Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

SMT4A is out bitches!!!!!!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Benny D posted:

SMT4A is out bitches!!!!!!!!!!

I forgot it was releasing and it was delivered today. It's like a present to myself!

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
https://twitter.com/Titanfallgame/status/779103355637473280

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Preordered Shadow Warrior 2, after watching some videos. It's going to be fully coop. Mmmmm billy uh huh.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

People lose their mind over Attrition

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

drat now I probably wanna buy this

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

waiting til the COD open beta next month to see if i'll switch my preorder to titanfall, but it seems likely

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

infinity ward has had five years since MW3 to work out some truly epic currency and loot box algorithms. pretty stoked to see what the boys cooked up

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

lol did anyone have Paper Mario Color Splash digitally preordered/downloaded on Wii U? something hosed up and the game just unlocked for everybody 2 weeks early

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

goferchan posted:

lol did anyone have Paper Mario Color Splash digitally preordered/downloaded on Wii U? something hosed up and the game just unlocked for everybody 2 weeks early

drat, I'm not at home to get on this goodness.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Evil Eagle posted:

drat, I'm not at home to get on this goodness.

From what I read it might be too late now :( there was a brief window where you could unlock it but now it's back to normal. Everyone who launched it during that window still has it though

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Ah well, I have plenty of games to tide me over until the real release date.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

goferchan posted:

Wtf

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

HolePisser1982 posted:

infinity ward has had five years since MW3 to work out some truly epic currency and loot box algorithms. pretty stoked to see what the boys cooked up

I've only been recently playig COD games but my interest dropped like a rock between the single player reveal and the multiplayer reveal

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

In Training posted:

I've only been recently playig COD games but my interest dropped like a rock between the single player reveal and the multiplayer reveal

have you ever played COD4, the one included with the fancy edition of IW?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah I played MW and then fell off till AW. I would pay like 20 to 30 bucks for a standalone MW rerelease but I'm not preordering IW just for COD4

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Especially because you could just play COD4 since it has user servers

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

So what happened I thought IW was gonna be epic

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The multiplayer doesn't have any of the space stuff and you have to craft guns.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator is on deep discount this weekend and it's the best fighting game of the year. It's around 25 bucks now I believe for those curious

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

In Training posted:

lol

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

In Training posted:

Time out....no space combat

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
South Park: The Fractured But Whole is out in December and I'm looking forward to it. Stick of Truth was pretty fun.

Also is anyone buying Civ 6 on launch or is it another one of those "let's wait a year for Firaxis to fix the bugs" kind of deals like it was with Civ 5 and Beyond Earth?

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Unfunny Poster posted:

South Park: The Fractured But Whole is out in December and I'm looking forward to it. Stick of Truth was pretty fun.

Also is anyone buying Civ 6 on launch or is it another one of those "let's wait a year for Firaxis to fix the bugs" kind of deals like it was with Civ 5 and Beyond Earth?

The first South Park RPG was really, really good. I liked Canada a lot. Civ 6 is a wait and see for me because of how bad beyond earth was

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

South Park got delayed to spring

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
That's probably for the best since this fall is already filled to the brim with Win

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That's a bummer but not surprising.

Edit - Oh and Tyranny is coming out this year(tm) so I guess there's also that to look forward to.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Sep 24, 2016

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

I'm kind of excited for Civ VI but I'm still going to wait until reviews and stuff come out.

Tyranny is a day-one purchase, though, it looks really cool. I liked Pillars a lot and Tyranny has faster-paced combat (or at least faster-looking which I guess is good enough), a cool art style, and isn't set in a painfully generic fantasy world, so it looks like it fixed all my issues with Pillars.

Plus I'm a sucker for any game where you're just straight-up explicitly evil.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I don't have an xbox one or a gaming PC and i'm not gonna get one but Forza Horizon 3 looks so fun .... I miss Burnout Paradise real bad and almost wanna hook up the 360 to play it this weekend

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Black Baby Goku posted:

The first South Park RPG was really, really good. I liked Canada a lot. Civ 6 is a wait and see for me because of how bad beyond earth was

Civ 6 at least is the Brave New World people/main designer instead of the beyond earth team, I think.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tyranny is definitely a day one purchase for me too. As is Divinity Original Sin 2, though I may wait to see if they have full voice acting like they did in DOSEE because that was pretty good stuff.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Unfunny Poster posted:

Tyranny is definitely a day one purchase for me too. As is Divinity Original Sin 2, though I may wait to see if they have full voice acting like they did in DOSEE because that was pretty good stuff.

oh yeah I forgot about that game and I can't believe they're upping it to 4 player co-op. Apparently they've added in quests now where players will have opposing, hidden agendas, too -- like you might both take a quest to act as some guy's bodyguard, for example, but one of the players unbeknownst to the others is actually working undercover for somebody else and supposed to secretly assassinate the dude.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

goferchan posted:

oh yeah I forgot about that game and I can't believe they're upping it to 4 player co-op. Apparently they've added in quests now where players will have opposing, hidden agendas, too -- like you might both take a quest to act as some guy's bodyguard, for example, but one of the players unbeknownst to the others is actually working undercover for somebody else and supposed to secretly assassinate the dude.

They also added in other crazy stuff like a Dungeon Master mode where someone can change things on the fly while the other people are doing the dungeon (think Zeus from Arma 3 or Dungeonland). It's gonna be dope but I don't think doing a 4 person co-op would be good because people tend to flake out and if I remember correctly the multiplayer for DOS1 wasn't that stable.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Unfunny Poster posted:

As is Divinity Original Sin 2, though I may wait to see if they have full voice acting like they did in DOSEE because that was pretty good stuff.

Larian's confirmed it won't. The script is just much, much larger than the first game with a lot of variance based on your character and stats.

As for OS2's quest system: it's pretty loving cool. Basically every character has their own subplot throughout the game (for instance, Sebille is a former slave who has a list of names tattooed on her body that she wants vengeance on) and its these subplots that can cause the party to work cross purposes at points on top of usual character motivation/morals stuff. Using Sebille again, an early quest had me trying to hunt down a bounty for an influential prisoner to get in his good graces, but when I actually found the guy turned out he was on the list so it made more sense for my character to kill them.

It's a really cool system. I'm just wondering how it'll handle player death in co-op since it seems like that could come up often. Only a few hours in I'd killed another potential party member for roleplay reasons. Those conflicts seem like they'll be pretty common.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mokinokaro posted:

Larian's confirmed it won't. The script is just much, much larger than the first game with a lot of variance based on your character and stats.

As for OS2's quest system: it's pretty loving cool. Basically every character has their own subplot throughout the game (for instance, Sebille is a former slave who has a list of names tattooed on her body that she wants vengeance on) and its these subplots that can cause the party to work cross purposes at points on top of usual character motivation/morals stuff. Using Sebille again, an early quest had me trying to hunt down a bounty for an influential prisoner to get in his good graces, but when I actually found the guy turned out he was on the list so it made more sense for my character to kill them.

It's a really cool system. I'm just wondering how it'll handle player death in co-op since it seems like that could come up often. Only a few hours in I'd killed another potential party member for roleplay reasons. Those conflicts seem like they'll be pretty common.

That's unfortunate, the voice acting in EE was great.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Im hopeful that Mafia 3 won't be total poo poo

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Whoa Azure Striker Gunvolt 2 comes out Friday.... the first game had some flaws but when it clicked for me that it was primarily a score attack game and not the Megaman-like that it comes off as I had a lot of fun with it. The sequel has the potential to be really dope and I hope they don't gently caress it up!!

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

julian assflange posted:

Im hopeful that Mafia 3 won't be total poo poo

I remember my roommate in boarding school playing Mafia 1 and I'd watch it every once in a while. I never touched Mafia 2. Is it better or worth picking up on the cheap?

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

WeaponGradeSadness posted:

I'm kind of excited for Civ VI but I'm still going to wait until reviews and stuff come out.

Tyranny is a day-one purchase, though, it looks really cool. I liked Pillars a lot and Tyranny has faster-paced combat (or at least faster-looking which I guess is good enough), a cool art style, and isn't set in a painfully generic fantasy world, so it looks like it fixed all my issues with Pillars.

Plus I'm a sucker for any game where you're just straight-up explicitly evil.

poo poo is tyranny this year? im loving pumped for that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Unfunny Poster posted:

I remember my roommate in boarding school playing Mafia 1 and I'd watch it every once in a while. I never touched Mafia 2. Is it better or worth picking up on the cheap?

Mafia 2 is decent outside of a bunch of it having been cut for DLC (mainly the open world activities. The story DLC is take it or leave it as the plot isn't hurt by its absence.)

• Locked thread