone know if they current Chimera and Leman Russ kits are the same as the ones around in the 2E era?

Second-hand tanks are pretty cheap on ebay, but I'd rather avoid them if there's a big difference in the two versions; like the current Rhino being way beefier than the original version.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

xtothez posted:

Does anyone know if they current Chimera and Leman Russ kits are the same as the ones around in the 2E era?

Second-hand tanks are pretty cheap on ebay, but I'd rather avoid them if there's a big difference in the two versions; like the current Rhino being way beefier than the original version.

Leman Russes are pretty much unchanged from edition to edition, the only differences is in some minor detail like not being able to change the hull mounted weapon on the older versions and the turret ring is different too. Well that and the Demolisher gun is plastic now and not metal.

Pretty sure the differences between the Chimera versions are pretty minimal too for that part. The Rhino and Land Raider are pretty much the only ones that has drastically changed.

Scowny
Jul 11, 2006

Nice guy, that Kharne

xtothez posted:

Same dimensions but both kits have been modernised, and the vehicles are much easier to put together. The Leman Russ has actual options now for its turret and sponsons!

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Buglord
I'm at my Warhammer stores anniversary right now. Does anyone want a copy of the Eldar sketchbook? It's $50. Figured I'd ask just in case.

This offer will probably no longer be available in like 30 minutes.

Proletariat Beowulf
Jan 7, 2007
I wish meat screamed as I ate it.
Howling Griffons are apparently Robin Cruddace's favorite SM chapter.

Howling Griffons appear in some art getting their poo poo wrecked utterly by swarms of Genestealer Hybrids in the pages of the codex. What a wonderful little "gently caress you" to Dr. Math is Just Your Opinion.

I was not this ready for a GW face-turn.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
The art in Codex 'Stealer Cults is pretty top notch.

And then there's this piece.

That's the doofiest Terminator I've ever seen.

Edit:

Proletariat Beowulf posted:

Howling Griffons are apparently Robin Cruddace's favorite SM chapter.

Howling Griffons appear in some art getting their poo poo wrecked utterly by swarms of Genestealer Hybrids in the pages of the codex. What a wonderful little "gently caress you" to Dr. Math is Just Your Opinion.

I was not this ready for a GW face-turn.

SteelMentor fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Sep 24, 2016

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
I don't play 40k anymore and I was never into cults, but I wanna say that this release rocks. The models are all awesome and I especially like the new little technical (except for the plow grinder things). It's so much better looking than the Taurox it's not even funny. I want to make a Imperial Militia army with some of those bits, god drat

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo
Really excited by the cults. My wife forbids me to buy a new army until I finish painting one though.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
GW just uploaded a 15 min video to their Facebook with the Devs discussing the 'Stealer Cult's special rules, lore and tactics. About half-way through now, it's a pretty alright watch so far. https://www.facebook.com/1575682476085719/videos/255988944796091/

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost
More partybugs:

Gonna be selling these guys soon. PM me if in the US and interested.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

GreenMarine posted:

Really excited by the cults. My wife forbids me to buy a new army until I finish painting one though.

Sell all of your other armies and go GSC. It appears like it will be the best looking 40K army, period.

melonfish
Apr 13, 2016

The original Dunning-Kruger test subject.

berzerkmonkey posted:

Sell all of your other armies and go GSC. It appears like it will be the best looking 40K army, period.

Seconded.

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

Holy loving poo poo, I'm gonna buy a gently caress ton of bits on ebay and make a Cult list using 2nd and Rogue Trader Imperial Guardsmen and old rear end cultists.

BuffaloChicken
May 18, 2008

WINNERSH TRIANGLE posted:

This reminds me, does anyone still have a pic of the Party Tyrant shirt?
This is the only one I can find right now.

About to put it on and paint more Genestealer Cultists right now. I'm definitely pumped about this release... hope I can find more drawer/shelf space for minis!!

EDIT: Found the good pic.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003
Neophyte Hybrids: One model can be upgraded to a Neophyte Leader, armed with either a web pistol, autopistol or bolt pistol and a chainsword, power pick or close combat weapon.

Also, it looks like there are 20 heads on the Neophyte sprues, so it looks like you might be able to use them for the GSC IG without having to buy an upgrade pack.

berzerkmonkey fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Sep 24, 2016

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Kilo147 posted:

Holy loving poo poo, I'm gonna buy a gently caress ton of bits on ebay and make a Cult list using 2nd and Rogue Trader Imperial Guardsmen and old rear end cultists.

There's bugger all on eBay at the moment. I was looking for old hybrid arm sprues, or IG arm sprues and there's 1 IG sprue and that's it. I'm hoping the new neophyte arms will fit the old Hybrids in scale.

Nichol
May 18, 2004

Sly Dog

This is not an oath photo.
This is me whinging about having this much work to do. Things could be worse, I guess.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Buglord
Decided to bite the bullet and get the LE codex along with a few more kits. I'm very surprised it's still available online considering the amount of excitement around the release.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

PierreTheMime posted:

Decided to bite the bullet and get the LE codex along with a few more kits. I'm very surprised it's still available online considering the amount of excitement around the release.

The LE codex was a bit disappointing imo. Compared to buying all the regular bits separately you're basically paying double the cost for a shinier copy of rules that 8E will probably invalidate in under a year. They could have at least thrown in some of the dice or something

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Speaking of the dice, they're super nice this time around. The other "premium" ones have been kinda disappointing (Sylvaneth ones are decent but I don't like wooden dice), but I might grab a set of the 'Stealer ones even if I don't do a force, even if they're still sticking symbols on the one.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

If the LE had looked a little better and not cost as much as four rulebooks it would have been an easier buy. The objective markers are cool, but the overall package reminded me of Starcraft 2 CE. That's money I'd rather use on new models...

WINNERSH TRIANGLE
Aug 17, 2011

BuffaloChicken posted:

This is the only one I can find right now.

About to put it on and paint more Genestealer Cultists right now. I'm definitely pumped about this release... hope I can find more drawer/shelf space for minis!!

EDIT: Found the good pic.

Yeah! YEAH!

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Apparently Eternal Crusade is out? I can't seem to find a thread about it. Is it good? Are people talking about it somewhere?

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Ignite Memories posted:

Apparently Eternal Crusade is out? I can't seem to find a thread about it. Is it good? Are people talking about it somewhere?

Like many early access games the developers got to a point where they just decided it was good enough and went on with a full release.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Ignite Memories posted:

From beta players it sounds like an okay-ish team based shooter. Sounds like the release is them just going "gently caress it" and saying the game was release build while still basically a rolling beta that's not really there yet.

I certainly wouldn't give these people my money.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

panascope posted:

Like many early access games the developers got to a point where they just decided it was good enough and went on with a full release.

I imagine the money just ran out and it was publish and try and get more, or scrap the whole thing. So far it seems... Fine... Definitely needs a fair bit of polish. The price tag is totally insane for what it is though.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
I was dumb and actually threw money at it in early access. I had fun punching tanks with a power fist as they went sailing a ridiculous distance and occasionally ran people over when that happened. That was cool. Everything else is just janky as poo poo, but it's got some charm to it even if it plays like a not as good Space Marine.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Lord_Hambrose posted:

I imagine the money just ran out and it was publish and try and get more, or scrap the whole thing. So far it seems... Fine... Definitely needs a fair bit of polish. The price tag is totally insane for what it is though.

It's insane it's still labeled as an MMO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

So it's not an MMO anymore? I don't give a poo poo about space marines but I wanted to ork around with people and be goony

• Locked thread