Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Flesh Forge posted:

Tom Hiddleston has that going on but yeah he's one guy.

That's fair, I blanked on him, though I guess I was aiming more for the hero side of the ball.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Flesh Forge posted:

Oh Jesus Christ, how happy I am to be wrong. Why the gently caress did I think he had died? :confused:

Here's him with a cute dog on the set of Transformers 5
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O42PM_8rexc

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
Cool, this improved my opinion of Michael Bay very much, if not of his films.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Soylentbits posted:

Vision is just good Ultron and Ultron kills the Avengers all the time. Why aren't any of the Runaways around?
One is. Vision is trying to kill him. That's kind-of the whole reason for the scuffle.

Gaz-L posted:

I feel like Thor should be able to least do something with her lightning. Like, I don't care how little density Vision has, he's still made of molecules that can be zapped.
That's what I'm saying. Monica and Thor should be able to slow Vision down long enough for Doctor Strange to do something. Vision may be deceptively strong and "slippery" but he's not too fast for the bruisers to keep up with him.

SonicRulez posted:

Whoever made the call to turn the rubble into sfx deserves a raise and a drink on the house.
Comic Artists--especially at Marvel--have been doing that for at least 15 years. If anything it's a wonder you don't see it way more.
:goonsay:

Flesh Forge posted:

Michael Bay may have opinions I don't like but he's ultimately a nerdy film kid who loves the process of making movies, and while his non-nihilist material is lacking he's still one of the best--if not the best--technical director working today. He's what Zack Snyder dreams of being.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Flesh Forge posted:

Didn't Rodger Ebert once say that Rob Schneider was a terrible actor, but a good man and that he hoped one day Schneider would make a film he enjoyed?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Michael Bay treats dogs better than underage actresses, I see.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Not that this makes it any better but I'm sure that the overwhelming majority of directors, producers, and anyone powerful enough to make/break the career of a small fry does that.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Keeshhound posted:

Has he ever done something like make a huge bolt of lighting strike close enough that the thunderclap knocked people unconscious? It seems like an appropriately comic book use of the powerset.

Well, there was the one time...

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Lurdiak posted:

Michael Bay treats dogs better than underage actresses, I see.

I would treat a dog better than almost every single human being alive or dead

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Flesh Forge posted:

Oh Jesus Christ, how happy I am to be wrong. Why the gently caress did I think he had died? :confused:

Motherfucker, do not scare me like that :argh:

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Unbeatable Squirrel Girl v2 #11

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Teenage Fansub posted:

Why would Nightmare bother with the Venom symbiote? He's way more powerful just on his own. :spergin:

kujeger
Feb 19, 2004

OH YES HA HA

prefect posted:

Why would Nightmare bother with the Venom symbiote? He's way more powerful just on his own. :spergin:

This is inside the dream, so it's all dream-logic.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Teenage Fansub posted:

Squirrel Girl is the best loving comic.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
The best part is North spent half the comic justifying why SG would need to throw up the horns during a thunderstorm in order to beat the villain. (She's giving binary hand signals to her squirrel pals to direct traffic for the sonic assault on the Venom symbiote)

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Teenage Fansub posted:

Okay you have convinced me, Squirrel Girl owns

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

SonicRulez posted:

Now that you say this, is there anyone in the MCU not being played by Samuel L Jackson that can deliver badass dialogue?

Speaking of Sam Jackson, it's not a comic panel but I was watching Winter Soldier again recently and noticed that Nick Fury's gravestone had a badass epitaph:

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Yeah i got a good laugh outta that

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

The actual passage is pretty Fury though:

quote:

17 And I will execute great vengeance upon them with furious rebukes; and they shall know that I am the Lord, when I shall lay my vengeance upon them.
Ezekiel 25 is literally God's rear end-kicking Schedule.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

wiegieman posted:

The actual passage is pretty Fury though:

Ezekiel 25 is literally God's rear end-kicking Schedule.

Please tell me you're just being pedantic about the actual text of the bible and it's not a case of you not getting the reference.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
Can you give it to us in the original Aramaic please

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

This is worse than the time a lady on a pop culture themed game show was asked what a quarter pounder with cheese was called in France and she said "a quarter pounder with cheese" in french.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

This is worse than the time a lady on a pop culture themed game show was asked what a quarter pounder with cheese was called in France and she said "a quarter pounder with cheese" in french.

How could you even say that in french? they got the metric system.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Lurdiak posted:

Let me guess, Beat the Geeks? That show was so full of cringe-worthy unpreparedness by some, and absolute sperglordiness by others. I remember that long haired movie geek would clearly only see hoity toity indie/arthouse/turner classic movies type films, then would get visibly pissed off when someone knew an answer he didn't about like, Happy Gilmore or something. The TV geek guy seemed chill as hell even if he was hard to beat.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Tv geek guy was far and away the best. I remember they had an irregular comic book geek and if I recall he would wipe the floor with anyone because 99 people out of 100, especially in 2000 our so didn't know poo poo about comics.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

mind the walrus posted:

Tv geek guy was far and away the best. I remember they had an irregular comic book geek and if I recall he would wipe the floor with anyone because 99 people out of 100, especially in 2000 our so didn't know poo poo about comics.

"Here is your question...... is Jean Grey dead?"

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Jerusalem posted:

"Here is your question...... is Jean Grey dead?"

This is the kind of logical paradox that makes robots explode

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

But is it truly winning...

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

The predicate doesn't apply to fictional characters. Is Don Quixote dead?

...I'm never going to win a game show, am I. :(

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

Doc Hawkins posted:

The predicate doesn't apply to fictional characters. Is Don Quixote dead?

...I'm never going to win a game show, am I. :(

Wheel... of... Pedantry!

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

mind the walrus posted:

The funniest was the episode where they had some college age girl on as the "South Park Geek" and she got every. single. question. wrong. She was awful.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
I loved the premise for that show, but yeah, Movie geek was a twat. It was like he's trying to be Dennis Miller's slacker cousin.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Secret Warriors #9:

Phobos, Eden Fesi (Manifold) and Hellfire are trying to get the hell out of one of Nick Fury's safehouses after Norman Osborne's Thunderbolts bust through the front door. Eden isn't quite ready for Ares'...interpretation of his teleportation powerset.

:black101:

:black101:

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Oh, we're doing Secret Warriors?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

It's a little corny, but stuff like this bit from Batman #8 is why I love comics:

I'm going to be beyond bummed when Clayface turns evil again :smith:

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

fadam posted:

I'm going to be beyond bummed when Clayface turns evil again :smith:
In the great tradition of Sandman it will happen because someone who grew up on Batman: The Animated Series can't take the change.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

So wait, is Tim dead now?

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

10 Beers posted:

They think he's dead, but he was actually captured by a guy who's probably Ozymandius.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

10 Beers posted:

Yes*

*He appears to die but was actually teleported and taken off the board by a Mr. Oz which could maybe be Adrian Veidt? It's kinda stupid but to everyone else he's dead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I'm not really sure how Clayface power armor is very useful to be honest.