Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I was actually thinking about DB censorship earlier today.

Not okay for USA: the word "panties"

Okay for USA: an extended sequence in which Roshi shrinks down to watch Bulma go to the bathroom

ah, the 90's

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I'm gonna say it

videl getting a haircut was the right choice

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Manatee Cannon posted:

I'm gonna say it

videl getting a haircut was the right choice

what a hosed up thing to admit on the internet

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

that's like admitting that 2+2=4

it's not hosed up to state the objective truth

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Josuke Higashikata posted:

what a hosed up thing to admit on the internet

A declaration of loving war if I ever heard one.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Bet ya'll think Moustache Vegeta is poo poo too.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Bet ya'll think Moustache Vegeta is poo poo too.

yeah because super provided the objectively superior mustache and beard vegeta

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

They are great things that are not mutally exclusive, actually.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

They are great things that are not mutally exclusive, actually.

i mean it's possible but they haven't existed in the same series

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Speaking of poo poo haircuts, Vegeta's GT haircut. What were they thinking?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Rodyle posted:

As you get older you eventually accept that Saiyaman was never cool.

Agreed.

Gohan's currently a worse version of Krillin, who has a happier life, better wife, fights crime legitimately and isn't so weak that powering up rips his wimpy body to shreds.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Alan_Shore posted:

Chi Chi is a way worse parent than Goku, she's a loving monster!

basically every over the top tiger mom chi chi scene is toei injected filler

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Testekill posted:

Exactly, people shouldn't complain about it when it's exactly the type of joke that Toriyama would make.

I'm mostly impressed that they went to so much trouble, censoring every frame of animation on two ogres shirts for a lovely filler episode. It would have been so much easier to just cut the thing entirly.

Meat Miracle
Oct 24, 2010

Speaking of poo poo haircuts, Vegeta's GT haircut. What were they thinking?

While this is true, a man with a Kira avatar poo poo-talking some other franchises regrettable changes to a characters hairstyle is pretty rich

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Gohan got what he deserved.

agreed, i am also glad Gohan got the happy, peaceful, fulfilling family life he always wished for

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

a cartoon duck posted:

agreed, i am also glad Gohan got the happy, peaceful, fulfilling family life he always wished for

How fulfilling can it be to see disappointment in your father's eyes every time he looks at you?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I'll have you know Satan fears gohan and rightfully so

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Meat Miracle posted:

While this is true, a man with a Kira avatar poo poo-talking some other franchises regrettable changes to a characters hairstyle is pretty rich

All of Kira's hairstyles are fantastic.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Son Gohan just wants a quiet life, and has achieved it. Congratulations, imo

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Seriously though it would be really good if 18 and Videl had some parts where they weren't surgically attached to their children and hell maybe even contributed to a fight against opponents on their respective levels. It's especially galling that 18 is the consummate housewife.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

sassassin posted:

How fulfilling can it be to see disappointment in your father's eyes every time he looks at you?

please stop slandering Goku, just because he doesn't understand his son's lifestyle doesn't mean he doesn't respect and love him

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

sassassin posted:

But Piccolo loving loves Gohan and supports his new lifestyle, even going as far as to learn how to cook for Pan.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
18 loving around with Future Trunks justifies her personality

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I really don't get how Goku became popular. He wins because he's the strongest, and as soon as any reasonable threat appears he gets a bullshit power boost that makes everyone, friend and enemy alike, even more terrified of him than the were before.

Tien's in the middle of actual heroism and Goku shows up, destroys Drum in a single kick, and then he's all smug and untouchable fighting the demon king. What's the appeal? If I didn't love DBZ I would have given up reading this nonsense ages ago.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Bullshit powerups is the core of Dragonball, man

People get very emotional and scream a bunch and then stuff starts EXPLODING WHOA

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Being alive is pretty much a constant stream of embarrassment.
Fun Shoe

Seriously though it would be really good if 18 and Videl had some parts where they weren't surgically attached to their children and hell maybe even contributed to a fight against opponents on their respective levels. It's especially galling that 18 is the consummate housewife.

18 satying home while Krillin and loving Roshi of all people go to fight Freeza is the single most annoying part of Super for me so far. In lieu of Goku and Vegeta, she would have been arguably the second, maybe the third strongest fighter showing up to that battle. Have everyone on Earth not named Gohan and Piccolo swing over to her house and protect Marin with Krillin, she should still be more powerful than all of them combined.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

AndwhatIseeisme posted:

18 satying home while Krillin and loving Roshi of all people go to fight Freeza is the single most annoying part of Super for me so far. In lieu of Goku and Vegeta, she would have been arguably the second, maybe the third strongest fighter showing up to that battle. Have everyone on Earth not named Gohan and Piccolo swing over to her house and protect Marin with Krillin, she should still be more powerful than all of them combined.

Krillin wanted to help his friends.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Are you blaming 18 wanting the quiet life and valuing her defenseless child's life as more important to immediately defend than her dumbass husband who will willingly seek death yet again? I mean, they're all kind of pointless when Goku and Vegeta are there and all she'd be doing is smacking down chumps if loving Roshi can take some of them. Sure, there should have been more scenes of her kicking rear end, but quiet life.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

AndwhatIseeisme posted:

Didn't 18 straight-up say to Krillin she's stronger than him and it's probably better for her to go fight but then just stays home because she's super into her tiny hubby acting macho?

She also never really was into that whole fighting business, whereas Krillin trained to be a martial artist since he was a child. I'm more bothered by Videl quitting martial arts forever to be a housewife and literally nothing else. Like, just give us a shot of her still training even if it's just as a hobby and not to be some earth defender in one of the more slice-of-life episodes and I'll be happy, that's all I ask for.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

sassassin posted:

Lucky for Gohan, Goku doesn't look at him very much

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

AndwhatIseeisme posted:

That whole Frieza arc lacked any tension, because they were just not taking anything seriously. 18 not participating in the fight wasn't as much of a crime as leaving Majin Buu at home :doh: Like seriously? They didn't even need to go get Goku/Vegita. If Buu absorbed Gohan/Gotenks/Piccilo/18 they could have taken Golden Frieza on their own!

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The Yo! Son Goku and Friends! thing, if I recall, has Krillin say to 18 it's better if he fights because 18 would be a better parent or something, which is equally hosed

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

a cartoon duck posted:

Didn't 18 straight-up say to Krillin she's stronger than him and it's probably better for her to go fight but then just stays home because she's super into her tiny hubby acting macho?

She also never really was into that whole fighting business, whereas Krillin trained to be a martial artist since he was a child. I'm more bothered by Videl quitting martial arts forever to be a housewife and literally nothing else. Like, just give us a shot of her still training even if it's just as a hobby and not to be some earth defender in one of the more slice-of-life episodes and I'll be happy, that's all I ask for.

Videl mostly just trained to follow in her father's footsteps. Just like Gohan.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Frankly, if I'm 18, after the poo poo that went down in the cell game I wouldn't exactly be rushing back to fighting a ton either. The whole android thing got really weird, and when it was all said and done some tiny bald dude gave her a new lease on life. She took it.

18 never appeared to me to really enjoy fighting, it always felt more like "get out of my way, I am trying to enjoy myself here." Hell, the only thing that gets her back into the fighting scene is all of Satan's money.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

it would be cool to see Videl training Pan at a later point in Super

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

videl is way more disappointing than 18 will ever be because at least 18 is still a fun and interesting character when she's around. even her filler stuff was good, like when she was helping krillin cheat at card games in the buu saga

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

18 gets a pass because in Revival it's straight up said she's staying with Marin just because the whole Freeza thing isn't supposed to be that serious. It's just Freeza, from their perspective. Krillin can go smack around some out of date villain with his dumbass friends.

Videl really is a crime though.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Kild posted:

Videl mostly just trained to follow in her father's footsteps. Just like Gohan.

That's not why Gohan trained. He initially fought as a gut reaction to his dad being hurt, then trained because his dad was dead and he didn't want the next villains to kill a poo poo load of people or blow up the planet. And because Piccolo was pushing him pretty hard. He trained mostly because he didn't want people getting hurt or dying, not because Goku did therefore he wanted to too.

Which was true up till Cell, and then between the death of Cell and the Great Saiyaman he seemed to lose the goal of training to protect people despite knowing he was the strongest fighter and best line of defence against any new threat, which he had no reason to suspect wouldn't come along at some point - instead picking up Chi Chi's dream that he study, despite not showing any real attachment to it prior to that beyond what she forced him to do.

tsob fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Sep 24, 2016

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

You can pull Saiyacouple antics out for filler at any time, even if the enemies they fight are low level even for her. It's just sad that "she's a mom" is all both of the characters are now. A tragedy. Please fix this at least once, Super.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

You know, I'm surprised Vegeta didn't just immediately punt Goku through a wall upon finding him in the bedroom. (Goku's ki sickness episode)

• Locked thread