Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

If men had uteruses they'd be called duderuses.
I quit following the wife of a childhood friend because I was sick of her posts about the diet-fad/pyramid scheme Plexus Slim. So I went back to her page to see how much she was posting about Plexus now and if she had mercifully stopped. She hasn't. In fact, it's now all she posts about. Every single post is about Plexus. Before it was bad, now it's extreme.

Here we go about the toxins. Again.

She's now inflicting this obsession onto strangers.

She and her husband were tagged in a photo. They're still both overweight. To be fair, she has managed to lose at least one chin. So go Plexus! Why not try some? What is the worst that can happen? If you're not satisfied, you get your money back!

I once asked the childhood friend if this was a pyramid scheme. Of course he said that it wasn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
I know 'Plexus' as a really loving strong industrial adhesive. Coincidence? I think not.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I've seen better elementary school science fair setups than that "Vendor Booth"

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

If men had uteruses they'd be called duderuses.

Ularg posted:

I've seen better elementary school science fair setups than that "Vendor Booth"

I blocked out the name but it was set up at an actual elementary school. I'm not sure what the occasion was.

SpliffClavin
Jul 31, 2007

oh geez rick
I just started off my morning with a picture of a severely burned baby because my cousin had to post "Amen" on it.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
AMen

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

bean_shadow posted:

pyramid scheme

When people use the expression 'toxins' I usually stop listening, unless they're a chemist or in the natural sciences. It's become, ultimately, a tool to sell poo poo to people who are worried that their bodies are tainted by some unknown force, which, in the middle ages, we would have chalked up to demons or malevolent spirits.

SpliffClavin posted:

I just started off my morning with a picture of a severely burned baby because my cousin had to post "Amen" on it.

:stare:

Also, thanks for not including a screencap.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Don't stop now, the Lord is 15 likes and 2 shares away from giving away a free skin graft.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck

TotalLossBrain posted:

I know 'Plexus' as a really loving strong industrial adhesive. Coincidence? I think not.

Sticks to all them toxins.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

SpliffClavin posted:

How many Amens does it need before it's healed?

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

I googled "amen healing ratio" because I'm currently crashing both R and Python, and found out that Dr. Amen is SPECT imaging doctor.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

WrenP-Complete posted:

I googled "amen healing ratio" because I'm currently crashing both R and Python, and found out that Dr. Amen is SPECT imaging doctor.

PYF lines taken out of context from RPG walkthroughs

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Hmmmmmm so what you are saying is that President Obama was Grooming Mitt Romney to become president?

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

Hollismason posted:

Hmmmmmm so what you are saying is that President Obama was Grooming Mitt Romney to become president?

Idiots on Social Media: Effecient managers of hummanity

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
There's just so much going on in that. Also, that's not a joke post that is 100% real.

Okay this is what I discern according to them : President Obama was grooming Mitt Romney to be his replacement when he left office because Mitt Romney would support the Transpacific Partnership, then because of this our wages would become lower. We would then export our entire production capabilities to China, Afterwards because of the North America Coalition? ( never hear of this) we would be incapable of something something, China would rule the US.

Hollismason has a new favorite as of 20:32 on Sep 24, 2016

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

Pete Evans, minor celebrity chef posted:

Please TAG & SHARE....
JOURNALISTS OF AUSTRALIA - IS THIS A STORY WORTH REPORTING? - Be careful though as it is the TRUTH!
Yes the (DAA) Dietitans Association of Australia, come out swinging saying that if you eat "The Paleo Way" it is dangerous..bahahaha (all of those delicious abundant vegetables, small to moderate amounts of well sourced seafood/meat, and healthy dietary fats and fermented veg and broths!)
However, they have absolutely no issue whatsoever to partner with NESTLE and educate our CHILDREN in shopping centres that MILO and MAGGI SAUCES are healthy choices and we should be using margarine and eating 6 serves of nutrient devoid and gut disrupting grains per day!
Surely someone high up the ranks would have thought "hmmmm, maybe this isn't the wisest choice for us as an organisation to be partnering with....but tell me again, how much are they paying us for this alignment?"
My question is, do the public take this organisation seriously anymore or are they becoming the laughing stock of the health industry? Oops i meant "wellness" industry as we need to choose WELLNESS! Is this a major conflict of interest?
Have a read of Grace's post below, it is shocking...
Grace Miano - Goodness Gracious Health
https://www.facebook.com/GoodnessGraciousHealth/
This information was share shared with me by a fellow Nutritional Medicine Practitioner:
"Many of you may have noticed a recent advertising campaign by Nestle using the slogan: 'Nestle: Choose Wellness. Good Food, Good Life.' You also may have noted that they are
using green and white as the main colours of this marketing campaign to give people the feeling that their products are 'healthy' and 'clean'.
This campaign has saturated most commercial TV and Foxtel channels. It could be a desperate bid to gain customers back, as many consumers are educating themselves and realising just how unhealthy these products are. whatever the reason, they are spending vast amounts of money to achieve it; as their campaign hasn't stopped at television: https://www.facebook.com/NestleAuNZ/
https://www.nestlechoosewellness.com.au/
https://www.milo.com.au/milo-champions
Yesterday at the Garden City Westfield Shopping Center Nestle held an event. They had hired dietitians to talk to the public about 'health' under their slogan and brand. They had ample marketing aimed at children with a rock climbing wall in the center, give aways of milo popper drinks loaded with 17.9g of sugar in one tiny serve of 200ml (calling it a health drink) and a cooking show for kids using Maggi flavouring sachets (containing sugar and vegetable oils). The dietitians there gave away bags of nestle marketing and plastic plates with eating guidelines on them for kids; some pamphlets with nestle products state 'brought to you by the Australian Healthy Food Guide.' a magazine co-created with dietitians.
This pamphlet is an infographic that came in bags being handed out to parents and children which promotes the idea that milo makes every glass of milk healthier! http://www.nestle.com.au/%85/milo%20infographic%20lifting%20l%85
They have carefully manipulated information to make milo appear healthier than it is. Especially look at their section on Milo's sugar content.
More of the 'Nestle Choose Wellness' events will be happening around Australia."
I am so disappointed in the health professionals that chose to be a part of this. I urge you to be very critical of anything you see presented to you as healthy or unhealthy, even by me. Educate yourself so that you can cut through the marketing BS. Question everything.

Like, I don't really disagree with him but maybe a dietitian might be a tad more qualified than a chef. There's an amazing amount of people saying "omg I'm a nutritionist and this is sooooooo right" in the comments as well.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Hollismason posted:

Okay this is what I discern according to them : President Obama was grooming Mitt Romney to be his replacement when he left office because Mitt Romney would support the Transpacific Partnership, then because of this our wages would become lower. We would then export our entire production capabilities to China, Afterwards because of the North America Coalition? ( never hear of this) we would be incapable of something something, China would rule the US.

Please source your quote accurately to the opening title cards of Red Dawn 2.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Godammit really? Again with this poo poo, Imgur?

Lyrically Brilliant Raps That Beat the Stereotypes of the Genre

And, if you can't guess, it's this poo poo again

I haven't been around Imgur since I noticed them getting freakishly racist- yet still less so that Funnyjunk- so I just use it to rehost images and move on. I forget, was imgur the one obssessed with Bohemian Rhapsody or was that Tumblr?

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

RareAcumen posted:

I haven't been around Imgur since I noticed them getting freakishly racist- yet still less so that Funnyjunk- so I just use it to rehost images and move on. I forget, was imgur the one obssessed with Bohemian Rhapsody or was that Tumblr?

I believe that was the internet

Xen Tricks
Nov 4, 2010
Immortal Technique suuuuucks and has always been bad. Guy is batshit crazy. For whatever reason White Nerds know/like two rappers, him and Aesop Rock

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

I like

Big

Butts and I cannot lie

(Like and share if you agree)

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Some times you want Common or Killer Mike or whoever to lyrically raise your consciousness about the prison industrial complex or w/e, and some times you want a club bumper. Live and let live. Namaste.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
9gag is pretty obsessed with Bohemian Rhapsody as well. Apparently it's the most mindblowing piece of music ever and nothing will ever compare like ever.

(It's a great song. But I can't really say it's the among my favorites).

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I always liked the flip of that image, where the lyrics for I Want To Ride My Bicycle were put alongside something more modern and complex.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

EL BROMANCE posted:

I always liked the flip of that image, where the lyrics for I Want To Ride My Bicycle were put alongside something more modern and complex.

Xen Tricks
Nov 4, 2010

Otisburg posted:

Some times you want Common or Killer Mike or whoever to lyrically raise your consciousness about the prison industrial complex or w/e, and some times you want a club bumper. Live and let live. Namaste.

Well here's the thing though, Killer Mike and Common are fantastic rappers, and Immortal Technique is roughly equivalent to an embarrassing first year philosophy student. I can gently caress with conscientious hip-hop, but at least pick a good rapper

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Xen Tricks posted:

Well here's the thing though, Killer Mike and Common are fantastic rappers, and Immortal Technique is roughly equivalent to an embarrassing first year philosophy student. I can gently caress with conscientious hip-hop, but at least pick a good rapper

Honestly, having seen the content on imgur, do you expect these people to have tastes that go beyond "embarrassing first year philosophy student"?

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Fathis Munk posted:

Oh imgur.

Title : Just gained a lot of respect for this dude.

RareAcumen posted:

Gotta be frank, I actually thought the turn wouldn't have come this quickly.

Xen Tricks
Nov 4, 2010

Puppy Time posted:

Honestly, having seen the content on imgur, do you expect these people to have tastes that go beyond "embarrassing first year philosophy student"?

No, I suppose not...

"Prisons are lovely and we go to war too much! Police target black people disproportionately!"

Technique-kun so deep~~~

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Pastry of the Year posted:

I like

Big

Butts and I cannot lie

AMEEN

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Pastry of the Year posted:

I like

Big

Butts and I cannot lie

I'm really more of a breast man, sorry

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Who What Now posted:

I'm really more of a breast man, sorry

So you're more a fan of Sir Mix-a-Lot's followup sequel, Put Em On The Glass?

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

Vladimir Poutine
Aug 13, 2012
:madmax:

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I'll sympathize with anyone who killed a dog to avoid rabies. That poo poo is a living nightmare.

Vladimir Poutine
Aug 13, 2012
:madmax:
Yeah, they're not necessarily an idiot on social media, I just felt the need to repost that somewhere.

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009

Nice :golfclap:

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Alaois posted:

So you're more a fan of Sir Mix-a-Lot's followup sequel, Put Em On The Glass?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bast Relief
Feb 21, 2006

by exmarx

Today my wacko contrail uncle shared an article about how a shaved orangutan was rescued from a brothel somewhere in the world.