Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
mmm, i sure love my wallet that i'm not allowed to take with me on an airplane

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

because people looked at this and went "yup seems like something I need in my life"

Mr SuperAwesome
Apr 6, 2011

im from the bad post police, and i'm afraid i have bad news
yes let me just pull out my wallet to cut this branch

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

I guess it's for people with the strength to break a tiny branch :lol:

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

meanwhile for half the (retail) price and available immediately:

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
but thays on everyone's EDC photo, i need an artisanally produced item to put as part of my arrangement to take a photo of with my $4000 in photography equipment that only gets used for this purpose to post to the internet

qntm
Jun 17, 2009
am I seeing those images correctly, does that thing have knives all over its exterior where you hold it

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
ring hole

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

components of EDC wallet: a sweet chassis, a rock-solid backplate, a rubber band, some fuckin' screws. Aircraft grade aluminum, safety: always off.

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
Why is it always "aircraft grade" aluminum

There are a lot of metals out there

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zn0FbyRa5vE

Sit on my Jace
Sep 9, 2016

i once watched a friend try to cut a pineapple with one of those wallet multitools

the pineapple won

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
i sent a pic of that to my bag guy (my guy who makes bags/leather goods in china) and he said he could make 1500 of them for about $8/ea, including the metal bits.

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
so i could beat them to market and make money at a $20 price point lol

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

lancemantis posted:

Why is it always "aircraft grade" aluminum

There are a lot of metals out there

:ssh: nearly every grade of aluminum is used in aircraft somewhere for some purpose

it's kinda meaningless anyway since there's no reason that metal that's good for an airplane would also be good for a wallet

Sagebrush fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Sep 24, 2016

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice

why do the words "to shape our bodies" give me the willies

sounds like something a serial killer says when showing off his human taxidermy collection

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

What gets me more is that it sounds like some kind of Australian racial slur. fuckin dango, mate

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Crazy Achmed posted:

What gets me more is that it sounds like some kind of Australian racial slur. fuckin dango, mate

fuckin dango nicked my baby

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

:ssh: nearly every grade of aluminum is used in aircraft somewhere for some purpose

it's kinda meaningless anyway since there's no reason that metal that's good for an airplane would also be good for a wallet

the reason is that "aircraft grade" sounds good and "space age" is cliche

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

exploding mummy posted:

fuckin dango nicked my baby

lol

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Endless Mike posted:

the reason is that "aircraft grade" sounds good and "space age" is 50 years old

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
the atomic age

the space age

these are things that have come and passed

we now live in an age where people have pocket computers and 90% of their purpose is to fill the same space as television

let that sink in

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

well tbh the atomic age and the space age were both non-starters

where's my god damned nuclear powered car and personal rocket pack for commuting to the moon

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
tbh im kind of jealous of white male people that got to grow up in that era

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

lancemantis posted:

tbh im kind of jealous of white male people that got to grow up in that era

why? this is the best time to be alive

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Anil Dasharez0ne posted:

i once watched a friend try to cut a pineapple with one of those wallet multitools

the pineapple won

I had no idea these were a market with demand because there's a bajillion wallet tools when I looked.

Sair
May 11, 2007

sometimes you just need an axe RIGHT NOW

assuming you have some zip ties and a handle

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

lancemantis posted:

we now live in an age where people have pocket computers and 90% of their purpose is to fill the same space as television

let that sink in
pre-tv folks used to burn bags of cats for fun, but yeah without NBC sitcoms holding us back we'd all be studious academics pushing the state of the art

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

lol you don't keep a grip of zipties in your edc kit and bugout bags? how do you even leave the house lmao

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

SynthOrange posted:

I had no idea these were a market with demand because there's a bajillion wallet tools when I looked.

looks like you have to also carve a couple notches into that artisan broom handle so your axe blade doesn't slip around, whang off the side of the thing you're cutting and embed chips of itself into your eyeballs. Does this come with some sort of broom handle notching tool that also fits in my wallet, or itself converts into a wallet???

FormatAmerica
Jun 3, 2005
Grimey Drawer

SynthOrange posted:

it looks like you have to have two different size zip-ties to craft your wallet-axe to fend off other entrepreneurs in the technoapocalypse

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

qntm posted:

am I seeing those images correctly, does that thing have knives all over its exterior where you hold it

It slips inside the main carry case.

It slips out along with all your cards.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

SynthOrange posted:

lmao one swing and that blade is sideways

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
let's be real here, we all know what the better thing with a grip handle to buy is.

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
also "aircraft grade aluminum" is the same as "space age material" and "surgical steel" in that they mean absolutely nothing.

mil spec, on the other hand, just means lowest bid contract quality.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Wild EEPROM posted:

also "aircraft grade aluminum" is the same as "space age material" and "surgical steel" in that they mean absolutely nothing.

mil spec, on the other hand, just means lowest bid contract quality.

lol if you don't think there's mil standards or specifications for everything

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Sham bam bamina! posted:

lmao one swing and that blade is sideways

I was watching a few videos of the thing and it just kept breaking the handle laffo

Then I went to watch primitive technology craft an axe out of a rock and a tree. :3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BN-34JfUrHY

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

SynthOrange posted:

I was watching a few videos of the thing and it just kept breaking the handle laffo

Then I went to watch primitive technology craft an axe out of a rock and a tree. :3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BN-34JfUrHY

i love this channel, i feel like it taps into some deep part of my brain and soothes it like a cat's kneading response or something

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Trig Discipline posted:

i love this channel, i feel like it taps into some deep part of my brain and soothes it like a cat's kneading response or something

yeah this rules but they both involve parasites v0v

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

SynthOrange posted:

What do you cut the zip ties with?

• Locked thread