Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ufarn
May 30, 2009
Do any of the new PS4s have a gd IR port?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

God drat it why are SMT: DDS 1 and 2 PS3 only :argh: I just want to give you money for Atlus games, Sony! Especially at this price!

e: Anything really worth picking up during the sale?

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

NESguerilla posted:

Just a heads up This War of Mine is really cheap right now in the Flash Sale and more of you guys should play it because it is good and seems like it really got passed over by the console crowd.
I am getting a really poor grasp of what you do in this game from the videos and screenshots, is it all survival RPG or what?

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

CrashCat posted:

I am getting a really poor grasp of what you do in this game from the videos and screenshots, is it all survival RPG or what?

It's survival RPG and it's pretty dark and depressing. You have to board up your place and make beds, basically have your guys on a work/rest cycle. You can make moonshine and trade it for cigarattes and food and stuff like that. Then you interact with other people around the town and it can get kinda crazy. Combat is absolutely a last resort because dying is fast and easy a lot of the time.

I think you're supposed to survive for 40 days. You can do various scenarios with different characters and also do custom games and stuff.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
The most extreme version of a game being released broken without a patch is still Tony Hawk 5, which doesn't even have the game on the disc, just the tutorial level. The reason they did that was because the game was published the last day Activision had the TH license and they knew they wouldn't have time to finish the game and send it to printing, so they sent it to printing with an early build and used the publishing time to get the game in an (arguably) working state, patching in the whole game on release day. This means the game isn't playable if you aren't connected the first time you play it and way down the line the disc will be even more useless than a game with TH5 on it. The best part of course is that they can't even release a corrected disc, because they don't have the rights to make Tony Hawk games anymore.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

That is so cynical it's hilarious

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

I can't wait until the new Tony Hawk license holder brings around a great Renaissance to... oh.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Give me Skate 4 or give me death.

o.m. 94
Nov 23, 2009

I really don't understand why they can't just make a new Skate game. Do the computer game people just not like money any more

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

o.m. 94 posted:

I really don't understand why they can't just make a new Skate game. Do the computer game people just not like money any more

Actually I think EA preferring sure thing money is why they haven't made a new Skate game. Hell, we're lucky we got three if them because I don't think that series sold even close to the types of numbers EA looks for.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

axleblaze posted:

Actually I think EA preferring sure thing money is why they haven't made a new Skate game. Hell, we're lucky we got three if them because I don't think that series sold even close to the types of numbers EA looks for.

Used skate discs are very desireable they could make a remaster or .5 japanese style sequel fir nothing and make money

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

It's survival RPG and it's pretty dark and depressing. You have to board up your place and make beds, basically have your guys on a work/rest cycle. You can make moonshine and trade it for cigarattes and food and stuff like that. Then you interact with other people around the town and it can get kinda crazy. Combat is absolutely a last resort because dying is fast and easy a lot of the time.

I think you're supposed to survive for 40 days. You can do various scenarios with different characters and also do custom games and stuff.

A light hearted survival RPG based on siege of Sarajevo. It's a great game but yeah it's pretty grim

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

Policenaut posted:

Give me Skate 4 or give me death.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ivu3qW7lr5o the people have spoken

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

ufarn posted:

Do any of the new PS4s have a gd IR port?
All of the PS4's from 1998 and on have IR ports, and you can print from your ROKR.

No though, no

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

CrashCat posted:

Yeah basically. It's a survival game with some "roguelike" elements for lack of a better term. You are tasked with keeping a small group of people fed/rested/happy during the day through base building and trading etc. At night you have to go out and scavenge, which involves choosing from a handful of locations that have varying degrees of danger and supplies. These parts play like a really slow paced 2d stealth action game. Levels are set but the events and supplies change by playthrough. The length of time you have to survive also changes depending on playthrough and characters have perma death.

It's a pretty interesting game. The people you run into out in the wild can have pretty unpredictable reactions to you invading their space and don't feel as bound by the rules as most games. For example, on my first playthrough I broke into a house with the tough melee guy. The owner of the house lunged at me so I started punching him and he died almost instantly. Instead of attacking me his wife slumped over his body, starting crying about me murdering her husband and told me to take whatever I want and please leave her alone. This sent my guy into a spiraling depression and he eventually ended up robbing us blind and the rest of my characters starved and I lost the game. It's very bleak. Playing it safe and non violent is usually the easiest route.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

NESguerilla posted:

Just a heads up This War of Mine is really cheap right now in the Flash Sale and more of you guys should play it because it is good and seems like it really got passed over by the console crowd.

i have this on pc but haven't had time to check it out (i dont game as much on my pc because its too hard to wind down since i spend all loving day working on one) how does the console port hold up? i dont mind buying twice, i am probably gonna buy darkest dungeon again next week too

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

I won't lose any story bits by doing Infinite next and 2 last right? Never played those two. I don't want to get burned out on Rapture.

You can go straight to Infinite without playing 2.

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...
2 is the best one though.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

2 was an ok me-too follow up to the original but it's not amazing

I hear the dlc is good but never played it

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

rabidsquid posted:

i have this on pc but haven't had time to check it out (i dont game as much on my pc because its too hard to wind down since i spend all loving day working on one) how does the console port hold up? i dont mind buying twice, i am probably gonna buy darkest dungeon again next week too

It's good. I didn't have many problems outside of a few mildly unintuitive parts with controlling the characters (I believe they are point and click on PC while they control like a platformer on console). None of the problems were enough to detract from the game much though. I remember occasionally running up stairs when I didn't want to or having trouble catching a prompt.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Haha the bad guy in Watch Dogs 2 is a manbun-wearing new age type named Douchon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5oITnkxBBg

Also do people actually like Raymond? I'm surprised he's back.

This game looks really awful.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Has there been anything new about Dragon's Dogma Online coming to America?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I think my current trend in gaming that I loving hate is clicking through 5 screens of bullshit and medals and progression between multiplayer matches. It seems like everyt game does this now. It grates my nerves so much.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

that would be there either way because there needs to be downtime between matches so that people can leave and other people can replace them. you can just ignore your medals or whatever else it is you're upset about but that time between matches isn't gonna disappear if they remove that stuff. you'd just be looking at the scoreboard or something for a minute instead

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

I said come in! posted:

This game looks really awful.

But it's going to have a mission featuring former presidential candidate Ted Cruz how bad can it be

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

You can't just call another game bad then ask about DDO, man. You need to space that out or you'll get whiplash.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Also DDO is kind of bad.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Manatee Cannon posted:

that would be there either way because there needs to be downtime between matches so that people can leave and other people can replace them. you can just ignore your medals or whatever else it is you're upset about but that time between matches isn't gonna disappear if they remove that stuff. you'd just be looking at the scoreboard or something for a minute instead

Yeah but some games take too long with it and cut into the time I want to use to gently caress around with my loadouts or look at the board.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

if they cut everything out you wouldn't be able to gently caress with your loadouts anyway. hell, you already can't in a lot of games

this is just such a non issue that I can't believe you'd get mad over it

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

But you can in some games? And the stats stuff cuts into it. What's your point?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

that it's not a problem, it barely affects anyone because you're inbetween games for maybe 2 minutes, it's the only place to put that poo poo without it doing anything to the flow of the game, and there's nothing to get upset about with this

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I gave a perfectly valid reason as to why I find it annoying, but I guess that doesn't matter because some games, not the ones I'm playing don't let you screw around with your loadouts between rounds.

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

axleblaze posted:

From what I understand, the main reason is because Skate's developer was BlackBox, which doesn't exist anymore. Skate 3 had a fairly recent resurgence in popularity due to Let's Plays on YouTube and has a greatest hits release.

Hell, I dug out my old PS3 and traded in my PS4 copy of THPS5 to get Skate 3 again just because I wanted to play a good skateboarding game. I knew TH5 would be bad, but Target had it for $20 so I took a chance. I chose poorly.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

NESguerilla posted:

I gave a perfectly valid reason as to why I find it annoying, but I guess that doesn't matter because some games, not the ones I'm playing don't let you screw around with your loadouts between rounds.

no, it doesn't matter because a few seconds of medals isn't a problem

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I'll make sure to remember your opinion is the only one that matters next time sorry.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

how do these few seconds of not being able to look at your loadout actually affect you. you can do it in the match before it starts in every game ever made

for real, how is this a big deal for you in any game at all

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I'm taking about actually changing the items in a loadouts. I.e. I started playing tlou again and having to click through all the survivor crap etc is just enough time that I can't swap a weapon out I want to half the time. I'd rather just not have to look at it all unless I want to.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!
They should make a button skip all that and go straight to load outs then. Like hit triangle and go to match screen/load outs.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Back in the hot minute I played Battlefront, they forced you to watch your experience bar fill up between matches. You couldn't push a button to skip or even speed up the filling animation. This actually actively cut into time I would have spent on my loadout, and the next match would often have already started by the time I was done with that screen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

NESguerilla posted:

Yeah but some games take too long with it and cut into the time I want to use to gently caress around with my loadouts or look at the board.

There's a button you can press to 'Skip All' in UC4.

• Locked thread