Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

HopperUK posted:

What's the nickname you guys are most proud of? I end up naming mine after characters in TV shows I'm watching most of the time but some people are a lot more clever than that.
My faves are probably:

Douglas the Dugtrio
Lapis the Azumarill
Bamboozle the Pangoro
Hydranger the Roserade
OneHitWonder the Shedinja
Fun Guy the Breloom
Fiesta Time the Ludicolo
Fruit Flies the Tropius
MagNeato the Magnezone
Salad Days the Leavanny
Underminer the Excadrill
Hermione the Crustle

Long list, but I like nicknaming.

e: in the same vein as Barbaracle Streissland: Dustox Springfield

Paul.Power fucked around with this message at 09:04 on Sep 25, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brick Shipment
Jun 22, 2009

Off the top of my head,

WinRAR the Porygon 2
Purple Mane the shiny Zoroark
Rain the mega Charizard Y
Gnarly Brown the Mamoswine

All legendaries get short girly names like Cindy and Cleo.

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
Make way for Da' Maniac the Hawlucha

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Mordecai the Talonflame. It even says "Go Mordecai!" every time he comes into play.

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

My Barbaracle Streisand, a Garchomp named LandSharpedo, Mega-Lopunny named Bunne Jenet and and Infernape named TheMostMath after a great Reverend quote.

What's that?

tbp posted:

literally every single player at worlds generated their pokemon. not a single one of them use legit bred or captured mons. verlisify only started hopping on the hacking thing when his channel started dying, hes also insanely terrible at the game yet claims that he has won a ton of tournaments w/ no proof of having won any of them (he bought a trophy off amazon and shows it on his channel from time to time as a "vgc trophy")

How does he still have an audience?

Pomplamoose fucked around with this message at 09:10 on Sep 25, 2016

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

get this pokemon nickname:

Harambe!!!!!

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

give it to like a treecko or something i dunno its pretty funny though

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

HopperUK posted:

What's the nickname you guys are most proud of? I end up naming mine after characters in TV shows I'm watching most of the time but some people are a lot more clever than that.

I had a Lickilicky that knew self destruction that I called "Little Boy."

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I let my roommate nickname the Garchomp I used in X and he said Rocket Jobs (???) and then when I was breeding up a more competitive one he named it Racket Jabs (???????) and long story short I'm on my fifth Garchhomp and it's Rucket Jubs

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

a tyrantrum named grimrock

coffee the koffing

feraligator the feraligatr

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
I could build a big post about nicknames, but off the top of my head, Lunatone and Solrock are always--but always--Mr. Shine and Mr. Bright.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
i don't nickname my pokemon :cool:

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Lay-Z the Slaking
Huge Bill the Pelipper
Jeaaaaaan!: Dusclops
Also I tend to name my Spinaraks "Buttface" which, for some reason, is not filtered, because of the 3D model.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

tbp posted:

literally every single player at worlds generated their pokemon. not a single one of them use legit bred or captured mons. verlisify only started hopping on the hacking thing when his channel started dying, hes also insanely terrible at the game yet claims that he has won a ton of tournaments w/ no proof of having won any of them (he bought a trophy off amazon and shows it on his channel from time to time as a "vgc trophy")

Wow. That's kinda incredible in a very sad way.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Ruggington posted:

give it to like a treecko or something i dunno its pretty funny though

Not when I could chronicle the adventures of Jules Ferne.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

My Growlithe named Enrico (after history's greatest Doge)
My Parasect named Cody Septic.
My Gen IV IV Bred Tyranatar named KING GOD (granted his IVs would be nothing today but this is gen III/IV we're talking about)
My Shiny Weezing named 'My Boy Blue' (I think I had to shrink this to Ol' Blue but canonically I consider his name to be the former)
My Shiny Raticate named Booger Red.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes
The nickname I'm currently inordinately proud of is Lazuli the Azumarill, because she's a "lapin lazuli".

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE
Oh, and in White2, I caught a Dwebble in a Nuzlocke who I named General. He didn't do much of anything. I caught a new Dwebble in a Y nuzlocke, and she impressed me enough for a name change to Captain. Then, in my latest Nuzlocke, I got lucky enough to find ANOTHER Dwebble who was now one of my sleeper favorites and power houses, and I named her Admiral.

She is my star.

Dark Grapefruit
Jun 3, 2006

All cans are welcome and equal in your city, regardless of can content, and whether empty or full.
Skullduggery the Marowak
Salsaguaro the Maractus
Ice Ice Baby the Cryogonal
Deckard the Ampharos
Carrion On the Mandibuzz

and the one I'm probably the most proud of:
Ziggy ★dust the Shiny Zigzagoon

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i'm sorry friends but i've never given my pokemons any nicknames :(

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

A [mega] Aggron named Mechonis.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Kerrrrrrr posted:

i'm sorry friends but i've never given my pokemons any nicknames :(

I don't think this one will fit in the name space

Decus
Feb 24, 2013
At least none of you are the kid who named all their route 1 birds and rats after legendaries.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Ruggington posted:

I don't think this one will fit in the name space

i did have a parasect in my original Blue cartridge named AAAAAAAAAB

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Kerrrrrrr posted:

i did have a parasect in my original Blue cartridge named AAAAAAAAAB

My pikachu was a random string of all caps letters because I couldn't read

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Decus posted:

At least none of you are the kid who named all their route 1 birds and rats after legendaries.

I did go through a phase where I namee the 6 pokemon on my teams Pestilence/War/Death/Famine/Apocalypse/Harbinger and Wrath/Gluttony/Pride/Envy/Sloth/Greed

Also led to weird poo poo like a Butterfree named WAR or a Explous named Apocalypse.

Edgy teen years are fun.

Zore fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Sep 25, 2016

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Fauxliage for Sudowoodo is always good, but I'm pretty sure I stole that off the Internet.
Foaliage for horsey plant things too.

also things like dang he so the game sounds really surprised every time they do something

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

tbp posted:

He's also incredibly defensive of his retarded teambuilding.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

I wish there were more of these and also that weird custom art toys weren't all like $50+

Vernatio
Nov 13, 2015

Questionable!
I mostly just give my mons normal sounding names, with more extravagant names for more special mons, and I always use the same names for the same mons in most of my playthroughs (i.e. 90% of my female butterfrees are named Mary, male Espurrs always get Kain, etc). It's boring, but I like it.

The only nickname I'm really proud of was Purmple the shiny wurmple

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING

Classtoise posted:

Oh, and in White2, I caught a Dwebble in a Nuzlocke who I named General. He didn't do much of anything. I caught a new Dwebble in a Y nuzlocke, and she impressed me enough for a name change to Captain. Then, in my latest Nuzlocke, I got lucky enough to find ANOTHER Dwebble who was now one of my sleeper favorites and power houses, and I named her Admiral.

She is my star.

Dwebble is a neat Pokemon that doesn't get enough love, and has a good movepool, stats, typing, and access to Shell Smash. It'll never be competitively viable, but in-game it's enormously fun.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I really like Dwebble a lot but Crustle is pretty drat ugly.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Spatula City posted:

Dwebble is a neat Pokemon that doesn't get enough love, and has a good movepool, stats, typing, and access to Shell Smash. It'll never be competitively viable, but in-game it's enormously fun.

As I learned last night, Dwebble is completely viable within Little Cup rules and actually shines pretty brightly there.

Dwebble sweeps are legit.

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son

Internet Kraken posted:

I really like Dwebble a lot but Crustle is pretty drat ugly.

gently caress you

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
Apologize

cancerianmoth
Oct 18, 2012

HoneyBoy posted:

Apologize

Crustle was my MVP on my friendly competitive team of bug pokemon. It definitely earned a place in my heart.

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.
I was pretty proud of my first competitive team.

Soul the Dusknoir
Mind the Octillary
Reality the Marowak
Power the Machamp
Space the Reuniclus
Time the Bronzong

Xander B Coolridge
Sep 2, 2011
drat it feels SO satisfying to make good reads on an opponent. I'm hardly a "good" competitive battler but I just caused a ragequit via wifi up against a pretty intimidating team.

I tend to roll with my favorites like Ninetales and Quagsire rather than the typical Thunderus/Amoongus/MegaKang teams but I managed to read pretty much every play this guy made.

I can vouch that watching YouTubers has made me a better player

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.

Xander B Coolridge posted:

drat it feels SO satisfying to make good reads on an opponent. I'm hardly a "good" competitive battler but I just caused a ragequit via wifi up against a pretty intimidating team.

I tend to roll with my favorites like Ninetales and Quagsire rather than the typical Thunderus/Amoongus/MegaKang teams but I managed to read pretty much every play this guy made.

I can vouch that watching YouTubers has made me a better player

Same, it's much more fun to play with pokemon you like I feel. My current comp team is Talonflame, Amoongus, Rotom-W, Gastrodon, Tyranitar, Mega Steelix.